Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

If we're going along with this theory HHH has had Vince's ear since the 90's and is even responsible for the Montreal Screwjob is it that much of a stretch to think he couldn't convince him even half of this was a good idea

Yes because think about every story we've ever heard about Vince McMahon.

Also who is this we, I don't necessarily believe that, at least not to the extent you're making it sound.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, I am in no way implying (nor do I think Alain is) that HHH is responsible for Reigns' reaction or booking

But he is clearly taking advantage of, and the only one benefiting from, it, and it is really hard to comprehend someone not seeing it while simultaneously knowing even a thing about both the business and HHH's history in it

Okay then we're talking different things. I'd 100% buy HHH is loving this poo poo but I don't think he engineered it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mkay0 posted:

Also the theory isn't 'HHH blatantly sabotages Roman's chances with Vince's approval' it's HHH doing sly poo poo here and there.

There are a lot of theories, my favorite theory is HHH trying to position himself as the savior of wrestling to smart fans.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
WWE can't think of more than like 3 black wrestlers so they just posted a picture of Halle Barry tonight. lol

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also who is this we, I don't necessarily believe that, at least not to the extent you're making it sound.
the collective we for the purposes of discussion

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

There are a lot of theories, my favorite theory is HHH trying to position himself as the savior of wrestling to smart fans.

If he actually creates a product good enough to warrant that rep I could not give a gently caress less about his motivations.

See also: I'm not gonna poo poo on WWE's charity work because of that Steph tweet, etc.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

oatgan posted:

If we're going along with this theory HHH has had Vince's ear since the 90's and is even responsible for the Montreal Screwjob is it that much of a stretch to think he couldn't convince him even half of this was a good idea

on the other hand they had roman beat brock lesnar and dean ambrose to a wave of apathy, even big H walked out.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Shane's nipples are hard

http://youtu.be/U5LVb3UtD3Q

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hace posted:

on the other hand they had roman beat brock lesnar and dean ambrose to a wave of apathy, even big H walked out.

And then he tweeted a picture of him with Nakamura, establishing himself again as the hot alternative to the stale WWE product. The connections are there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

WWE can't think of more than like 3 black wrestlers so they just posted a picture of Halle Barry tonight. lol

And it's a leap year, so they still have one more Raw to do this for. Who will they use next week, maybe Kanye

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Have they used Floyd yet

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5LVb3UtD3Q

"my nipples are hard" - shane mcmahon 2016

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I missed Raw and have only gone back to watch the first and last segments so far, but it's enough for a solid thumbs up from me.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

The Landstander posted:

I missed Raw and have only gone back to watch the first and last segments so far, but it's enough for a solid thumbs up from me.

Everything else can be skipped

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Landstander posted:

The Dean/Brock stuff was also fukken great IMHO

theultimo posted:

Wrong, watch the whole Brock segment.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
#bringbackwcwshane

http://youtu.be/b3CYmgt-kc8

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

theultimo posted:

Even thought the 6 man tag was ultimately worthless Neville doing the 450 off of the apron only to have kalisto do a 450 off of Neville was awesome.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Shane McMahon's knees still work so he should have no problem defeating The Undertaker at WrestleMania. That may just be his Dunks, however.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine what Reigns' career would look like if he didn't stop politicking when the Shield broke up because of upper management politicking

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Remember Steve Austin shooting on Steve o Mac

http://youtu.be/q54fRWVpZ2k

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

hhh should stop using that king of kings song it's bad

the game is way better

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I also enjoyed Shane basically bringing in Crusader Kings II and that WWE has had Agnatic Gavelkind succession all along, so he and his MALE children are the rightful heirs to the throne.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Spermgod posted:

Remember when people thought HHH had changed and wasn't interested in putting himself over the rest of the roster any more?

It's OK in this case because it's extremely funny to me

HHH puts over Daniel Bryan at Mania in a ridiculously hot program, gets cheered rapturously two years later for beating down the guy they've had earmarked as the next Cena since FCW. Amazing.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
For those who missed the best part of raw this year

http://youtu.be/PzDP3ltd8tA

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

I kept waiting for a New Day/League of Nations physical interaction that officially turned ND face, but why did I expect continuity? Also no Kevin Owens. Shameful.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Do you think that the new days Wrestlemania entrance will involve them riding unicorns?

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 23, 2016

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Dean/Brock stuff was also fukken great IMHO

Wrong, watch the whole Brock segment.

You are correct, that was good too!

I am more excited for Mania now honestly. Shane/Taker is so bizarre but it's gonna be cool and I really can't think of anyone that would be better. Also I agree with the Triple H 5-dimensional chess conspiracy theory, except I've been actively rooting for Roman's failure for a year+ so the concept is more awesome than objectionable, to me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's OK in this case because it's extremely funny to me

HHH puts over Daniel Bryan at Mania in a ridiculously hot program, gets cheered rapturously two years later for beating down the guy they've had earmarked as the next Cena since FCW. Amazing.

:agreed:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
:laugh: Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2016/02/22/shane-mcmahons-return-marred-by-shocking-match-against-the-undertaker/#7f5bb43c2d4b

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Seems weird that KO had no role tonight and while Y2AJ was neat, I sure hope that was a one-off.

I'm fine with a ridiculous Shane/Undertaker match, but the stipulation seems to guarantee that Shane wins - and even though Shane is well-loved, him pinning Undertaker at WM does not strike me as a way to keep the fans on his side.

Roman could be salvaged by coming back in a week or two and beating down HHH into an even bloodier mess, I think, but I doubt that's the direction WWE will go.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

GrimGypsy posted:

Seems weird that KO had no role tonight and while Y2AJ was neat, I sure hope that was a one-off.

I'm fine with a ridiculous Shane/Undertaker match, but the stipulation seems to guarantee that Shane wins - and even though Shane is well-loved, him pinning Undertaker at WM does not strike me as a way to keep the fans on his side.

Roman could be salvaged by coming back in a week or two and beating down HHH into an even bloodier mess, I think, but I doubt that's the direction WWE will go.

There is no way for Roman to be salvaged at least on Live TV shows.

Might have to keep that dude only on Smackdowns because

Julio Cruz posted:

The crowds are only gonna get worse for Roman too. The last 4 Raws before Mania are Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly and Brooklyn :laffo:

This dude is going to get eaten the gently caress alive.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder if they even know what they're doing with the New Day for WM. They're the champs, but they're not really feuding with anyone right now, and the only two tag teams I can think of that could challenge for their titles at WM are currently feuding with each other.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The only way to salvage Roman is for him to turn heel by winning the title with a fingerpoke

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The way to salvage Roman is to have him win at Wrestlemania clean and actually commit to the guy instead of flip-flopping on what the gently caress they want from him like they have seemingly every week since he came back from injury in 2014.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if they even know what they're doing with the New Day for WM. They're the champs, but they're not really feuding with anyone right now, and the only two tag teams I can think of that could challenge for their titles at WM are currently feuding with each other.

I hope they do a winner take all match with the Lucha Dragon's.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Corporate Roman would own so hard. There's even a ready-made feud with babyface returning Seth when he returns.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Chris James 2 posted:

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

* Brock attacked Ambrose in the parking lot 2 hours before the show
* Raw opens with Vince giving his dumb award to his idiotic daughter, and his doofus son in law interrWHAAAAAA???? Holy poo poo. Shane's back. And he insults Steph! And he wants control of Raw! And Vince will give it to him if he beats Taker in Hell in a Cell at Mania! Holy poo poo!!!
* You can just go ahead and stop reading here. It was always going to be hard to follow that.
* New Day defeats Lucha Dragons and Neville; Kofi pins Cara.
* Heyman cuts a promo interrupted by Ambrose returning in an ambulance, so Brock destroys him again. No holds barred street fight at Mania.

dfundfivhsbdivhnssiucnsdih :argh: :negative: I skipped watching and went to the results because last night sucked so bad and they goddamned motherfuckingbfbhdibdhd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

The way to salvage Roman is to have him win at Wrestlemania clean and actually commit to the guy instead of flip-flopping on what the gently caress they want from him like they have seemingly every week since he came back from injury in 2014.

Yeah. Honestly if he's going to sink or if he's going to swim, it no longer matters if you don't actually go through with something at this point. And you can't take the chance on getting another indy scrub killed, we've already lost one for good and another for 4 more months because you keep refusing to make a decision either way. Pushing it off isn't helpful, temporarily replacing it is ruining people's careers. Either do it now, or never do it, but you have to make the call by Mania this time and you can't go back on it.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Rhonne posted:

3 Team TLC

Trombones, Ladders and Chairs

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chris James 2 posted:

mah god, it's real :stare:

Undertaker gets destroyed after a Goldberg spear through the cage followed by a Jackhammer.

Afterwards, Roman Reigns hands Shane a Snickers. He gets a little intense when he's hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah. Honestly if he's going to sink or if he's going to swim, it no longer matters if you don't actually go through with something at this point. And you can't take the chance on getting another indy scrub killed, we've already lost one for good and another for 4 more months because you keep refusing to make a decision either way. Pushing it off isn't helpful, temporarily replacing it is ruining people's careers. Either do it now, or never do it, but you have to make the call by Mania this time and you can't go back on it.

If he doesn't win, he's Lex Luger post-Yokozuna, and nobody is going to believe in him as a top guy ever, even if he does get over.

• Locked thread