Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Blastinus posted:

I'd be amazed to see the GCPD emergency response manual, considering how quickly they got that bus convoy readied and shuttling out citizens. I know that they needed to clear the streets of innocent bystanders so Batman isn't going around running over people, but come on! 6 million people in less than a day?

I bet waynetech was involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Omobono posted:

The Knight is totally a Robin, isn't he? Of the three Robins, my money is on Jason Todd, 'cause I don't see Tim Drake pulling this poo poo and Dick Grayson is unwinding from the years of being Robim by being Nightwing.

I cant imagine anyone else it could be. If justice league is a thing in this version it could be someone from there but i cant think of anyone except Guy Gardner who hates him this much.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Pictured: Batman holding a man who is most definitely alive, as evidenced by all the blood

If he is still bleeding he is still alive :colbert:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
so what youre saying is that they should have had alfred get taken hostage AGAIN or robin get taken hostage AGAIN instead.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Neither Alfred nor Robin have ever been taken hostage before in the Arkham series. The closest thing was Bane injuring Alfred in Origins.

I actually remembered wrong and in the arkham city one batman got taken hostage and not robin. In arkham origin dlc im pretty sure Alfred got taken hostage for a while by penguin. Of course in comics these have happened a million times.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
if oracle has to come down and fight in a wheelchair i demand alfred comes too. infact screw oracle i want to see alfred kill some criminals with his blunderbuss.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Actually her OH poo poo face just before the fadeout when you pick the wrong key is pretty good. Shame they didn't animate the headsplosion but they'd probably realize people like me would pick wrong keys again...
...and again...
...and again just to see it happen.
...Am I crazy or is that the Predator? Is there any fictional character Batman hasn't beaten into submission yet?

I think Judge Dredd beat him up every time they met. In fact one of the stories Judge Dredd decided to travel back in time to just beat up batman until batmans life was saved.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 18, 2016

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think at some point in the comics they tried to give joker the death penalty but batman stopped it. I think the explanation why nobody gets the death penalty is that most Arkham villains are either really insane or they can bribe the judges to get an insanity plead or something lesser. Plus the court probably doesent respect the police enough to protect them from getting murdered if they give a death penalty to some mobster.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
if the riddler didnt kidnap catwoman or someone else batman would just ignore him because he has better things to do. in arkham city riddler kidpanpped some police officers to motivate batman too. only reason there isnt a timer to solve all the riddles is because i doupt anyone wants to deal with a timer in a game like this.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i doupt the riddlers patient enough to wait for batman to come solve his riddles on batmans spare time.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Have you seen the Arkham City LP? That's basically exactly what he does.

i think i already said 99% of people would probably hate to have a timer on all the riddler things. do you really want a timer for the kidnapping to make sense? please dont tell me youre that 1%. youre "supposed" to be on a strict timer for most of these missions but since this is a game and people hate being in a hurry to do things so theres no timer. basically the entire plot is the whole city has turned to hell and batman has only one night to fix it all. but in practice we have all the time we need since this is a game. riddlers kidnappins make perfect sense if you consider the fact that batman is in a hurry and riddler doesent want to wait.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I find it funny a court that cant convict criminals properly would convict a cop who shoots a mass murderer with the maximum possible sentence possible.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
In arkham city Ra wanted Batman to kill him. So if you destroy the machine Ra gets to iceburn Batman which is a fate worse than death for Batman.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Tendales posted:

BTAS Batman is basically Dexter.

BTAS batman is basically a massive dick. I think the best example of this is in the prequel comic to batman beyond. (comic spoilers, read if you dont care and want to subject yourelf to a dump comic plot)Barbara is pregnant with Batmans child while she was still dating Dick. Instead of letting Barbara go tell Dick about it herself, Batman rushes to Dick and tells the news himself. This was apparently the reason they all broke up and it lead to batman beyond. Because batman couldnt help being batman even in his own private life.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was morphine mixed with some coagulants.

If thats the case you have to wonder if Batmans addicted to morphine yet.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Do they ever say how the gas works? What kind of gas goes through every possible gas mask type?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah most billionaires seem to either be secretly heroes or evil in the DC universe.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i care about the story more and i like the joker in this so this is good to me.
edit: also yeah, if it had been robin instead id have had a long laugh. robin dying again? batman maybe you shouldnt bring children to your crusade against crime.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 28, 2016

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The whole batman turning into joker because of the fear gas thing reminded me of Batman of Zur-En-Arrh. Turns out the game has a DLC costume for it. I guess the similarities this story has to it are intentional. :allears:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So why does Batman want Ryder to leave the police station? I think at this point it's way too dangerous for him to leave the city and he doesn't have a Batcave of his own to go to. Where else is he supposed to go that won't get broken into, gassed, or firebombed?

Also, Ryder is a total dick. He didn't seem that bad in City, but I wish that there was a prompt to punch him in the face in this game.

If youre talking about the Bruce Wayne comment, itd be kind of hypocritical to punch Ryder for it. Bruce Wayne is intentionally giving that kind of impression of himself to the public. :v:
If Batman had a sense of humor he'd probably giggling to himself at how perfectly his disguise is working.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think in some comic versions Bruce has publically come out and admitted he funds batman with his tools.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I dont think Poison Ivy is insane in most batman settings.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Crigit posted:

Isn't she usually written as wanting to exterminate the entire human race?

She is usually an eco terrorist at worst. Its not much of an insanity plead in court.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think crocs body changing is a refrence to the fact that comic books cant decide what croc looks like. Also they cant decide if he is a unrepentant killer or a brute with a heart of gold.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
It just occured to me that according to this game batmans greatest fear is turning into someone with a sense of humor.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

J.theYellow posted:

It makes sense gameplay-wise, but you'd think the militia would have access to guns before any other sillybuggers weaponry and specialty soldiers. When Batman goes back into the GCPD garage and the dudes immediately see him, he could have got mown down, no problem. Instead it's just, OK this guy has been kicking everyone's asses all night, we can totally take him with two shields and two stun sticks, and BURNING PASSION FISTS.

Even worse when you consider the fact that everyone in GCPD has a gun. They are attacking police headquarters with stun batons and fists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Captian Nuke posted:

I do kind of love that one of Jokers fears is Riddler and Harley hooking up.

I think its more about Harley forgetting about Mister J than Joker having some fear about the Riddler.

• Locked thread