Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Our gym moved all the free weights downstairs to a room that was previously used for spinning. poo poo owns, whiny old people and other losers are now in a completely different space.

No radio, but they left the speakers and amp, which you can plug a phone or player into. Unfortunately some chick hogged it first and was blaring some awful techno poo poo. You can bet your rear end there will be Slayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice

good fuckin morning goddammit
im excited for today
we'll be hitting the anconeus for 2 hours from every possible angle
well, time to get my rear end on cardio

shake time! use 5 scoops of REAL FOOD ©
cant forget the cocoa pebles, this is just something i do occasionally every day guys

busted! its cookie time goddammit
this is my 10th snack today, but it doesn't count as a meal although it's about 1000 kcal

ok, time to hit the gym goddammit
im here with my buddy SpiceRack™ another 5%er
lets do this poo poo

shoop ah shoop ah

fuckin killed it today. its fuckin beautiful outside drinking my shake
ready to head back home babe?

ok were on our nightly food run goddammit
what are we having tonight babe?
loving chipotle goddammit

cant forget the ben & jerrys goddammit
gotta eat a pint after 4 pounds of junk food at 1 am every night if you want to put on that size, right babe?

vacuum time goddammit, this is the secret to small waist guys
hold it for 15 seconds guys *holds vacuum for 3 seconds*
whooh this fuckers burn

ok guys time for me to hit the sack goddammit

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice

Fallows posted:

The fullness and almost constant pump is something im really growing accustomed too, i dont know how ill feel off cycle when it goes away but thankfully thats a while away. I also am not doing this for looks(well maybe a little), my workouts right now are very high volume low rest, but the end goal is to have a very big bench/squat/dl

What were your lifts before you started roidin' and what are your goals?

I'm 36 and i'd totally be down for some test, but AFAIK docs around these parts really aren't into "anti-aging" treatments.
We have heart problems in the family (which I've already had a small taste of), so i'd definitely have to do it under medical supervision.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
Whoa, exactly one in the whole country. Time to see how many months you have to wait for an appointment :toot:

Thanks for the tip

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
Get so swole your scalp pushes all hair out

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
Already done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfTA6J28lW8

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice

jeff smisek posted:

Does anyone run? I used to run, but i stopped since i started oly lifting because it's supposed to ruin your gainz, but I feel like such a lazy slug. I want to start running again

Hill sprints own. do HIIT.

Cardio ruining your gains is one of the oldest and dumbest bro science myths. good cardiovascular health helps with gains and boosts recovery.
Also makes you not a useless blob of muscle and fat, which is only good at lifting a piece of metal a few times and then needs to sit down for 5-10 minutes.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
We had one of those electrical measuring things at work and it told me my bf % is 31. :psyduck: There's no way in hell I'm over 20%, I can see my abs.

The lady operating it told me eating right before will gently caress up the result, but they seem to be complete garbage anyway. Some slim chick told she had a result of 78%

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
You want shoes with a flat sole but some padding

imo chuck taylor 2's are the supreme shoe

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
The problem with gp's is that they can be hilariously incompetent when it comes to sports related injuries. One diagnosed me with a slightly herniated disc when the actual problem was tight hamstrings

Jump through whatever hoops you have to, but what you need is a physiotherapist

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
turns out going to the gym at 10am after attending a beer festival the night before does not make a good workout

especially when you've taken about 3 weeks off gym because vacation time

time to get serious again and KOSAD (kilo of salami a day)

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice

bamhand posted:

Why is knee locking on leg press bad but fine for squats? Isn't it the exact same thing?

knee locking is never good. if you're talking about the same over extending fat people tend to do when they're standing

that's one of the main reasons their knees are hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice

Knight posted:

Passed out standing and collapsed after my workout, unconscious and seizing for about 30 seconds. GF called 911, EMTs found something on the EKG so they've done a chest x-ray and CT.

Shin status is green, slammed my butt on a coffee table tho :butt:

Heart problems suck. i just had a 24 hour EKG on tuesday.

if they want to put you on beta blockers, ask for nebivolol. it doesn't affect your lungs or hinder blood flow like most of them.
so if your lovely heart ends up killing you at least you go can out lifting.

• Locked thread