Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TELL THE TRUTH

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh look I missed nothing

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm town guys. See you day 2.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote MMT

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

The reason I'm voting merk here, for example, is that this low effort play d1 seems out of character for his town play. On the other hand, as scum he'll take a bit more time to get moving and sooner abandon lines of thinking or indeed any posting whatsoever.

Is this fake or have you really failed to understand how I play this game?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was just lynched as town on d1 in my last game for low effort. Literally two weeks ago. I change styles in every game, trying new things. I've said this numerous times.

That has to be fake.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

I know I've picked you right the last 2 or 3 times I made the call :shrug:

You were 100% for a long time in the soldiers game, the last game we played together.

This is some real bad stuff, Taste. I can't tell whether it's scummy or not yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think you even made a wrong meta read in the soldiers game to say why I was town. I'd go look but on a phone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Taste

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
MMT is also a good vote.

Quidnose is a dark horse good vote.

Good luck. Maybe see you day 2.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Reaction shot: Quidnose reads like someone who knows I'm town.

##vote Quidnose

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

Double reaction, merk you caught up with thread?

Nope

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Probably won't.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Reaction shot: Quidnose reads like someone who knows I'm town.

##vote Quidnose

##vote Quidnose

merk: best player

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Flying Leatherman posted:

I got an explicit scum result, so I don't think so.

What is the wording of the result?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool, well, the scum are mafia-aligned, so that seems odd.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

So how do we know this merk

The op doesn't seem to specify

I win when all mafia-aligned players are removed from the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

Before you all turbo me, I performed a night action last night that "will cause suspicion," which makes me a miller when I perform it but I guess Ecco game so that would explain the discrepancy in language there.

See ya.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Goodbye. He's scum. Let's move on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TMM, you have four hours to claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Four hours on a Sunday may have been a little harsh. TMM, your first post needs to be a claim or I'm going to shoot you in the face.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane, it sucks that you rolled scum this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, so TMM is just not going to post?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, well, we should all lynch TMM. He visited Birdstrike.

##vote TMM

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Next scum is Keane. Good luck, everyone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

I'm Marcas meg-Coughlin. My flavor is an insomniac student who wanders the campus at night. My role is a 'Visitor' in that I move to people at night but don't actually do anything. I visited MMT on N1 and Bird on N2 because I didn't think they would be killed on those nights. I can't visit the same person each night and my action has no confirmation.

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but my parents were in town and I woke up, went directly to brunch with them and then spent the day with them and my aunt/uncle and a couple of cousins.

Unfortunately, my phone battery also died yesterday and I wasn't able to get a new one until just now.

So do what you will. I'm sure your all going to hang me anyway. It sure is nice that merk completely stalled the day with his soft claim and then nobody really bothered to even try playing mafia and instead just waited for me to make a post. It sure is an easy way to let scum get away with murder.

And if I'm scum, why in the world wasn't I hyper aware of the votes during D1? Why wouldn't I have caught DBDs bad vote and gotten him to revote SSV? The only way it works is if I'm scum with SSV, but since I'm not scum that doesn't work.

Playing the chicken game with me is always a loss. You should've gambled on a claim yesterday.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You should've claimed Visitor on d1 if that's your role.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Why would I claim it on D1? Why wouldn't I just hope that I don't get seen?

Why did you target me on N2? Who did you target on D1?

You're scum.
You're scum.
You're scum.
Nope.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Because it's better to roll the dice on whether you'd be seen!!!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Don't know or care until after you flip.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:anime:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

I'm seriously baffled that more people aren't looking at this as an obvious mislynch. Scum don't even have to play today because all you guys are doing is jumping on the first easy thing to present itself.

Quidnose tried the fake anger route too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You had like 32 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The way to defeat a claim against you is to get whiny and transition that isn't a defeatist style. The fake anger and attack style never works unless your fake claim is real good to start.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Your original post was a 4 hour ultimatum. Posted on a Sunday morning.

And then I said "yeah I guess I should wait longer. It's Sunday."

And then I waited 32 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You thought you could play chicken against my claim for four hours. I held out longer. You continued to play. You lost man. The car hit you. I'm sorry. Swerve next time.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You're dead fam

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:ghost: ty in advance for the MVP :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I played way better by not even reading the thread beyond a skim until day 2. Caught Quid off of two posts, caught TMM after Quid flipped. That's kind of sad.

• Locked thread