Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I was really excited for this game after playing MadWorld back when, but then news about it kind of petered out. To be honest, without the commentary from Greg Proops and John DiMaggio, it feels a little less awesome, but it still looks rad as hell and distinctly Platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Big Bull has the best throw in the game. Also, glad they kept something from MadWorld with the signs, I was kinda bummed when the exploding barrel wasn't first slammed over some dude's head, stuffing him inside before throwing it.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Samovar posted:

Beer Street is the best street.

But nobody walks on Beer Street.

Everyone hops. :buddy:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

dasmause posted:

I played this game, but only beaten White Side, because I tried playing as Big Bull after Leo and got wrecked, and then got distracted by other games or something.
So because of that I didn't know that apparently they changed Baron's name from "Blacker Baron"? I mean I guess it makes sense, especially considering the origins of the name.

Also those russian accents. Oh they're so bad. Classic

Oh, he's still Blacker Baron (stop starin'), it's embroidered on the back of his jacket. They just call him Baron in dialog, I assume, because nobody but the Baron himself is willing to call him by that ridiculous moniker.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Here's the multiplayer Survival Mode

I just checked, and am very sad that Cybrid Bar Bot isn't playable.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

This has been really cool, though I hope you'll go in-depth on the two or three (depending on if you have DLC or not) characters that haven't been shown off yet, the way you have the rest of the cast (sans Zero, but I doubt Deathball is really the place to show off what Zero can do in player hands). I enjoy that sort of analysis, even if I'm probably never gonna play the game.

EDIT: Oh hey lookit that a new video, your diligence is astounding.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Well, since it's over, if nobody minds, I looked up the cast out of curiosity earlier in the LP, and the remaining characters are just a generic Gargoyle and the DLC character. Gargoyle is basically Garuda but with the wind turbines replaced with a ranged energy weapon, which apparently changes the playstyle a bit, but feels to me more like Platinum filling in an additional Heavy character without too much effort. It's an unlockable character requiring some stuff, which is also a little different. The DLC character is, to nobody's surprise I'd imagine, Hideki Kamiya's favorite person, Bayonetta, and she reportedly plays similarly to her native games, with some tweaks to better fit into Anarchy Reigns.

Anyway, thanks for LPing this, your many LPs have given me a look into a lot of interesting games recently, and I'm glad I finally caught one in progress, and the sort-of sequel to one of my favorite Wii titles, no less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

AnotherGamer posted:

So no Durga, Garuda, Gargoyle, Bayonetta, Dogfight, Mad Survival or the multiplayer perks, one of which significantly changes Baron's gameplay?

Durga and Garuda were shown off in the Survival Mode video, between episodes 6 and 7.

• Locked thread