Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

gently caress how did I not notice there were no posts in the other swole thread for like a month.

as a sacrifice here is a video of a bunch of retards at a gym. And I mean that literally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdk6mBlzWsw

I really don't remember how I got to that video, but it probably had to do with Big Lenny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Chinatown posted:

I swear to god.

And yes, the 2.5s are outside the collars

I'm not gonna mock someone for using light weights but I am curious as to what they were even doing with that; plus the obvious weird decisions with the plates.

On another note: Today I officially curled in the squat rack. Can I have my gains now?

There was already someone using the only curl bar and at like 10 AM there was literally me and two other people in the gym entirely.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

My gym has this big rogue multi-rack thing in the middle of the weight area. It's got 4 stations which is cool, but there's this dumb loving seam in the floor matting/carpeting/whatever that runs diagonally through it. So 2 of the stations have a spot where if you try and stand there for something like squats, your foot will sit on the seam. The problem is that the two sides of it aren't even, it's like between 1/8 and 1/4 inch difference meaning you can't squat with your feet flat without walking outside the range of the safeties.

Also my gym is full of college assholes who gather around various machines and just sit there and chat and leave weights lying all of the drat place but I've ranted a bunch about that before.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Homestar Runner posted:

lol why do people provide descriptive updates of their workouts :psyduck:

Not like this thread is any loving use for anything else. Might as well turn it into a giant log for people who don't feel like making TFLC threads.
On that note....I canceled my gym membership. Schedule's all hosed up; gonna just spend more time biking and do some stuff with my dumbbells at home.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Isolated dumbbell press is cool because you get to feel up your chest and imagine what it will be like when a girl finally touches it.

Don't forget to sit on your hand first.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Many people have espoused the joys of good cold shower-beer, but I have finally learned the greatness of an ice cold shower-protein-shake. After a hard gym session and biking home in 85 degree weather on a humid day.

I came.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Bakalakadaka posted:

I hope it was in the shake so you didn't lose your gains.

I just kept adding more protein powder and continued the cycle until I was done with the shower.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

SpeedyCow posted:

Nope not even that. Talked about how they almost stopped after 5 minutes and only through the power of song could they get through. I don't think I can walk 2.1mph without pulling a hip flexor.

I was gonna say, isn't the average walking speed something like a mile in 15 minutes? I'm assuming this person has some kind of medical condition.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Fallows posted:

one day i will be bigger than rich piana... one day

He's got to deflate eventually. One man can only contain so much hot air.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I threw away a cheap plastic shaker once after I had lost it for 2 weeks. I mix my shakes with milk. Didn't even bother opening it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ughh, college is starting up again soon and so come all the morons who don't know how to rerack their weights. Along with just plain not racking the weight at all, it's inevitable that every day I see 5 and 2.5 plates smashed behind or between 45s. It's not loving hard to put the weights in the right place. I wish I had a good gym that enforced this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Are we talking actual drops, like just letting go of the bar at waist height or are you just wishing your gym had a lunk alarm?

• Locked thread