Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

TheImmigrant posted:

Except immigrants' children who were born in Britain before the 80s, because racism.

yes I'm certain that's why the institutionally racist police did not investigate a bunch of foreign born and first-gen when repeatedly asked to. PC gone mad.

As already spelled out, anyone who buys the argument that the police ignored it "because racism", with absolutely no evidence for this being brought to light from before it was used as a defence, is a loving moron. The police are racists, and they do what they're told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Spangly A posted:

yes I'm certain that's why the institutionally racist police did not investigate a bunch of foreign born and first-gen when repeatedly asked to. PC gone mad.

As already spelled out, anyone who buys the argument that the police ignored it "because racism", with absolutely no evidence for this being brought to light from before it was used as a defence, is a loving moron. The police are racists, and they do what they're told.

The Rotherham report examined not only police investigations, but reported cases of child sexual abuse to several agencies operating in the borough including police, social services, child welfare, local council and an outreach center. They found that in 95% of the suspected cases it was likely that children had been abused or groomed for abuse, and that in the vast majority of those cases the perpetrator was described as "Asian". At least in the case of Rotherham, the evidence is overwhelming that ethnic minorities, specifically Asians (probably Pakistanis), are disproportionately likely to be perpetrators of child sexual abuse in cases that are reported. It does no good to anyone to pretend otherwise.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Thug Lessons posted:

The Rotherham report examined not only police investigations, but reported cases of child sexual abuse to several agencies operating in the borough including police, social services, child welfare, local council and an outreach center. They found that in 95% of the suspected cases it was likely that children had been abused or groomed for abuse, and that in the vast majority of those cases the perpetrator was described as "Asian". At least in the case of Rotherham, the evidence is overwhelming that ethnic minorities, specifically Asians (probably Pakistanis), are disproportionately likely to be perpetrators of child sexual abuse in cases that are reported. It does no good to anyone to pretend otherwise.

OK, they're Pakistani. Now what? Literally now what?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Thug Lessons posted:

that's not actually a response to anything I wrote.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

SedanChair posted:

OK, they're Pakistani. Now what? Literally now what?

I'll defer to the summary of the report's Section 11, titled "Issue of ethnicity",

quote:

Issues of ethnicity related to child sexual exploitation have been discussed in other reports, including the Home Affairs Select Committee report, and the report of the Children’s Commissioner. Within the Council, we found no evidence of children’s social care staff being influenced by concerns about the ethnic origins of suspected perpetrators when dealing with individual child protection cases, including CSE. In the broader organisational context, however, there was a widespread perception that messages conveyed by some senior people in the Council and also the Police, were to 'downplay' the ethnic dimensions of CSE. Unsurprisingly, frontline staff appeared to be confused as to what they were supposed to say and do and what would be interpreted as 'racist'. From a political perspective, the approach of avoiding public discussion of the issues was ill judged.

There was too much reliance by agencies on traditional community leaders such as elected members and imams as being the primary conduit of communication with the Pakistani-heritage community. The Inquiry spoke to several Pakistani-heritage women who felt disenfranchised by this and thought it was a barrier to people coming forward to talk about CSE. Others believed there was wholesale denial of the problem in the Pakistani-heritage community in the same way that other forms of abuse were ignored. Representatives of women's groups were frustrated that interpretations of the Borough's problems with CSE were often based on an assumption that similar abuse did not take place in their own community and therefore concentrated mainly on young white girls.

Both women and men from the community voiced strong concern that other than two meetings in 2011, there had been no direct engagement with them about CSE over the past 15 years, and this needed to be addressed urgently, rather than 'tiptoeing' around the issue.

Additionally, I agree with this excerpt from Section 14, "Recommendations",

Thug Lessons fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 26, 2016

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Spangly A posted:

that's not actually a response to anything I wrote.

Apologies then, I must have misinterpreted you.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"The issue of race should be tackled": when your dog whistle is also a slide whistle

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure the pedophiles are happy that you're here to cover for them, Sedanchair.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

I'm sure the pedophiles are happy that you're here to cover for them, Sedanchair.

The pedophiles are the cops who were paid in sex to not investigate. This is the general approach around the world.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Thug Lessons posted:

At least in the case of Rotherham, the evidence is overwhelming that ethnic minorities, specifically Asians (probably Pakistanis), are disproportionately likely to be perpetrators of child sexual abuse in cases that are reported. It does no good to anyone to pretend otherwise.

it's really disingenuous to try to extrapolate from "in the case of the pakistani sex offenders, the majority of the sex offenders were pakistani" all the way up to "pakistanis are sex offenders" like the OP claimed or PC gone mad like the tabloids are screaming

it's also disingenous to state "it does nobody any good to ignore the race of the offender" when the race of the offender is not consequential to the crime nor does it truly explain the local government inaction which allowed this abuse to continue. oddly enough demonstrations of corrupt white british culture were not front and center at any point during the BBC pedophilia scandal

which is why it's extremely suspicious why people seem to be so focused on race here. why it's eerily like they're trying to demonstrate how negative stereotypes of racial groups are factually true or something equally idiotic

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Popular Thug Drink posted:

which is why it's extremely suspicious why people seem to be so focused on race here. why it's eerily like they're trying to demonstrate how negative stereotypes of racial groups are factually true or something equally idiotic

frankly I'd like to congratulate the police on diverting this case so well

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

it's really disingenuous to try to extrapolate from "in the case of the pakistani sex offenders, the majority of the sex offenders were pakistani" all the way up to "pakistanis are sex offenders" like the OP claimed or PC gone mad like the tabloids are screaming

it's also disingenous to state "it does nobody any good to ignore the race of the offender" when the race of the offender is not consequential to the crime nor does it truly explain the local government inaction which allowed this abuse to continue. oddly enough demonstrations of corrupt white british culture were not front and center at any point during the BBC pedophilia scandal

Speaking personally, the reason I bring up race is because the cat is already out of the bag. Whether anyone likes it or not race is already a central issue in this scandal, and the right is having a field day with it while the left and center-left are reeling. Cases like this give them powerful ammunition to stand up there and say, "See? Muslims are criminals, just like we've been telling you", and I want to emphasize the force of those argument and the insufficiency of telling people "Oh don't listen to that guy, he's just an irrational racist". In this case I think that focusing on the deep problems with the police and council response is a good line to take instead, but in the larger picture I feel as though the people that advocate my positions are losing the war of ideas.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Thug Lessons posted:

Speaking personally, the reason I bring up race is because the cat is already out of the bag. Whether anyone likes it or not race is already a central issue in this scandal, and the right is having a field day with it while the left and center-left are reeling. Cases like this give them powerful ammunition to stand up there and say, "See? Muslims are criminals, just like we've been telling you", and I want to emphasize the force of those argument and the insufficiency of telling people "Oh don't listen to that guy, he's just an irrational racist". In this case I think that focusing on the deep problems with the police and council response is a good line to take instead, but in the larger picture I feel as though the people that advocate my positions are losing the war of ideas.

They're reeling because like you, they've fallen for the trap the bnp/ukip/daily mail scum have laid. Instead of questioning why the police didn't investigate, you saw a picture of a fat wall-eyed Pakistani man and panicked. "This is it," you said to yourself.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SedanChair posted:

The pedophiles are the cops who were paid in sex to not investigate. This is the general approach around the world.
All Cops Are Pedophiles.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

SedanChair posted:

They're reeling because like you, they've fallen for the trap the bnp/ukip/daily mail scum have laid. Instead of questioning why the police didn't investigate, you saw a picture of a fat wall-eyed Pakistani man and panicked. "This is it," you said to yourself.

I didn't do anything of the sort.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"It's worth looking into" that these men were very, very swarthy. Some had beards, it does no good to pretend as though they didn't.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Thug Lessons posted:

so you're saying that leftists need to incorporate the irrational racist panic of people who don't trust immigrants lest those just dismiss leftists as overly politically correct

no thanks, given that i'm not addressing a hypothetical british hoi polloi in my mind's eye but rather mocking a crudely framed whine thread on the something awful forums. i dont think appeals to the necessity of public debate are at all applicable on here, a pseudononymous internet thread where i make fun of people who are trying to equate skin tone with sexual deviancy

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

SedanChair posted:

"It's worth looking into" that these men were very, very swarthy. Some had beards, it does no good to pretend as though they didn't.

No, it's worth looking into serial child abuse, even if the alleged perpetrators have Magnificent Headgear.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

so you're saying that leftists need to incorporate the irrational racist panic of people who don't trust immigrants lest those just dismiss leftists as overly politically correct

no thanks, given that i'm not addressing a hypothetical british hoi polloi in my mind's eye but rather mocking a crudely framed whine thread on the something awful forums. i dont think appeals to the necessity of public debate are at all applicable on here, a pseudononymous internet thread where i make fun of people who are trying to equate skin tone with sexual deviancy

Not exactly. I'm saying that leftists need to take the current panicked mood into account and recognize that the right is making real political gains, in part because their response is insufficient. As for the rest you're of course right and I'm not telling you what to do.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Who was it who said that the problem with liberals is that, deep down, they believe that the critiques of the right are correct? This is that in a nutshell.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

TheImmigrant posted:

No, it's worth looking into serial child abuse, even if the alleged perpetrators have Magnificent Headgear.

Do you believe, racist, that white perpetrators face more scrutiny than Muslims? Because it seems to me like none of the perpetrators of any race generally face scrutiny, and in this case a little more traction was gained because of racism.

Also I did not see any headgear in those photos, racist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Thug Lessons posted:

Not exactly. I'm saying that leftists need to take the current panicked mood into account and recognize that the right is making real political gains, in part because their response is insufficient. As for the rest you're of course right and I'm not telling you what to do.

yeah sorry dude i'm not convinced that we can in any way accurately apply 'the truth is in the middle' to xenophobic racism or clickbaity tabloids which prey on the uneducated and angry

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

SedanChair posted:

Do you believe, racist, that white perpetrators face more scrutiny than Muslims? Because it seems to me like none of the perpetrators of any race generally face scrutiny, and in this case a little more traction was gained because of racism.

Also I did not see any headgear in those photos, racist.

Do you believe, pedobear, that weather is racist, because storm clouds are black while cumulus clouds are white?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

yeah sorry dude i'm not convinced that we can in any way accurately apply 'the truth is in the middle' to xenophobic racism or clickbaity tabloids which prey on the uneducated and angry

You don't have to. You just have to come up with a response to that which convinces people, even if you hold those people in contempt for even considering that the right might be on to something. Not you specifically but if I'd heard one anywhere I thought was effective I'd be screaming it from the rooftops.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

TheImmigrant posted:

Do you believe, pedobear, that weather is racist, because storm clouds are black while cumulus clouds are white?

No I believe that you are racist because every time anything is posted about Muslims you say "magnificent headgear." It's creepy.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

TheImmigrant posted:

you are talking about issues of race in order to apply issues of race in the context that this gang of paedophiles, notably almost entirely pakistani, has finally been investigated by the police, while several other gangs of paedophiles, notably rich and white, are not. The defence of "well we didn't want to apply issues of race" absolutely stinks of authority being caught ignoring paedophile gangs and going "oh right they're muslim, we can take them"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

SedanChair posted:

No I believe that you are racist because every time anything is posted about Muslims you say "magnificent headgear." It's creepy.
Perhaps he has worries about the adequacy of his own headgear.

Thug Lessons posted:

You don't have to. You just have to come up with a response to that which convinces people, even if you hold those people in contempt for even considering that the right might be on to something. Not you specifically but if I'd heard one anywhere I thought was effective I'd be screaming it from the rooftops.
Occam's Razor on whether it's more likely that a British police force, of all organizations, was too concerned about appearing politically correct or whether they were on the take for money or teen sex and that cash cow finally ran away when public awareness ramped up.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
Tbh, everyone in the UK is probably a paedo, regardless of skin color or religious affiliation.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

SedanChair posted:

Pedobear, two things. One, we have not determined Muslims are at issue, and two, even if the alleged perpetrators or police are Muslims, it's not racist to harbor preconceived notions about people like Bible bangers or rightwingers or rightwing Muslims who affirmatively subscribe to a belief system.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

"The issue of race should be tackled": when your dog whistle is also a slide whistle

I mean regardless of where you stand, this was kind of an issue of race wasn't it? Either they were overlooked because of cop fear over possible PC code violation (or whatever ridiculous argument)or it was overlooked because the cops didn't give a poo poo about brown girls.

I mean there's also the idea that the cops were loving some little kid sex and looking the other way which is not far fetched but even that's attached to race in the same way that cop who raped all the black women in Oklahoma were

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean regardless of where you stand, this was kind of an issue of race wasn't it? Either they were overlooked because of cop fear over possible PC code violation (or whatever ridiculous argument)or it was overlooked because the cops didn't give a poo poo about brown girls.

I mean there's also the idea that the cops were loving some little kid sex and looking the other way which is not far fetched but even that's attached to race in the same way that cop who raped all the black women in Oklahoma were

Actually the women victims were white in this case, they were just from poor backgrounds or under the direct care of authorities which didn't do poo poo.

Literally all the paedo scandals which keep rolling out from this lovely country shown that state authorities don't care about poor women in general and will do anything to protect themselves from allowing that abuse.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
tbf they also don't care about poor boys either

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

What I've read is that it wasn't so much a matter of police cover-up of sex abuse, but social workers failing their duty to report it.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

New Division posted:

Tbh, everyone in the UK is probably a paedo, regardless of skin color or religious affiliation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU&t=67s

Unfortunately this is something we have known for a long time.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

TheImmigrant posted:

What I've read is that it wasn't so much a matter of police cover-up of sex abuse, but social workers failing their duty to report it.

That's not true at all. There were failures at practically every level, including the police who would do things like arrest child sex abuse victims for underage drinking while not arresting their abusers, and basically the only organization in the whole borough who did their job was a youth outreach center called Risky Business.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thug Lessons posted:

That's not true at all. There were failures at practically every level, including the police who would do things like arrest child sex abuse victims for underage drinking while not arresting their abusers, and basically the only organization in the whole borough who did their job was a youth outreach center called Risky Business.

That's one of the more questionable names for a youth outreach center I've heard, but good for them

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
The thing is that official and complete indifference to vulnerable young girls and women in the UK is rampant.

While things are better than in the 1980s, when many children's homes were run by peadophiles, the Home Office (the government department in charge of law enforcement) gave a funding grant to the Peadophile Information Exchange, the civil servant in charge of child protection was a peadophile and when he visited children's homes would be provided with a child and a lockable room, Jimmy Savile was put in charge of Broad Moor by the Tory government, and everyone up to and including the Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher was aware of this and covered it up. Throw in prominent politicians, judges, members of the establishment, senior figures in the secret police including allegedly the head of MI6 being peadophiles and you have a recipe for embedding a culture of indifference to the activities of child molesters.

However in cases like this 'being brown so we can't investigate because it would be racist' being put about it for some reason more believable than local police and politicians liked to rape kids and consort with criminals, and were bribed with money or sex with children to prevent investigations, even though that is literally the historical model for this.

No one cares about children being looked after by local authorities. That's why they are there.

And no one is willing to fight the political battles to get it properly funded. Many local authorities are looking at privatising caring for these children, because nothing says caring for children better than lowest bidder contracts from companies who have all been accused of abusing people in their care in the past.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Guavanaut posted:

Occam's Razor on whether it's more likely that a British police force, of all organizations, was too concerned about appearing politically correct or whether they were on the take for money or teen sex and that cash cow finally ran away when public awareness ramped up.

The same British police force that can attack a man in the street infront of hundreds of people, unprovoked, cause his death, and still get to keep their jobs?

It was probably PC gone mad.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

Thug Lessons posted:

Rotherham and Cologne showed that when things get intersectional on the left, anti-racism is the overriding philosophy and other values such as feminism or public debate will have to give way to either silence or diversion via accusations of racism, finely illustrated below.

SedanChair posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

Rotherham and Cologne showed that when things get intersectional on the left, anti-racism is the overriding philosophy and other values such as feminism or public debate will have to give way to either silence or diversion via accusations of racism, finely illustrated below.

I'm proud you see me as the enemy.

• Locked thread