Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Haven
Dec 28, 2005

They might just as well've been closed.

oatgan posted:

buy the VOD when it goes up it ruled

Seconded. Really excellent show all around. Dalton and Cheeseburger have a pretty hilarious inadvertent double-pin spot in the 6-man you'll want to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Heard the Cabana promo was actually fantastic, so I am intrigued. Will always have a soft spot for the guy because the Cabana/Homicide angle is what really drew me into buying the DVDs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i can vouch that it was really really good and played into his real life bitterness over being left in the cold after wwe and roh both cut him

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Colt Cabana is cool I like him

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Colt is a good egg.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yay colt

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think it also provides an interesting match storyline for Jay: He's never faced anybody who wrestles the weird british mat style that Colt does (to my knowledge) while he's been world champ, and that being his achilles heel works, if they plan to put the belt on Colt.

That said, I think Dijak is the one who ends up beating Jay.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm surprised Vince hasn't rolled up in a chariot and drug Dijak off in a net.

Glad Colt and Delirious managed to mend fences.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can't wait for Lethal to tap to the BILLY GOATS CURSE

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

coconono posted:

I'm surprised Vince hasn't rolled up in a chariot and drug Dijak off in a net.

Glad Colt and Delirious managed to mend fences.

Honestly, if Dijak had about fifty more pounds of muscle mass, yeah, Vince would be camping outside his door. As of right now, I bet Vince would think he's too skinny.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

JOHN CENA posted:

colt cabana is great you dorks.

that show was good. lots of good comedy in almost all matches.

He's bad.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think Colt Cabana's fine and everything, but it's a little hard to buy him as a serious threat to Jay Lethal, The Greatest Pro Wrestling Champion in the World.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

I think Colt Cabana's fine and everything, but it's a little hard to buy him as a serious threat to Jay Lethal, The Greatest Pro Wrestling Champion in the World.

It's going to pad his reign length, and nobody else in the company can currently be taken seriously as a threat without at least a few more weeks of prep. This is fine with that in mind

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That said, I think Dijak is the one who ends up beating Jay.

Lethal calls himself the Best in the World but he's still not the ACE OF THE UNIVERSE

SI.com posted:

:
Tanahashi does, however, have a new goal in mind for 2016. New Japan has a lucrative working agreement with Ring of Honor, and Tanahashi wants Jay Lethal’s world title.

“I want the ROH championship,” said Tanahashi, who is a seven-time IWGP champion. “I want Jay Lethal’s title. When I get his belt, I’ll defend it in the U.S. and I’ll defend it on all the big shows in New Japan.”

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

I would be in the same boat but colt cabana cut the best promo of 2016 so I want to see the match now

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Thauros posted:

Lethal calls himself the Best in the World but he's still not the ACE OF THE UNIVERSE

I'm really hoping we get that match at Global Wars.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
This is step one in CM Punk returning home to take the belt off Lethal

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Does anyone know when the ROH stuff from this weekend will be made available?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Demtor posted:

Does anyone know when the ROH stuff from this weekend will be made available?

Prepare to be disappointed going by their track record. Wednesday/Thursday.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Was able to make it to Supercard of Honor TV tapings on Saturday

Shane Taylor was great during the dark match

Jay Lethal delivers what the people want making him the best world champion

Matt Sydal/ACH was awesome in how ACH was making fun of the ANX and how good the finish was

Donovan Dijak v Will Ferrara was given mic time to set up the story for the match. Had a great botchomania moment with Dijak getting into it.

Bobby Fish and Rodi Strong in a two out of three falls match able to highlight each guy’s arsenals

Silas Young was a lot of fun from where I sat because he yelled at the fat dude in the front row. War Machine vs Silas and the Beer City Bruiser was a good old slobernocker

Dalton Castle vs BJ Whitmer had the crowd eating out of Dalton’s hand

Brisco’s v Addiction v Shelly & Sabin v Young Bucks should have been an elimination match, but people have better things to do on a Saturday in Dallas. We had reservations at Fogo de Chao; so we had several animals to eat later ourselves.

Kyle O’Rielly vs Adam Cole was a No Holds Barred fight that delivered for the crowd

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thauros posted:

gently caress yes please let this happen

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
So, I may be going to Best In the World in NC this june. Where is a good place to catch up on what's going on in ROH.

Edit: I just found out that Ishii is working ROH now holy poo poo I'm sold.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 6, 2016

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I will mark the gently caress out for Lethal-Tanahashi

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I have an extra ticket for the NYC show on May 14th. PM me or send me a message on twitter if you're interested.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
a the latest observer says that Shibata is currently planned for the PPV and tour. I get to see Shibata :swoon:

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

a the latest observer says that Shibata is currently planned for the PPV and tour. I get to see Shibata :swoon:

For Toronto as well? I was going to wait to see who would be coming over before buying but if Shibata will be there so will I.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

MagicCube posted:

For Toronto as well? I was going to wait to see who would be coming over before buying but if Shibata will be there so will I.

seems that way. this is the exact wording:

Dave Meltzer posted:

Katsuyori Shibata and Kenny Omega are expected in for the next tour and PPV, but it’s not definite because of Visa issues. It would be Shibata’s first ROH tour.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If ROH does get Chris Hero back I would kill to see him get a match with Shibata

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think when they did the first NJPW vs ROH shows a lot of people were hoping for Nakamura vs Hero. Shibata works too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i am more excited about BIG IN USA vs the Briscoes

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I dunno why, but the idea of them still going by Big in USA while working in ROH seems really silly to me

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre big boys and in the usa

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bard Maddox posted:

So loving glad I paid for actual seats instead of bleachers this time. Might even have to get some steamers for my boy Katsuyori

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wait is Hero actually coming back to ROH?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Wait is Hero actually coming back to ROH?

They're in talks. He doesn't want to do WWE, and EVOLVE's recent decision makes that harder if he stays with them

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How likely is he to continue doing PWG, if he ends up working with them? I know the embargo has ended, but I feel like being part of the ROH roster is pretty time consuming.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How likely is he to continue doing PWG, if he ends up working with them? I know the embargo has ended, but I feel like being part of the ROH roster is pretty time consuming.

He really seems to love PWG, it's rejuvenated his career in numerous ways. He's doing better in ring than I think he ever has, at least in terms of singles action. If a deal's reached, I can't imagine it 1) would stop him from doing PWG, and 2) would involve a lot of ROH dates. I could see him doing big shows and a few TV tapings, but PWG deservedly looks like where he's going to do most of his work from now on.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

ROH and PWG have a relationship now so as long as it doesn't conflict with any ROH dates he'll be on their shows

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah, if Cole and O'Reilly can work PWG again while under ROH contract I don't see any reason why Hero couldn't. We obviously don't know the details for sure but the rumor was that the Bucks and Roddy wouldn't reup with ROH to begin with unless they were allowed to continue working PWG. With HHH trying to freeze ROH out of workers by discouraging people from working there if they want to get signed to NXT, they're not really in a position to play hardball with talent anymore on subjects like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ROH announced in December that their guys can work PWG shows, it's no longer anexceptionthat has to be negotioated like in Roddy and the Bucks' cases.

• Locked thread