Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah, I'm comfortable with this

##vote
1: B
2: G, F, H

H for volunteers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Alright time to die in the center of the earth!

##vote
2: G, F

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hexenritter posted:

##vote

H for volunteers.

Yeah, this works.

Glad we're back, this is one of my favorite CYOAs!

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Hexenritter posted:

##vote

H for volunteers.

Bromeliad posted:

[00:14] <Bromeliad> post in talos
[00:14] <Bromeliad> so i can update

So I can update? :iiam:

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
##vote
1. D
2. C, E, F

We want to see what happened. Don't need lots of men for that.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Gotta say, I am absolutely loving this! The art is fantastic and the characters are amazing.

##vote
1:B
2:A,C,D,G

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. B
2. The mages and Zaph

Do we happen to see any dragon droppings anywhere, like chewed up bones, poop, claw marks, etc that could tell us where it might have went?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
I feel like this probably wasn't a dragon, unless dragons are dramatically more magical than we've been lead to believe.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

I now feel shooting all our cannons into the pit of doom was exactly the right decision, to get a parting shot at the hellwurm that did this before it went too deep into the earth to follow, heat and pressure reforming the tunnel long before we get there.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

You'll be leading the away team yourself, and bringing along Zaphidor, Anastasi, Strix, Volter, and a dozen soldiers. Crik has command of the Rumbler while you're away with Pacitar as his second.

THE RIGHT HAND

"So does he have a vow of silence or what?" Zaphidor asks.

"The Confessor's order is-- was the highest power in Uchuam," the Uchuami Praetor says. "She is the last of her order."
"So it's a she?"
"That's right." The Praetor ties a gold-scabbard panga to his waist. "Every word a Confessor says, according to Uchuami dogma, is law, and inscribed in the Golden Pages of the Holy Book itself. They choose their words very, very carefully."
The Confessor nods.
"She has no need to hold back any more." Anastasi is helping you into your breastplate. "Customs and law only have import when an order exists to enforce it and a people exists to be governed by them."
"That's the difference between the perspective of a Pirate and a Confessor," the Praetor says. "To her they now have a hundred times more import."

"Oh no. No no no."
Volter steps in front of you and raises his hand as Pi Xui strides down the wall toward the group. "No, Pi Xui. Stay here. Talk to Pacitar or something. Interview him."
"Volter, please," Pi Xui draws a traveling cloak across himself. "This is exactly the sort of thing we're here to investigate!"
"I thought that was the local cuisine," you say.
"I am a dedicated scholar of the stomach I admit," Pi Xui says. "But my kitchens at home are stocked and stuffed. My work in the Wastes is with the Tide! And its study, as well as the study of its postdiluvian phenomena, is among my highest passions. I can be of eminent use to this expedition."
"I can't be watching you the whole time," Volter says.
"I am aware your attention is going to be pointed elsewhere, Volter," Pi Xui says. Volter self-consciously removes his hand from your waist. "I can stay out of the way. I survived the siege of Anabas, didn't I? Iron Mantis, I beg you: my research requires this and you require my research. Whatever made that abyss: do you really think it was just a dragon?"
You adjust a glove. "What was it, then?"
"That is what I am asking you to allow me to ascertain."
"Your father charged me to keep you safe," Volter says. "And we both know I would lay down my life for that charge. Only most of the time I ain't doing that I'm talking you down from harebrained poo poo like this. PLEASE just stay on the robot."
Pi Xui looks to you pleadingly. "Please. Miss Mantis?"

1 You say:
A Listen to your handler, Pi Xui. Stay on the Rumbler.
B I want him along, Volter. We can look after him.

LordVonEarlDuke fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 22, 2016

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Iiiinteresting. Got us a researcher on our hands! I think we brought enough dudes that we can keep him as secure as we ourselves are, at least.

##vote
1. B

Assign a couple of the soldiers to just watch him.
Where did Uchuam get its water from? For that matter, where did Anabas? It sounds like the red tide is all around this area, but surely remaining water sources must be securely isolated from it?

All this arises from one basic question: What sort of ground were both cities built upon? If it was in large part the red tide itself, perhaps the tide is changing? And of more immediate concern, if Anabas is built similarly, our most valuable asset may be in danger.

Ralith fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 22, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B

His work could turn out to be important. Or at least interesting.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah, B sounds good to me.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

##vote
1. B
bring him along!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

hollylolly posted:

##vote
1. B
bring him along!

Yeah!, and you can hold his hand the whole time and if there's danger you can bamf him back up top and then come back down and help us murder whatever needs to be murdered.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Yay an extra dumbass to get rid of! B

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
#vote
1. B

Stopping things like this happening again takes priority over keeping Xui safe from every single potential risk.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Bring the child

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

##vote
B

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This No big loss if he dies anyway.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

##vote
B

For science!

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

1. B. Let's bring the nerd along.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

B I want him along, Volter. We can look after him.

B. "Why, I didn't realize you two had such depths! why didn't you saw you were a researcher before?"

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Tell him incidentally to give us some guesses. Get him to expound on how exactly a dragon could do this on the off chance it is in fact just a dragon.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Reluctant B

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
##vote
1. B

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Come back soon, hope you're well, LVED!

I kinda feel if it's a dragon using void magic we're hosed.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Is this adventure going to make a return some day? Great stuff in here. Hope you're doing okay, LordVonEarlDuke.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

I can only assume we are doomed because we voted to explore a mysterious sinkhole and it's going to collapse further and LVED is depressed by the prospect of posting about it. I'm staying subscribed to this regardless.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

If I received only one gift for my birthday this year, I would choose this CYOA making a comeback.

Return to us LordVonEarlDuke!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

If I received only one gift for my birthday this year, I would choose this CYOA making a comeback.

Return to us LordVonEarlDuke!

He's posted since the last update, but maybe he just doesn't have enough time to put one together.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
I spoke with him on IRC a while ago; some real-life stuff came up, hopefully he'll have more time again at some point.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

LVED being not dead is the most important thing here, but every day I will stare longingly at the word Talos in my UCP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

In that case I just hope LVED's real life stuff is going well. Real life comes before CYOAs on an aging comedy forum!

• Locked thread