Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I turned my garage into a gym. It makes it a lot easier to go to the gym, you just go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

88h88 posted:

Yup, buying a cage is the best thing I've ever done.

Agreed.

Acelerion fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 1, 2016

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Chinatown posted:

The Mountain's Bulk Game is Strong.

Dude, how does he fit a workout in between all the pooping?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

I have yet to hear a woman speak positively about "vascularity"--usually the opposite.

Is this one of those weird things that guys assume women like for some reason but actually just grosses them out? Eg, dick pics.

On the flip side, capri pants were a thing. It's wierd world out there.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Speaking of clothes...getting suit jackets to fit is an impossibility I've decided. Going to bring back the office stringer T

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Ah garage lifting

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

God drat mosquitoes getting bad, may have to add some DEET to the pre workout.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

And all the fire

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

El Duderino posted:

Question for you seasoned lifters. How much bigger are your bench lifts when using a barbell as apposed to db?

I had some gnarly tendinitis in my elbow, and an old shoulder injury, and barbell would really make me sore. So for the last year I've been sticking to just dumbell flat and incline, and really happy with my body not making GBS threads the bed. I'm 3x8 db flat 90s, 85 to 80 incline and sort of curious, if my body didn't suck if this is getting close to 2 plate flat bench for reps territory.

I'm sure it can really vary by person, but just wondering what you goons are seeing.

You should be able to rep 2 plates. May take a week or two to get your body used to the different lift if you haven't bb benched in a while.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

P-Mack posted:

I had sex with a woman before working out today and every lift was weak as poo poo. How do I fix this? Salami?

I don't know, I don't think many women like cured meats in their cooters.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I get panic attacks that have literally the exact symptoms of a heart attack. Lifting calms the adrenaline down so if I ever have a real one I'll probably blow it off and die.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Wrapping up a 3 month cut next week, just in time for bulking (football) season.

Squat actually went up - took weight off my gut and put it on the bar.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Lifting at >30 makes old aches feel better at the expense of new aches. At 40 I assume it starts being net negative, and at 50 you will probably die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Started bulking season. Bowels not used to this much work. Supplementing with additional coffee has only been partially successful.

• Locked thread