Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's epic that they announced a new Pokemon game and the only new feature, the leading line for the advertising, is that it now has a Chinese language option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they didn''t show anything but they said holiday 2016 and somehow they're going to let you connect your pokemon from gen 1 to the new games which i thought would be impossible

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm hype for the 800th pokemon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isnt Pokemon Bank a subscription service

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

wheres pokémon black ops. wheres special ops pikachu

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's also cool that Pokemon is going to bring about world peace

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh it's 5 dollars a year. That's nothing, I'm going to play Pokemon Red and make an awesome team.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

when children grow up trading, battling, connecting with children from all the worlds countries, war will be over.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure they have already said you could trade RBY over the Internet, but it is good to see it confirmed like that. but that direct was incorrect, you could transfer between systems, right? couldn't you transfer from RBY to GS by using an original game boy and a game boy color? and from there on through the chain all the way to the latest games?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am going to get all 151 real Pokemon and then take them through the modern games and it is going to be great.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Game Theory: The Sun and Moon ARE THE SAME (Direct Analysis)

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Oh it's 5 dollars a year. That's nothing, I'm going to play Pokemon Red and make an awesome team.

same, but i'm gonna get blue (or maybe yellow since i never played that). should i make an Imp Zone Cable Club thread?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could never get from G/S to Ruby/Sapphire. Pokemon Colosseum had Gen 2 Pokemon that could transfer with a GBA link cable, but that's the closest they got.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gen 4 let you plug a Gen 3 cart into the bottom of the DS but obviously that is limited by what model of DS you had. Not sure about Gen 4 and up, I kinda fell off after that.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's cool you can take the original ones into the new one imo. Maybe I'll get a complete pokedex with all 800 Pokemon this time

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

You could never get from G/S to Ruby/Sapphire. Pokemon Colosseum had Gen 2 Pokemon that could transfer with a GBA link cable, but that's the closest they got.

aw dang. I missed out on gen 3 so I didn't know about this

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to get Red version tomorrow.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

can't trade from gen 2 to 3 but a gen 3 can go all the way up to current gen

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mabels big day posted:

This

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

I am going to get Blue and Yellow, and I was going to fix up my old 3DS for trading purposes but now it sounds like I may not have to do that?? Anyway Blue has Meowth.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the closest you can get is this loving insanity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc_Jovck1so
at which point just release the original and pokegen a new one with the same stats

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Commissions available at Masterthecreater dot deviantart dot com.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

can't trade from gen 2 to 3 but a gen 3 can go all the way up to current gen

I'm going to go home and find out if I still have all my hardware in my closet and trade a Blaziken to Sun/Moon.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im so hyped i'm going for the Cable Club thread. i depend on your support

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

In Training posted:

I'm going to go home and find out if I still have all my hardware in my closet and trade a Blaziken to Sun/Moon.

you'll need two dses to do 4-5. uses download play

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they haven't said you can trade/battle over the internet with the gen 1 games right? I'm pretty sure you can only do local wireless. if you can do internet though then holy poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

they haven't said you can trade/battle over the internet with the gen 1 games right? I'm pretty sure you can only do local wireless. if you can do internet though then holy poo poo

I believe it's only local wireless.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although if it somehow can talk with Pokemon Bank over the Internet why wouldn't it be able to trade online?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm more interested in battling online than trading online, because gen 1 battles are way more fun than new gen battles

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I think they said it'll do online

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man...I wonder what would happen if you tried to upload Missingno to Pokemon Bank

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Oh man...I wonder what would happen if you tried to upload Missingno to Pokemon Bank

you get the Chaos Ending

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
If the new pokemon doesnt let you use 6 pokemon in online matchmaking I'm going to be ticked the heck off.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm definitely going to get Yellow since I've never played it before. I can't decide if I'm also going to get Blue because it's the one I had as a kid, or Red because it's not the one I had as a kid.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

If the new pokemon doesnt let you use 6 pokemon in online matchmaking I'm going to be ticked the heck off.

Me too man. i don't have high hopes.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I might get both Yellow and Blue since I never had Yellow and Blue is the one I had as a teen.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I had yellow as a kid and it kinda sucked because I could never abuse the missingno glitches

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

mabels big day posted:

I'm more interested in battling online than trading online, because gen 1 battles are way more fun than new gen battles

are you going to do the Kanto Classic.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
I'm going to replay Pokemon blue on my special edition Pokemon theme GBC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

mabels big day posted:

Me too man. i don't have high hopes.

They slowly kept introducing more things to make breeding perfect pokes easier, so I have at least some hope that someone there UnderStands

• Locked thread