Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Never even played the game, but I spent over a year driving to the soundtrack near-exclusively. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I'm liking the goofiness.

Especially the robot bartender doing the passive-aggressive action-flipoff.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Anarchy Reigns: A few strong men, a sea of dipshits, and perverts

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I'm very surprised to see that a helicopter saw has already been put into a game. Slightly less surprised that it's Platinum that did it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Samovar posted:

What was Ai Rin saying (in what I can only assume was Mandarin?)

GamesAreSupernice posted:

"Jie jie" basically means "older sister", I think.

"Shi a" just means yes. The a doesn't mean anything I think.

Let's just say "zui hao" means "hell yes".
To add to this and break apart all of the Mandarin peppered in Fei Rin and Ai Rin's dialogue,
"Ayaa" - an exclamation that can be modified by context. I want to say usually some form of surprise but I'm not entirely sure what to make of it here.
"Jie jie" - "older sister" is correct
"Shi a" - mirrors "Really?" at the end of the same line. "Shi" is "yes" or "is", and the "a" then modifies it into a question
"Zou ba" - "go" or "do it" in this context, seems like a weird use to me. Can also be used as "fine, leave" but not the case here. "Zou" is "walk".
"Zui hao" - "hell yes" is perfect here. "Zui" is "most" and "hao" is "good" or "yes". Gough's "veeeeery goooood" fits too.
"Ayaaaaaa" - Hey, it's that exclamation again. Frustration this time.
"Women zou ba" - "We're leaving" or "let's go (away)". "Wo men" is "us" or "we", "zou" is "walk" again.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I already knew there was a cyborg ninja in this, and elemental powers are common enough. Fighting cars that charge and spin at you, however, that I was not expecting. Is this in fact the Platinum Everygame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Buried alive posted:

If you mean whether or not this is a typical Platinum game experience..yes, it absolutely is. Everything is polished to a sheen. Even the dumb/goofy stuff is highly polished dumb/goofy stuff.
I mean in the half-joking sense of every Platinum game being represented within it, even future ones - it just occured to me that there's literally a furry on a fighter plane, along with fighting mutant reptiles.

Agreed on that Platinum shine, though.

• Locked thread