Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Athanasios keeps his torch high, and watches for hidden dangers, both natural and manmade. Who knows if there are treasures in the dark, and who knows what the men of the past may have put in place to protect them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Fironius is also along for the ride. In fact, considering the cathedral is involved,, considering some of his latest employers, it's probably for the best here. Even if he have been quiet for the first leg of the exploration journey, it is at this point at that he lifts a hand, cautiously.

"Move carefully." He whispers, his voice barely above the local ambience, keeping his keen eyes around for the traps, spotting them or not. He's less uses to ancient caverns or ruins, but this is close enough for him to be comfortable in them. "See twice where you step, then thrice again."

lemotjuste
Dec 6, 2014
Aristide too seems a bit disappointed in the ramshackle state of this first cavern. Never mind - they must continue forward! Aristide tasks Giovanni, the nearest scribe, with making a quick map of the area they have traversed so far - just so they have a record of the way they've come and what they've seen so far. Since they haven't seen very much, this should not take too long. Then he will push forward down into the next tunnel.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The group presses on. The ruins become colder as they do so, heading further down. This far underground suggests a cthonian cult of some kind to Aristide - perhaps to Pluto, or another of the gods in the earth. Whatever the case, however, they clearly didn't want anyone to get deep in. The path down is barred by an iron grate. It is rusted, but still strong. There once seem to have been strong ropes to lift it from the other side, but they may have rotted since - certainly, they do not look especially trustworthy, in the dark and the damp.

The grogs each feel cold air on the back of their necks, as though someone were breathing on it. If they turn, however, there is nothing there.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Athanasios runs the back of neck with his free hand, turning a slow circle to check the walls. "I could have sworn...Bah, a draft perhaps? Let us try to lift these bars, all the same."

The warrior wars his torch against a wall and moves to the rusty grate. He gives it an experimental shake and looks back to the group. "Well, come on. I'm not breaking my back here."

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Giovanni straightens and turns, sharply.

"Did anyone else feel that?" he asks.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Okay, I need to know - do you guys still want to continue this stuff? Because if I can't get people playing grogs and being hype for adventures that they are doing grogs on...

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
You know I'm still interested.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I as well.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I'm still down on playing Ars Magica, but I think the format needs to change a little. I'm liking Paulio quite a bit, but... well, things are drat slow and it's hard to keep interest hooked up with low energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemotjuste
Dec 6, 2014
Hey everybody, sorry, I'm still interested, I just had about 3 months of utter insanity which only just slowed down this month. I'm game, I just need the occasional kick in the pants to post, especially because otherwise I don't use SA at all!

• Locked thread