Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

drat, Shane o Mac is back and my interest in raw sky rockets. Awesome.
i'm not interested enough to watch next week, but i am paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
well at least triple hhh got himself really loving over #takeitbreakit

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

well at least triple hhh got himself really loving over #takeitbreakit

the cerebrame assasskicker

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I'm not even sure what you could do to really fix the Wyatts at this point, other than maybe breaking them up and giving Luke Harper a big push.

Maybe a face turn?

You could give them achievable goals

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I only have one question. What the gently caress is in Shane McMahon's mysterious lockbox? Vince's stip was that if Taker wins, he gets into this "lockbox" that Shane has that apparently contains something important to Vince...? I didn't really follow that part, it was really quick.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
If this somehow leads to the return of the Mean Street Posse I'm all for it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Vince's phylactery containing his bound soul is in the lockbox.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

Vince's phylactery containing his bound soul is in the lockbox.

Inside is either the Knockouts Title, the opportunity to make any match of your choosing, a tarantula, or being forced to striptease.

Vince really wants to force Stephanie to strip for him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I only have one question. What the gently caress is in Shane McMahon's mysterious lockbox? Vince's stip was that if Taker wins, he gets into this "lockbox" that Shane has that apparently contains something important to Vince...? I didn't really follow that part, it was really quick.

a return to turn of the millennium feuding mcmahons storylines brings a return to turn of the millennium lockbox memes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
HHH getting massive cheers as he slams Roman's face into the table was the hardest I've laughed all month.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Rhonne posted:

I'm not even sure what you could do to really fix the Wyatts at this point, other than maybe breaking them up and giving Luke Harper a big push.

Maybe a face turn?

I don't think you CAN fix the Wyatts, to be honest. They've been run straight into the loving ground in an absolutely profound way. I think your only hope would be taking them off TV for awhile, make just enough space for the overexposure to fade, then hit the reset button by having them just debut the way they did in the first place--this scary, chaotic group that wrecks people, disrupts the show and is seemingly unstoppable--so instead of them being a 10-minute Bray promo and a match they're probably going to lose, it's just giant scary swamp hillbillies loving everyone up, and the less time they spend explaining things and adding nuance, the better. Don't let Bray give a speech until he kills a main eventer.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Rhonne posted:

Maybe a face turn?

WWE can turn around heels anytime they want, from the last five years they already have pretty good templates to work with in the Shield and Mark Henry's Hall of Pain WHC run. Just have the group actually run roughshod over faces and actually give Bray a WWE title run and have him convert another person or two into the stable.

It's making faces the audience collectively wants to cheer for that''s been the problem.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I only have one question. What the gently caress is in Shane McMahon's mysterious lockbox?

Sweet DOTA hats.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SHOEPLEX CITY, BITCH

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Wyatts loving suck and I don't ever want to see them on my TV again

Except for Harper, he can stay

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/702030319168397312

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Joke's on you, Roman! That was a vial of Cowboy Bob Orton's blood!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
That does explain a lot. The commentary acknowledged the blood which they only do when it's intended, but it seemed crazy for them to try to give a guy a hardway nosebleed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Byron Saxton handed Roman Reigns a blood capsule after the face smashes into the announce table.

Edit:

Yeah kind of explains how his hands got so drat bloody before HHH punched his face in. The blood looked a bit off colorwise too.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I didn't watch this live but the highlights of the HHH beating is on YouTube and the crowd reactions are pretty much in tact, surprisingly. Although I don't know if they could have edited anything out successfully. The reaction to the fist-cock crotch-chop was awesome. I can't believe I seriously just typed that previous sentence.

Ninja Edit: Link because I'm an idiot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lDeqh261nQ

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

it was a bad old man metaphor for saying he has to stop holding the money over his head like some sort of black mail.

My goofy theory is that Shane McMahon said "Huuuuge mistake" like Donald Trump normally does because he hinted that Shane used his money to help buy back Raw/WWE from Trump after Vince sold it originally. Which leads to this whole "I've secretly been running things in the background this whole time."

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 23, 2016

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Now I wish there was a real lockbox involved.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

top babyface The Asskicker, The Cerebral Assassin, The King of Kings, The Game, Terra Ryzing, Triple H, HHH. Haitch, Hunter Hearst Helmsley

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Foochs, just wanted to say you were right about the Lesnar/Ambrose No DQ thing: In a straight match, I wouldn't buy Ambrose winning, but now I would.

Also I don't see how that's distinctly a blood capsule and not a blade. It even looks like Roman's blading as he's against the table.

Alain Post posted:

I'm never saying anything mean about Rovert again.
Alain Don't Post

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I can't imagine blading anywhere around the nose would produce that much blood that quickly. It also just seems like a really weird thing to do.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Foochs, just wanted to say you were right about the Lesnar/Ambrose No DQ thing: In a straight match, I wouldn't buy Ambrose winning, but now I would.

Also I don't see how that's distinctly a blood capsule and not a blade. It even looks like Roman's blading as he's against the table.

Alain Don't Post

Roman didn't blade his mouth/nose which is where the blood is at when pulled off the announce table.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Critical posted:

I didn't watch this live but the highlights of the HHH beating is on YouTube and the crowd reactions are pretty much in tact, surprisingly. Although I don't know if they could have edited anything out successfully. The reaction to the fist-cock crotch-chop was awesome. I can't believe I seriously just typed that previous sentence.

Ninja Edit: Link because I'm an idiot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lDeqh261nQ

lmao did 46 year old triple hhh really straight up wreck roman in a fight without any help or foul play

hell, i'd cheer for him too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

#TeamAlain #LineInTheSand #Evolution

Ostentatious posted:

top babyface The Asskicker, The Cerebral Assassin, The King of Kings, The Game, Terra Ryzing, Triple H, HHH. Haitch, Hunter Hearst Helmsley

The Main Event, The Icon, The Legend, Future Hall of Famer, Executive VP of Talent, Cool Rad Selfie Dad, Mr. Shovel, Satan Himself

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

At least Wrestlemania 22 theoretically had the feel good moment with Rey Mysterio after Eddie died.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The lockbox is actually "Laplace's Box," containing an agreement that would turn control of the company over to younger talent in the event that a "Perfect Ten" were to arise.

Clevername Lookhere
Jan 9, 2006

Linda is damaged goods and Shane has the pics to prove it.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Nessus posted:

The lockbox is actually "Laplace's Box," containing an agreement that would turn control of the company over to younger talent in the event that a "Perfect Ten" were to arise.

It's the Lament Configuration. Next year is Taker vs Pinhead.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I googled WWE lockbox assuming there was some joke I wasn't getting and it is mentioned on wwe.com?
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2016-02-22/article/shane-mcmahon-returns-wwe

quote:

To top it off, Shane also demanded control of Monday Night Raw, which his father agreed to … with a catch: Shane must compete in a match of Mr. McMahon’s choosing and surrender a lock box of undisclosed family secrets should he lose. And that match is? Hell in a Cell … at WrestleMania … against The Undertaker.
So, that's... kind of soap opera-y. OTOH soap opera is what I want, so I'm fine with it.

Perhaps it is a paternity test revealing the Finlay thing was a swerve and Hornswoggle is indeed Vince's illegitimate son.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

Thank you! :)

It's the same situation as the Punk/Lesnar feud. Plus it'll make the match better in general.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Scrappy underdog gets even with corporate backed challenger Roman Reigns.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

it's probably just stocks and other legal poo poo

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

lockbox contains some of vince's secret fanfics and animes

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A smaller lockbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Roman's facial injury is used as an excuse by The Authority to rule him unable to compete and remove him from the Wrestlemania booking. Roman, wearing a mask to protect his disfiguring injuries, disappears from TV, but in the weeks leading up to Mania begins to make silent sporadic appearances backstage, ruining company plans and destroying things backstage until he gets what he wants- a full performance of his opera, Don Juan Triumphant.

• Locked thread