Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

chunkles posted:

It's not really that big of a deal. A lot of people choose to get those crazy invisalign things or weird sapphire braces but nobody really cares. The discomfort of the braces is worse than any social interaction you'll have, and it's not really that bad aside from when you get tuned up.

I got Invisalign last week because I am a vain person. I had braces when I was a kid, but my widsom teeth caused crowding in my lower jaw once they came in. I wasn't bothered by it (it was just one tooth slowly moving behind another) but a couple months ago I felt my bite change over the course of a week because of it. Dentist said it shouldn't be too bad because it ain't a horror show in there. If anyone has had a clear plastic retainer before, Invisalign is exactly that. You get a new one every 2-3 weeks when they get loose (due to your teeth moving to fit the mold.)

Pros of Inisalign:

Can eat anything you want, when you take them off (they must stay on 20-22 hours of the day. So just take them off when eating, then put them back in)
People really can't notice: People didn't know I had them in until I told them

Cons:

Screwing up my speech. Mostly S-sounds, if you're rambling and speaking quickly it can turn you into a mushmouth.
Drymouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread