Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
thanks for the epic meme lulz but itym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jony ive aces posted:

k

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram
Jun 10, 2001

jony ive aces posted:

*clicks angry*

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
why are they different in all the screenshots

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Squeezy Farm posted:

Havent used the buttons yet but I love The Oatmeal's take on the situation:

edgy

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i like the cricket one :o:

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

suffix posted:

why are they different in all the screenshots

it looks like they're animated, and people take screenshots of them at different times.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
how long until twitter jumps on the bandwagon

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

deep impact on vhs posted:

how long until twitter jumps on the bandwagon

Twitter now has "reaction gifs"

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Twitter suddenly banning animated avatars was a real dick move.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Megaspel posted:

Twitter suddenly banning animated avatars was a real dick move.
              /

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

epic for the win

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

akadajet posted:

where's my dislike button facebook?

Haha yeah

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Squeezy Farm posted:

Havent used the buttons yet but I love The Oatmeal's take on the situation:

nice masculonormative depiction of sexual arousal and non-arousal [/tumblr]

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Smythe posted:

/

Fair point.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
the oatmeal and literally getting cancer are equal in terms of humor to me

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
that is to say not at all

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
IS THERE A WAY TO SORT FRIENDS BY CUSTOM LISTS? OR ANY KIND OF SORT? IS THERE A PRO CLIENT OR SOMETHING?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
FBLR

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Smythe posted:

IS THERE A WAY TO SORT FRIENDS BY CUSTOM LISTS? OR ANY KIND OF SORT? IS THERE A PRO CLIENT OR SOMETHING?

you don't keep a spreadsheet with current rankings that you update like a leaderboard to decide which statuses to like, love, or comment on in order to game the algorithm?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I still can't figure out how to search my own timeline, people assure me it is possible and fb spent like a billion dollars improving their search but I can't see any way because they decided to make it all semantic processing out of one search box

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
HOW TO SORT FRIENDS BASED ON LIST? OR ANY SORT? IS THERE A SPECIAL URL TO GOTO THAT ENABLES THESE THINGS? DO "SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERTS' JUST THE THE FUCKIN WEBSITE?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i will say that searching for people on Facebook is surprisingly bad

like there's no filters whatsoever, if you want to search for James Smith in Austin Texas you have to type in "James Smith Austin Texas", there's no location filter or anything

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

computer parts posted:

i will say that searching for people on Facebook is surprisingly bad

like there's no filters whatsoever, if you want to search for James Smith in Austin Texas you have to type in "James Smith Austin Texas", there's no location filter or anything

if u go to results page then press persons you can put location in hth

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

qirex posted:

I still can't figure out how to search my own timeline, people assure me it is possible and fb spent like a billion dollars improving their search but I can't see any way because they decided to make it all semantic processing out of one search box

it works really good

I searched "my posts from August 2015" because I wanted to see if I had published my 9-7 Radskins preseason prediction so I could reshare it and tag some mad haters on it and it worked like a charm

you can also say like "my posts about food from last spring" and it loving works.

it's great if you can get out of beep boop turbonerd power user search bullshit and just type what you want

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

it works really good

I searched "my posts from August 2015" because I wanted to see if I had published my 9-7 Radskins preseason prediction so I could reshare it and tag some mad haters on it and it worked like a charm

you can also say like "my posts about food from last spring" and it loving works.

it's great if you can get out of beep boop turbonerd power user search bullshit and just type what you want

please die

pram
Jun 10, 2001

AWWNAW posted:

please die

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

AWWNAW posted:

please die

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Maximum Leader posted:

if u go to results page then press persons you can put location in hth

i don't see any sort of location filter

unless you mean search "john smith oklahoma" to find john smith in oklahoma, which yeah that's what I'm complaining about

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
HOW DO YOU SORT FRIENDS BY LIST?

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

computer parts posted:

idk i can imagine that would be a pain if say you left out the texas part and got a page full of James Austin Smiths and Austin James Smiths but in general having a quicker search where you don't have to fart around with checkboxes and bullshit sounds like maybe a good thing?

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
lol @ the new buttons though, it seems the initial excitement has died down and p much all my friends, like me, have gone back to only using the like button out of laziness. i only see the little cartoon faces now on public groups full of normies like dogspotting

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

computer parts posted:

i don't see any sort of location filter

unless you mean search "john smith oklahoma" to find john smith in oklahoma, which yeah that's what I'm complaining about

type "John Smith in Austin" or "John Smith from Austin" ffs stop trying to make it more complicated than it needs to be. they have a thousand of the best rejects from Google doing semantic search so that you don't have to fiddle with knobs and controls.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

the faces r even more bad to me with time, they look dumb as gently caress (except angry guy is ok) but worse i hate see which faces the plebes flocked to on a particular inane lovely post

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Satellit3 posted:

the faces r even more bad to me with time, they look dumb as gently caress (except angry guy is ok) but worse i hate see which faces the plebes flocked to on a particular inane lovely post

you sound like a fun guy to hang out with

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
NOT

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

• Locked thread