Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
hi i haven't lifted a weight in about 6 months but i'm about to start again! only i used to do starting strength and i had big stupid quads and was strong but i looked like an idiot. where should i look to find a workout plan that will make me look cool? the more i can do with free weights the better

edit: i just found this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756974 which looks up my alley because I just ran my first 8K event yesterday and generally enjoy running a lot. unless someone skims that and reports back that he has severe brain problems im gonna follow his advice

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
A healthy dosage of DH Lawrence style homosexuality is one of the best things you can have for big gains

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
the lack of good gyms near me is painful. I love my garage setup but I want somewhere with other people around and actual equipment but it looks like my only real options are crossfit or 24 Hour Fitness/LA Fitness. Are gyms are like that worthwhile at all? One time I went to Planet Fitness and they didn't have a bench press thing

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Alright I'm gonna try out 24 hour fitness after seeing my shrink tonight. Hope there aren't any embarrassing flaws in my lifts that my roommate never spotted(there definitely are). Thanks goons.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

24 hour fitness/LA fitness are totally fine. They have all the freeweight stuff, dbs up to 120, plenty of hammer strength stuff. Plus they'll usually have fine-looking females too

(bolded section) you weren't kidding

so i was actually a little nervous about the gym because i'm scrawny(i mostly have been focusing on cardio for the past 6 months) and i was afraid i'd look out of place with my puny exercises with bad form, but it turns out i'm still probably top 15% of most fit people at the gym i go to lol. half the people on the treadmills were power walking.

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

UnfurledSails posted:

One day I experimented with adding peanut butter into my bowl of cottage cheese. It worked

Peanut butter and cottage cheese are ingredients in a tasty rear end smoothie

• Locked thread