Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Stephanie McMahon hated Corino when he was a writer there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I thought Stephanie McMahon hated Corino when he was a writer there?

....don't think he wrote for WWE. Other than a cup of coffee in their lightweight division doing jobs, he's not been employed by WWE. He tried out to be a colour guy years ago but they said no because of the scar tissue on his head from all the blood he shed in ECW.

That said, good for Steve. He understands wrestling psychology really well, so this is a good pickup for WWE. Fun fact: At one point, there was a plan in the works for Corino to wrestle HHH at an ECW PPV as a favour/thank you to Heyman for something he'd done. THAT would have been interesting.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Corino did a writing audition for WWE the day after he flunked his in ring tryout because he got bigger cheers than the guy he was working and was supposed to be a heel.

His writing audition didn't go well because he didn't fully script his promo's doing bullet points instead. I don't know that Steph hated him but there was a guy who patronisingly told him that when he was defending having "Punk cuts promo for the ppv" by saying you should trust the good talkers like Punk and Flair to just do their thing that "I write the words that go in Ric Flairs* mouth."

*or some other great talker I forget which.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gonna be fuckin pissed if new japan brings back striker for their english commentary

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

gonna be fuckin pissed if new japan brings back striker for their english commentary

gently caress, I hadn't even considered that. Maybe it'll be Nigel instead.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

ummm wtf??? roque said he was staying

roque!!! roque??!?!?!?

It doesn't matter. This is just another old timer who gets to collect a check hanging out at performance center.

Meanwhile ROH is on a role with signings when people have been claiming there will be a mass exodus. So far you got Punishment Martinez, Scrull, Ospreay and now The Young Bucks who have signed on with ROH.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque11 posted:

It doesn't matter. This is just another old timer who gets to collect a check hanging out at performance center.

Roque11 posted:

People are acting like WWE is sticking to ROH in a big way by having Corino in a guest trainer and then having him do a website inter view. Don't these people ever think that Corino is not only still under contract to ROH and had to get permission to do all this, but that ROH clearly gave him the Okay? Or ever think that Corino is playing the game and knows how to play leverage games with ROH, which is what so many others wrestlers in the company do? The Bucks, Lethal, Fish and O'Reilly play this same game every year and people always fall for it thinking this will be the time they jump to WWE.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

hopefully they can just get Barnett

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Pack it in failurWWEs, ROH just signed Cole to a multi-year contract.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I was thinking Cole was gonna leave but Kyle would stay. I hope the reverse doesn't happen since the latter's been better since Cole's injury and much more fun in NJPW.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That's funny, Kevin Owens said this weekend that it was only a matter of time before Cole was in WWE. I thought at the time he might have had a scoop, but apparently not

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Mercury Crusader posted:

Ha! Ha! Add another one to the re-signed list. This mass exodus you guts predicted is not looking so good. 12/31 LOL!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mercury Crusader posted:

Just like Bram signed all those TNA multi-year contracts :v:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please apologize to Roque11

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Roque11 posted:

Ha! Ha! Add another one to the re-signed list. This mass exodus you guts predicted is not looking so good. 12/31 LOL!

The only person who has been constantly predicting a mass exodus is you.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

marks

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

No need to use slurs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wtf mods, you just gonna allow these kinds of slurs??

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

wtf mods, you just gonna allow these kinds of slurs??

yeah

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

roque assuming you're not a gimmick do you think people don't want roh to succeed?

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 24, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Please apologize to Roque11

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

roque assuming you're not a gimmick do you think people don't want roh to succeed?

It's juse a bunch of these WWE fans who always need to make other companies into their targets cause they are threatened. TNA has been a non-factor and in shambles for a long time so lets now turn our attention to ROH and go overboard with reporting these stories. They always act like every single wrestler in the world is signing with WWE when the company can't book anybody except for these part timers.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Roque11 posted:

It's juse a bunch of these WWE fans who always need to make other companies into their targets cause they are threatened. TNA has been a non-factor and in shambles for a long time so lets now turn our attention to ROH and go overboard with reporting these stories. They always act like every single wrestler in the world is signing with WWE when the company can't book anybody except for these part timers.

have you ever looked at the WWE thread

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Hell, I think Roque11 is good. I think Rovert is good. I think ROH is good. God Bless you all on this American Thanksgiving day.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 24, 2016

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I count as people.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

When do we get the blow-off match between Roque and Rovert?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think one must necessarily subsume the other and become Roqvert

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Adam Cole is cool and all, but look, RoH are losing Steve Corino. It's over. Cole will be in WWE shortly after the promotion goes out of business.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ROH is cool

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lmGV7Lmx24Q

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

rovert posted:

WWE downgrading the look and quality of their product/roster is one of the bigger stories of year for me. Moreso the bottom half of the roster than the top obviously. Kinda reminds me of the difference between the WWF 1992 roster and the WWF 1993 roster. There's a lot more people who look minor league on the roster now
I'm curious, who do you see as a "downgrade" in WWE from 2015 to 2016?

Daniel Bryan retired (but barely wrestled in 2015) and the main roster people who left so far have been Hornswoggle, Alex Riley, El Torito, Santino, Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Adam Rose, Ryback, ADR, and the Dudley Boyz, technically? Are there that many people on the roster now that look more minor league than El Torito or the Social Outcasts?

I can see the argument for Barrett, Rhodes, ADR, Ryback, and I guess Sandow being "losses" to the quality of the roster, though by and large none of them were being used particularly well in 2016 (or 2015). Meanwhile in 2016 they signed AJ Styles (and a bunch of other people but honestly AJ probably makes up for the screen time and entertainment quality of all of the 'losses' combined)

I guess you could argue that they've effectively "lost" Cena and HHH as neither have been on TV much in 2016, and they lost Finn to injury and etc. but that doesn't make sense as a "downgrade".

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
People like Ellsworth, Headbangers, Rhyno, Spirit Squad etc being on TV. Along with pretty low rent, vanilla guys in the Crusierweight division specifically the likes of Nese and Gulak.

You might think I am being overly harsh here or there but do you really think any of those besides the novelty of Ellsworth would catch the eye of casual fans or "Joe Six Pack".

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ellesworth is the only one that's on a significant amount of tv, and the cruiserweights probably won't be a problem much longer.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

People like Ellsworth, Headbangers, Rhyno, Spirit Squad etc being on TV. Along with pretty low rent, vanilla guys in the Crusierweight division specifically the likes of Nese and Gulak.

You might think I am being overly harsh here or there but do you really think any of those besides the novelty of Ellsworth would catch the eye of casual fans or "Joe Six Pack".

do you really think Becky does?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

do you really think Becky does?

Listen to her crowd reactions and WWE has her doing SO much media now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hasn't PWG done Cole/O'Reilly as a main event already?

E: oh way back in 2014, http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/results/2014/show0150.html

coconono fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 28, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah its a longtime feud

becky's running corner spot where she like fires a bow and arrow or something first gets no reaction every single time and i hate it. 80% of her reactions are her entrance pop

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
While I'm not partially high on ROH right now, Final Battle should be very good and looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

becky's running corner spot where she like fires a bow and arrow or something first gets no reaction every single time and i hate it. 80% of her reactions are her entrance pop

WWE live crowd in a nut shell.

• Locked thread