Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Douglas ended up being my character of choice in the multiplayer. For a heavy, he ended up being a lot more straightforward and faster, similar to Jack. Pretty much a heavy medium. So it wasn't that hard to combo into using the weapon attacks and they did a lot of damage. He also has the great grab like Big Bull and other heavies have.

Gotta love the pile bunker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Since you were playing Douglas for the Battle Royale, I'll be a bit more specific. If you pop an enemy up into the air with a heavy attack, you can do your three light weapon attacks on them. This does about 60% by itself. The heavy grab is performed by holding grab and your dude assumes a stance. Just like the charged attacks, but faster. Of course, you probably noticed how hard it was for people to just kill you too. Definitely the benefit for using a heavy.

Small note on free roam. Reaching 1000 kills in each area unlocks a perk per area for multiplayer. It's an alternative to unlocking some that you'd otherwise get by leveling up in multi. You probably covered how you can farm items by reaching 100, 200 kills and so on. You can do this in story free roam too. Helped a hell of a lot for hard mode.

Deathball is really cool mode that I ended up playing a lot while I could. As you can tell, there's a football type set up going on, but since you can kill rather freely you can play defense or offense and so on. That's straightforward, what was cool was every character had a special kick they could do to the ball. Depending on the character, it'd go a different speed, have a different power behind it, and have a different element. Speed made it hard for players to just catch it. Power means you had to have a big enough character to catch it. Element meant only certain characters could catch it. It's why the little rampage icon was changed for certain characters. That was their element, Jack is Fire, Leo is Ice, and so on. Also speaking of rampage, that'd let any character catch anything, unless it was element fueled or the kick was rampaging too. Not to mention rampage would let a character just run into the goal unless you had a counter rampage. And so on. You actually stepped on one of the major balance things with Oinkie. Not only is he fast, he was the only dude with poison element in the game. You had to counter pick him with his opposing element (lighting?) in order to stop his shots at all.

Only got to play this mode for about a week before the servers dried up. However, you can tell how it had some good thought behind it.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Love the Durga boss fight for hard mode. The ai doesn't cheat, but it sure comes close to it with how fast it can react. I can't believe you actually beat him with Big Bull. It just killed his ai.

PBnJamo fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 11, 2016

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
I'm just posting too quickly, but yes you did. I'm just seriously impressed with your use of Big Bull. I never liked him since it seemed like his range was so small.

• Locked thread