Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785522 is the new thread if you don't feel like looking for it. If that one takes off this'll probably get locked, so see you over there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Lime Tonics posted:

http://qz.com/750600/nbc-is-airing-the-rio-olympics-opening-ceremony-on-a-tape-delay-but-theres-still-a-way-for-americans-to-watch-it-live/

With that out of the way, there are dozens of VPN services you can use. Two popular ones are TotalVPN and ExpressVPN. The instructions are pretty much the same no matter which service you decide to use:

Sign up for an account (some will require credit card information, others, like TotalVPN, do not).
Download the app to the device(s) you plan to watch on.
Open the app.
Connect to a server in the United Kingdom if you want to watch BBC’s stream. If you want to watch CBC’s stream, connect to a Canadian server. If you want to watch any other network’s stream, connect to a server in the country where the network is broadcast from.
Go to your stream of choice, and enjoy. You should be unblocked.

Other than that, just keep refreshing certain other sites streams to catch one.

Total VPN loving blows btw. I signed up and got horrible speeds on the Canadian VPN got constant buffering when testing videos on the CBC website.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Total VPN loving blows btw. I signed up and got horrible speeds on the Canadian VPN got constant buffering when testing videos on the CBC website.
I've been using trust.zone and have had no problems with any international vpn's I haven't tried streaming canada with it, but BBC was fine when I used it.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tunicate posted:

Coke Zero Survivors.

Coke Zika

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Fanatic posted:

No can do. I'm best man at a wedding in Fortaleza (on Brazil's north coast) so I gotta go.

Fortaleza is more a resort kind of city where I will spend most of my time (with locals too) so I'm not too worried. As long as I make it through the three days in Rio (during which time the Paralympics will be on, so maybe poo poo will have settled?) unscathed I'm good :thumbsup:

Then by all means go. If you're staying away from Rio I don't see no problems at all, unlike common goon knowledge Brazil is actually cool and good. It's just Rio in particular that makes extra effort into being bad. Not even people who live in Rio can stand it.

source: I eat rice and beans for lunch everyday

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
thanks for all the laughs, old thread. see u in the afterlife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
rest in poops

• Locked thread