Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
All good things must come to an end, huh? Thanks for the LP! I never heard of this game, except maybe hearing My Pride once (I seen to remember hearing it before the LP).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

GamesAreSupernice posted:

The last video. Thank you all for watching.

I considered analyzing all the characters individually, but I simply don't have enough to say about each of them, and it would do a disservice to pretend I did instead of realizing my limits.

Ah, thanks! I had a ton of fun watching. I'll have to take a rain check on covering the rest of the soundtrack though, computer problems and I'm super busy this weekend.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Well, since it's over, if nobody minds, I looked up the cast out of curiosity earlier in the LP, and the remaining characters are just a generic Gargoyle and the DLC character. Gargoyle is basically Garuda but with the wind turbines replaced with a ranged energy weapon, which apparently changes the playstyle a bit, but feels to me more like Platinum filling in an additional Heavy character without too much effort. It's an unlockable character requiring some stuff, which is also a little different. The DLC character is, to nobody's surprise I'd imagine, Hideki Kamiya's favorite person, Bayonetta, and she reportedly plays similarly to her native games, with some tweaks to better fit into Anarchy Reigns.

Anyway, thanks for LPing this, your many LPs have given me a look into a lot of interesting games recently, and I'm glad I finally caught one in progress, and the sort-of sequel to one of my favorite Wii titles, no less.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Love the Durga boss fight for hard mode. The ai doesn't cheat, but it sure comes close to it with how fast it can react. I can't believe you actually beat him with Big Bull. It just killed his ai.

PBnJamo fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 11, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

PBnJamo posted:

I was really hoping you were gonna show the Durga boss fight for Hard mode.

I did, didn't I? Or were you saying I fulfilled your expectations?

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
I'm just posting too quickly, but yes you did. I'm just seriously impressed with your use of Big Bull. I never liked him since it seemed like his range was so small.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Short but sweet game, and a drat good LP to boot. Cheers!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

PBnJamo posted:

I'm just posting too quickly, but yes you did. I'm just seriously impressed with your use of Big Bull. I never liked him since it seemed like his range was so small.

Big Bull is useful in multiplayer if people aren't used to seeing him. His durability is especially helpful for one-on-one fights, where you can invade the enemy's space with forward dodges.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for showing this game off. I'd love to write up posts and posts, but I don't think people want impenetrable walls of text and it's been two years since I've had a 360 to play this game in, so my knowledge is probably off in certain spots. With that, I'm glad there are some people who still think this game is pretty cool and good and my unobtainable wish is for a re-release on Steam with not-rear end netcode.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
So no Durga, Garuda, Gargoyle, Bayonetta, Dogfight, Mad Survival or the multiplayer perks, one of which significantly changes Baron's gameplay?

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 11, 2016

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

PBnJamo posted:

Since you were playing Douglas for the Battle Royale, I'll be a bit more specific. If you pop an enemy up into the air with a heavy attack, you can do your three light weapon attacks on them. This does about 60% by itself. The heavy grab is performed by holding grab and your dude assumes a stance. Just like the charged attacks, but faster. Of course, you probably noticed how hard it was for people to just kill you too. Definitely the benefit for using a heavy.

Small note on free roam. Reaching 1000 kills in each area unlocks a perk per area for multiplayer. It's an alternative to unlocking some that you'd otherwise get by leveling up in multi. You probably covered how you can farm items by reaching 100, 200 kills and so on. You can do this in story free roam too. Helped a hell of a lot for hard mode.

Deathball is really cool mode that I ended up playing a lot while I could. As you can tell, there's a football type set up going on, but since you can kill rather freely you can play defense or offense and so on. That's straightforward, what was cool was every character had a special kick they could do to the ball. Depending on the character, it'd go a different speed, have a different power behind it, and have a different element. Speed made it hard for players to just catch it. Power means you had to have a big enough character to catch it. Element meant only certain characters could catch it. It's why the little rampage icon was changed for certain characters. That was their element, Jack is Fire, Leo is Ice, and so on. Also speaking of rampage, that'd let any character catch anything, unless it was element fueled or the kick was rampaging too. Not to mention rampage would let a character just run into the goal unless you had a counter rampage. And so on. You actually stepped on one of the major balance things with Oinkie. Not only is he fast, he was the only dude with poison element in the game. You had to counter pick him with his opposing element (lighting?) in order to stop his shots at all.

Only got to play this mode for about a week before the servers dried up. However, you can tell how it had some good thought behind it.

Bayonetta also has the poison element: also, heavy characters have different supershots that can't be blocked at all but they only go forward a limited distance and you can thus waste both the shot and the scoring opportunity if you use one too far away.

As for the rampage icons, they always reflect that character's element, but it doesn't come into play unless you play a multiplayer mode with levels enabled: if you get enough kills in a row, you can level up to 3, which gives you more Killer Weapon bar and max health and also gives you the ability to inflict status effects that reflect to that element with your attacks: Fire and Poison do damage over time, Ice freezes and Thunder stuns.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 11, 2016

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

AnotherGamer posted:

So no Durga, Garuda, Gargoyle, Bayonetta, Dogfight, Mad Survival or the multiplayer perks, one of which significantly changes Baron's gameplay?

Durga and Garuda were shown off in the Survival Mode video, between episodes 6 and 7.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I showed the game off as much as I was comfortable with. It was my original intention to just showcase the single-player, but I figured the rest of the game deserved some attention as well. Consider the non-Story videos as bonuses, rather than an attempt to cover every nuance of the game in its entirety.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Well, I definitely enjoyed this. I always meant to go back and get all platinum ranks on everything at some point, and this has motivated me to do so.

And before you ask, no, it hasn't motivated me to do the Let's Play of Guardians of the Hood yet. I will one day though.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Hoss Corncave posted:

Well, I definitely enjoyed this. I always meant to go back and get all platinum ranks on everything at some point, and this has motivated me to do so.

And before you ask, no, it hasn't motivated me to do the Let's Play of Guardians of the Hood yet. I will one day though.

I actually forgot that you promised to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I actually forgot that you promised to do that.

drat it. Shouldn't have opened my mouth... well, moved my fingers. You know what I mean.

As long as I eventually do it, I won't have broken my promise.

• Locked thread