Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: -1 Cold: 2 Volatile: 2 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions: Fidgety

"If I have any good luck left, it will."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Outsider, Psycho
DARKEST SELF

Oh no oh no oh no why did I do it why did I do it? I wasn't thinking, now what am I supposed to do??? I keep staring at my bloody gloves, and past them, Atem on the floor. Even if I stabbed Cassius, picked up Atem and ran him home and he made it, I was screwed, so so so screwed they'd probably want to kill me even for that. And if Atem is dead... No. No, can't think about it. I can't go back. I absolutely can't go back. Even if they totally forgave me, they'd just make me do something insane like this again. I'm not going back. I can't, and I won't.

What does that leave me though?

Apparently it leaves me standing here, being yelled at by Cassius, for saving his life. So that's great. "What are you talking about, there weren't any sirens you idiot there was no way he was leaving! He was just like, moving to pick up the other knife to stab us!" I whirl around to glare at him, hands still shaking wildly. "I just saved your life!" My anger, fueled by the intense fear and panic that's been filling me pretty much since before we even went inside fades a bit as I look at Cassius' wound and he asks for help.

"Y..yeah... Here." I bend down to try and help him up, though I'm barely equipped to hold myself up right now. "I don't know... I think so... Did I hit his vitals or anything?" I don't have a clue! "AHHHHHHH!" At this point any vestiges of calm I had left shatter immediately as Ginny walks in the door and I let out a scream and cling tightly to Cassius, holding myself tightly against him instinctively.

<godfish> turn on Cassius
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+2 = 11
string get!

also Cassius gets the condition Idiot

GodFish fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 11, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2x Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1x
Harm: 2/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy, Helpless, Idiot

"He was... You know what, never mind." I sigh and run my hand through my hair. If she didn't notice anything was weird, I guess I didn't push it. "Thanks, I guess."

Then, I flinch as a sudden spasm of pain runs up my side as she grabs onto me and growl, "Ow! poo poo! Don't grab on like..." I then see what made her jump. I hold on to her as well, hoping that somehow we can get out of this.

Mia isn't in any state to be selling stories, so I jump in, saying in as calm a voice I can manage with Mia clinging to me and, again, a giant hole in my side, "It's not what it looks like, Ginny. He broke in, and we were trying to stop him!" I look down at Mia to make sure she gets the significance of that 'we.' I continue, "But he had a knife! He got me pretty good, but... Mia managed to take him down. Look, help us clean up, and I'll tell you everything that happened." I pause, and that little whisper in the back of my mind gives me a possible in, so I continue, "But we gotta do it now, or else your family is gonna get scared shitless."

Spending a string to offer XP to help us cover this up and Cassius will explain everything later

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: As you stare at what's going on, the phone begins to ring. It rings, and rings as Mia and Cassius talk. There's a silence, and then you hear someone leaving a message. "Hey Virginia, Samantha, if either of you two are there - I'll be home soon." It's your dad. "I'll pick up something for us to eat on the way there. See you soon." He hangs up.

Do you believe what Cassius is saying? And even so, Mia just stabbed her cousin - what do you think of that? What do you do?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 Experience: 4/5 Conditions: Terrified
Debt: 3

"Jesus. You don't mean that..." That's all I can say. It's not everything I want to say, not by a long shot. I want to say, you've got so much ahead of you, or this is still worth it, or think of everyone who loves you but it all sounds so fake and hollow in my head. What the hell have I got myself into?

The silence stretches out. "Hey, look, I'm not going to tell anyone about earlier." Though I can't stop other people finding out. But what good would it do if I told somebody? The kind of help he wants, or even needs, he won't get it from some overworked shrink in jail. "You won't be able to hurt anybody while this... thing is still up." I point at my phone. "I don't really know how it works, but yeah. If you've got some other way of getting your kicks..." I do my best to smile, but I've got no idea how it looks. On an instinct, I move closer to where he's sitting and sit down on the floor near him. "Do you want me to help you?" I don't even know what I'm offering, to be honest, but I want him to say something, anything that will give me something to do, some way to make this less awkward and horrible and sad...

Gato fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 11, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold:-1 Volatile:1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 2
XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Meeting Conditions: Judgemental

"Are you crazy? She just stabbed someone I don't care what he did first you don't try and stab someone." I replied to Cassius My heart was still pounding though hmm think Ginny think there's a first aid kit in the bathroom "He clearly needs proper medical attention. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't call an ambulance and the cops right now." I glared at Mia "Keep an eye on him there's a first aid kit upstairs better hope it's enough because if he dies then this becomes murder." Who stabs their own cousin anyway? I mean my family annoy me occasionally I'm not a saint but stabbing one of them? What was this really about?

I ran up the stairs taking them two at a time and grabbed the first aid kit. Luckily Dad made sure it was kept well stocked. Not sure what you're supposed to do with a stab wound. But I knew the basics of First aid. Ignoring the other two I rushed over to uhh what was his name again? I just knew him as that creep. But even if he wasn't creep he didn't deserve to bleed out on my kitchen floor. "Hi can you hear me ok?" I asked. I know you're supposed to check if they're concious then what umm roll them into the recovery position? and try and clean and bandage the wound.Ok you can do this right...

rejecting that XP offer

giving Atem first aid healing one harm

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"Wrong deity. And yeah, I do." I hate that. When people tell ya what ya do and don't mean. It's my fuckin' words comin' outta my fuckin' mouth, so I'm pretty sure it's what I meant.

After a bit she comes out with a real shocker, she's not gonna talk about Kyle. I'm actually shocked. Then she hits me again with the fact that she doesn't even really know how her own magic works. Great. I got chumped by a fuckin' trainee witch or whatever the right term is. Fantastic. But she is offering to help, even though she's just a beginner. But does she know what that means? I gotta let her know what she'd be gettin' herself into, wouldn't be right to do otherwise.

"Sophie." I look at her. "I get that you're a witch or whatever, and that you've probably seen some intense poo poo 'cause of that, but ya do know what exactly you helping me would mean right? My end goal is to not get back up. I can't ask ya to help with that. So if ya wanna just walk out that's fine. But if ya don't then I need to know that ya understand what that means." Now to see what she says.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

DARKEST SELF

A very, very small amount of the panic lessens as Cassius comes up with a story. He's covering for me. Oh god. We might make it out of this bit of this alright. I give him a very weak smile and relax my grip on him slowly, looking over at Ginny nodding to agree with his story. We stopped Atem, right. Together, and we can get out of this if we throw him under the bus. I can see faint rays of daylight right up until she yells something about not stabbing people ever and runs up stairs to get a first aid kit.

This time the look Cassius gets back up at maximum panic, I don't know how long I can even function at this stage if it goes on much longer. Before I can say anything, Ginny is back with a first aid kit. She's going to save him? That was good... wasn't it? Even so, once the message plays, I know we need to get out of here fast. "G-Ginny, it-its true..." My voice is shaking badly, and I'm not putting it on at all, "He broken in to kill your dog, I, I didn't think he would, but I followed him, and Ca-Cassius saw him break in, and tried to stop him, and then he, he stabbed Cassius, and he wouldn't listen-en to me, I got-t one of the kn-knives away from him, but he wouldn't stop so I had... I had to... I break off, gesturing to him on the floor. Come on Ginny, believe it! Please!

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I shake my head. "I'm not a witch, Tatsu. I'm not much of anything, really." Of course. That's what's important here, obviously. It's honestly kinda flattering that Tatsu thinks I'm some kinda badass who's seen poo poo but I really don't want him getting the wrong idea. Because I can't do it, I just can't. I don't know if that makes me a coward or weak or just a normal human loving being but I can't.

"I can't kill you, Tatsu. I'm sorry, I know I said -" Deep breath, Sophie. "I do want to help you, really. There has to be a way we can fix you without, you know..." The poor guy looks so restless and anxious, I put my hand on his shoulder almost without thinking. "... you know, so you can still get back up again. Like it was before." I don't know how it was before. I don't even know if it's possible. But I can't just walk away. Same as ever, huh?

"Let me help you. It doesn't have to end like you want it to." I've ended up very close to him, somehow. "You helped me once, and it was, like, way more important than you probably thought it was. That means it's my turn." Very, very close. I think I'm shaking. What am I doing?

Turn On Tatsu: 2d6+0 5 Tagging Fidgety for +1, and spending a String for another +1 to make 7. String/promise/give self?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

She's not a witch? Then how the poo poo did she use magic on me? Ugh, poo poo's never simple these days is it? But she won't, can't, help me the way I need. Yeah, that's about what I was expecting. I wasn't expecting her to put her hand on my shoulder or get so close. This is... new. And it needs to be dealt with.

"Look Sophie, we can't. It's bad enough I agreed to go to the party with Ginny. I'm a monster, so it's better if I don't get too close to people, alright?" Look at that, another sigh. "That said, I don't agree with you on the whole 'fixing me' thing... but I guess ya can try." Giving Sophie what he thinks she wants, a chance to help him.

I get up from my chair and finally look at her. "I don't think you'll have much time though. Principal is already after me for this morning, threatened to run me outta town if I didn't keep any trouble off of campus and I don't think he's dumb enough to not put two and two together when he hears about Kyle."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Home Conditions: Judgemental

"What? why would he do something like that? That's crazy. I barely know the guy not sure I've ever even talked to him much, why would he hate me enough to do something like that?" I asked. The whole thing sounded so bizarre still it was too crazy to make up I guess I mean I got the feeling there was something she wasn't telling me but hey at least she'd put down the knife and that was good ok? "Let's say I believe you. What are you going to do now. He really needs to go to a hospital and have a proper doctor look at him." Would she do the right thing. If he had tried to stab Buster I kind of wanted to hurt him myself but that would be wrong wouldn't it. That would make me like her.

It was only then that I noticed Cassius grimace and the blood seeping through his shirt. "Oh are you bleeding too? Why didn't you say anything." I went rummaging through the medical kit bandages.... where had all the bandages gone? I couldn't have used that many could I? Oh darn it I'd have to improvise. I looked around for something to use and then it came to me something I remember my dad saying to me. "In an emergency you can always use clothing as a bandage." I tugged at the bottom of my shirt and pulled away a strip of cloth. It left my midriff exposed but right now I had bigger things to worry about. And at least it was a bandage right. Even if it was a makeshift one. I turned to Cassius. "Get your shirt off so i can have a proper look at you."

[08:44] Ferrosol turn on Cassius
[08:44] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[08:44] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8
string/promise/give self

I blushed as it registered what that sounded like. But darn it I was trying to help.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm: 2/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy, Helpless, Idiot

"But I said he stabbed... You know what, never mind." Ginny's not looking down her nose at us anymore, and that's enough for now.

I look Mia in the eyes for a moment, making sure she's paying attention. If she's not following along with the story... this could get complicated. But it shouldn't be hard. Everything's true, except for the part where she wasn't with Atem at the start. When Ginny brings up the doctor, I say, still annoyed over being ignored earlier, "What, do you want us to carry him? Not gonna happen. Just call an ambulance or something. But, I'm not gonna run or anything, if that's what you're thinking. He's the psycho with the knife; we didn't do anything wrong." I look down at Mia and add, "And again, thanks. He might have killed me if it wasn't for you."

It's not true, but the thought was touching. Also, hamming up for Ginny doesn't hurt.

When she offers to help me with the stab wound, I nod as I try to take the shirt off. I end up having to pry one of Mia's arms off me so I can slide it off, with more than a few sharp intakes of breath from the pain of the movement. It's also sort of matted on me. The blood's not really flowing (probably because I don't have a heartbeat), but it's still a really nasty cut.

Giving her what she wants, sticking around and explaining everything.

<capfalcon_work> turn on ginny
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 10+2 = 12

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 14, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Wow he really has been working out! Err I mean yeah that wound was nasty. Strange there wasn't as much blood as I would've expected. I wrapped my shirt-bandage round his wound as tightly as I could and trying not to stare as I did so. I mean it'd be kinda cheating right given that I know Sam was trying to get a date with him. Still focus on what he's saying and not what he looks like.

healing one harm on Cassisus

" I suppose you're right. Sorry I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that it's just I'm not used to people waving bloody knives around." I apologised to both of them. "I've had a bad day and shouldn't have taken it out on you." All I seem to have done today is apologise for my own mistakes. Maybe Sam's right when she jokes about how I shouldn't be let out on my own without a keeper. "But yeah I better call an ambulance or at least let my Dad know what's going on." I said. At least Cassius seemed to be thinking clearly. I reached down for my phone where I'd dropped in all the confusion and watched as a very baffled Buster wagged his tail hopefully waiting for a pat from Mia. "Go on it's ok he won't bite. He's a big old softy and you did save his life." I said encouragingly and it might help her calm down a bit.

I dashed out a quick text to my Dad while they were distracted by the big dumb mutt.

quote:

Hi Dad not in mood for food, dealing with a bit of crisis here, might have to take a friend to hospital managed to hurt himself with a knife. Bandaged him up the way you showed me :) but still need to get him checked over. Gonna go with him to make sure he's ok.

[23:34] Ferrosol manipulating Dad to think things are fine
[23:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[23:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10

There that was true. Well mostly true. Ok a little bit true. But considering I didn't want him to kick up a fuss it would have to do.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
She believes us. Its going to be okay. Cassius is backing me up, Ginny is going with the story and I saved Cassius' live. And the dog's. Haha. Once Cassius has pried my arm off him I slowly pull my gloves off and move it to the dogs head and give it a pat.

As he barks and licks at my fingers, the emotions finally bubble over and I sink down into puddle on the floor, crying to myself in a mixture of relief and tension over what's to come next.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

[quote="Gato" post="459807995"]

poo poo, this isn't... it's not right, is it? "I'm sorry!" It comes out a bit too loud, and I back away from him a bit too quickly. What the gently caress was I doing? I think... I think I've probably always had a crush on him, but what kind of person makes a move on a guy when he's talking about killing himself? Why would I do something that messed up? I'm pretty flustered now, but I do my best to sound natural. "Just... forget I... forget that happened, ok? And yeah, I am going to try. Let's just say I've got some contacts, ok?" Though God knows where I should start.

"As for the Principal... not much either of us can do about that, really. Guess we've gotta hope Kyle stays quiet." It comes out a bit more callous than I was hoping for, but I can't help feeling a bit put out, even under all that well-deserved guilt I'm dealing with. My head's not a pretty place to be right now. It's a pretty close fight between self-loathing and... you know. Frustration. "And, I mean... you did beat the crap out of a guy in a wheelchair. I'm just saying." He had his reasons, but it's still no excuse. Just because I'm helping him doesn't mean I've got to be ok with what he did. "Let's hope we can find you, like, a less destructive way of getting your fix." It feels pretty hollow, like everything I've said. gently caress, why is everything always so messy?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"It's alright, it's fine," I reassure her. Can't let the fact that both of us are apparently kinda attracted to each other get this off track. Easier said than done but it's worth a shot. Wonder what she means by contacts? Do they have somethin' to do with her bathroom lightshow? Hmm. If they can do that then they might be able to actually help, but we'll see. Thankfully we seem to be stickin' to the right conversation now, she seems to have the wrong idea about how my thing works though. I might gently caress up everythin' else but that I can fix.

"It doesn't work like that. I didn't get poo poo from beatin' on him, it's what I did after ya left that did the trick. And before ya ask, I think it's better if I don't tell ya, deniability and all that. But anyway, my thing just likes it more when the chaos hurts people, it doesn't need them to get hurt." There's a couple seconds of quiet before somethin' comes to my mind.

"Speakin' of all this, we should probably make ourselves scarce. So ya don't get dragged into my bullshit y'know? C'mon, if ya can hold tight on I'll give ya a ride home." With that, I turn and start leadin' her to my bike.

(6:34:21 PM) ShootaBoy: (Inadvertantly) Turn On Sophie
(6:34:21 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(6:34:22 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 11+2 = 13
Yay for Strings!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy, Helpless, Idiot

I let out an involuntary grunts as Ginny winds the bandage tight around my waist. She's really pretty strong! She even seems to be handling her dad pretty well, so I ask "So, where's Sam, anyway? Thought she was gonna go home after our date. Though... I'm sorta glad she's not home, since..." I nod over at the unconscious form of Atem to finish my thought, then continue, " And... maybe we should tie him up or something?"

Then, Mia more or less breaks down. It's a bit of a shock, but I try to comfort her a little by rubbing her shoulder while she's sobbing into the dog. While that's happening, though, I let loose the cold, social predator in my brain to try to figure out why the hell the two of them were here in the first place. Why did they even want to kill Ginny's dog? And why was Mia going along with this?

<Capfalcon> Gaze into the abyss
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 7-1 = 6

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: It takes a moment for you to get a response back, which is probably because your dad pulled over before sending it.

quote:

Do you have a way to get him to the hospital right now?
I can hurry home and bring him if needed

How are you going to explain Atem's injuries away? He has a stab wound in his back, that's kind of hard to do on accident. Mia's on the floor, sobbing. Cassius is trying to comfort her. Sam might be home at any moment. What do you do?

Cassius: You look over at the two of them and try to think of what they could have possibly been doing. But instead, you get an odd sensation of feeling...amused. It takes a moment before you realize that it's not your emotion you're feeling. That, and a slight burning sensation from where you bit into yourself earlier clue you in to what's going on - looks like the vampire keeping track of you decided to tune in like you did before. How long have they been watching? You don't know, but they probably know quite a bit about what happened here. What do you do?

This scene, and session, will end once everyone makes one final post about you do for the rest of the night

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

He doesn't want me dragged into his bullshit, he says. Funny how that's turning out, huh? He got a bit uptight when I sorta implied he got off on hurting people. Guess it's the craziness that does it for him, whatever that means... but hurting people is the best sort of crazy, it seems. Convenient. Well, whatever. I don't want to think about this any more, so I don't bring it up again as he walks me to his bike. I probably shouldn't take the lift, what with... you know, everything, but screw it, I'm tired and I just want to go home. And a stupid, pathetic part of me is grateful for the opportunity to hold on tight to his waist and rest my head between his shoulders...

Home. I never thought I'd be so happy to be home. I have Tatsu drop me off at the door. Hopefully my parents will just be grateful I got a lift back, and won't get any stupid ideas. At least I've got the meeting as an excuse, but hell, I don't even really care if they do get any stupid ideas. I just want a long shower, and to do my homework, and watch some lovely TV and go to bed early... but before I do any of that, I send Mia one last text.

quote:

hey, did it work out ok?
you got me worried here...
Ill see you tomorrow right? brand new day :)

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hmm how could I explain the injuries. Well I could tell the truth though I doubt anyone would believe it and that would get Mia into so much trouble. I mean Mia and I aren't exactly BFFs but I don't want her in anymore trouble than she's already in. Hmm I could just say he sat on his knife by mistake. Nah that wouldn't work. I could say someone tried harassing me and then pulled a knife on me and he intervened. But that would make him out to be a hero when he wasn't. No I was probably just better off keeping it simple and saying I didn't know how he got stabbed. It'd be lying but no one would have to know would they....

Oh no I got so wrapped up in my problem and solving the immediate crisis that I forgot about poor Mia. She'd just had to stab her cousin which wasn't good at all. No wonder she was in floods of tears. And I did owe her for saving my dog. I moved over to her and wrapped my arms around her for a hug. "there there it's ok." I said softly as she started sniffling.

[00:18] Ferrosol turn on Mia
[00:18] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8
string/promise/self

"you did the best you could and that's nothing to be ashamed of." I said. "Come on let's see if we can get Adem? was it to a hospital and I'm sure he'll be ok." And I know it's rude and selfish of me but all I could think about in the back of my mind was so much for my nice quiet night of doing homework and watching netflix. Instead I'd have to take some guy I barely knew to the hospital who'd gotten himself stabbed for breaking into my house.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

DARKEST SELF

It takes a few minutes, but eventually the support from Cassius and Ginny is enough to get me through my tears and to start pulling myself back together again. Sniffling still, I wipe my eyes and nose on my sleeve, and give Ginny a weak smile. “th-thanks…” It feels good to have them here, holding me. Like people cared. Especially Ginny right now, her arms around me, making me feel warm and comforted. I give her a hug in return, then use her body for support to sit upright, looking at the two of them a bit more clearly.

Take a string

What are we going to do now? The story was bound to fall apart as soon as Atem woke up and accused me of… well the truth basically. “Atem.” Another sniffle as I look down at his body. “looks like you did a good job…” I look up at Cassius, asking him to take the lead. If it was me I’d just run away.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

After I drop Sophie off I head straight for home. The quicker I get there, the less chance there is of somethin' else blowin' up in my face today. So far it seems to be workin', there are no cars out front when I pull up, looks like I beat them both home. Bike goes away in the garage, I hit the fridge to grab some food, leave a note sayin' I ate and went to bed early, then I'm locked away in my room, and the longest day ever is finally over. Thank gently caress.

Jacket off and thrown across the room. Boots follow. I flop down on my bed and drop a pillow over my head. So let's run through the day, in full. In no real order: almost killed Kyle, got sorta found out by the principal, lost the exchange of threats pretty badly, got found out by Sophie, and found out that both girls I like also kinda sorta like me back. gently caress me that's a lot of poo poo. And just what do I do about that last part?

I mean, I've liked Ginny since forever, so that's basically a dream come true. But it's like a movie or TV or somethin', she's the perfect good girl. All about the environment and non-violence and stuff. I know opposites are supposed to attract, but isn't there some kinda limit? I just dunno.

Then there's Sophie. It's 'cause of her that I even have this date with Ginny, in a kinda roundabout way. There's less of a difference between me and her than there is with Ginny, that's for sure. And she already knows about my whole thing and I guess she still likes me, for some reason. But she's also got freaky stuff of her own, even if I still don't quite believer her when she says she's not a witch.

Really, I shouldn't even be thinkin' about this. It's not safe for either of them to be around me. It's not safe for anyone. I should get on my bike and just go. But...I just don't know.

I really hope tommorrow is less crazy.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy, Helpless, Idiot

I swear, it's all I can do not to laugh. They must have gotten a hell of a show, and well... I'd be laughing too. It was practically slapstick. Still... the idea of being watched, through my own eyes? That's pretty hosed up.

But, I've got more pressing bullshit to worry about. Mia... probably can't go home, so... I don't know yet. But, I've gotten a knack for this thing. While Mia and Ginny hug it out, I'm figuring out my moves for the rest of the night.

Soon enough, I've got a plan. I use the Wright phone to call up a taxi, telling Ginny we're gonna take him to the hospital. This way, she won't have to worry about an ambulance or the police. Then, I steal one of her dad's dirty undershirts from out of the laundry basket. It's not anywhere close to my size, but it's sure to attract less attention than marching around with a bandage on my side and nothing else on my chest. After promising to return it, we leave and wait for the car. I run through the plan with Mia, and Mia just nods along. It'd be nice to get a bit more input, but I'm not pushing my luck anymore.

When the cab arrives, I "help" Atem into the car and tell the cabby that our friend is drunk, and we're taking him home. I stop him near the hospital, get out with Atem, tell the cabby that I'm gonna walk him the rest of the way. Then, I leave an extra 20 with the guy, ask him to not tell our parents, and tell him to bring Mia "home" after I leave, giving her my address.

When I leave the car, I actually do start over the bridge to head towards the hospital, half lugging Atem along with me. Honest. But, I can hear his shallow, steady breathing. I can feel his strong heartbeat. And I can smell his blood. I swallow hard and look around. No one. It's dark, and I'm alone. Before I know it, my fangs have extended, and I'm chowing down on his larynx. No clean bite and lapping up blood. I just tear it out and feast.

Then, all too quickly, the meal is over, and I'm sated. I push the corpse over the rails, and the silence is broken only a second later by the splash. Then, the silence returns, and I'm standing at the middle of the bridge, looking down. I'm shaking. I... I just killed a guy. He's dead. And I don't think he's gonna come back like I did... But, holy poo poo, I feel like I'm flying.

And, you know what? He'd probably just try and kill me later. That little voice in my head assures me that it was basically self defense. Yeah, it's ok.

Really.

So, after cleaning myself up down at the river, I get home to find Mia waiting for me on the curb near my house. No clue how long she's been there, and I don't ask. I've gotten most of the shaking out of my system by that point, so I can straight-faced lie, saying, "I left him outside the hospital where the ambulances roll up. He's probably already been found and is getting treated inside." I look at her and say, "Guess you can't go home like this. You can spend the night here. Come on."

But... of course... the night's not quite over. Jenna leaves her room to go to the bathroom, and she sees Mia and me sneaking into my room. Also, I'm wearing with a shirt that clearly isn't mine. Jesus, I just can't catch a break tonight. I look at her, pleading with her to not bust me. Thankfully, she just rolls her eyes and mouths, "You owe me." I nod and push Mia into my room. Once we're inside, I close and lock my door. Then, I let out and exhausted sigh and fall face first onto my bed. Mia can figure out what she wants to do for sleeping, because at this point, I just don't care. Get in the bed or make a pallet or whatever. As far as I'm concerned, this night is finally loving over.

Surely tomorrow can't suck more than this.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 17, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

DARKEST SELF

I'm more than happy to let Cassius take the lead. He obviously has a plan. In all honestly, I'm still pretty out of it up until the point where I'm sitting on the curb outside of a house, his, I assume. Once there, the cold night air helps to get me thinking again. God. This is such a loving disaster. We took care of Atem, I guess, but I definitely, definitely, can't go home again. Can't ever go home.

Slowly, I remember my phone, and pull it out to see a series of messages from Sophie. Is it raining? I blink at my phone, and it takes a minute before I realize the water on it is me crying again. I wipe my eyes on my other sleeve, and let out a long sigh and barely manage a smile. Sophie cares.

@Sophie posted:

didnt have to do it
night turned into clusterfuck
sorry for long silence
can tell you more tomorrow
afterschool

Then I put it away, and let out a long sigh, staring up at the stars until Cassius gets back. His sister saw us sneaking in, but he doesn't seem worried, so I'm not. Once inside his room, he collapses onto his bed, and I stand there for a moment, before walking over and sitting down on the edge, next to him and rest a hand on his shoulder. It feels good to touch him like this. "Cassius... thank you." I hesitate, trying to find the right words, "for... everything tonight." Eventually he fell asleep, and in the end, I climbed onto the bed next to him, listening to the sound of him breathing until I fell asleep as well.

Can I clear Outsider for feeling supported and having friends in Sophie/Cassius?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Monday was a pretty crazy day for everyone. But it looks like other things have been going on - it didn't take long for news to spread about Kyle nearly being beaten to death and then rolled out into the football field where a player broke his leg. In addition, Mia and Atem have both been reported missing. The police were at the school the past two days trying to figure out what went on, but it's pretty clear they're at a loss at the moment.

It's Thursday. School's out for now. You've got the rest of the day to do whatever. At least, some of you do.

Tatsuya: You're doing all right so far - guess Kyle hasn't or is unable to tell the police anything. The principal knows though - you've caught him looking at you whenever he passes by. You think you can fix this before things go bad? One good bit of news is that you felt a sensation similar to what happened in the bathroom on Monday. Bright spots started on your face and flew off, the loud alarm sound slowly receding into softness...looks like whatever she did wasn't permanent. What do you think about that?

Meanwhile, how are you planning on attending the party tomorrow? Meeting with Penny might be a good idea, but looks like that's going to be put on hold. Tyler and Kevin show up and motion for you to sit at a nearby table. "Got some interesting pictures on Monday," Kevin says smugly. Tyler adds in "And we're not in wheelchairs, it's the both of us against you, and our phones aren't the only place those pictures are at. You know. Before you try something." Do you want to talk to them about this? You know they're kind of scummy guys - you're not going to like what they'll ask of you. What do you do?

Lamia: How have you been avoiding getting found by your family? Or anyone else, especially while hiding in Cassius's place? His sister saw you when you first came in, but so far it seems like she hasn't realized who it actually was she saw. How have you been spending your time?

You've gotten text messages from your family. At first they were asking where you were. They've gotten a lot more desperate sounding. Seems like they really want you back home. Thing is, they're asking both you and Atem to come home. Shouldn't they know Atem is in the hospital? What do you think is going on there and do you plan to do anything about it?

Cassius: How have you been keeping Mia hidden? She told you her family wanted to kill Ginny's dog as some kind of bizarre way to scare the police into leaving them alone in their bid to gain power - how long are you willing to risk keeping her hidden from them What do you think might happen if they find out you killed Atem? You might have a lucky break there. Yesterday, there was another note in your locker. This one was a lot simpler and to the point:

quote:

Be more careful about hiding bodies

Atem's still reported as missing, but looks like your vampire stalker helped you out with it. How do you feel about that? Anyway, Penny comes up to you. "Hey Cassius," she says. "Hate to do this the day before the party, but Sam said a couple days ago that Tatsu is apparently planning to crash the party? Is this true?" She doesn't look happy about that. What do you do?

Sophie: It seems you had a bit of a lucky break these past two days - Atem isn't around and his two friends were most likely waiting until the police go away before they try anything. Still, Mia's also been gone and you know Tatsuya was behind what happened. In addition, Taylor sent you a text this morning:

quote:

be careful around T - the magic in your phone isn't as good as actual magic users
so it's probably worn off by now

That's not great. Meanwhile, your friend Jim is talking about you going to Ginny's meetings. "So you're into the whole environment thing? How's that going?" What do you do?

Virginia: What do you think about what went on? Kyle was a jerk, but did he deserve what happened? What about the player whose leg got broken? Is this any of your business or are you going to let the police try to handle it? There's also your plan of a peaceful protest - any ideas on where to have it?

Meanwhile, both Mia and Atem are missing. Didn't Cassius take Atem to the hospital? Are you going to deal with that as well?

Tatsuya highlight Sophie
Lamia highlight Virginia
Cassius highlight Tatsuya
Sophie highlight Lamia
Virginia highlight Cassius

If you roll before you get a highlight, you can retroactively add XP if you used it

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So I'm basically hosed. Principal knows, even if he can't prove it, so unless somethin' huge happens I'm pretty much livin' on borrowed time. Well, not livin', but ya get the idea. At least I can punch people again I guess? That'll be helpful when the angry mob comes for my head. Hmm. I wonder how getting decapitated would work? No, that's not important right now! Right now I've got other things to deal with.

Things like these two chucklefucks. Grade A scumbags, both of 'em. I knew they hung around with that sunglasses weirdo, but it makes sense they'd know Kyle too. Oh wow, are they really trying to threaten me? I'd laugh if I still had emotions. Well actually, if I still had emotions this would actually be a real threat, 'cause I'd actually be able to die and stuff. Unfortunately for them, I'm gonna have to flee town sooner rather than later, so I don't have too much incentive to play nice anymore. I'm going to for now though, lucky them. So I'm gonna hear them out. For now.

Both of them are sittin' with their legs under the table, rookie mistake. If I wasn't in a talkin' mood neither of them could easily get up. So I sit with my legs outside the bench, leanin' on the table. Disrespect and readiness in one convenient package. "Stop wastin' my time and get to the fuckin' point."

Sophie highlight Hot. I'm also gonna say that a few days of relative peace has cleared Fidgety.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 23, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: School Conditions: Judgemental

What a week! After all the excitement of Monday and beyond I didn't think things would ever calm down. I still can't believe someone beat up poor Kyle like that. I mean he's a horrible nasty person but it would have to take someone who's a complete monster to beat up a cripple like that. I hope the police catch whoever was responsible for that soon before they do it to someone else. And I totally feel sorry for what's his name from the football team who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and got his leg broken. I hope it doesn't cost him anything sports wise. Still just because I'm the daughter of a cop doesn't mean I have to Sherlock Holmes everything up myself so I think someone else can chase that one.

Especially considering I'm after bigger prey. Cassius. He kind of scares me. I mean he got stabbed and just shrugged it off like it was nothing. And then he was the last person I saw with Mia and Atem both of whom haven't been seen by anyone else since. Did he do something to them. I dunno have them chained up in his basement or something or even worse to hurt them. And just to make this even more messy he's dating my sister! This is great, just great. I should say something to the police but I don't have any proof of anything and if I try and say something and it gets back to Sam she'd accuse me of being nasty just because I didn't like her date. I can't say I blame her for that I'd be upset if someone was trying to stop me from doing what I want with who I want. Hmm I'm going to have to be subtle. I'm not good at subtle. Maybe I can get Tatsu to help somehow.... but I doubt he's good at subtle either. I'll have to think about what I can do about that.

Still all this time worrying hasn't gone totally to waste to distract myself from everything I got super into this peaceful protest plan and I came up with a great idea. I'm gonna get as many kids as possible to picket city hall on Saturday. Probably about lunch time would be best since everyone will likely need time to sober up from the wild party on Friday night. And that's where part two of my totally evil plot kicks in. I'm going to spend the entire party trying to recruit as many people as possible. I'm hoping that asking people in front of their dates and their friends will make them more embarrassed and more likely to sign up because peer pressure is awesome.

Speaking of the party I better make sure I've got an invite. I know Tatsu said he was going to sort it but he's been avoiding me all week like he's afraid that if I talk to him I'll change my mind or something. As if. Still I better get on it right now. And look there's Penny right now talking to Cassius... I better go over and talk to her and make sure he's not trying to steal her for his secret underground dungeon or something and also make sure I get us a party invite. "Cassius." I said non-committally before turning to my real target "Umm--listen Penny I know it's late and all but I was wondering is it ok if I go to your party? Oh and you don't mind if I bring a date do you?" please say yes please say yes!

[23:07] Ferrosol Getting a party invite
[23:07] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[23:07] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10

Cassius Highlight Cold

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2 Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy, Helpless, Idiot

The week got quieter, but not any better. I've stumbled through it more or less in a daze. I killed someone, and I'm hiding the cousin of the person I killed in my room. And... I guess I might owe my stalker? No way that's gonna bite me in the rear end. But, as far as finding the body, they were probably cheating, anyway. They knew what was going on and probably followed me. And maybe they'll bug me less knowing that I drank someone's blood.

They weren't kidding, though. That was an amazing feeling. I couldn't have known what it would be like. There's nothing to com...

Jesus, I killed someone, and I'm going on about how awesome it felt. Maybe... I don't know. It's not like I can talk to anyone about any of this.

That distracting thought aside, I cast my mind back to the problem that I've been trying to solve all week while I walk straight home. Since I just want to get home quickly enough to make sure that I can get Mia something to eat and hole up in my room for another awkward night, I haven't made any other plans this week. I guess she probably leaves the room during the day when the house is empty. I mean, she's at least washing the clothes she's wearing and taking showers, because she doesn't stink. But, I can only tell my parents I'm holing up in my room to finish a paper for so many days. But, I can't figure out what else to do! I want her gone, yesterday, if only because the longer she's gone, the more questions are going to be asked when she pops up. But, if her family is crazy enough to try and kill a cop's dog to send a message, there's no way I want them to think that I had anything to do with Mia and Atem. And it's not like she can stick around in my room forever. As I leave school, I'm wracking my brain, trying to figure out what to do to fix my problem named Mia.

Which means that I don't have the good sense to think of anything clever to say when Penny confronts me about Tatsu. I just look at her blankly and say, "Um... yeah? Last I heard, anyway. But, that was Monday. Haven't really talked to him much this week." Then, I have a lightbulb go off in my head. Penny... might just be my way out of this crazy mess with Mia. She lives on her own and if Mia's too scared to go home, she can maybe stay there! After all, Penny's got plenty of room! As Virginia walks up, I say, "But, I actually had something else I wanted to talk to you about. It's sort of about the party."

And then Ginny jumps in and tries to get an invite to the party for her and a "date." Which anyone with half a brain should think is Tatsu. She couldn't have picked a worse time, but I'm not gonna butt in right now. After all, I think Virginia's suspicious about me, so the less words said around her, the better.

Tatsu's been pretty volatile lately. Hope he can keep it under wraps

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

It's been a pretty chill couple of days, almost an anticlimax after all the drama on Monday. That doesn't mean I haven't had loads to stress out about. Even though she told me we'd catch up after school, Mia's been completely AWOL, and while I know she's alive she won't tell me where she's at. From what the police and everyone's been saying, it sounds like she had some massive bust-up with her family, but I don't quite see why she'd have to keep away from school, or not tell anyone where she's living. Are her family really that bad?

I shoot her a text because hey why not, but I'm not expecting much of an answer.

quote:

mia this is mission control
you still alive?
optional: wth is going on

I make smalltalk with Jim as I head away from school. It's nice to have someone normal around to talk to. "The environment stuff? Yeah, I didn't know what to expect, but I think I might actually be kinda into it? Hard not to be, when you know what's going on." It's not even a lie, either. Talk about becoming the mask, huh? "I mean, a lot of that's Ginny, 'cause, like, we don't exactly do much... but she makes you feel like you're part of something important." Might as well keep fishing while I'm at it. "I barely know what she's like outside the campaign stuff, though. You reckon she's got, like, a life?" The girl is a drat cipher as far as I can see. Of course, I haven't been getting too close, not with the whole Tatsu mess hanging over my head...

... speak of the devil. Tatsu's over there, squaring off with everyone's favorite meatheads. No sign of their boss, though - he's vanished as well. God, I hope they haven't eloped. Eww. I never want to think about that again. Anyway. Jim and I keep our distance from the possibly imminent showdown, but I can't help slowing down to watch. Bad news? What's that?

I'm going to go ahead and clear Terrified since Sophie's had some time to chill out. Also, Mia highlight Hot.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Psycho
DARKEST SELF

Ha. Ha.

I’m sitting on the floor of Cassius’ bedroom with my back against his bed, staring at my phone, or possibly the wall across the room from me, or the air between here and there. Staring at anything, or really, nothing. Only one clear thought is running across my head, as it has been everyday since then.

What am I going to do?

The messages from home are making this so much worse. If they’d been angry, demanding to know why I stabbed Atem, or even why I let him get stabbed by someone else, why he was in the hospital and I wasn’t there, or anything like that, I could have handled it. Just not responded, stolen some money from Cassius’ house and gotten on a bus away from here. Or told the police and get in child protection or something.

But they aren’t. They want me back, and for some reason, they want Atem back? They should have Atem by now… Unless the police arrested him at the hospital and never told my family? That might be even worse, because then the police will be looking for me as well, they’d know what I did, that I stabbed Atem. Broke into Ginny’s house. I can’t go to them for help either.

As much as part of me wants to never go back home, to the place where they made me try and kill a dog all for … practically nothing … it is home. Will they understand? No, no they won’t. How could they? I betrayed them and stabbed Atem. No. Can’t go back. Can’t. Time passes, the same pattern of thought running through my head, over and over, looping.

And then Sophie’s text arrives, jolting me out of it just a little. I can talk to Sophie. She’ll understand. She can help. She has to be able to. She’s my friend. That’s what friends do.

@Sophie posted:

can you meet me at the old gold mine in twenty minutes?
will explain everything

Had to be somewhere no one would be around to see me, and the gold mine was the first place I could think of.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Tatsuya: "We are," Kevin says, but you can see he's a little surprised at how you don't seem concerned at all. Tyler speaks up after him.

"Well fine then. I want to get back at Sophie for loving biting me in the neck on Monday." He points to his neck, but there's not really anything there. "Help us with that and you won't have to worry about the messages you sent being discovered by the police. Come on, this kind of thing is right up your alley. Don't make this hard for no reason." They apparently think you'll have no qualms doing this kind of thing. What do you do?

Sophie: "Dunno. Never really see her outside of school much. I guess she might now since her and Tatsu are a thing apparently? Anyway, you going to one of those meeting today? Because I was thinking we could hang out at - " He stops as you slow down and looks at what's going on.

You can see Tatsu and the other two talking to each other, but you and Jim are too far off to really hear anything. But Tyler points at his neck right where you bit him on Monday so it might not be too hard to guess what they're talking about. What do you do?

Cassius: "Well, funny you say that because so do - " She gets interrupted by Ginny coming in. "Oh, hold on a minute." She starts talking to Ginny. But based on what she was about to say, that conversation with Sam on Monday, and her apparent dislike of Tatsu...well, it probably has to do with him. Have you ever seen Penny dislike someone this much before?

Virginia: She listens to your request and smiles. "Of course! Sure, you can come." There's a pause, the kind that happens when the person is trying to be really careful about what to say next. "So is your date Tatsu? Because...I want this party to go well. And he can be a handful. As I'm sure you know. It's just that I don't want the police to get called, you know? If you want to come by yourself? Fine. No problem. Tatsu? I don't know. Sorry." Well, you got the invitation. Seems that Penny doesn't really want Tatsu there though. What do you do?

You need to give Penny some reason to allow Tatsuya to go to the party

Lamia: As you finish sending the text to Sophie, you hear the front door open and close. Then footsteps come up the stairs and start heading towards Cassius's room. What do you do?

Tatsuya highlight Hot
Lamia highlight Volatile
Cassius highlight Dark
Sophie highlight Dark
Virginia highlight Integrity

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

This is another of those times I'm real thankful for this poker face. The fact that these two dipshits think I'd have no issues wailin' on a girl makes me wanna hop this table and see if I can fit Kevin's head up Tyler's rear end before one of them dies. I almost do it to, but then I catch sight of Sophie. Shithead and Asshat are too busy eyeballin' me to notice her thankfully, but it seems like she's noticed them. That gives me an idea. I lock eyes with her for a second, tryin' to give her a look that says 'we've got problems' before I turn my attention back.

"Fine. I deal with it." I stand up, turn around to properly face them, put both hands on the table, and lean in towards them. "But ya only get this one time." My voice drops to a sorta loud whisper. "If you two ever try to threaten me again with just two guys..."

(12:56:51 PM) ShootaBoy: Shut Down Scumbags
(12:56:51 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(12:56:52 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 4+2 = 6
(12:56:56 PM) ShootaBoy: sigh
(12:56:58 PM) Ferrosol: hahhaha
(12:56:58 PM) Rauri-phone: Ouch

I trail off as I flashback to what I'd've done to Kyle if Sophie hadn't shown up. "Forget it, ya ain't worth it. Just stay outta my way."

I leave them to do whatever it is shitfucks like them do in their free time and head off down the hall. I take the first right turn that comes up and pull out my phone.

text to Sophie posted:

need 2 talk. first right in hall. be easier if u ditch pal.
With that sent, I start to work more on this plan of mine. gently caress them and their pictures, I ain't got long here anyway if Mills isn't dealt with. So my work in progress plan is to see if Sophie can't help with Mills, and then we deal with Kevin and Tyler. I really hope Sophie shows up, I'm poo poo at planning things.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2 Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Nosy, Helpless, Idiot

Penny's actually got a few nasty grudges, but they all at least make sense. I'd say that she dislikes Susan and Atem more than Tatsu, and apparently she's really got it out for Tatsu. A distant, distant fourth was Kyle, due to general jackassery, but... sounds like he's not going to be bothering anyone else anytime soon. Atem... well, Atem was apparently a psycho nutcase, so he must have done something really gross and rude while he was still around. Susan apparently tried to get her shunned from "cool" company over some insult that only girls would even notice, much less care about.

Ok, maybe I was a bit generous with that "they all make sense."

Still, it's harsh watching Virginia get shot down. She may have been on my case this week, but she's really too sweet. So, while Penny's busy laying down the law, I wince and then give her a sympathetic smile over Penny's shoulder. Like I said before, I like Tatsu and all, but after Monday, I think that Penny's got a point. Especially since half the school thinks that Tatsu is the one who almost killed Kyle. So, for now, I just lean back against the wall, brush a bit of hair out of my face, and then wait to see what she does.

<capfalcon_work> Turn on Virginia
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 8+2 = 10

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Tatsuya: "Hey, hold on!" You hear them following you. "We're gonna do it now so let's wait at the front of the school." Tyler notices you have your phone out though and narrows his eyes. "Who you talking to, Tatsu?" What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: School Conditions: Judgemental

That's great and I can go and... oh darn it, Does everyone in the school know about my date? I mean it's not like I've been hiding it but I'm not keen on having everyone in the school gossiping about me. Umm think Ginny, I glanced over Penny's shoulder to see Cassius openly grinning at me, with a smile like that you could almost forget he was some sort of crazy kidnapper or something. It made him look really cute.... still focus Ginny. "Sorry I zoned out a bit there. Listen. I promise you Tatsu isn't as bad as people make him out to be. He's really quite nice once you get to know him better." I could see her looking slightly sceptical. "Listen I promise I'll make sure he's on his absolute best behaviour and doesn't cause any trouble with anyone." He'd better be otherwise he and I would have to have words. Words like I don't want anything to do with you. This party was important to me and he was too and I wanted to enjoy both of them together. Is that too selfish a thing to ask. "I'm not sure how much more I can do." I asked pleadingly clutching at her arm and looked into her eyes.

[00:25] Ferrosol turn on Penny
[00:25] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:25] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10

gaining a string on her

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions:

poo poo. I stop and turn to face them. "I'm textin' my date for tomorrow, y'know 'cause I can get one without beatin' her up first. Workin' out when she wants me to pick her up." gently caress this is going tits up way faster than I planned for. I gotta ditch these two ASAP, or this is gonna get ugly fast. Then it hits me.

"No. I am gonna do this. Alone and on my terms. Or do I need to remind you stupid idiots that you already hosed this up once, even though there are two of you and she's one fuckin' girl? If you want this done right, then you let it be my fuckin' show." I got one shot here, or this gets bloody. Here goes nothing.

(5:28:57 PM) ShootaBoy: Manipulate Scumbags
(5:28:57 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6-1
(5:28:58 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 4-1 = 3
Welp. At least I get XP.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 4+1/5 Conditions:

Mia actually wants to explain what's going on? Man, talk about coming in from the cold. I'm regretting coming this way now, since I doubt Tweedledum and Tweedledumber will let me waltz on past, but I should really start heading for the rendezvous.

quote:

got some poo poo kicking off but will be there asap

As soon as I hit 'send' another text comes in from Tatsu. I watch as he turns away from the table, only for Tyler to stand up and get in his way. He gives me this look that says poo poo is going down, and I'm pretty sure he wants me to stay out of it. So the smart thing would be to walk away and wait where he wants me to, since I don't think they've seen me yet... but that's becoming less likely by the second, and I don't like the idea of leaving Tatsu alone with those guys, especially since I'm not sure if the spell's worn off yet like Taylor said it would. I don't want anyone getting curbstomped if I can help it.

I turn to Jim, who just looks confused. "So, uh... I've got some beef with Kevin. You might have heard about it?" Ok, I think I'm working out how I want to do this. "I'm gonna go try and sort this out before it, like, gets out of hand..." Step (1): olive branch. If (1) unsuccessful, (2) let them take their best shot with Tatsu in my corner. If (2) unsuccessful... run, I guess. "You might not want to get involved." I'm not going to push it any further with Jim, in case he tries to go all white knight, but another witness wouldn't hurt.

Without waiting for his answer, I stride over to the table of doom. "Hey guys! My ears are burning. Kevin, I'm sorry about the neck biting thing, but, you know, my back was literally to the wall." Should I really have reminded him about that? "Look, Atem's gone off God knows where, I've got nothing against you guys and I know you wouldn't beat up a girl just because, so... can we be cool for now?"

Manipulate Kevin (and Tyler): 2d6+0 5
CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE
... experience for Hot, at least, which brings me to an advance. I'll post in the OOC thread when I decide what it is.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience: 5/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Psycho
DARKEST SELF

Someone's home early from the sound of it. I switch my phone to silent and sink further against the bed, preparing to be dead quite for the rest of the day, just like the last few days I've been here. But the foot steps are heading right towards this room, and it's too early for Cassius to be back from school! Oh poo poo, oh poo poo. His mom coming to clean his room or something? What should I do now? I could hide under the bed, but if whoever it is is cleaning, then they'll probably look under it!

I look around the room for another place to hide, but I don't see anything helpful until my eyes hit on the window. We're on the second story, so I can't just jump out of it, but there is a tree, and I'd opened it earlier to let some air in, so all I'd have to do is push the screen open, jump out shove it back and slide down the tree. Then I can go meet Sophie and she'll fix everything.

<godfist> run away
<godfist> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfist, 6-1 = 5
<godfist> oh good
exp for vol, at least

Or, that's what I try to do, anyway.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: Penny looks back at you. "Well...if you're so sure about this, and you're going to keep an eye on him...then I suppose I could let him come. He might just crash the party if I don't let him in anyway apparently. But I'm counting on you to make sure he doesn't do anything." She might not say it out loud, but you can tell she'll probably hold it against you if Tatsu does do something. But you did get him in the party at least. What do you do?

Cassius: While the two of them are talking, you get a text from Jason:

quote:

so on monday mia said we'd hang out
i think she was trying to get me to go with her or something
but she was also talking about getting sophie and tony together
anyway what's the plan now?

What do you do?

Tatsuya: "Yeah you just beat up other people for her," Kevin says in an attempt to be witty.

Tyler just shakes his head. "No. We're going to make sure it's done right by being there with you." He takes another look at your phone. "And that you don't try anything."

Tyler takes a String on you

Then Sophie walks up to the three of you. "Oh wait, here she is. Come on then." What do you do?

Sophie: Tyler doesn't even bother to answer, he just hits you in the face and then pulls you right in between him and Tatsu. "Thanks for saving us the time of tracking you down."

Take 1 Harm

It also looks like Jim didn't listen and came with you. Kevin grabs him. What do you do?

Lamia: As you attempt to jump out onto the tree, you slip on the ledge. The good news is you fall back into Cassius's room instead of falling out the other way. The bad news is that the door opens and Cassius's older sister, Jenna, sees you lying on the floor of her brother's bedroom.

"Hey...you're that girl that went missing! Care to explain what the hell you're doing in my house?" What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions:

gently caress. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress fuckity gently caress gently caress! Well so much for milkin' one more day so I could go to the party. gently caress me, really, for darin' to try and enjoy somethin' that I've wanted for fuckin' years. What was I thinking? I'm not allowed to be happy! Fine! Fuckin' fine! I'll stick to the only thing I'm allowed to! Let's start with Tyler!

(10:59:31 PM) ShootaBoy: Lash Out at Tyler
(10:59:31 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(10:59:31 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 6+2 = 8
Dealing 1 Harm and Tyler can deal 1 back, if he wants. Also marking XP for Volatile.

I shove Sophie out of the way, grab Tyler by the shoulders and send my knee into it's new home between his legs at max speed. No muss, no fuss, just one two gently caress you! Hopefully Sophie will run, I'll be fine, nothin' these shitstains have scares me. I was already stayin' here on borrowed time, at least now I'll be someone's hero when I get run off.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 29, 2016

• Locked thread