Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
B Maybe whistle a tune, hum a ditty, think about what to have for lunch.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

B

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
##vote
1. D; A; B

This was more honorable than some of our plans :colbert:

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

##vote
1. D then C

Also I love that little bit of our backstory.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
##vote
1. B, then D, then C

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
question: Are any of the automata we beat up in a fixable state? I think it's about time the Iron Mantis got herself a fleet to go with her buttesse flagship.

If we can salvage any of the vanquished bots, who are the most suitable candidates among our crew to command them?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
##vote
B; A

Why are we showing off to a dead man?

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

##vote
B;D;A

As in, stab him in the front if he attacks, and throw a sword through his back if he runs like a craven little coward.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A The villain should never gloat before executing their master plan. In fact, I hate that we bothered to give him a sword to begin with.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
##vote
1. D then A

Ugh so badass we're just too cool!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
##vote
1.B

The fear. Let the fear run through him. As he realizes that there is no way he is getting out of this, even if he wins. He has LOST.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
##vote
1. D then A

With a twist: Throw the Emperor off the robot too, instead of simply swording him just like we did with his son.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 17, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

##vote
1. D then A

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Wentley posted:

##vote
1.B

The fear. Let the fear run through him. As he realizes that there is no way he is getting out of this, even if he wins. He has LOST.

I like this even more. If we can crush this pudgy fool's spirit, we potentially have a tool. Keep in mind, if we want to keep this city, or build anything from this moment, it might be a good idea to cow and keep around a handful of people who can keep things running. However, get the impression the thread isn't super interested in playing politics.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

There Bias Two posted:

A The villain should never gloat before executing their master plan. In fact, I hate that we bothered to give him a sword to begin with.

Yeah A. Get it done with.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
B, D, A.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

FaustianQ posted:

I like this even more. If we can crush this pudgy fool's spirit, we potentially have a tool. Keep in mind, if we want to keep this city, or build anything from this moment, it might be a good idea to cow and keep around a handful of people who can keep things running. However, get the impression the thread isn't super interested in playing politics.

This guy likely thinks too highly of himself to play a proper puppet. It'd be safer to just get rid of him.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
D

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Outrail posted:

Yeah A. Get it done with.

##vote
A

Wish we hadn't even bothered with the duel. Just kill a dude when he's beaten.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

This guy likely thinks too highly of himself to play a proper puppet. It'd be safer to just get rid of him.

Fair enough, we still have some nobles thanks to Anastasi. I can agree that if we're trying to put on a show we should have brought up some nobles for an audience to make it worth it.

##vote
A

BTW, when sorting our captives for utility in our plans, why not offer up the less useful or defiant as a token gesture for the poor?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

"If you want time to bargain, beg, our negotiate a mercy..." *evil laugh* "..it's in your hands."
#b then e. See how the politician handles thinking on his feet in his final moments. who knows, emps could have something to say.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

B

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheParadigm posted:

"If you want time to bargain, beg, our negotiate a mercy..." *evil laugh* "..it's in your hands."
#b then e. See how the politician handles thinking on his feet in his final moments. who knows, emps could have something to say.

If we're going to break out the evil laugh again we have to make sure our bestie is here. Zaph didn't get to be there the first time.

Voting this, but summon Zaphidor first.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

You plant your feet and wait.
A rivulet of sweat drips down the Emperor's bulbous nose and lands on his collar.

He looks to Anastasi, who watches with undisguised amusement.

He looks back to you.

Neither of you move.

You start to chuckle (and it's good).
The Emperor takes a hasty half-step back.

"Do you want to know," you say, "how your son really died?"

Something inside him snaps.
He bellows like a wounded rhino as he charges you.
Here's the fire that warms. Probably for the very first and last time in his life.

You twist easily around his strike; your fingers tap percussively against the hilt as you swap your hold on your blade.
You plunge it into his gut.

"He was annoying me," you say, pushing the sword in all the way to the hilt.

"He said I would never set foot inside Anabas, and that I should just execute him." You twist the blade. "So this is what I did."
You pull the sword from the Emperor with a silky hiss, turn round to his disbelieving, sweat-slick face, plant a boot on his chest, and kick him out the Rumbler's eye.

You faintly hear the screams begin below as the surviving nobles witness their Emperor's final descent.

Zaphidor thunders into the Throne room. "Did I miss-- gently caress!"
"Omg Zaphidor I'm sorry," you say.

1 The Emperor is Dead. Now you:

A Give Anabas over to your men, to do within as they please. Hail the conquering-- well not heroes, exactly.
B Give orders to find the nominal leaders of the Peasant rebellion and bring them before you. This city is theirs now.
C Start systematically tearing the golden buildings apart to maximize profit. Finish what you started and destroy the city.
D Recall everyone back to the Rumbler to debrief and take stock of what you've seized. Maintain order.
E Call that weird pair from the middle of the battle before you. Time to figure out just who the gently caress they are.
F Head to the palace and take a seat on the throne therein. Anabas has a new Empress.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Let's clean up some loose ends first. E

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
##vote
D and E

D because bookkeeping is great and we have not seen Sketter in a while. E while we wait for all that stuff to happen.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

##vote
1. E

Find out who these guys are

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
##vote
1. D

Old business before new. You can't just jump in at the middle of a battle and expect to go to the front of the queue, after all we live in recently conquered a society.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote

D B E

You always need to debrief after a mission.

As for the peasant leaders, Anabas is most definitely our city but the rumbler is our home. The peasant leaders can run the place on our belalf, they are free to live their lives under our protection. In return we get a generous cut of any profits made in the city, as well as a nice place to go for r&r/ destination for any crew members tough enough to reach retirement age. The only other condition is that they not let themselves get soft like their former masters.

Finally we have to meet the new guys,an operation like ours is always on the lookout for new talent.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
B. I'm bored now. Rule your new city however you want but don't turn it into what it was or I'll blow it up again. Also give me stuff and I'll make sure noone else tries to gently caress with you. Protectorate or whatever.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
D and E. Looting can wait until we've all calmed down a little.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

##vote
D then B then E

Check to see if any of the Automata can be repaired to functionality, scavenging others for parts if need be. Scour those among the nobility and peasantry for able, loyal and capable people to replenish and swell our ranks, putting those least trustworthy closer to us for now. Lets make a show trial of the nobility to satiate the peasantry and new "allies", both to bolster the relationship, promote a reputation to proceed us and basically loot the city with consent.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. B;E;D;F

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

B - The wonder twins will show up before too long, let THEM come to US whilst we attend to our business.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
We're such a badass :neckbeard:

##vote
1. D B E; D, B, E

(if anyone's wondering, that gets parsed as favoring "D B E" but accepting "D", "B", or "E" as second-best)

Protectorate plan as per Outrail's summary is my general idea as well, though probably not in those exact dismissive words.

the_steve posted:

B - The wonder twins will show up before too long, let THEM come to US whilst we attend to our business.
I feel like the more assertive thing is to make them come at our call. Plus, they might try to sneak off, if they were e.g. just using us to flee the city and the city is now eminently fleeable.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ralith posted:

I feel like the more assertive thing is to make them come at our call. Plus, they might try to sneak off, if they were e.g. just using us to flee the city and the city is now eminently fleeable.

That's a good point, but I still feel the opposite is also true: I think it's more of a power play on our part to deliberately not go after them, and act like they're not at the top of our priority list.
"Oh yeah, I'll deal with them when I get to them."

Honestly could go either way, I think.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

##vote
1. E

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
##vote
1. EDB;E,D,B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
WHATEVER WE DO AFTER! First, give Zap the down and dirty, blow by blow. Do we have cameras? Did they catch our badass move?

• Locked thread