Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ProfessorProf posted:

Well, surely you're not suggesting that the honest and beloved baron Rorgueil deliberately tried to frame Dame Caterline? Because that would be the most outlandish theory yet. The baron is a pillar of our community! He would never do such a thing.
Monsieur Rabbington, I'm not here to throw accusations. That's the job of you, the prosecutor.

Oh, burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

Fortunately as Falcon explained, he still has an out in that he didn't prove anything. Unfortunately since he himself spun everything together he has the upward battle of fighting against himself without discrediting himself in the process :v:

I don't see a problem. A lawyer presents his client's case, not his own personal opinions. If Monsieur Falcon was to be hired by the Baron to present a defence then it would be his simple ethical duty to present a case for the Baron's innocence - the fact that he has previously made other statements is irrelevant as he was then acting for a different client.

(In the adversarial legal system a lawyer's duty is not to the truth but to his or her client. As long as the lawyer doesn't actually lie or knowingly assist his client in doing so then everything is kosher)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ProfessorProf posted:

He's super mad. But hey, a criminal's a criminal, right? If the lion didn't want a death sentence, he probably shouldn't have killed a guy. Oh, you're not here to defend him, are ya? Because that would be hilarious.

That would be hilarious. I think Falcon should do it. I mean, he's already familiar with the case. He should be able to whip up a defence without even leaving the office.
(Step 1 of which is 'Do not let the Baron speak in court under any circumstances")

Oh and Mr Fox is so not a prince. Except that's too obvious, so he probably is.

• Locked thread