Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Here he is building a mud hut using his bare hands and a lovely rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKkHqlx9dE

He wasn't satisfied with that though so instead he built a house that's nicer than at least 20% of the houses that goons live in including a hearth, heated floor, chimney, tile roof, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE

In his most recent video he makes charcoal. Why does he make charcoal? Well, it's easier to store and start fires with. But more importantly it burns hot enough to smelt metal. This dickhead is going to make a bronze loving axe from scratch just you wait. I get real satisfied digging a posthole for a fence. If I made an axe out of dirt and loving wood I'd never get laid again due to the syrupy continuous smugtrails that would leak out of my pits like pressure forcing water through pumice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLvqCTvOQY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this is one of my favorite youtube channels, he's skilled and his presentation is perfect

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Can he get tin and copper? I don't even know how you'd find that poo poo.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Cheeto posted:

Can he get tin and copper? I don't even know how you'd find that poo poo.

I don't know either but just watch the son of a bitch will do it. He's going to have some video of him picking up stupid rocks then he's going to put them on a charcoal fire and an axe is going to come out the bottom.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
He should build a hotdog house

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That roof is going to leak like a sieve.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

How is this surprising? He already made a video camera...

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Cool. I just buy my axes at the store. It's a lot easier.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

poo poo you guys have Axe Stores in the States?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That roof is going to leak like a sieve.

It don't

Lookit this tardo don't know how tiles work.

Even I know how tiles work and I can't fire clay and construct my own living quarters without tools or premade materials over a surprisingly short period of time.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Bronze axe? If this guy has access to a bog he can probably make iron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_mTgHj6M1Q

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this guy in the OP is ok, put this guy here is the pro leagues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

who cares I do all this same poo poo in minecraft all the time :smuggo:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Professor Shark posted:

poo poo you guys have Axe Stores in the States?

Actually no, they merged with Hammer Depot in the late 2000s

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
If he's allowed to just go buy rare earth minerals and ores that he needs, I don't give a gently caress as long as he makes cool poo poo out of it. Barely any early civilizations had direct access to all the poo poo they needed for metal and junk. That's what trade is for, and unfortunately a dude can't remake ancient trade routes on his own.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wish that was the goal. To start off primitive and quickly ramp up to modern techniques with encyclopedic knowledge. Gonna watch these tho. Nice find

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Its also fairly uncommon, in 2015, to just have loving ore veins poking out from rocks like they used to do because people have largely already accessed rare veins on the surface of the earth and mined them out. Iron is one of the exceptions because that poo poo is loving everywhere.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I wish that was the goal. To start off primitive and quickly ramp up to modern techniques with encyclopedic knowledge. Gonna watch these tho. Nice find

It's close enough man. Going from your bare rear end to a metal axe on your own in the woods might as well be putting a man on the moon as far as I'm concerned.

Ape Fist posted:

Its also fairly uncommon, in 2015, to just have loving ore veins poking out from rocks like they used to do because people have largely already accessed rare veins on the surface of the earth and mined them out. Iron is one of the exceptions because that poo poo is loving everywhere.

So he skips the bronze age and in his next video he's got a machete and a steel helmet, great, makes me feel real adequate.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
One of the plugs in my kitchen has stopped working and it's ruining my life.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
next level mgtow

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I can't wait until he gets to the point where he pillages his neighbors.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

yeah he's just ripping off minecraft

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

I can't wait until he gets to the point where he pillages his neighbors.

He's Australian so that might be his full time job anyway.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Blue Train posted:

I was just thinking, someone should tell this guy about Rust or Hurtworld.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
He is in QLD, so chances are he will have easier access to copper than iron.

ihopeirememberthis
Sep 8, 2011
I have this idea for a tv show where they put a bunch of scientists, engineers and military guys on an abandoned island for a year and see what technology they can create from scratch

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I stayed up till 3am playong computer games. I vomited turning on the kettle this morning

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

ihopeirememberthis posted:

I have this idea for a tv show where they put a bunch of scientists, engineers and military guys on an abandoned island for a year and see what technology they can create from scratch

I have this idea as well but they put scratched technology on an island and watch it get rained on

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

In his most recent video he makes charcoal. Why does he make charcoal? Well, it's easier to store and start fires with. But more importantly it burns hot enough to smelt metal. This dickhead is going to make a bronze loving axe from scratch just you wait. I get real satisfied digging a posthole for a fence. If I made an axe out of dirt and loving wood I'd never get laid again due to the syrupy continuous smugtrails that would leak out of my pits like pressure forcing water through pumice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLvqCTvOQY
:coal::coal::coal::coal::coal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiVmKC8xXJ8

:coal::coal::coal::coal::coal:

ihopeirememberthis
Sep 8, 2011
kinda like this tv show https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rough_Science

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

monkey posted:

He is in QLD, so chances are he will have easier access to copper than iron.
Copper isn't that useful without the tin to make bronze

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
OOOHH NOOOO I PISSED MY PANTSSSSSSS (see this can be the new GBS meme instead of pants making GBS threads)

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i always had a feeling if the camera turned around you'd see his nice rear end house with his wife staring at him lol

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

OOOHH NOOOO I PISSED MY PANTSSSSSSS (see this can be the new GBS meme instead of pants making GBS threads)

Tone it down a lil itt Nooner

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

i always had a feeling if the camera turned around you'd see his nice rear end house with his wife staring at him lol

He talks about doing everything on The Mountain. Which is probably not too far from his house. But w/e, The Mountain is a good place to build a house using dirt and sticks.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
i built a semiconductor fabrication plant entirely out of poo poo i found in the woods

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

He's Australian

Thank God he doesn't speak in his videos

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Australians dont have an accent. Its the 'neutral' english

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ihopeirememberthis posted:

It would actually be really cool to have a show like that where on the island every natural material would be available to produce some modern technology. Like maybe a telephone that could call from one side of the island to the other.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just watched a bunch of these. This Guy rules and doesn't talk at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEl-Y1NvBVI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The patience to make all those roof tiles is a monumental accomplishment IMO

• Locked thread