Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
At first, your mouth may be torn up and covered in sores from the irritation, but over time, the inside of your lips will get tougher or something and it will improve a lot. The wax was a waste of time, at least for me. That's something I remember from when I had braces way back when.

Also, baby food actually tastes good and is made of healthy ingredients. The peach, pear, and banana ones, that is. The meat ones are scary.

Something I wish I had known back then - hydrogen peroxide can help mouth injuries to heal more quickly because it keeps them clean. I like Peroxyl Sore Mouth Rinse (mouthwash) by Colgate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Bakalakadaka posted:

Wax is good but remember to take it out before you eat :gonk:

Or just chew some of those wax cartoon lips you can get at a gas station - or anywhere else that sells bizarrely outdated snacks - and kill two birds with one stone. No, don't actually try this. Something tells me the flavored wax would get stuck in the braces like bubblegum and create a disaster.

Do they even make those things anymore? Fake edit: Yes, and you can buy them by the dozen on Amazon, of course. And did you know this chunk of molded wax is fat-free?

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer
I had an area in my mouth i kept accidentally biting, and it could never heal. I tried this stuff and it was surprisingly effective. It numbed the area, and the sore finally calmed down and healed. Got it at Walgreens.

http://www.kank-a.com/products/kank-a-mouth-pain-liquid

...However, it does have a strong medicinal taste and wears off fairly quickly. I found it best to use before bedtime. Anyway, it's worth a shot! I wish I had known about this when I had braces.

• Locked thread