Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

One place left to go. One day until the trial!

Wait, there's a note on the door. Ahem. "The magnificent and marvelous artist, Monsieur Robittio de Robinio, is currently out on an artistic expedition. He shall return when his muse sees fit."
"When his muse sees fit?" What does that even mean?
I think it means that he is a pretentious bird-brain. But in any case, the artist seems to be out. What shall we do now?
Hmm.

We should knock anyway.
Alright. I don't see the harm.
Nope. It doesn't look like he's in, Falcon.

We should... we should break in.
WHAT?! Are you serious?!
...Maybe?
Monseiur Jayjay Falcon, I would have thought that a man of justice like yourself would be against such reckless displays of unlawful barbarism!
You're right. I'm sorry. I don't know what came over -
It's a brilliant suggestion. Stand back, I'm barging the door down.
Wait, just like that?! Shouldn't we discuss this first?!

You said you wanted to break in!
I thought we could find an open window. I didn't think you would turn into a bird-sized cannonball! Well, now that we're here we ought to make the most of it. This place is quite something. It's very...
Swanky?
I was going to say "ostentatious."
That's just swanky talk for swanky.
We don't have time for this. The sound of a door being smashed in could be drawing unwanted attention. We should find anything that may help our case, and get out.

Lotta stuff to poke at in here.

A picture of a sailing ship on a windy day.

A lighthouse? No, wait, it's a man in a top hat. Actually, if I squint and turn my head sideways...
It's a black smudge, Falcon.

This is a tiny photograph of what appears to be a jail cell.
That reminds me... how illegal is this? You know, breaking and entering. Rifling through a person's belongings...
Uh...

It's okay. A recently passed amendment allows for proportionate amounts of property damage in the pursuit of criminal evidence.
I don't think that's correct, but your use of legal jargon makes me have faith in your credentials.
It sounds like you're starting to learn the finer points of the French justice system, Sparrowson.

This is a picture of a fence.
It's a fencey photograph. It leaves the viewer defenseless. Out of all the pictures here, I would picket as my favorite. Okay, I'm done. No more fence puns.

A butterfly. Or maybe a moth. It's difficult to tell in black and white.

This is a photograph of a castle somewhere in the countryside.
You know, I once had an uncle who once fell off a castle rampart while on guard duty.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Did he die?
No. He got de-moat-ed.
Ugh. Terrible.

This appears to be a photograph of a ladder. Symbolic of climbing towards success, perhaps?
It looks more like a step-ladder to me.
Oh, no. We're not getting into that old argument.

A beautiful picture of the Paris skyline. Given the angle, this must have been taken from Notre-Dame cathedral itself.

I see a finely-dressed dandy fellow upon a horse.

I see paints, inks, dyes... I'm not quite sure what the clear liquid in this bottle is.
I could taste-test it.
You could. But we don't have time for a hospital visit right now. So let's not.

I see a bourgeois tigress in profile.

Hey, Falcon! Look!
What? It's just an easel.
No, no, look at what's on the easel!

There's no question about it. I see a housemaid... Dame Caterline... and I think that's Seigneur Purrtoir, Caterline's father.
So what shall we do? Do we just... take this?

No, no. That would be a big mistake. Every half-competent lawyer knows that stolen property can't be used as evidence. Still, we've learned some valuable information by seeing this photograph in person.
I suppose so. Is there anything else we need to do here?
I think we're done snooping. Let's get out of here before we draw further attention to ourselves.
Sounds good to me.

Oh mon Dieu! What happened to my door?!
Uh...

Well, Monsieur Robinio, it's like this. You see, we are attorneys who have been hired for the purpose of -
RAVEN! A raven did it! We saw the whole thing!
(What are you doing, Sparrowson? I've got this.)
(I'm not going to jail because your conscience is acting up!)
(Nobody's going to jail. Just... take it easy.)
Ugh. drat ravens. They're always after our shiny objects, am I right?
Y-yeah. That's right.
Let's make a move. Trial day is approaching fast.
Right. Let's go.

That was productive!

At last, it's trial day.

Are you nervous, Falcon?

Nope. We've got this case in the bag. Look at my feathers. See? Totally unruffled.
Wow! Well, at least one of us is feeling confident.

Is there anything you need me to do?
No, no. We've got a handle on things.
Falcon was just telling me how confident he was feeling about the case.
That's wonderful! I just know you two will pull through.
Let's move it along, fellas.
Ah, I'll be watching from inside! Do your best for me, Monsieur Falcon!
We will!

Yeah. We're ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread