Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
Being smart isn't cool. There's a difference between being smart and having the practical skills to start fire with friction, and to make clothes from animal or human skin, and to make primitive weapons using stone tools. But all of this academic advancement (linguistics, mathematics, and "sciences") is nothing but a trick that has been played on the most vulnerable members of society. What's unfortunate is that so many young people nowadays are so desperate to demonstrate how "intelligent" they are. We hear them using words like "dismissively" or "idiosyncratic" or "panacea," and speaking with these modern, gender-neutral, accent-neutral nasally voices.

These poor young people have spent so much time trying to look and sound intelligent that they have become queer, embarrassingly so, to the point where they cannot even engage in close-range eye contact for longer than a few seconds without beginning to sweat profusely and stutter their mumbled words. In spending the majority of their time trying to memorize words and other forms of academic information they've neglected the physical. They're so clumsy that it seems merely stepping in to their "comfort" zone causes them to lose balance and fall over over like a tipped cow. Has anyone else noticed how exceptionally poor balance is in young people? It's as if they're always dizzy and are constantly having to keep themselves from tipping over just when walking or standing still. Perhaps it's genetic. They often don't even know where they are, or what they're doing; they're just very confused in general. Young people today simply aren't straight, they're all over the place.

And all said and done, most of them sorely lack skills. They aren't smart either, they're only capable of memorizing things, hardly ever understanding them. So what do young educated people have? Nothing. What can they offer? Nothing. How much balance do they possess? Little, if any.

Trying to make these young intellectuals aware of their condition is something that will almost never work. Their civilized captors have installed within them a neurological "password" and if you don't have the correct "password" it's effectively impossible to access their delicate nervous system through speech alone. Never before has this kind of programming been possible. It wouldn't be possible without YouTube, I know that much.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
i, too, am gay.

wiley e. sheep
Feb 15, 2016

by zen death robot
millennials are retarded, more at 11

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Social media has made way too many people functionally illiterate, thats for sure. The whole thing is one giant and ultimately unnecessary risk of overexposure for the faint reward of a digital thumbs up or smiley face.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im so loving sleepy i dont want to go to work

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

wiley e. sheep posted:

millennials are retarded, more at 11

youre retarded?

Moltke
May 13, 2009

hampton posted:

Young people today simply aren't straight

thanks OP for warning us about the gay agenda

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hi im an idiot

SomePacifist
Sep 4, 2009
I support your stance on teaching tanning human hides in public schools OP. Not until like 4th grade though. It takes some advanced motor skills.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
make "millenials" and "hth" permaban on sight

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
when you read my reply, your jaw will drop....

*falls over*

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
dad gay's millenial threads are so much more pithy

loving millenials can't even own millenials right anymore lmao

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

hampton posted:

There's a difference between being smart and having the practical skills to make clothes from human skin

um

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

never goes out of fashion

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
OP obviously knows nothing about shamanism in primitive tribes ... gender fluidity, otherkin traits

Privileged oval office

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

chippy posted:

i, too, am gay.

Woah this is some next level meta poo poo right here.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
lol alright "old man"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i have noticed that young ppl, like 5 or younger, have absolutely no awareness of their physical surroundings. any time you're in the same 10 or 20 feet of them, they will almost invariably walk straight into you without a clue. then you have to maneuver around them bc flooring a 5 year old stranger with your shin is a surefire way to get screamed at in public.

wiley e. sheep
Feb 15, 2016

by zen death robot

Mapparu posted:

youre retarded?

and gay

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

nomadologique posted:

i have noticed that young ppl, like 5 or younger, have absolutely no awareness of their physical surroundings. any time you're in the same 10 or 20 feet of them, they will almost invariably walk straight into you without a clue. then you have to maneuver around them bc flooring a 5 year old stranger with your shin is a surefire way to get screamed at in public.

I also have no awareness of my surroundings, but I have been high on the Devil's Lettuce for longer than human memory

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

backlash_retaliation.txt

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Older generation shits on newer generation Oh wow that's never happened before

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
i busted my rear end in high school; As and Bs in as many AP and honors classes as I could take (except calc because I already knew I wasn't doing STEM because half my fam were lawyers so of course I was law school bound!), varsity debate team, varsity football team (with 2 div 1 CIF championships), tons of community service hours, etc.

Didn't make it into the school I wanted because that year the UCs had some ridiculous unprecedented number of applications. Made it into a UC still but I hated the school and ended up dropping out to work for a couple years before finally going back to school.

What I *should* have done is totally hosed off in high school and done more drugs and women and parties and not dealt with the stress of doing well academically (and my god the hours of homework wasted...) then gone to the local community college and done their guaranteed transfer to UCLA or UCSD program.

Being smart.... is stupid. Learn because you like learning but this poo poo where kids are killing themselves to get a worthless degree is retarded.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

FishionMailed posted:

this poo poo where kids are killing themselves to get a worthless degree is retarded.

You mean it's hilarious

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

nomadologique posted:

Does this happen to you a lot? :crossarms:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Don Tacorleone posted:

You mean it's hilarious

It can be both.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

I've only heard panacea spoken once but it was in that goonmade Sanders video which is cool and good

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Skeleton Ape posted:

Does this happen to you a lot? :crossarms:

i wouldn't say a lot, but i tend to notice it when it does, because it is so striking to me. general awareness must not develop until a little later than that. it happened recently, at the airport, and it's happened other times too.

BUT I THINK I KNOW WHAT YOURE SAYING BUB IAND I DONT LIKE IT.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

have you notice if you lasso a millennial they don't even resist? like their brain just shuts down and they fall asleep? the indians woulda whupped this generation and sent em scurrying back across the pond

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
yeah some people just never get good situational awareness and it has nothing to do with millennials

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

have you notice if you lasso a millennial they don't even resist? like their brain just shuts down and they fall asleep? the indians woulda whupped this generation and sent em scurrying back across the pond

the fainting goats generation

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

FishionMailed posted:

yeah some people just never get good situational awareness and it has nothing to do with millennials

did you see where i said "5 year olds" ?

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
yeah we're hosed

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

nomadologique posted:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

nomadologique posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

glass houses, OP

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FishionMailed posted:

Learn because you like learning but this poo poo where kids are killing themselves to get a worthless degree is retarded.
okay so either millennials complain about the workload and get made fun of for being weak-willed, or they take the workload and get made fun of for destroying themselves for a piece of paper

which is it?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
God drat you're just unhinged aren't ya?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

glass houses are really in right now, but just wait 5 years and watch the bubble burst lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

or should i say

SHATTER

LMAOP

• Locked thread