Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Also the Mongols literally took all the Russian nobles and suffocated them in drums during their victory festivals. They thought spilling noble blood was an offense to the gods.

This is also why, when they captured the Caliph in Baghdad (the Islamic equivalent of the Pope), they rolled him up in a carpet and had a line of horses trample him to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

My Chinese history prof also said that during their conquest of the Southern Chinese cities, they would stampede Chinese peasants forward for 2 things:

1) Arrow pincushions
2) Moat fillers

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Some cool facts I learned while getting my history degree:

1) Heinrich Himmler was a chicken farmer before he was a Nazi official, and he believed he could breed desirable traits into humans the same way he did with chickens. He felt that, given a few decades, he could make all of Germany blond-haired and blue-eyed.

2) Adolf Hitler was denied promotion in the Germany army after WW1 because his commanding officers felt that he "lacked leadership qualities."

3) The Nazis estimated that they would have about 400,000 crippled war veterans to take care of after WWII was over and they'd won, causing a huge financial burden on the state. Internal memos showed the Nazis planned on gassing them.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

At the Battle of Gettysburg, Union surgeons perfected the art of the speedy leg amputation. The real bottleneck was sawing through bones. They'd saw through the muscle on top, saw partway through the femur, break it over their knee, then saw through the bottom muscle. By snapping the femur over their knee, Union surgeons were able to amputate a leg in a matter of minutes.

When a cannonball hits you directly, you basically explode and your body parts turn into shrapnel that kill/injure the guys standing next to and in front of you. Your leg would fly off and kill the dude next to you, your ribs would lodge in the guys behind you, etc. Same deal when a cannonball hits the wooden hull you're standing by if you're a sailor. Sends splinters/chunks of wood flying everywhere that lodge into your body.

After every medieval battle there'd be a huge number of wounded soldiers that would die of infection the following week.

• Locked thread