Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

John Noble is also that guy from Sleepy Hollow, which is where I know him from! He's great in that and I got excited when I learned he was voicing Scarecrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blastinus posted:

I'd be amazed to see the GCPD emergency response manual, considering how quickly they got that bus convoy readied and shuttling out citizens. I know that they needed to clear the streets of innocent bystanders so Batman isn't going around running over people, but come on! 6 million people in less than a day?

It's Gotham City, they're probably used to stuff like this happening.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We already dealt with a Joker body double in City, I wouldn't put it past him to be pulling a Revolver Ocelot triple ruse cruise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like how the Riddler's design has varied so loving wildly through games in the series. First he was traditional green suit and bowler hat, then a hipster, and now he's a mechanic that listens to Jimmy Buffet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just love the question mark Hawaiian shirt.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, if Batman can read an inscription on a wedding ring that's inside a dude's large intestine, that's kinda it. He can do anything.

Edit: WHY DID HE EAT THE WEDDING RING. Why did he not just sell it? This is only gonna cause him pain and greatly reduce the resale value.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

biosterous posted:

I'm guessing the killer made him eat the ring or something. I doubt it was voluntary.

If the killer made him eat the ring, he'd be dead before it could get to his large intestine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guys, remember what series this is.

The Arkham Knight is the Joker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know there's not gonna be a Lego Batman skin and that makes me sad because Lego Movie Batman was the best movie Batman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kurieg posted:

One of the best parts about Lego Dimensions is when Lego Batman starts interacting with Lego Movie Batman.

Will Arnett is the best Batman. Forget West, Keaton, or Conroy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqv_LUStxDw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, you can tell WB wants to make Justice League super bad. I think they've wanted to for years, because I think Green Lantern was their first attempt to kickstart a cinematic universe.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ivy and Harley were like best friends in TAS.

Honestly, she's better for Harley than Joker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's good to see you, classic Harley. Looking a bit shiny, but I'll take it over generic gothy punky makeup means it's a clown, right? Harley.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Didn't realize Spawn was in Gotham.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What you were thinking of was in fact irony, so you had it the first time. That's not to say that a lot of irony also isn't the result of coincidence.

ALSO YEAH OF loving COURSE. I already kinda knew about this, but it still pisses me off.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 4, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Despite being the World's Greatest Detective, Batman doesn't have a lot of book smarts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVRXMXfbDE0

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I guess I'm fine with Joker in this capacity, but the whole Joker blood thing makes me worried that he's gonna end up monopolizing the story again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't like THAT the Joker is here, but I like HOW he's here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GirlCalledBob posted:

Of course, if Joker hadn't been such a problem with Origins story I probably wouldn't hate this, and that wasn't even the same company, so maybe I should stop being so hard on Rocksteady for something that technically isn't their fault. But then what would I get angry about on the internet?

Yeah, I was thinking this too. If this was just the third game, I wouldn't have a problem, especially because I feel the only reason Origins even exists as a prequel is so they could do another game with the Joker since they killed him in City.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel that people's reverence for the Joker is getting out of hand and actually tainting portrayals of the character, as evidence by things like the Joker just HAVING to be in this game and HAVING to bring Mark out of retirement a THIRD TIME, as well as the stories from the Suicide Squad set about Jared Leto's stupid loving shenanigans that would get any other actor playing any other role loving fired.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I get the feeling it's only raining in this game so they can show off how awesome wet things look with next gen graphics.

And to be fair, they do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What do Batman and a desk have in common?

Miller wrote on both.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Holy Terror is basically an object lesson that Frank Miller is a gigantic racist and doesn't understand why Dark Knight Returns or Sin City were good. I'm still amazed that they're releasing a third dark knight series. I am not, however, surprised that it's looking to be super racist.

Hey, here's something:

Miller's already planning on a fourth.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Batman is ready to make America great again.

Dark Knight IV: Election Year

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FicusArt posted:

Is there a woman in this game who doesn't get helplessly captured at some point?

Harley hasn't been yet. v:shobon:v

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

It's a case of good performance bad script, methinks. I generally like the writing in this game but Scarecrow is one of the couple of characters that got really shafted. Poor guy just isn't imposing main villain material.

Good thing the Joker's here to tip the tides in his favor at the end of the second act because this is an Arkham game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill will reprise their roles in the animated adaptation of The Killing Joke.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CuwiKhons posted:

He's not technically under any orders but Scarecrow did talk to him and he was at the big group meeting and he did contribute money to the Arkham Knight militia. All Scarecrow asked him to do was hold off on making trouble until Halloween - Scarecrow's using him as a distraction.

Well it's loving working.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CuwiKhons posted:

It really is. Can you imagine how much more time Batman would be able to dedicate to stopping Scarecrow if he wasn't loving about with Riddler's poo poo? Scarecrow made the right call here.

A lot of things are distracting Batman tonight.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hulk Ultimate Destruction was good because you could just gently caress up New York and make Hulk Hands out of cars and poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OldMemes posted:

Asylum feels very much like 'another Batman story' than its own seperate universe. The only thing that really affected the sequels was Titian, and the Joker's use of it. If the story had been told in a comic, it wouldn't have affected the status quo, they'd be able to go back to normal afterwards with a few handwaves to explain away why Joker is back to normal after.

You can also see this in the illustrations of characters that wouldn't appear in person until City, like Riddler and Penguin, and they're pretty much just their comic versions rather than what they've been defined as in the Arkham series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He's got the whole Knights Templar aesthetic going on and Bruce appreciates a good aesthetic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I need to catch up on the LP, but here's a bit of Joker news, I thought the thread would appreciate (read:groan):

DC plans to reveal the Joker's one true identity.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alfred's code name would be Jeeves.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

White Coke posted:

Yeah I'd like to see how Riddler could be handled as the main villain of a story and not just a collectathon distraction for some other villains plan.

Of course that'd require the Riddler to have some kind of a plan other than trying to kill Batman with fluorescent green death traps. In the Joker comic by Brian Azzarello the Riddler mentions stealing something because it was supposed to be impossible to steal, so there's one direction they could take him in.

A game with Riddler as the main villain would be a Layton clone.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Kraken: King of Dinosaurs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But then it wouldn't have looked ~next gen~

Last gen was brown and bloom, this gen is shiny and wet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh yeah, the game looks amazing. I'm always a bit floored when Batman glides and you see his wet cape rustle in the wind.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

dscruffy1 posted:

Back to the main story!

Do we have to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Luthortarian.

• Locked thread