Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
When I was younger I tried and tried to play this game, but for whatever reason I was never able to progress past this first area. So I'm really curious to see where this game goes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Keeping ingredients seems like it might be a pain in the rear end, but I can always get behind a game with Ultima-style spellcasting.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The idea of packing a crystal in some primordial mud and winging it at somebody is pretty drat funny.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

So in order to make acid rain, you first mix a handful of ash into a shitload of water. You then throw the mildly dirty water at someone.

Okay, sure.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

No Gravitas posted:

I thought ash is alkaline?

Simply Simon posted:

I'm a chemist and I see no problem with this logic.

(yes, ash is alkaline. Consists of unburnt mineral residues, including carbonates, which are alkaline in aqueous solution)

I'll be damned. Wood ash + water = Lye.

I honestly didn't realize that. Pretty cool!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I'm having a hard time deciding if the mammoth bones are in tar or some sort of poison, or if they're just far enough down to be in perpetual shadow.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Does the game even try to justify that massive stockpile of trade goods in the bottom of the invisible sand whirlpool?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The UI betrays Zach's change before the game shows it off! :argh: Though a magenta poodle is pretty amazing as far as transformations go.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The Exhibit of Oddities is obviously a ripoff, but I'm curious as to just how much of one it is.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I was not disappointed in how fake the sideshow turned out to be! The incidental flavor dialogue from the carny was pretty interesting too. He seemed to know an awful lot about United States geography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are a friggin' machine with these things!

• Locked thread