Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
yea but the mongols also slaughtered the poo poo out of kievan rus. the period definitively ended when the mongols invaded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kievan_Rus'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lend lease and the strategic bombing campaign that crippled german industry. also forcing the germans to fight on 2+ fronts. america didnt win the war on its own, but the russians sure as gently caress didnt either

saying that the us was irrelevant in wwii is like the 'gently caress you dad school' of wwii historiography.

vains
May 26, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

Even before the war, 15% of French fighters were U.S types. P-36s accounted for almost 33% of aerial victories while making up 12% of French fighters.

In March 1940 the French bought:

200 - P-40
200 - P-40D
200 - P-39
500 - P-38
250 - Martin GM 187 (Baltimore)
550 - Douglas DB-7 (Havoc; Boston I, II)
60 - B-24 Liberator
200 - Vultee Dive Bomber (Vengence)
174 - Douglas SBD-3 (Dauntless)

That's pretty drat impressive! Too bad it's often overlooked in favour of Lend-Lease.

because lend lease actually mattered and the french air force largely did not.

vains
May 26, 2004

Genocide Tendency posted:

What the gently caress??

College?

Its like..

Jesus loving christ. If it wasn't for the the Japs making the biggest gently caress up in world history, we all would be speaking German.

Its kind of important. They should have brought it up before college.

God drat it. The American education system is a loving clown show. I mean.. I knew it was, and really it was when I was in primary ed.. But at least they taught us about WWII.

no we wouldnt. the us would have almost certainly entered the war whether or not pearl harbor occurred. the germans wouldn't have likely been able to invade england, much less the continental united states.

vains
May 26, 2004

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Strange though, when it came to turning the tanks over to REME and Royal Engineers they did a pretty stand-up job of pimping them like Hobarts funnies and the Firefly.

At least by Korea we almost had a world class tank in the form of the Churchill which at the time had the best gun and best armour in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_%28tank%29

centurion not churchill

vains
May 26, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

maybe they cooked him in a human sized trough like the thing they found him in. i mean, when youre the sanctioned religion you can get away with some weird poo poo my dude

i'd take kffs word on this. he is an expert at eating greek meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Godholio posted:

Maybe they just ate that rear end and killed him.

eating rear end is just a prelude to the main event.

• Locked thread