Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold:-1 Volatile:1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Hallway Conditions:

I must've got a bit distracted there. I kinda zonked out, Still Sophie said something useful "good idea." I said smiling at her. "I mean not the bake sale. But we need to do something visible something to show people that we're fighting." I thought for a minute "it should be something big. Like Rosa Parks sitting down on that bus big or Gandhi and his salt march big." I fluttered nervously "well maybe not quite that big but like a real statement show those jerks at the logging companies that we mean business." we'd have to avoid violence of course that much was obvious otherwise we'd be worse than they were. Besides my mom would go crazy if I got involved in anything like that. "How about we picket one of their offices, show them that the people of this town don't want them here. If they try anything funny it's heartless corporate types picking on students. If they don't well it's still good publicity once people see us actgually doing something." I glanced over at Tatsu who seemed to be fidgeting nervously. "Tatsu you have something to add?" I asked wondering what he was so nervous about did he just not like this sort of thing? or was he worried about my plan? Either way it was being really distracting and I wish he'd knock it off.

[23:57] Ferrosol shut down Tatsu
[23:57] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:57] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10-1 = 9
giving Tatsu the condition fidgety he can give me back whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 Experience: 3/5 Conditions:
Debt: 2

Aww, trouble in paradise? I reach over and ruffle Tatsu's hair. "He-ey, earth to Tatsu, I thought this stuff was right up your street? Sticking it to the man?" I've gotta admit, I'm impressed with Ginny. She's obviously way more than your average slacktivist. Wonder if that's why I'm investigating her? I should probably check what Taylor's said, but I don't want Ginny to tell me off as well, so I turn back to her and keep talking excitedly. Man, it's so easy to get into this!

"Yeah! I'd totally be down for some old-fashioned civil disobedience. Photogenic teens versus corporate suits? You've got your story right there." Of course, there's more than one way to spin that. I should probably check who runs the local paper. "Of course, we'd have to be, like, 100% sure we'd get a sympathetic angle from whoever's telling the story... so yeah, no violence. And, um, probably more than four people... just saying."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: -1 Cold: 2 Volatile: 2 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions: Fidgety

Oh poo poo, Ginny just singled me out. And why the gently caress did Sophie just rub my head? Once she's done talkin' I pipe in. "Stickin' to 'The Man' is my thing yeah, it's the whole non-violent part that's throwin' me off, alright? I got ideas to deal with these logging guys, but there's a big difference in methods there, and I doubt any of ya are real eager to flee from the cops." I pause for a second before I continue in a less... harsh tone, "Sorry if that was kinda snappy, I missed my usual after school smoke. I'm just gonna go get that outta the way right now." I can see Ginny wrinkle her nose and generally look disappointed. "Yeah, yeah I know, it's gonna kill me, heard it before. Spare me the judgement yeah?" Giving Ginny the condition Judgemental.

Once I'm outside I take a minute to hurl into the bushes outside the door. Bye bye 'lunch'. Oh gently caress me. This is really, really bad. Now that I'm kinda on my own I can properly freak the gently caress out! poo poo man, my fuckin' thing just told me 'hey killing your date's sister would be totally fuckin' awesome and you should really, really do it!' and for a second there I... I actually thought about it. I actually thought about it! I can feel myself start to slide down the wall. poo poo I'm crackin' bad, at a really bad time for it. C'mon shitstain, pull it together!

(5:28) ShootaBoy: Hold Steady versus total emotional collapse
(5:28) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(5:28) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 4+2 = 6
(5:28) ShootaBoy: gently caress you dice

Nope, nothin' doin'. Now I'm sittin' here on the ground outside the library, unlit cig in my mouth, cryin' like a fuckin' rear end in a top hat. Go me~.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Tatsuya: You hear a familiar laugh before the sound of a phone camera goes off. "Aww, did someone's girlfriend dump him already?" Looking up, you see it's Kyle. He's doing something else on his phone, and you very quickly realize he's about to send that picture out to his friends. If you don't want it to get out, you're going to have to do something quick. What do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I'm up in a fuckin' flash, and then I've got my hand over Kyle's phone, in between his fingers and the screen. I haven't taken it away and beaten him with it yet 'cause I really wanna be a decent fuckin' human being right now, and killin' Kyle kinda runs counter to that. So he's gettin' a chance. One.

My tone is low, even, and dangerous. "Kyle. Before ya so much as twitch another fuckin' muscle, ya need to listen to me. First, I'm sorry about this morning. I shouldn'ta hit ya like I did. Ya were bein' an rear end and so was I when I clocked ya. Alright? So I really am sorry for that. Second, ya picked the absolute worst time to do what you're doin', and if ya do anything other than delete that picture..." I lean in close, real close, so he can see into my fuckin' soul and know that I'm not lyin'. "I am going to beat ya until ya literally poo poo your own head, or stop breathing."

(6:12) ShootaBoy: Shut Down Kyle
(6:12) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(6:12) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 9+2 = 11
Kyle loses a String on me.

"So which is it gonna be man? Friendly-ish or not?"

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 21, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Tatsuya: Kyle stares back angrily. "Fine," he says. He moves the phone back away from your fingers and taps on it a few times. He shows you the screen.

He didn't delete it. He sent it.

"gently caress you. You aren't sorry at all. And you aren't going to do jack poo poo because I heard the principal got on your rear end about today. Doubt you have any good will left with him. See you, crybaby." He starts moving his wheelchair away. What do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Fucks sake Kyle.

Helpful life tip, always carry a bandanna. A good bandana can be used as a signal flag, or to cover a cut, or even to gag a dead man. Like right now. No shoutin' for you Kyle. "Ya know ya really should have taken that apology man. It was genuine. I even thought about thankin' ya, since it was your little stunt this mornin' that gave us a push." While I'm talkin' to him, I'm also wheeling us towards the bathroom. Turns out its really hard for a guy in a wheelchair to avoid being taken where he doesn't want to go, whouda thunk it? One we're inside, I kick the door shut and dump the sack of poo poo outta his chair. "How's the floor feel rear end in a top hat? I fuckin' tried to be nice! I really did! I gave you an absolute fuckload more patience than I should have. I was really tryin' to change, just a little bit! But I guess that's not fuckin' allowed huh?" gently caress this talking bullshit.

(7:47) ShootaBoy: Lash Out at Kyle
(7:47) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(7:47) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 10+2 = 12
Choosing to deal 2 Harm.

You know what a motorcycle safety course doesn't tell ya? It doesn't tell ya that those gloves with the reinforced plastic caps on the fingers make a drat good set of brass knuckles. It doesn't tell ya that your thick, heavy, and totally solid boots are drat near as good at bustin' heads as a steel toe. Yeah, they never tell ya about that. I had to figure it out on my own. Since Kyle is determined to get into fights, I feel like it's my duty to enlighten him on these and a few other facts. Like the fact that bathrooms are great for fighting. Lots of hard surfaces around to bounce skulls off of. Don't ya just love a crash course?

Sorry Ginny, I tried, but I'm just not good enough.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 21, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2x Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1x
Harm:0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy

I frown as I say, "We're not best friends or anything, but let me think..."

Honestly, she's... sorta got a point. I like Tatsu well enough, but he's a magnet for trouble. Well, the wrong kind of trouble. Virginia's kind of trouble is a lot more respectable.

As I slowly work it out for myself, I say, "I think... if he had someone who had the same sort of interests as him? You know, more bikes and fights, less trees and Mother Earth? He might be more interested in her. Or, honestly? You might just have to wait a little. Virginia looked pretty shook up by the fight this morning, and Tatsu's been throwing down at the drop of hat for a bit. She might just decide he's too violent."

I shrug and add, "But, if you get any ideas about someone better to set him up with, I might lend a hand if I think it's a good fit."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

I've been smoking while I waited, so once Atem finally gets his tail in gear and shows up, I breath out a long cloud of smoke into his face before I do anything else. Then I nod, and start walking home along with him. Once we've got another block away, and turn on him. "Hey Atem." I swing my voice up to as sickly sweet as I can get it, "what the gently caress do you think you were doing to Sophie?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassius: She frowns at hearing your advice. "Yeah I don't know any girls who'd want to go out with him. I don't know though. Ginny seemed okay with overlooking his flaws...well, maybe she'll be more eager to get another date since Tatsu isn't coming to the party." She seems really confident about that. What do you do?

Lamia: Atem looks surprised at first, and then turns patronizing. "Trying to find out what she was doing? She poppped up out of nowhere, clearly spying on us. You don't find that odd? What if she starts trying to spy on you when you're out doing something important? Besides, I overheard Tony talking about how she was butting in on him asking you out to the party so that she could go with you instead. I don't know if you realize this Lamia but humans find the same gender dating each other weird. Trust me, I've been around them long enough to know a thing or two. You're....kind of on the outside, you know what I mean?"

Atem spends his String to give you the condition Outsider

What do you do?

Holding off on other prompts until I know what Ginny/Sophie are doing

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Outsider

"No she wasn't! We were talking right before and then she stuck her head in to ask me a question! It was only spying because you were being a creep!" My objection splutters off a bit as I try to wrap my head around the rest of what he's saying. It takes a moment, but then I start to laugh, he's managed to get like... every single bit of it completely wrong! "She... no, Atem, no, you got that all backwards. She invited me to hang out, as friends, and Tony isn't interested in me, he wants to ask Sophie out, it was really obvious. I guess it would have been better to turn her down so he could have a shot, but I'm supposed to be making friends, you might remember that before you go trying to beat up the first one I do make. Mother and Father aren't going to be happy about that I can tell you!" I might be laying it on a little thick but I'm trying to get the point across and stressing words stops me from starting to hiss it out (literally).

"Look, you're just flat out wrong about this, but if you and your friends leave Sophie alone I won't tell them you're loving up my attempts and getting some connections, okay?"

<godfish> manipulate Atem
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I shrug, "I think that might have been a fluke this morning. It's one thing to give Kyle a lesson in "talk poo poo, get hit" on Virginia's behalf. She probably didn't like it, but she might could excuse it because of the sentiment. But Tatsu really, really likes fighting. Like, he's probably been in more fights in a month than I've been in my life."

When she mentions the party, I frown again, saying, "Oh? Why are you so sure he isn't going? He might be playing it cool, but if Virginia is going, he's gonna at least crash it." Then, I remember, "Oh, by the way, isn't he really good friends with Elliot? I don't know if she's really into him, but it wouldn't hurt to check, right?"

I spare a brief thought for Jason, wondering how he's doing. I almost go to text him, but I figure he's either with Mia and shouldn't be disturbed. Or he struck out, and probably doesn't want to be bothered right now.

It's getting a little dark, so as we head toward the park exit, I put my arm around Sam and then say, "How about we continue this in the Frothy Monkey, that new coffee shop, hm?"

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 22, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: "Yeah, but I specifically asked for a private chat and she decides to poke her head in? And I'm just telling you what I heard Tony say, okay? If your 'friend' tries to spy on us again though I think everyone will support me. But fine, whatever. I guess I could leave her alone for now, but she bit Tyler on the neck really hard. He's not just going to let that go easily you know?" He thinks for a moment. "Well...maybe if I tell him that he can get invited to the party as well if he drops it? Along with Kevin too, he's not going to want to be left out if me and Tyler are going. You can arrange that, right?" What do you do?

Cassius: She looks alarmed when you say Tatsu is going to crash the party. "What? Well, he isn't getting an invite because I was talking to Penny earlier and she doesn't like him either. But if he's going to just loving crash...aaaarrggh!" She seems really angry at him now. "Great. I suppose this removes the chances of the cops not breaking this party up. Maybe I should warn Penny about this." She's taking her phone out right now. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 22, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Sshit." Ah, the hissing is starting anyway. "Its taking me a loving parade of favors just to get you in. I'm not making any promises about them. What did you do to pisss her off anyway?" She bit him on the neck? drat, Sophie's pretty tough!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Oh brother, she REALLY doesn't like Tatsu. Better not get involved. So, I don't interfere with her text, but I will have to mention it to Tatsu later.

Once she's done, I say, "So, how about we talk about something non-Tatsu related?" I chuckle and add, "Starting to feel like a third wheel on my own date"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 3+1/5 Conditions:
Debt: 2

Big surprise, Tatsu wants thinks we should just beat people up. Uh, newsflash, tough guy, the suits have got people they pay to do that. You'd just be playing into their hands. I don't get a chance to tell him that, because he makes some excuse about needing a smoke and ups and leaves. Riiiight. Ginny's got him really worked up, huh? I give her a look when he's out of the room. "Is he... ok?" He's been a little off the whole time, now I think about it... "You know, I'm gonna go... check. On him. Plus, he owes you an apology, so... be right back!" I've always enjoyed playing matchmaker, and I reckon I'll score some points if I can get them to kiss and make up. Though the kissing's probably optional at this stage.

Of course, my good intentions go straight down the chute when I finally find the guy, just in time to see him wheel a protesting Kyle into the bathroom. That is not cool! I mean, Kyle was an rear end in a top hat, but the guy's... disabled! You can't mess with a guy in a wheelchair! If Ginny heard about that... I rush towards the bathroom, but freeze outside the door. Okay, I've already got beaten up once today for sticking my nose into other people's business. And I've got even less reason to push in there than I did with Mia, sooo... yeah. I'm just gonna back away, and maybe I'll find some way to let her know her would-be boyfriend's actually a bit of an rear end in a top hat, but we knew that already -

There's a crash from the bathroom, and Kyle yells, and my stupid god drat instincts push me through the door and oh my God Tatsu's gone loving crazy and there's blood on the floor and -

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 4
Goodbye, Kyle.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Hallway Conditions: Judgemental

"Oh ok." I said politely to Sophie. At least it got her out of my hair. I'm still not a hundred percent certain she's a spy for one of the logging companies but she has been acting weird lately. Although did I really want to leave her and Tatsu alone together? I wasn't worried he'd... you know with her was I. But it's not like I had much choice I could hardly call the meeting short to deal with personal business or it would make me a hypocrite like Claire. I had responsibilities and this was important. Besides I think Tatsu's a real nice guy and he wouldn't do anything too awful behind my back would he. hmm anway back to work. "Spider we need to meet to come up with designs for a placard anyone else have any artistic talents I said glancing around the room. And well if any of you will be free I'd be really grateful if you would come out and protest with me. A one woman protest would look kind of dumb after all." I said smiling at the room. "Bring your friends I'll certainly be trying to rope mine into this. This is our towns future we're talking about." I went on "we'll meet next week and discuss how it went."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: "Then I can't make any promises about them not getting Sophie back." When you ask what he did, he hesitates. "Well, I wanted to make sure she wouldn't snoop around again. So I got the two of them and we confronted her after school. That's all." Are you going to push him furthur on this? You can see your house coming up, there probably isn't too much time to continue this conversation before you have to see what your Aunt wants you two to do. What do you do?

Cassius: She laughs along with you as she puts her phone away. "Sorry. Didn't mean for all this drama to come up. Why don't you grab us some drinks, and I'll make sure this little guy," she ruffles Dog's head, "stays here and is a good boy."

The two of you sit at a table set up outside. Sam takes a quick sip from her drink and then says, "So let's talk about something better like you suggested. How about yourself? I don't think I'd seen you around before, but now you seem to be Mr. Popular. What's your secret?" she says jokingly. What do you do?

Sophie: Tatsu is going to murder Kyle. You know this. He wasn't just wheeled in, he was gagged and the door closed. Tatsu is going to murder someone, and can you even do anything about it? You have the help of someone else, but Tatsu doesn't need help fighting. There's no way you can stand up to him.

...is there?

If you want to confront Tatsu, take the Terrified condition but with none of the benefits. Otherwise, you can leave

Tatsuya: Kyle is just yelling (or trying to, through the gag) in a mix of fear and rage, over and over again, interrupted by being smashed around. Shouldn't be too hard to finish this. Except that the door opens and you see Sophie, staring at what's going on. What do you do?

Virginia: You hear a knock on the door, and see it's Susan. You know her as Sam's friend. You know anything else about her? She looks around the room. "Uh, so is this where you guys gather for the whole 'saving the forest' thing?" Would you have pegged her as someone interested in this? Regardless, she's walking in to an empty seat. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 24, 2016

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 4/5 Conditions: Terrified
Debt: 2+1

Taking Terrified as per the prompt.

Oh my loving god.

My eyes take in the overturned wheelchair, the blood, the gag in Kyle's mouth Jesus Christ this is like first degree murder what the gently caress Tatsu and yet -

- and yet I don't run. I don't faint or throw up or panic. I pull my phone from the pocket and hold it up like a shield, or a weapon. Close enough, right?

"What the gently caress are you doing Tatsu? Is 'having a smoke', like, code for beating up cripples now?" I don't want an answer, I want him to think I'm filming him... which I really should be, but instead I'm scrolling through the 'In Case of Emergency' apps, finding the one marked 'Violence.' Here goes nothing -

Hex-Casting: 2d6+1 12
Via Elsewise Power; string to Taylor. Casting Binding on Tatsu.

The phone starts vibrating like crazy, and suddenly the room's full of colored lights which make dazzling reflections in the mirror as they coalesce around Tatsu. The phone makes a noise like an old-fashioned alarm clock and for God's sakes Taylor couldn't you have made this thing more subtle...

Then it stops, as suddenly as it started, and it's just the three of us staring at each other again. "You gonna tell me this isn't what it looks like?"

I'm interpreting the requirement to chant in tongues as a more general need to make it really obvious something supernatural is going on. Tatsu can no longer physically harm other people.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I don't know the gently caress all that with her phone was, so I'm ignoring it. "I'm gonna tell ya to turn around and walk outta here! Ya don't wanna get involved in this Sophie! This fuckin' piece of poo poo did this to himself! He did somethin' monumentally stupid, even after I apologized for this mornin' and gave him the chance to not be a total fuckhead! Unfortunately for him he picked the single worst time to be a fuckn' moron, and this is him gettin' exactly what I told his dumb rear end he was gonna get!"

gently caress! Why did she have to walk in now! I can't just fuckin' off the guy with her standin' there... gently caress it, I can still make him regret being alive with her here. I reach down and grab the back of Kyle's collar, using it to haul him up to where I can hit him again. But then I... just can't. My arm won't move past a certain part of the punch. The gently caress? A few more tries and still nothin' doin'. What the gently caress? Then it hits me. Her phones crazy show. She fuckin' did this somehow. I look between the two for a minute, before I figure out how this is gonna go.

"Ok, I'm gonna finish with him, and then the two of us are gonna talk. We are gonna have a long talk. Alright?" I don't wait to hear a response before I get to work with Kyle.

First I find his phone, screen is cracked but it still works. Oh and look who doesn't have a password lock. For once in my life I'm thankful for group texts, it's gonna make this so much easier. I grab a handful of Kyle's hair and yank his head up so I can get a good picture of his pretty face. Then I send it to all his friends, along with a message.

text to Kyle's friends posted:

hey guess who? id forget about that last pic if you dont want your own makeover. got it?
(7:12) ShootaBoy: Manipulate Kyle's Friends
(7:12) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6-1
(7:12) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 9-1 = 8

That should get my point across well enough. That point is don't gently caress with me, dipshits. I crouch down to Kyle's level, man he is not lookin' good, and say "I called your bluff rear end in a top hat. I really was sorry for this morning, y'know? Next time Kyle," I roughly pat his cheek, "just take the apology." drat, I guess he passed out at some point. Lame.

With that done, I huck his phone into a toilet, get my bandanna back, and move to the sinks. The fun part about leather, even the fake stuff, is that it's easy to clean. Just get something sorta wet and you can wipe it clean. While I'm cleaning up, I look at Sophie. I guess I found that witch I was thinkin' about earlier, I just didn't expect it to be her of all people. Or for her to have a fuckin' magic phone I guess? Man, gently caress today, seriously.

"So let's start our talk with whatever the gently caress it is that did to me just now. Sound good?"

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 24, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I give her a grin back and snicker as I say, "Oh, my favorite subject." Gonna tread a little carefully, though.

I take a few sips of my drink, stalling, before I finally answer, "Well, I've been around. Gone here just as long as everyone else, really, but I was pretty unremarkable for most of it. For the longest time, Jason was really my only good friend. But, I guess I finally came into my own, since... here we are." I gesture around me at the last part, then I add, "Might even say it was an "ugly duckling to beautiful swan" situation."

I turn it back around and say, "So, how about you? What do you do when you're not protesting with Virginia?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Debt: 3

It worked! I can barely hide my amazement as Tatsu repeatedly tries and fails to punch Kyle. Of course this means I don't have any evidence of him actually beating Kyle up, but I make sure I'm filming while Tatsu grabs the guy and shoves his phone in his face. I mean, he's not exactly trying to hide that it was him, but still... insurance. I definitely need some kinda leverage here because holy poo poo Tatsu got scary all of a sudden. Would he hit me? I can't rule it out - I've got no idea how long this weird phone magic will last...

I mean, Jesus, he's just casually washing off his jacket like he's done this a million times before! Like hell am I just gonna have a casual chat with him in the guys' bathroom with blood on the floor and Kyle unconscious the floor. "'Start our talk?' In here? So you're dumb as well as crazy, huh?" I try to put as much confidence into my voice as I can. "Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to go back to the meeting. You're going to come back too, and you're going to act like nothing happened. We're going to meet up, like... some time later, I don't know, just not now... and then you can tell me why I the gently caress I shouldn't tell anyone about this."

I remember when he helped me break into the school... should I have known better? "And don't go trying to beat up anyone else, you won't get far. I never thought I'd have to use this on you of all people. I swear I thought you weren't... this." I back out through the door and dash back toward the library. I could really do with a hug right now...

Run Away: 2d6+1 6
Spending a string to boost that to 7. Sophie gets away, but the scariest person there gets a string, which presumably means Tatsu.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Yes, you can." I'm not taking this poo poo. I chew on my tongue for a moment and decide to go for it. "You tried to beat her up. You want to get into the party and you need me for it. I'll try, and I'll even ask about your friends, but either way the three of you stay away from her." I glare straight at him, staring into his eyes. I'm making a drat point here, I'll show him I'm just as capable a snake as he is. Everyone knows about the deer caught in the headlights thing, and its like that, we all have a predators gaze, and if you look too long into them you can make the other person feel like prey. So thats what I do to Atem.

<godfish> mesmerizing Atem
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5+2 = 7
Atem gets the condition Dazed

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassius: "Well, I'm not as into it as Ginny is. She's really passionate, and I just help out sometimes. The other times I'm at practice with the other cheerleaders. When we get together we love watching shows like Project Runaway - do you watch it? You should have seen last week's show, this one contestant made this amazing dress with what I thought was an unwinnable order! I'd love to say we'd go to music concerts, but good luck getting any bands here in Prosperity, right?"

She's continuing to talk, when a voice interrupts. "Oh hey Sam. Didn't think I'd see you out here." It's a guy named Jared, who on the basketball team as well. You remember seeing him at Pete's party, before the cops broke it up. Sam looks kind of irritated at his presence, but he turns to you. "Oh, hey you're...uh, Cassius, right? Me and Sam used to date. Yeah. Anyway, you going to the party this Friday? Your sister could get you in again." You can see he wants to ruin this date for you two. What do you do?

Sophie: You run into the library, away from that scene. Do you think you should do anything about Kyle, or are you willing to let that resolve on it's own? Entering the library, you see there's a new person there - Susan - talking to Ginny. Lily notices you come in and looks concerned. "Hey, you all right Sophie? What happened?" What do you do?

Tatsuya:

Gain a String on Sophie

So Sophie has magic and video of you sending a threatening message. You have any plans on how to deal with that? For that matter, what are you going to do about Kyle? Apparently you can't hurt him anymore but he's lying down on the ground, bleeding, not moving. What do you do?

Lamia: "I just told you that - " Atem stops as you stare into his eyes. He stumbles forward a bit, not blinking. Then, slowly, it hits him as to what you're doing. "Hey. H-hey." He sluggishly moves forward, cutting of eye contact. "Cut it OUT!" He attempts to tackle you, but just comically bounces off you, the effects of your stare still going through him. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I listen attentively, but when she mentions Project Runway, I snicker. I say, grinning, "Jenna watches it religiously, and thus I've watched a fair bit just by living in the same house." I lean in and lower my tone conspiratorially as I add, "Don't let her know that it's grown on me, though. She'll never let me hear the end of it, and it'll be nothing but fashion reality tv 24/7."

My good mood is spoiled by Jared. He's trying a social power play, and old Cassius probably would have piped down and let him ruin the conversation. But, new and improved Cassius? That's another story. I give a glance over to Sam, and she's really not wanting this guy around either. Good. I lazily roll my head back and lock eyes with him as I say, tone icy cold, "Oh, thanks for the "concern," but I've already got an invitation to the party. Anyway, we're busy right now, so why don't you go bother someone else " I jerk my thumb back towards the houses between the coffee shop and the school and add, "Somewhere else, too."

I turn back to Sam and say, "So, where were we?"

[21:49] <Capfalcon> Will I abuse my vampire powers again?
[21:49] <Capfalcon> Of course I will.
[21:49] <ShootaBoy> haha
[21:50] <Capfalcon> Hypnotize jerk
[21:50] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
[21:50] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 8+2 = 10
[21:50] <KittyEmpress> fail
[21:50] <KittyEmpress> darn
[21:50] <Capfalcon> rekt

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Might as well just tell her the truth, I guess. Maybe she can even use her crazy phone-witch powers and fix me. Probably not but I can hope for a bit anyway. Honestly though, Sophie's little video doesn't bother me one bit. I'm already hosed as soon as the principal finds out, what's the word of one high schooler compared to him? I really want to just go home, take a shower, probably text Ginny and tell her to forget about me and find another date, and sleep. But if there's even the slightest chance her magic can fix me I gotta go after it. And that means playin' along with her. I gotta be real careful how I am with her now, she's scared shitless, I could see it in her eyes. Can't blame her either, not after what she walked in on.

But all that can wait a minute. Right now I need to decide what to do with the shitbag. I'm pretty sure he ain't dead. Yeah no he's still breathing. What to do, what to do. I kinda wanna just leave him here for the janitor to find later tonight. It's definitely the easiest option, that's for sure. But is it really the best choice? I don't think it is. Hmm... I do still kinda really need a fix... Isn't the football team on the field right about now? Alright c'mon Kyle, we're going on a trip.

Thankfully there's not too many people running around on campus at this time of day, so I'm able to make my trip in peace. And there's the destination! Y'see the big main path that leads down to the stadium or whatever it's called, is on a slope. It's not steep but it is nice and long, which is perfect for me right now. Sophie's fuckin' spell won't let me send Kyle down at any real speed, but by the time he reaches the bottom he should have enough to make it out onto the field. That'll have to create some chaos, bloody guy rolling into the middle of practice. And I'll be, hopefully, too far uphill to see.

(8:42) ShootaBoy: Hold Steady
(8:42) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(8:42) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 3+2 = 5
Rolled Hold Steady as per Helio's ruling.

He's off, and I've got a nice high spot to watch from.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 25, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassius: Jared stares at you for a moment. "Okay." He says, and turns around. Sam was clearly expecting him to do more, but just watches as he immediately leaves. She looks at you.

"Uh...so what was that about? How'd you get him to do that? He's stubborn as hell, I thought we'd be here for a good five-ten minutes arguing?" She doesn't suspect anything out of the ordinary, but you can tell she does think it's weird that he would just leave. Speaking of Jared, you can see he's going to the nearest house and just pressing the doorbell over and over again. Well, you did tell him to "bother" someone else. What do you do?

Tatsuya: It starts off going according to plan. Kyle rolls down, leaving some blood splatters from the wounds you've already given him. By a stroke of luck, no one is paying attention to where he's at and he lands in the field. Then one of the players, running backwards to catch the ball, trips over Kyle's body. He falls down straight onto one leg, and you swear you can hear the sound of his bone breaking. He starts screaming in pain, and the rest of the team quickly looks over and sees what's going on. As they do, you finally feel relief, the high you needed, and the dark urge from when you were in the library fade away. How good does it feel? How does it feel knowing someone else got badly hurt? Because through your blissful haze, you can hear the coach yelling, trying to calm things down while talking about calling 911. Probably for both of them, from the looks of it. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Oh heavens that feels good. Finally getting one up on Atem, and how ineffective his attempt to get at me helps as well. I dart my hands out to grasp him by the shoulders and hold him in place, glaring, but not trying to trap him with my eyes again. "Get the picture? Your friends leave mine alone, I'll leave them alone. We both have humans to help the family with, we both win. We agreed?" I shake him slightly. "Are we?"

<godfish> shut down dazed atem
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+2 = 11
Taking a String

GodFish fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 25, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: "And I told you, they're not just going to leave her alone after that! Ugh, nevermind, if you want to go after them then I guess it's your call." He keeps his eyes away from yours. "Whatever, let's just go see what Mom wants." He sulks away from the conversation, refusing to continue it.

You arrive at your home, Grandpa waving at the two of you as you enter the house. Aunt Vritra is waiting, and looks around before closing the door. She doesn't even bother with asking about your day or anything like that.

"So I was thinking about how we need to expand our influence. And how worrying about the police might make some of us," she takes a look at you, "hesitant to do what needs to be done. So here's what I need the two of you to do. This is very important, all right?" Atem's nodding along. Then she takes out two knives, and hands one to each of you. "We need to show the police of this town that they should fear us, and to keep away from our activities. The house of an important member, Mrs. Wright, is empty right now. They have a house animal. Go to that home, kill the animal, and put our symbol in it's blood on the walls. This will show them they're not safe from us, and leave us free to peruse our interests."

Atem seems to be fine with this plan. You can tell this is kind of a bad idea. What do you do?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh it's sick and relievin' and beautiful and horrifyin' and a thousand other things all at once. I can feel emotions properly again, even if it's just for a while, but that means I can really feel the impact of what I've done. I just broke a guy's leg! I fuckin' beat Kyle nearly to death! Sophie's scared to death of me now, and oh gently caress me. I double over and gag, if I had anythin' left to throw up I would have. All that regret is still tinged with a feelin' of happy relief too. Gotta... just gotta suck it up and get through the rest of this meeting. Gotta keep from freakin' out Sophie so she stays willin' to talk. Lotta stuff to do. I head back towards the library, finally havin' that fuckin' smoke that's just been hangin' from my mouth this whole time. That does a lot to bring me back to focus.

I really hosed up this time. Mills is gonna know this was me the second he finds out, and then my time in Prosperity is over and done. gently caress. ...I gotta tell Ginny. Not about what I did to Kyle, gently caress no, but that I did somethin' really stupid and that she can't be around me. No way I'm havin' this shitstorm pull her down with me. I care about her too much to do that to her. ...Or maybe I don't gotta tell her. Maybe this, well it's not gonna blow over that's for sure, but maybe it won't reach the point where Mills comes after me. Maybe karma can give me this, just this one little thing. Maybe...

poo poo, there's the library already. Well I can't just stand here all afternoon, so I guess I'm going in undecided. Wonderful.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Meeting Conditions: Judgemental

"Oh hey Susan" I said, I didn't know her all that well but I'd heard some of the rumours about her. She was pretty big in the cheerleading crowd and liked to party a fair bit. At her question I smiled "Yeah this is where the magic happens but I'm afraid you're a little late we were just finishing up." I half explained/apologized. To be honest I didn't think she'd be the environmentalist type as far as I could tell her only interest in nature was what bits of it could she get high off of. Still she was here which was the main thing and if I restricted the meetings only to the pure of heart they'd be one heck of a lot smaller. "but I'm really glad you decided to show up." I beamed at her "If you want to stay back when everyone leaves I can go over it again."

[07:35] Ferrosol manipulate susan
[07:36] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[07:36] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+2 = 11

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 25, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: "Okay, sounds good to me." She sits down and reaches into her bag. She pulls out a snack sized bit of beef jerky and starts eating. Are you going to say something about that? As you said, you don't have a lot of people here already and chastising her might scare her off. Still, she is eating meat...what do you do?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Debt: 3

It's awful, but I only really stop to think about Kyle when I'm basically at the library already. It's not even because he was a bully or anything like that, and I'm still kinda freaked out, but still... selfish. But what am I gonna do about it? Even a casual 'oh hey I think someone got hurt in the bathroom gotta go bye' to a teacher in the corridor could bring down an unholy amount of poo poo on my head. Kyle doesn't seem like the type to snitch, though that word feels so, like, childish and inadequate for what just happened, so hopefully the school won't get involved. Wait, 'hopefully'? Jesus, why am I on Tatsu's side? What he was doing was way beyond standard, like, teenage fighting, or even what Atem was up to. I make my mind up when I get to the library door - I'll hear his excuse as soon as I can, and if it's not 100% on the level I'll tell... I don't know. Somebody. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Back to the library and it's like nothing's happened. Susan's here, which could be a good sign for the campaign - she's way out of my social league. I'll let Ginny do the evangelizing for now. And Lily's providing yet more evidence for the 'Sophie's got a crappy poker face' pile. What do I tell her? She's a nice enough person that she won't just forget about it if I brush her off...

"Huh, oh, it's nothing, Lily. Long day. Just..." Aha. Yeah, that might work. I lower my voice conspiratorially, though I do my best to keep my lip movements visible. "What would you do if somebody you knew, but, like, not super well was going out with someone who was actually super... dangerous?" I make a show of pausing over that last word. "Like, it wouldn't normally be my business, but this person is seriously bad news..." I'm not expecting her to have any brainwaves. But it's not a huge school, she'll probably work out who I mean, and if the grapevine works, Ginny might just hear it from someone she'd listen to...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Meeting Conditions: Judgemental

[18:38] Ferrosol Shutdown vs meat eating
[18:39] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[18:39] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3-1 = 2

I watched how she just sat down and began to tuck into beef jerky. And she called herself an environmentalist. Didn't she know how much damage eating meat caused whole acres of rainforest were being burned to the ground so people could run cows over it just so she and lots of people like her could stuff their face with beef jerky. It was disgusting. Not to mention what making all the packaging and what have you. And all so she could just sit and stuff her face.

I turned to her trying to restrain my anger and snapped at her "Can you put that horrible thing away please do you know what that stuff does to the enviroment?"

marking integrity for standing up against the filthy meat eater

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 26, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I one shouldered shrug and say, "Guess he wasn't expecting me to actually stand up to him. I mean, we are in public, and it's not like he was gonna look good walking up and picking a fight. Anyway, good riddance, right?"

I don't comment on him acting weird, because... well... a normal person wouldn't be at fault if he's off being a tool to someone else. So, I just pretend it isn't happening. Instead, I say, "So, you excited for the party? Assuming it's Tatsu free?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Sophie: Lily watches your mouth closely, worry coming onto her face as you talk. "Uh, if that's the case you should really tell them." She's already trying to figure who you're talking about. "How dangerous are we talking here? Maybe you should go to the principal? Or the police if it's bad enough?" Well, she'll probably pass it along the grapevine but now you've got her attention and curiosity. What do you do?

Tatusya: You come back in. Ginny's talking to Susan, who must have shown up while you were out. Meanwhile, Sophie is talking to a very worried looking Lily. What do you do?

Virginia: She looks up in surprise, beef jerky in her mouth. "Okay, okay, jesus I'll put it away." She does, but you can see she knows just how much that got to you.

Susan takes a String on you

"You know," she says as she readjust herself in her chair. "It might help if you didn't snap at everyone who didn't know all the rules. You want more people here, right? Just saying."

Susan uses Judgemental to act at an advantage against you and gains another String

What do you do?

Cassius: "Yeah...fair enough." You can tell she's not quite buying it, but not enough to hassle you over it. "Definitely can't wait for the party. As for it being Tatsu-free, we'll have to see about that. But I'm sure it'll work out. Anyway, so while we're talking about it: you have a date to the party yet? 'Cause if not, well, you can have one now." She smiles at you. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

“Fine.” That’s probably about as good as I can get right now. As we both sulk into the house, I pull my phone out to send Sophie a quick message.

@Sophie posted:

atem will leave u alone
says one u bit might try smthng
if so let me no
same if atem trys nythng
also u bit one thats hardcore!! :)

Sophie is so cool.

I give Grandpa a wave as I head in, feeling fairly happy with myself again. I’ve gotten friends, going to a party, might have done enough to get Atem an invite (this isn’t really a positive but whatever, I still managed it, probably) and got him to leave Sophie alone. A pretty good days work! This doesn’t last too long though when Aunt Vritra lays out her plan.

My face goes slowly from sullen at the starting implication to a frozen mask. She wants us to what!? Ah this is such a stupid plan!!! I’m not an expert or anything, but I’m PRETTY sure killing a cops pet dog is going to make them more likely to investigate us rather than less! What am I supposed to do though, if I say something she’ll just get mad at me. Atem can’t think this is a good idea either, can he? But I shoot a quick glance at him and he seems totally fine with it. I open my mouth, close it again, open it. “Aunt Vritra?” Very hesitantly, “won’t the cops be more likely to investigate us? There are a lot more of them..?”

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: She shrugs. "If they start trying to find out who did it, we do the same thing to another officer. They'll give up eventually. Now here's the address, go quickly while the house is empty!" She hands you a piece of paper and then makes shooing motions for you to go out. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"But we're telling them who did it!" Despite myself, I'm starting to drift towards the door with Atem, the paper held in my hands. This wasn't going to work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: "Oh don't worry, humans won't know it's us this symbol belongs to. Just that it belongs to someone with power, and that they should fear it." You can see she's starting to get annoyed with you not just heading out and doing what she asked. What do you do?

• Locked thread