Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

What does this even mean? I'm not a miller.

I'm a visitor. My sole role is to gently caress with trackers or watchers. I target someone in the night but don't actually do anything, I just get seen visiting that person if there is a tracker or watcher.

I'm pretty sure this game is all about loving with the night results. We've had a framer (or farmer) flip with a cop and a backup cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You should've claimed Visitor on d1 if that's your role.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Why would I claim it on D1? Why wouldn't I just hope that I don't get seen?

Why did you target me on N2? Who did you target on D1?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

This is correct, yes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

I'm a visitor. My sole role is to gently caress with trackers or watchers. I target someone in the night but don't actually do anything, I just get seen visiting that person if there is a tracker or watcher.

I'm pretty sure this game is all about loving with the night results. We've had a framer (or farmer) flip with a cop and a backup cop.

You're not a miller, but your role fills the same purpose except with trackers/watchers. If you have a role which is entirely based around causing false positives for investigations, you should just claim d1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Claiming day one is better for town.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

Visitor is essentially the same thing as Miller; both should be claimed D1 to avoid obfuscating night results.

preview: merk beat me to it

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
So did everyone else apparently

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why, so I can get lynched in D1? Tracking results aren't conclusive, so there is no reason to claim visitor on D1.

And once again, someone explain why I wasn't hyperaware of the votes on D1? How does it make sense for scum to mess up the D1 vote?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And if I get tracked to someone who doesn't die in the night then I'm not in this position.

There's no way I'm ever claiming visitor on D1.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
nah lol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

An obfuscating role claim is worthless when claimed AFTER the investigation.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And if I had been able to post yesterday then I would have claimed the same loving thing.

But just because I couldn't post, it's now 'oh you must be guilty' and ' you should have claimed on d1'

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

You're scum.
You're scum.
You're scum.
Nope.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Seriously though, why not claim D1?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Because it's better to roll the dice on whether you'd be seen!!!!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

You're scum.
You're scum.
You're scum.
Nope.

So explain why I messed up the vote on D1 if I'm scum? Do you think I'm scum with SSV who should have been lynched? With DBD who messed up his vote?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I've put visitors in my games before so I don't think it's a crazy claim but the whole post just seems too tidy and thought out. It's hard to explain really, it just reads... wrong. Like I know when I'm scum and I have to claim I have to make sure every part of my post is perfect and that's what it sort of seems like. It's a lovely explanation, but that's how I read TMM's post.

I also don't like the last part being brought up about catching or not catching votes. It was a helpful thing you were doing and that was that. Nobody really brought it up and you are using it as a reasoning to why you aren't scum. At best it's a helpful thing you did, but I don't think that really exonerates you from any other feelings that people have. I think your interaction / lack there of with Quidnose who was pretty involved with things D1 is a lot more damning.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Don't know or care until after you flip.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Seriously though, why not claim D1?

Because if I don't get tracked or get tracked to someone who doesn't die then I'm in the clear.

Even the wiki page for visitor doesn't say 'you should claim on D1' like it does for a miller.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh well if the WIKI says it

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

TMMadman posted:

Because if I don't get tracked or get tracked to someone who doesn't die then I'm in the clear.

Even the wiki page for visitor doesn't say 'you should claim on D1' like it does for a miller.

PACK IT IN BOIZ

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMM if you really are town, see if you can give us a more likely scum target instead of just defending your terrible decision to not claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:anime:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I've put visitors in my games before so I don't think it's a crazy claim but the whole post just seems too tidy and thought out. It's hard to explain really, it just reads... wrong. Like I know when I'm scum and I have to claim I have to make sure every part of my post is perfect and that's what it sort of seems like. It's a lovely explanation, but that's how I read TMM's post.

I also don't like the last part being brought up about catching or not catching votes. It was a helpful thing you were doing and that was that. Nobody really brought it up and you are using it as a reasoning to why you aren't scum. At best it's a helpful thing you did, but I don't think that really exonerates you from any other feelings that people have. I think your interaction / lack there of with Quidnose who was pretty involved with things D1 is a lot more damning.

If I'm scum, then I'm going to he hyperaware of the votes and looking to mislynch someone. I'm not going to let you miss unvoting. It doesn't make sense unless SSV is also scum.

I'm really just getting pounded here because I wasn't able to make my claim yesterday. It would have been exactly the same post, except it wouldn't have the reasons I could post until I did in it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

TMM if you really are town, see if you can give us a more likely scum target instead of just defending your terrible decision to not claim.

I think Keane is an excellent target. Look at how he egged on the day and kept saying he wanted to see me shot. He is slinging poo poo at me, but not voting on it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

If I'm scum, then I'm going to he hyperaware of the votes and looking to mislynch someone. I'm not going to let you miss unvoting. It doesn't make sense unless SSV is also scum.

I'm really just getting pounded here because I wasn't able to make my claim yesterday. It would have been exactly the same post, except it wouldn't have the reasons I could post until I did in it.

Why couldn't you be scum and simply miss it though? Everybody missed it. Even the scum in the game, why wouldn't the other scum in the game be aware of this and point it out to me?

Personally, when or when you didn't claim wouldn't have really changed for me whether I thought you were scum or town, but I can't speak for others.

Who is pinging you the most? Only Keane?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'd be willing to look at Jedit today because I thought he'd post a bit more, but he has been pretty absent. Some of that may be due to merk and the soft claim though.

Everyone just kind of let the day slip away after that soft claim.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
People I think are town: MMT, DBD, FL.

People who are probably town: Tomm (still wary of a godfather), SSV (I'll be pissed if he flips scum and I inadvertently saved him on D1), merk (wrong about me but hasn't been counterclaimed).

People I think are scum: everyone else.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
My last post is grammatically structured really badly and I blame it on all of the taquitos I just ate.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I think Keane is an excellent target. Look at how he egged on the day and kept saying he wanted to see me shot. He is slinging poo poo at me, but not voting on it.

Haha, this is terrible.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Haha, this is terrible.

Whatever you say scumbo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

:rolleyes: Okay.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

This is just my opinion, but busy people who get Visitor as their role don't read the Mafia Wiki entry on "Visitor"; people lying and looking for information to support a fakeclaim do.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

This is just my opinion, but busy people who get Visitor as their role don't read the Mafia Wiki entry on "Visitor"; people lying and looking for information to support a fakeclaim do.

Or someone who gets visitor and looks at the wiki page before confirming into the game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'd be willing to look at Jedit today because I thought he'd post a bit more, but he has been pretty absent. Some of that may be due to merk and the soft claim though.

Everyone just kind of let the day slip away after that soft claim.

Yeah, sorry, I got distracted by life. I'm here now and will be looking in regularly for the next two or three hours.

That said, I'm not sure what there is to say. I just don't see any way that merk can be lying here, and you would be really unfortunate to have visited the NK target as Town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

Yeah, sorry, I got distracted by life. I'm here now and will be looking in regularly for the next two or three hours.

That said, I'm not sure what there is to say. I just don't see any way that merk can be lying here, and you would be really unfortunate to have visited the NK target as Town.

Go look at the Sentinels of the Multiverse game that was run by Little Mac recently. My role could create an unconfirmed masonry with someone each night and for N1 and N2, I visited the NK target. I'm apparently really good at inadvertently picking the NK target.

I know merk isn't lying about me visiting Bird and I'm not denying it. I'm just saying that he is coming to the wrong conclusion and I think the game state as it is should make that fairly evident. This game has a cop, a backup cop, a framer, a tracker and a visitor. It's apparently a game that is all about messing with the night results.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And let's not all forget that Taste has a role too. Maybe he is a doctor, but I don't think a doctor would claim being roleblocked at the start of D2.

So maybe we should be looking harder at Taste since he's claimed to be roleblocked twice even though there was an outed cop on N2.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Murmur Twin posted:

There's a tendency round here to policy lynch people who claim roles that make them look guilty on Day 1. I'm not going to blame someone for not doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote TMMadman

Just too many things to ignore and there isn't enough on anybody else for me to feel comfortable lynching them, I've raised my suspicion since the start of the day. My second choice would be Max, third I'm not too sure about yet. I think there's a really good chance he flips scum but if he actually is telling the truth we have some rope to play with and the posts he made / the way people have reacted to him is a bit telling. Could be some bussing going on with mafia identifying that TMM is most likely a goner, and his post about who he feels is town/scum may be worth looking at in a few different lights tomorrow depending on the flip.

I have to take a nap, I'm loving exhausted. Sorry TMM, I always have a soft spot for people that defend me when I'm getting heat early as town but after D1 you haven't looked so great.

• Locked thread