Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I remember renting Dead Rising 2 from GameFly (back when I actually used that service in high school). Never got more than a few hours into it, but the base game was definitely a whole different world from the first. Like the first Dead Rising was pretty cartoonish with the custom weapons and Servbot heads, but Dead Rising 2 starts with chainsaw motorcycles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Actually according to Dead Rising: Watchtower, Frank West is officially supposed to be Rob Riggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m81kvgy20Y

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So for anyone curious, Zombie Go Boom actually made a nail-studded baseball bat to test on a plastic skull!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJb59bNClXw

Unfortunately, it's not quite as wondrous as its many video game appearances would suggest.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Assuming nobody minds it, I'm going to keep posting Zombie Go Boom videos whenever they're relevant to the current gameplay. As annoying as they can be sometimes, they're a cathartic blood splatter show and reveal some interesting properties of various weapons, including some Dead Rising-esque joke weapons like throwing vinyl records or rolls of Christmas wrapping paper.

For instance, to honor the now fallen broadsword, here's the founder of Cold Steel using a two-handed broadsword on one of their more advanced targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou3CMaM7UaQ

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 7, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also, I had a familiar feeling watching that video of the Cold Steel great sword and pulled out one of my many books on historical weaponry. It's extremely close to a real Thirty Years War parade sword in the book, but with a practical blade meant for cutting instead of a wavy "flame" blade that just looks cool.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fire Barrel posted:

Very nerdy, but cold steel stuff isn't really accurate to historical pieces, though some of their videos are certainly weird enough to watch. Some antique dealers and collectors I follow say that CS has improved at least in some regards though. The Scholagladiatoria Channel is run by an author, Victorian sabre dealer, and HEMA instructor that has lots of good info on this stuff (including those wavy bladed weapons).

Oh yeah, they're definitely not perfect 15th century katana replicas or anything (though their stuff is definitely legit and their swords work as swords, not display pieces made of cheap stainless steel). It's just that the whole shape of the great sword, from the half-grip with the extra guard to the blunt tip (designed for hacking rather than stabbing), is a very close replica to this particular parade sword. Cold Steel just had a practical blade shape instead of the useless wave.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's intriguing that guns are so weak. I know they wanted to make wacky melee weapons and combo weapons the centerpiece, but it may have been better to leave guns or ammo as rarities.

Shotguns are especially painful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX3z5jI4vXs

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

death .cab for qt posted:

Can't you throw the steaks or something to distract her? I swear I saw another LP where the steaks played a role, but that could be just for Chuck or something.

CJacobs said he'll show it off later, but if you give Snowflake 3 steaks after killing Ted you'll tame her and be able to take her back to the safehouse as a survivor.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Antistar01 posted:

Red camo exists in Metal Gear Solid 3... don't know about anywhere else, though.

Red camo pretty much doesn't exist in the realm of "real camo". The closest you'll get is slightly pinkish camo like this old Soviet airborne one. Full on red camo is a commercial invention that doesn't really blend in with much of anything.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Did somebody ask for Dead Alive's lawnmower scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxubSFRs8NU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scaramouche posted:

Dang dude the only people I've heard of who have to have gall bladders removed are high-end athletes who compete in high-impact sports, so I feel for your hockey/rugby career.

My mom got hers removed in 2010. She had gallstones that weren't visible on any of the scans she received when she went to the hospital complaining of pain and bloating, so she was repeatedly misdiagnosed and sent away. It didn't get a proper diagnosis until years after they started, when the blockage caused pancreatitis and she collapsed screaming in agony in the bathroom. It ended up coming extremely close to killing her.

• Locked thread