Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Outsider

I still want to argue, but I'm just going to be digging myself deeper into trouble if I do, and its obvious she isn't going to listen. And she sort of has a point that they won't know what the symbol means. "Alright, alright..." I turn around and leave with Atem. "So... we should get some rubber gloves so we don't leave prints, right? And... a hammer or something?" I can't believe I'm trying to figure out how to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2x Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1x
Harm:0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy

I shake my head a little and say, "Well, normally I'd take you up on that offer, but I already agreed to show up early with Jason and help set things up. But... I'm sure I'll see you there, right?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 Experience: 4/5 Conditions: Terrified
Debt: 3

Awesome, she took the bait. Maybe a bit too hard, though. I really need this to say at 'rumor' status and not go any further than that. At least until I can figure out what the hell Tatsu was smoking. "I can't... uh, I can't really say, Lily." I grimace theatrically. "It's all really... messy, you know? That's why I want to try and keep this other person out of it if I can. But yeah, I'm gonna give it like a day or two and if things still look bad, it's definitely going upstairs, alright?" I don't sound too convincing in my own head, but I don't have to be. In fact, a bit of confusion could play out well for me.

My phone buzzes, giving me a welcome reason to look away from Lily. I flick past Taylor's last message to the new one from Mia. And wow, I wasn't expecting her to just up and deal with it like that. I was mostly just looking to complain, to be honest. But if she's actually got Atem to back off, that's awesome, and at the very least it looks like she's got my back. Taylor told me not to get involved, but having one member of this weird family on my side is pretty good, right? I flash Lily a quick '1 second' gesture and dash out a reply to Mia:

quote:

sweet ty so much im guessing that wasnt easy
and i can handle that 1 guy i reckon
i don't take any poo poo :P
u with family then?

Tatus's back in the room. I'm glad he's sticking to the plan, but I'm not exactly up for smalltalk with him right now, so I turn back to Lily, though I'm keeping an eye on him and Ginny...

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: -1 Cold: 2 Volatile: 2 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions: Fidgety

Looks like Ginny is talkin' to whatshername, maybe she's trying to get her to join or somethin'. Sophie is talking to... Lily that's it. Hmm. She looks worried. poo poo, Sophie didn't tell her, did she? No, not directly at least, she'd be calling the cops or somethin' if she knew what just happened. I see Sophie look at me when I come in and I shoot her a look that hopefully says we need to have our talk soon. gently caress I hope that didn't look threatenin', that's somethin' I gotta keep in mind with her now. I can't blame her for being scared of me, can I? Not after what she walked in on.

I move back to my spot from earlier, sit down, and plop my head into my folded arms. What a fuckin' day this has been. Down, up, down, up, down, down, down. And something tells me it's not gonna go up again anytime soon. Really wishing I could just curl up into a ball somewhere and fuckin' stay dead. But I can't so I guess I gotta settle for hopin' Sophie can help me somehow, and that she's willin' to help. I let out a sigh into my arms. Long fuckin' day.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold:-1 Volatile:1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 2
XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Meeting Conditions: Judgemental

But this is important! was what I wanted to say. I mean it was very, but a part of me knew she was right. That was the worst part. She'd come here to help and I'd jumped down her throat for a trivial excuse. Well no not trivial I'd meant every last word I'd said Ugh the whole thing was confusing and giving me a headache. It was important to do the right thing wasn't it? that's the way I'd been brought up, always try to do the right thing not the easy thing. She should surely think the same. And yet I know other people do think differently. And she did come to help when she didn't have to. They all did. They all had flaws and yet they still came to help. Even Tatsu bless him had tried to help even if he was kinda sorta only there for me. And I needed help I clearly wasn't some great leader who knew all the answers. But I needed an answer just this once. I ran a hand through my hair desperately racking my brain trying to think of some way to apologise without backing down....

[00:38] Ferrosol gazing about apologies
[00:38] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[00:38] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4-1 = 3

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: "Yeah good idea on the gloves." Atem gets those. "And we don't need a hammer to get in." He shows you some lockpicks. "I've been learning how to use these from my friends," he says very proudly. "We won't have to worry about noise."

The two of you arrive at the Wright's house. Your aunt was right about there not being anyone at home. Atem manages to unlock the door. "There we go!" He says, grinning widely as the door opens. He lets you in first and then enters himself, closing the door behind him. So what's your plan here? How are you going to get to the dog?

Cassius: "Oh. Uh, but yeah! You'll see me there." Sam waves goodbye as the two of you part ways.

After dropping Dog back home, you're back out in town. As you're heading to your next destination though, you see...is that Mia? And looks like her cousin is with her. They're in front of a house, which you realize is Sam and Ginny's home. Looks like no one is there though. Then the two of them get the door open and walk in. What do you do?

Sophie: "Well...okay. If that's what you think is best." Meanwhile, Tatsu is sitting with his head in his arms. How do you plan on getting to talk to him in private? What do you do?

Tatsuya: Pretty bad day. Do you have any plan of what to do if Principal Mills makes good on his threat? Or even just dealing with the police if they find out you were behind what just happened?

Virginia: You think, and think. As you look over Tatsu, thinking about how he's helped out, you suddenly see he has blood just covering his hands. There's blood on his boots and you even see that he left a bloody trail of footprints. You look, and then suddenly - it's gone. No blood on Tatsu's hands, no bloody footprints. But you know something's wrong. Susan looks at you, and you realize you haven't responded to her yet. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Still smiling to myself at how well things went, I decide to go check and see if Jason's home yet. Don't want to call him if he's still on his date, though.

But... when I see, Mia and some dude sneaking into Sam's house, I give a quick look around to see if anyone else noticed. Seeing nothing, I decide to follow them. They've got to have a good reason, and if nothing else, I am a bit curious about Mia. So, forgetting about my other plan, I put those newfound predator instincts to good use and shadow them into the house.

[20:11] <Capfalcon> Tactical Sneaking Vampire
[20:11] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6+1
[20:11] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 10+1 = 11

Hold steady and take +1 forward

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

I wish Sophie's messages could cheer me up right now, I should be glowing after reading them, I impressed my friend, but nope, just, feeling terrible.

@Sophie posted:

wasnt too bad
mainly just glared at him alot
yeah with family

After a bit more walking towards the house, I send a couple more.

@Sophie posted:

serious question
what would you do if your family wants you to do something
and you really dont want to
but if you dont youll get into massive trouble
like grounded 4 life but worse
cant really give specifics

I stare at the sent message for a minute, then put my phone away. I don't expect much given how limited the context I can give, but maybe... just maybe she'll send back an answer I can use to get out of this before we get to the house. Once we're at the house, maybe she'll send one before we find the dog. Come on Sophie!

Oh god we're inside. I close my eyes tight for a second, then open them and stare around the room, feeling completely wretched. I can't see any way out. I'm going to kill a stupid dog in the middle of a cops house and there is no way we won't get caught and arrested and even if we didn't we just killed someones dog. What did I ever do to deserve this? I gulp, then focus. "Alright, Atem, go check upstairs." I start forward into the kitchen. He isn't as observant as I am, so I don't think he noticed you can just see the corner of a pet gate thing from where I'm standing between the kitchen and whatever room is past it, so if he's upstairs I'll have a little bit more time to think before we have a chance of running into the dog. Maybe Sophie'll save me.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: "If you see it, let me know. I'll do the same." Atem takes his knife out and goes upstairs to see if the dog is there. You've bought yourself some time now, but it's probably not going to be long if the dog isn't upstairs. What do you do?

Cassius: So Mia's cousin just talked about finding something and took a knife out before going upstairs. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

OK, WHAT?!?

WHAT THE HELL?

As soon as the psycho with the knife leaves, I walk up behind Mia and quickly cover her mouth so she doesn't make any noise to alert the knife psycho. Keeping a firm grip on her mouth and arm, I whisper into her ear, "You'd better have a really loving good explanation what you're doing here, cause it looks like you broken into my friend's house and are looking to toss the place."

I'm not sure why, but that predator's instinct zeroes in on her family as a sore point. I've long since learned to trust it, so I say, "I don't know how your parents brought you up, but most people tend to look down on poo poo like this. Now, I'm gonna let you go, and you're gonna give me a drat good reason why I'm not about to call the cops. Ready?"

In the brief moment of silence between my last words and letting go of her so she can answer, I think to myself, Wow, that actually sounded pretty cool, Cassius.

[22:32] <Capfalcon> Shut Mia down
[22:33] <Capfalcon> who is an outsider
[22:33] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
[22:33] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 6+2 = 8

+1 from hold and spending a string to boost to 10
Choosing to remove a string and then use Cold as Ice to remove another string.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 5, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Starting to bite my lip, I catch myself and stop and nod once. "Right." As soon as Atem's gone though, I go back to biting it, a little harder.

Then I bite it a lot harder.

If someone did have their hand over my mouth I'd have let out a scream from the tension I was already under and the surprise. Instead, I just bit my lip hard enough to start bleeding. What the hell is this?! Is this Atem's idea of a sick joke?? But the voice that follows in a second isn't Atem's, it's... Cassius'? What? My heart, already beating like loving crazy starts going fast enough that if I had the mind for it right now I'd be seriously concerned. Oh god he saw me what was he even doing here anyway it doesn't matter he saw meheknowsimgoingtokilladogahhhhhhhhhhiknewwedgetcaught!!!!!!

<godfish> hold steady vs cassius
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5+1 = 6
<godfish> whomp whomp

I turn slowly to face him, rotating on the spot, face frozen in an expression of pure horror and fear.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 5, 2016

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Man, it's like all the energy's gone out of the room. Tatsu's slumped over, Ginny's spacing out... I give her a quick look of concern, mouth 'you OK?' at her. This is all so uncomfortable now, but I don't want to bail straight away. And I should get this thing with Tatsu sorted so it's not hanging over our heads. And I need to reply to Mia. I never asked for a quiet life, but I kinda just want to go home and rest my head...

I give Mia's message another glance. The more I look at it, the more I'm worried. I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about this family. But I don't really know what to say! I get on just fine with my parents - it's not like I've never been grounded before, but it's not like I've had anything really worth standing my ground over either.

quote:

you ok? :(
I almost want to leave it at that, but I've got to try and help if I can. Mia seems pretty innocent, this might be the first time she's ever thought about defying her parents. So maybe I just need to give her a push in the right direction?

quote:

can u fake doing this thing
or talk them out of it
srsly if not you might have to just do it :(
but u can use their good will to make a plan for next time
like have an exit strategy, get people on ur side
sorry for not being much help
drat, that's pretty useless. I'm out of my depth here. It honestly feels like it'd be easier if she were, like, whistleblowing on some big corporation. Anyway. Back to reality. I put my phone away, sit down next to Tatsu and give his shoulder a shake. "Hey. You ok?" I lower my face next to his, smile, and do my best to meet his eyes over his folded arms. Like I'm trying to cheer him up. Which might actually be true? It's weirdly hard not to feel sorry for him right now. What the hell happened to him in the bathroom anyway? I keep my hand on his shoulder. "Long day, huh? I need your phone number, or you need to come up with somewhere to meet. Somewhere safe."

(Inadvertent) Turn On Tatsu: 2d6+0 7
String/promise/self.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

My gaze breaks from hers as I look away from the terrified look on her face. It's... kind of hard to stay mad when she looks like she's about to cry. Reluctantly, I whisper, "Ok... look. You shouldn't be here. Get that other guy from upstairs and get out of here. We can just pretend nothing happened. But later? You're gonna tell me the big idea was."

Then, I take her by the hand and guide her over to the stairs, looking at her expectantly as I wait for her to start her way up. I lean closer and whisper into her ear, "Well? Is there a problem?"

<capfalcon_work> turn on Mia
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 5+2 = 7

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I've got no fuckin' clue what I'm gonna do if Mills comes for me. I was hopin' to get some kinda agreement or somethin' worked out back in his office, but he basically kicked my rear end with words and shot that plan all to poo poo. He didn't seem to care that I knew somethin' was up with him, so all I've got left in my hand is that he doesn't know what's up with me. So maybe I can still get one up on him, if I can find out his secret before he finds out mine. The cops are a different story. I think I'm covered for this if Kyle doesn't talk. This meeting works as a pretty decent alibi. Only real loose ends are Kyle and Sophie. poo poo, and Kyle's friends. I forgot about sending that picture. gently caress. Ah screw it. I'll deal with it as it comes. If I have to skip town then I guess I'll be livin' on the run. Good thing I don't stay dead, I guess.

And then someone puts a hand on my shoulder. Ginny? ...Sophie? Huh? She's smiling at me and asking if I'm ok too. Ah. There it is. She's just coverin' herself, so she can say what she really wants. Might as well play along. "Longer than ya know. I know a place. We'll go after this is over." Promising the meeting he thinks she wants.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: While you panic, trying to think of something to say to Cassius, you see the dog bound over in front of the pet gate. He looks over at you and begins barking excitedly at the two new people in the house. He's very loud. In between his barks, you hear footsteps from upstairs stop for a moment, and then start moving again. Atem's going to be down here any moment. What do you do?

Cassius: You can hear what must be her cousin heading to the stairs. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

If I looked like I wanted to cry when I turned around, its nothing compared to how much I look like it now. I can feel the tears starting to well up in my eyes as I give Cassius a very, very weak nod. "I'll tell you... oh no..." Nonono I did not need the dog to show up now Atem will be coming down now and he'll see Cassius and then what's going to happen. Giving Cassius a look even more panicked than before, point desperately at the door, brain firing on all cylinders trying to come up with a solution to this. The fact that Cassius is currently whispering in my ear isn't helping at all!!

"hurry and... and... go outside pretend to be coming home! fumble some keys or something!" I give him a gentle push towards the door, trying to keep my eyes on him, the dog and the stairway all at the same time. My phone buzzes in my pocket, probably Sophie getting back to me, I hope. "text me in a couple minutes and we can figure it out!" Wait poo poo he doesn't have my number, uh, uh, Sophie, he'd have Sophie's number she's cool! "sophie has it! I'll distract Atem so you can get out!" With that head for the stairs to dash up it if he doesn't try to stop me.

Promising to meet + talk after they get out of here

"Atem! I found the dog but someone's coming, we need to get out of here!"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I jump a little in surprise when I hear the dog bark, but what's even more surprising is what she says. They were here for the dog? And...she's about to have a break down. Ok, this is just getting more and more hosed up, but it looks like there's a way out of this without me getting a knife waved around in my face.

So, I grab for the dog and head towards the door.

[19:24] <Capfalcon> Hold steady to grab the dog and go outside
[19:24] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6+1
[19:24] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 5+1 = 6

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ugh I've gotta stop zoning out like that. Even Sophie's looking at me like I'm crazy. Maybe I am going crazy seeing weird visions and things. I should probably say something to Susan but if Tatsu is hurt that has to come first. He doesn't look hurt but he does look... sad. I walked over to him trying to ignore the way Sophie was whispering to him, What was her game? If he was hurting was she the one who caused it? I mean the two of them did leave together or was she interested in him for some other reason. Did she like him? I wouldn't blame her he is cute but what if he was interested in her what if he turned his back on me, I wouldn't know what to do. Or maybe I'm just being silly reading too much into things. "Tatsu" I said softly as his head perked up "Is something wrong? If you need help or your hurting I'm here to help. Even if it's just someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on." He just looked so lost I needed to help him.

[13:23] Ferrosol turn on Tatsu
[13:23] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[13:23] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+2 = 14

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Then Ginny's there, asking if I'm alright and offering to help. She's beyond thoughtful, especially for a guy like me, and for a moment I almost spill the beans right there. But then the moment passes as I remind myself that I can't get her caught up in my poo poo. Definitely not after just now. So instead of telling her, I just give her a tired smile and say, "Nah, 'Snothin' like that. It's just been a pretty intense day is all." After a second I add, "But thanks for offering Ginny."

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

And now Ginny's showed up and made this weird. Or did I make it weird to start with? Well whatever, I'm not going to be planning any secret meetings now. Besides, today's been long enough already. "Sounds like we could all do with some rest, huh, Tatsu? No need to rush anything." Have a night to polish your excuses, Mr Potential Psycho. He better not try anything with Ginny, though. I move away from him - wouldn't want her getting the wrong idea! - but not that far. "It's not like I'm going to forget or anything!"

Since it feels like things are wrapping up, I'm happy to let the meeting wait until the next scene. Let me know if you've got something else in mind.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: Atem starts to say something but then gets cut off by some yelping from downstairs. "What the hell is going on?" He shoves past you and runs down. What do you do?

Cassius: The dog doesn't really want to leave, and resists. It yelps, and you hear Atem right before you see him come down and see you trying to drag the dog outside. "Who are you?" He has the knife out still. What do you do?

Virginia: Susan looks over at the three of you and says "Uh, so I guess I'll come back tomorrow then?" Everyone else is heading out - it's about time to head home. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

poo poo shitshitshitshit!

Mia wouldn't hurt me. ...Probably, anyway. But this guy? He's got a knife out, and he's looking for trouble. No time to gently caress around, then.

I lock eyes with him, and my expression turns stony as I intone my command, "I live here, and you are trespassing. I'm about to call the police. You should leave and never come back."

[20:46] <Capfalcon> Hypnosis on the snekman
[20:46] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
[20:46] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 7+2 = 9

Their sanity is unhinged.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

What is Cassius doing I told him to get out and pretend to come back in why is he trying to take the dog Atem is going to realize ohno there he is! I spin around on the stairs as Atem rushes down, his knife out towards Cassius oh god oh no he's going to stab him!!! Forget animal killing he's going to kill Cassius and we're going to be so so so so so screwed and I can't let him kill Cassius!!

I rush down the stairs after him as Cassius tries to tell him to get out of the house, but that isn't going to work! I know Atem, he's not going to listen, he'll just think all he has to do is stab Cassius before he can call the police I can see him raising the knife up- "NO!" I throw myself forward at Atem's shoulder, trying to push him aside before he can hurt Cassius.

<godfist> lash out at Atem
<godfist> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfist, 6-1 = 5

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: Weird thing is, Atem was leaving. But then you run into him, knocking his sunglasses off, and he angrily yells "What are you doing?" He whirls around, and looks at you for a moment. "Wait a minute. No one was supposed to be here...did you tell them about us? Yeah, you were on your phone while we were coming here. Let me see it." You can see from his eyes that something is wrong with him. He also still has the knife in his hand. What do you do?

Cassius: Well, that almost worked. Except that you can sense that Atem isn't taking your mind control very well. Mia could be in danger. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Part of me is completely stunned by the fact that I just tackled Atem, the rest is just even more confused. I have no grasp on what's going on anymore, Atem was actually leaving? That doesn't make any sense! And now he's accusing me of telling Cassius? I didn't! "What? Don't be an idiot, of course I didn't! He must have seen us go inside, its not like he lives here so they wouldn't know he'd be around!" I'm back up, or trying to, the process is pretty difficult while on the stairs. But my eyes are stuck on his knife. Metaphorically. And only for the most part, they keep flicking back to his eyes, then back to the life. "What are you doing? I don't even have his number!"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jesus, Mia! Don't call me out on lying in front of the crazy knife guy! I swear, once I get out of this, I'm going to learn karate or something. Between this jerk and that stalker of mine, I really should learn something.

Speaking of which... they're both distracted, and I've got the dog. So, it's time to get out while the getting is good. I mean... they're were apparently doing this together, so he wouldn't really hurt her, right?

[02:08] <Capfalcon> what can go wrong?
[02:08] <Capfalcon> Run away!
[02:08] <Yawniphonerir> everything
[02:08] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6-1
[02:08] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 6-1 = 5
[02:08] <Capfalcon> case in point

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassius: You turn to leave, and suddenly you feel a huge sharp pain in your side as Atem sticks the knife into you.

Take 2 Harm

He starts talking to Mia while facing you, the bloody knife ready in case you try something else. What do you do?

Lamia: Atem whirls around and stabs Cassius, speaking to you as he closes in on him. "Then prove it. Take your knife out and finish the job. It'll scare them if a family member got killed too, right? And if you haven't betrayed me - betrayed us - then I'm sure you'll have no problem doing it. Right?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I suppose I better go home and let the dog out. Mom would still be at work and I think Dad was covering someone else's shift as well. Poor Buster must be desperate to get out. I felt awful leaving him locked in the kitchen all day but I'd make up for it by giving him a nice long romp through the woods tonight. I needed the exercise and the time to think about what a crazy day it had been and it was relaxing to spend time with someone who loved you unconditionally and all they wanted was a pat and a tummy rub in return. Maybe I should try that on Tatsu, maybe that would get him to talk to me to open up a bit more. I giggled at the thought I hate it when I giggle like that it makes me sound about 12 again. Sam always used to make fun of my laugh. But laughing won't get me home much quicker so I picked up a jog.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 9, 2016

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

The meeting peters out, and Ginny heads off home to walk the dog or something. I'm kinda picturing her as Snow White surrounded by woodland creatures now. Does that make Tatsu the wicked witch? Or maybe the huntsman who's meant to kill her, but saves her instead? Whatever. He's still here, looking wiped out. Guess redecorating that bathroom really took it out of him, huh? I sink back into my own chair, on my phone, letting people trickle out of the library as I type out a quick update for Taylor.

quote:

struck out with V, sorry. campaign doesn't look like much tbh. really that important? also picked up something else v interesting, will update. Anything I should know on Kowara T?
Interesting is a code phrase we agreed for dangerous. I don't know why I bother, to be honest - it's not like Taylor could do anything if Tatsu flipped out. But it still feels comforting to tell somebody. And maybe this'll distract him from my failure to make any progress with Ginny.

At last, we're the only two left in the library, slumped in our seats, not really looking at each other. Of course, it's me who breaks the silence. "So. What happened?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I freeze in place again, staring in horror as he did it, he loving stabbed Cassius! Nonono I TRIED TO STOP THIS! "What are you doing?! This isn't the plan stopstop!!" Before I know it, I have my own knife in my hand. What am I suppose to do??? Slowly, very slowly, I raise the knife, stepping forward towards the pair of them, eyes moving from Cassius's face to Atem's back. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO????

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm: 2/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy

For a second, I don't do anything. I just look down at the hole in my side, and the blood matting my shirt to my body. I touch it, not quite believing it's there. Then, I fall backwards, away from the two knife wielding psychos. I start backing away on my hands towards the back door, looking up at the pair of them.

...Can I even die again? What's going to happen to me?

It turns out that not even vampire coolness is enough to keep it together after getting stabbed. I look up, eyes wide with shock, and I just start grasping on any excuse, "Hey, you were gonna kill the dog, right? So... you wanted to send a message or something? You sure got the point across with this. Might as well just leave it like this, though. I mean... this way, they'll know that someone's out for them. I'll make sure of that But... you just kill me, and it might look like a robbery gone wrong. This way, you really show that you're in charge."

[19:20] <Capfalcon> Manipulate Atem
[19:20] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
[19:20] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 3+2 = 5
[19:21] <Capfalcon> el oh el
[19:21] <Capfalcon> so dead

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

The door clicks shut and it's just me and Sophie. She speaks up after a minute, so much for doing this later I guess. Whatever. I stop fakin' my emotions and start talkin'. "Short version is, Kyle found me at the worst possible moment and did somethin' really stupid. I gave him a chance to not be a moron, to be a decent human being for once. And he made an even dumber choice. After that well, ya know the rest. Then for the long version... " I sorta trail off a bit while I think about how to say this.

"You ever died Sophie? 'Cause I have. A couple times actually. There's the one everybody knows about, with the truck, but that was number two. I still don't what got me that first time, all I do know is that I got back up. Brought somethin' back with me too. A need. Y'see I haven't really been able to do the whole 'emotion' thing, since that first time. I can fake it pretty well when I gotta, but the real thing is barely there. And if I wanna feel whole again, if I wanna feel again, I gotta make things get crazy. And this thing likes it more when the crazy hurts people. That's what happened earlier, when I went out to 'have a smoke'. I was sittin' in the meeting, tryin' to think of a way to get Ginny's sister to hate me less and how to take care of my thing before Friday, when it told me that maybe I could get two birds with one stone. That I could 'take care' of both of my problems at the same time."

"So I went outside to try and not have a total breakdown in front of everyone, and then Kyle showed up and then... yeah." I sigh, what a fuckin' day. "Back there was just him being a fucker at the single worst time for it." I still can't manage to make myself look at her, so I settle for staring at the table instead of into my arms. "So yeah, that's most of it. If ya got any questions I can try to answer them, I guess."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Even through my panic I can just manage to think that that might be the shittiest reasoning I've ever heard. He just got stabbed! Who the hell would leave at that point? I need to do something!! I raise my knife a little higher, above Atem's back, and hesitate again. Just do it Mia!

I can't. The knife falls to the floor, and I dart forward, putting myself between Cassius and Atem. "Stop it! We didn't come here for this Atem! They might not investigate too hard for a dog, but a dead person?!" I stare at him straight in the eyes, able to see the slight slits in his pupils with the sunglasses gone. I just need him to stop for a second, he'll calm down, he just needs a second to think, then it'll be alright. I try to project the same predators intent into my stare as before, but I think my panic might be stronger right now.

<godfish> mesmerize Atem
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3+2 = 5
<godfish> welp

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassius: "Nice try. But I don't think you're in a position to bargain. And we're not leaving a witness. Not now."

Atem takes a String on you and uses it to give you the condition "Helpless"

Lamia: "The plan changed Lamia." He stares you back down and you can see he's lost it. Just talking to him isn't going to make him stop. "If you don't want me telling Mom and Dad and everyone about how you tried to sabotage the plan, then you'll take this -" He puts his knife in your hands - "And finish. The. Job." What do you do?

Atem takes a String on you and uses it to offer you XP if you kill Cassius

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm: 2/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy, Helpless

Jesus, this guy's a piece of work. And they're family? I thought Mia was a little weird, but a family of home invading pet killers?

But... she really doesn't want to be doing this. She's been trying to stop him this whole time. Maybe I can make it through this. If I can just get him to leave...

I look over at Mia and plead, "Don't move. Please, just give me a second."

Then, I lock eyes Atem again and will him to obey me. It's easier than before. I... guess I did sort of break something inside last time I hypnotized him. But, that's not going to be my problem for much longer. Hand still pressed against my bloody side, I say, choosing to be as blunt as possible and leave no wiggle room, "Hear those sirens? Police are almost here. Drop everything and run away right now, or else you're gonna be arrested for murder."

[23:40] <Capfalcon> Ok, so here we go. For all the marbles.
[23:40] <Capfalcon> hypnotize Atem
[23:40] <Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
[23:40] <Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 12+2 = 14

crushed it

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 10, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I take the knife practically without thinking about it. But he wants me to kill Cassius? No, no. "I can't." My voice is shaking badly now. "This isn't the plan!!" Fingers tight on the handle, my knuckles are turning white as I stare at the blade of the knife. Cassius is talking again. Sirens. Sirens? No, there aren't any sirens, what's he talking about? Oh god we're all going crazy!!!

This needs to stop, how can I stop this? I can't kill Cassius. Atem? I can't kill him either. What if I knock him out? I could do that, right? That won't solve anything, he'll make it out like I ruined this all. Its my fault. It'll be my fault, I mean. It isn't my fault, this just happened, why is this happening. what should I do. anything. something. do. something. MOVE!

I look down.

My knife is sticking into Atem.

Did I do that?

I didn't do that, did I?

Did I?

Did I?

"oh god"

I did.

I let go the knife, taking a step backwards, and stare at my hands, blood staining the rubber gloves.

Then, very, very slowly, I look up at Atem. He's alright? Right? He's fine? Did I kill him? I can't have. He'll be fine. Right? RIGHT? "Atem?"

<godfish> lets make poor choices
<godfish> don't let me down Krysm
<godfish> lash out at Atem, AGAIN
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 10-1 = 9
<godfish> ... :o
<Rauri> tbh can't believe beseeching Krysm actually worked
entering my darkest self, also going to use my string on Atem to deal an extra harm, because this is the time for poor choices.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: Atem was turned around to leave, but stops as the knife goes into him. He doesn't answer, he just falls to the floor, bleeding. If he makes it, you know he's going to tell your entire family about this. If he doesn't...well, they're going to know something happened here. Either way, can you really go back? And if not, how are you going to avoid them? Although right now you might want to figure out how to handle this situation. What do you do?

Cassius: Looks like it worked. Except that Mia then stabbed him as he was leaving. He's unconscious, bleeding out. You're bleeding too. Mia still has the knife. What do you do?

Virginia: You make it home, and open the door...just in time to see a classmate of yours (Mia) stab her cousin. There's another knife on the floor. Cassius is here too, bleeding. Buster is apparently not behind the gate anymore and freaking out. How do you even begin to approach this situation?

Roll to Hold Steady

Sophie: You get some texts back.

quote:

like i said, more about V herself. need to know what she's doing

nothing on T. will keep an eye out now

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm: 2/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy, Helpless

Again, I managed to bend Atem to my will, and he turns to leave.

And again, Mia doesn't loving listen andloving stabs him. I watch as he falls to the ground before I turn to look at Mia, shocked. The movement makes me gasp in pain as I say, "gently caress, Mia! He was leaving! For the second time! Why can't you just listen to me!?"

I place my hand over my side as I mutter, "Jesus, he got me good. Could you give me a hand up or something?" I pause, then add, "...Is he alive?"

I'm not gonna cry about it, but it would make my day even more poo poo out of nowhere.

<capfalcon_work> shut down mia
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 7+1 = 8

Trade conditions, giving her psycho

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 10, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I walked through the garden gate and up the path and noticed the door swinging open. At first I thought it was just an accident whoever had left last hadn't locked up properly. Then I started hearing voices, Oh god was it burglars? I reached for my cellphone intending to dial 911 as I stepped through the door. Only to find what looked like half my classmates. What on Earth was going on? was that blood oh and Mia had a knife she was waving around and and and...

22:49] Ferrosol hold steady vs stabbing
[22:49] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:49] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6-1 = 5

The phone slipped from my grip and dropped to the floor before I could dial anything. "Wha-what's going on" I'm ashamed to admit but I didn't do anything to help I just stood there utterly shocked by what I'd seen there was someone on the floor with a knife in him and oh god so much blood. I- what do I do. Should I try and wrestle the knife off of her. Should I grab for my phone and call the police. Call for an ambulance. Run like crazy? I just stood there. I was useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Tatsu starts to answer, and, yep, it's all the standard self-justifying crap I was expecting from a guy like him. Blah blah blah Kyle's a moron and he was asking for it and I didn't really want to hurt him he just started slamming his crippled head against my boot and wait what was that about dying?

What.

"Jesus." I breathe out, letting a trace of a whistle through my lips. "You know, you could have just said you were crazy... you know, there's plenty of people who can't help hurting other people 'cause the voices tell them to or they're compelled or whatever..." Think, Sophie. Why the hell would he make up some story about dying and losing his emotions? All it's gonna do is make him seem even more crazy. Which might be the plan, I guess, but it wouldn't help him in the long run - a cell's a cell, whether it's got padding on the walls or not. Maybe he actually believes it? Maybe that first accident messed him up so bad he got, like, PTSD. Yeah.

Yeah, but.

I hold up my phone. "If you'd have told anyone else..." I thought magic was just flashing lights and weird psychic stuff. Not life and death. "I know the world doesn't work quite like people think it does." But what the gently caress do I know? I should ask Taylor, but I don't really want to. This isn't his sort of problem... no, I'm being stupid, it's exactly his sort of problem. It's magic, and it's a threat. But I've dealt with it already, haven't I? Tatsu can't hurt anyone with the spell on him, but will that really be enough?

And if it does come down to a midnight raid by scary guys in night-vision goggles, could they even kill him, if what he's saying is true?

"You need help, Tatsu." Talk about stating the obvious. But then another unpleasant thought occurs to me. "Unless... would fixing it mean you die? Like you were, you know, meant to?"

• Locked thread