Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How am I suppose to loom good on D2 when there's a scum result on Quid? He was already at -2 when I checked in that day and I didn't see any reason to put him at -1 before he posted in the thread. I would have happily voted for him except I was cleaning my place when he melted down and self voted before you hammering him shorty after.

Then today the only reason I don't look good is because you think my claim looks too perfect. If I hadn't been out with my family yesterday I would have answered yesterday. And then I couldn't do anything while working because my phone battery was dead. It's an S4 active that had the original battery.

The only reason this day doesn't have anything else to go on is because scum got to hide behind merks soft claim and almost nobody bothered to post after it. MMT is the only person who even looked like they were trying to find scum today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm seriously baffled that more people aren't looking at this as an obvious mislynch. Scum don't even have to play today because all you guys are doing is jumping on the first easy thing to present itself.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

I'm seriously baffled that more people aren't looking at this as an obvious mislynch. Scum don't even have to play today because all you guys are doing is jumping on the first easy thing to present itself.

Quidnose tried the fake anger route too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Quidnose tried the fake anger route too.

This isn't fake anger. You made a bad play and essentially killed the day. What made you think that posting at 8am on a Sunday issuing an ultimatum that I have to claim in 4 hours was a good idea?

Why did you even bother to do it before I had even checked into the thread for the day?

Why do you completely discount the possibility of me telling the truth?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You had like 32 hours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Your original post was a 4 hour ultimatum. Posted on a Sunday morning.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The way to defeat a claim against you is to get whiny and transition that isn't a defeatist style. The fake anger and attack style never works unless your fake claim is real good to start.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And then nobody except MMT bothered to even try to get any sort of conversation going during the day.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Your original post was a 4 hour ultimatum. Posted on a Sunday morning.

And then I said "yeah I guess I should wait longer. It's Sunday."

And then I waited 32 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You thought you could play chicken against my claim for four hours. I held out longer. You continued to play. You lost man. The car hit you. I'm sorry. Swerve next time.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TMMadman posted:

If it's a mislynch, it's a mislynch that confirms merk is telling the truth. Because no way did he pick you out of a dozen people as someone who visited the NK target by chance. Not lynching you leaves both of your statuses in doubt. So:

##vote TMMadman

:redhammer:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like I'm seriously amused that nobody even wants to consider anyone else. It's just 'oh merk must be right and surely he tracked scum to the NK' in a game that had a framer and possibly a roleblocker (if Taste is telling the truth).

So if there are two scum who can mess with night results, why would you automatically think you could track a supposed killer?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You're dead fam

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

You're dead fam

:ghost: :quig: :ghost:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 3 Votecount :c:

TMMadman (7): merk, Max, SSV, Tomm, MMT, DBD, jedit

CCKeane (1): MMT, -MMT, TMM
jedit (1): Keane
Max (): MMT, SSV, -MMT, -SSV

:h: 12 alive, 7 to execute.

=============

The RCC selected its second victim. It was claimed that TMMadman was spotted near Birdstrike's dorm last night. The RCC surrounded him, chained him, and threw him into the lake. Checking his dorm revealed he was a deeply disturbed fraternity student who was mad Dr. meg-Tullain accused him of plagiarism. He also had a book on fireball spells and some spark powder in his underwear drawer.

:s: TMMadman, Marcas meg-Coughlin, Corrupt Student (mafia-aligned goon), was executed day 3. :s:

It is now Night 3. Submit your actions post-haste per favore.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Are you locking the thread for Night?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
...yes. I was updating the OP.

Please don't post after hammer.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
An explosion rocked the IT department. The main casualty was the campus camera security network. The second was the lone geek who sat behind the computer peeking through cameras at people.

:s: merk, Goberent "Gobby" meg-Mullain, IT Security (town-aligned tracker), was exploded night 3. :s:

It is now Day 4!
:h: 10 alive, 6 to execute
:d: Day 4 deadline: Wednesday, March 9th, ~11PM EST.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:ghost: ty in advance for the MVP :ghost:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm guessing we have a godfather then, potentially that being it,if we had a tracker over a cop kill.

FL who'd you investigate?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Assuming Taste is being truthful, we may have a roleblocker as well.

I would generally assume we have a godfather here, since merk was offed before the cop.

I'd also point out that TMM defended Jedit out of no where day one. STILL FEELING IT Y'ALL

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CCKeane posted:

Assuming Taste is being truthful, we may have a roleblocker as well.

I would generally assume we have a godfather here, since merk was offed before the cop.

I'd also point out that TMM defended Jedit out of no where day one. STILL FEELING IT Y'ALL

##vote CCKeane

I still think his opinion on Max is fake.

:rip: Merk, sorry I called you scummy d1.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Why isn't the cop dead tonight though, is my question.

I guess because merk, but still.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Why isn't the cop dead tonight though, is my question.

I guess because merk, but still.

FL/Merk were arguably equally dangerous to scum so I assume they killed one and RBed the other.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

There's also the fact that we haven't flipped any protective roles and a tracker is less likely to get a protect.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I've pretty much got it down to Keane, Tommunist, or Jedit, barring a Taste fake claim.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Murmur Twin posted:

FL/Merk were arguably equally dangerous to scum so I assume they killed one and RBed the other.

Yeah seems obvious now, for some reason I've had in my head 3 scum but it's pretty likely 4.

If FL comes back with an investigation I still think killing merk is a worse play even though he's been better at catching scum. You're banking on information coming out either way with a cop while the tracker needs to get lucky and hit mafia.

But that also makes it certain there is a godfather (if FL wasn't blocked) if they don't mind leaving a cop in the game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

But that also makes it certain there is a godfather (if FL wasn't blocked) if they don't mind leaving a cop in the game.

Max posted:

Ugh. I'm happy to defend myself but I am also very much aware of how bad I look because of my D1 play. I was sort of hoping to get investigated, honestly. (Not a scum claim)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Yeah, that was not a good post.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

There's also the fact that we haven't flipped any protective roles and a tracker is less likely to get a protect.

Worth noting that Night was only three hours long. That suggests there aren't many active roles left, and that the scum knew what they were doing in advance.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Hey Taste, was your action successful last night?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote CCKeane

I still think his opinion on Max is fake.

:rip: Merk, sorry I called you scummy d1.

Yes, yes, you, like merk, continue your strek of thinking I am scummy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMT, is your suspicion on CCKeane dependent on the idea that you think the two of us are scum together?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm,

I kinda think TMM really did screw up the vote on day 1 and really did miss DBD not unvoting, so I still think SSV isn't scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yo, read TMM and Quid under the lens of Jedit being scum, then read his case on me.

It works.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Flying Leatherman posted:

Hey Taste, was your action successful last night?

Indeed it was.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Yo, read TMM and Quid under the lens of Jedit being scum, then read his case on me.

It works.

Yeah. Reading Jedit trying to soft push SSV as a viable scum lunch after Quidnose flipping wasn't great for me at the time. Floating the idea that Quidnose was the godfather doesn't make sense to me from a town perspective because there is no reason to really think that, honestly.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

Indeed it was.

So was mine, that's weird.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Possible redirector?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or one of you is lying, but I sort of doubt that.

• Locked thread