Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
tree

dude

tree

dude dude

sirtommygunn posted:

So what should the new thread title be?

SUPERHOT - Too HOT to be punished for the tag

(But really: "It's the most innovative shooter you've played in years!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
SUPERHOT -

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Is there a surefire way to make your katana bounce/ricochet rather than stick to a surface?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Why the hell did you have to remind me of youdubber?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
How do you guys get direct .mp4 URLs from killstagram?

Also, I think I broke something.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I went through the story twice (the second time to get secrets) and neither time I got the "kill a bunch of dudes with one trigger press" achievements.

Then...

I got both in the same minute. :byob1:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I don't know why but I love the aesthetic plus the IRC chat. I wish I was part of a chat room community on a monochrome monitor (and an obnoxiously loud keyboard) :allears:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

The Kins posted:

Someone on Reddit used their One Question to ask the game director about a level editor:

quote:

We hope we will be good enough to deliver.

I don't know why but that humble demeanor is precious as heck. :3:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Remember that level where you start off about to jump on three guys with a katana? I dare anyone to beat my hotswitch time.

Sure thing :c00lbert:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Hey thanks, glad you like.

The only way I could see it being SLIGHTLY faster is if I get all 4 up there in a single rifle burst

That said, please enjoy (and share) this other replay I'm proud of.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Well done. Could never take on a rifleman head on like that.

Also, some highlights from a fullstop level.

Ada posted:

When you have a melee weapon equipped, enemies will have a pattern overlaid on them to show you're in range. If you target bullets, they'll have the same pattern on them when you can cut them. If they're too high or low you won't get the pattern, however.

I managed to cut down some rounds even without getting the pattern, you just have to know that they're close enough to cut.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
SUPERHOT

SUPERHOT

superhot

sup...

:shepicide:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Happens to me all the time. It's generally forcing me to do all of the challenge modes in 1-2 runs, which I rarely do.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Some replay highlights:

That Matrix dodge!

Some cheating rear end red guy literally shrugging off a gun IN THROWING MODE! :argh:

Me bullying a red guy

Anyone up for darts?

Megaspel posted:

Also is there anyway to hack the loving "SUPER HOT" covering the screen when you beat a level? I want to see the cool replay without text covering literally the entire screen. I guess you just have to edit the replay every time you beat a level?

Yes, just tap F5 and it will stop the superhot until you quit

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Ugh, I can't stop topping myself in the ballroom related times. (Fullstop)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I'm glad I 'accidentally' got the achievement for SpeedrunRT because I am not efficient enough to do such a thing IRL. :smith:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I realized why I don't find The Endless as fun as everything else:

Because it doesn't end with SUPER.HOT.

This game got me good. :sigh:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I can only assume someone left one of my replays on loop overnight because I didn't show this one off to anyone (nothing super gimmicky happens, and it's not even my fastest time of this level) and it's got near 6000 views :stare:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Like a loving ballet

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
holy gently caress you're slender man :stare:

(I think it's numpad 2 that spawns that...mess)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Thanks for reloading my gun for me, nerd.. :cool:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

eSporks posted:

I wan to try and get 2-3 guns and just juggle them off a while so you are firing non-stop.

Something like this?

Not perfect, but it was what I tried (several dozen times) to do.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
(super)HOT off the presses, they came out with a new patch

quote:

Here is our current changelog:

• upgraded KILLSTAGRAM clips quality
  • a bunch of achievements related fixes
  • fixed malfunctioning weapons when picking them right after [REDACTED]
  • fixed game logic bugs in [REDACTED] challenge
  • fixed various random crashes in Mac/Linux versions
  • fixed occasionally missing sounds issue
  • fixed occasional progress loss in Challenges
  • fixed bunch of minor game logic issues
  • fixed another issue with performance degrading on a high-end PCs in selected cases
  • fixed v-sync halving framerate in selected cases

More to come soon.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

eSporks posted:

I wan to try and get 2-3 guns and just juggle them off a while so you are firing non-stop.

I felt like a motherfucking tasmania devil.

eSporks posted:

I hate elevator so much, I am not looking forward to trying to real time it. If I do end up doing single segment runs of this game, that level will be a run killer.

The thought of doing it in NoRestart mode is giving me the agita. :ohdear:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
One thing I've noticed as I abuse mechanics to make fun videos is that while throwing an object directly will stun them, interrupting a bullet mid flight, or shooting an object, will actually make an AoE stun effect that can affect multiple enemies right around the point of impact.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

how me a frog posted:

This game is not my cup of tea, but I have that queer SUPER... HOT... SUPER... HOT voice clip embedded in my brain from watching the giant bomb quicklook help how do I get rid of it?

The first day after I played this game, I couldn't play any other game until I played more SUPERHOT. This game has something to it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Seriously, the story of this game deserves more attention. It's insanely rad. I was legitimately creeped out as gently caress by a large portion of the game.

Some goon yelled about reused tropes which, if they were egregious, didn't bother me at all...

But goddrat did this game make me miss 1980 computer displays/sounds. I might seriously get some sort of whirring IBM white noise track. What a disturbingly soothing sound. That along with the (fake) chat was one of the most immersive experiences I've ever been through this year. :allears:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

AlphaKretin posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

I love that the ending is basically "promote this game for us, don't spoil poo poo" :allears:

Reminds me of an aspect of Receiver, where the game is essentially playing in a deliberately intangible world where Receivers can fight against the menace where others are asleep (in a Matrix like setting, I imagine). However, one of the tapes is, in part: "Your crude world is not the true reality. Your physical body here is the shadow cast by your transcendent mind. We call this higher plane "Reality A", and your world of shadows "Reality B". If you're receiving this message in a fictional context, you are at an even deeper level, one that we cannot reach."

Like the other poster mentioned, that poo poo got to me. Not that I believed it, but it's chilling to think about.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I interpreted it as you're not supposed to be in there, but you keep coming back, so who/whatever is in charge of the System basically just decided "gently caress it, let's make this weirdo useful."

If you find all the secrets, you get a look at how recruitment is done (super post-game spoilers) in the chat room.

Edit: Son of a bitch, I just found out there are secrets in the Endless levels. :catstare:

Morter fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 4, 2016

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

atomicthumbs posted:

the press E to super, press Q to hot (or whichever) bit was amazing

look for "diy.exe"

you're welcome :pcgaming:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is 2013 mode new?

It's been there since the full game release.

I knew gently caress all about any betas/prototypes though

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Gharbad the Weak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdPE3mQ6GcE

Apparently, there actually IS a way to do a single challenge mode in endless mode. It may be a bug, but heck yes.

Yes.... :circlefap:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
If I ignore it, maybe it'll go away...

(Don't know how to remove the first person artifacts from the replay--they weren't there when I recorded it)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Primetime posted:

I beat that one by abusing the rifles. Hardest part is the start, which can be pretty consistently done by jumping over the table and punching right, left, and grabbing a gun.

Also I know there's a replay mode, but I wish the game stopped spamming superhot after every run after you beat the game. I'm here to watch cool replays, why impede on that?

Is pressing F5 really that difficult?

Personally, I like being told that my efforts are SUPER.HOT., but yeah just going into edit mode real quick is simple.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
That is sadly still full stop WITH the penalties, but it's still fun

Had a hoot with Throwing mode in the Office. I didn't realize how many katanamans they threw at you though!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Jokingly said to a friend that I was playing SUPERHOT in training for actual bullet slinging in The Division. He then started spamming me with SUPER.AGENT.SUPER.AGENT.

Until I suddenly rememebered this and giggled my tits off.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
You don't have to throw your bat. Literally just hold space and forward (W) as the map is (re)starting. You'll be super slow mo and have lots of air control. From there, you'll land on the roof

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Ooh, whoops. I misread that as having to throw the bat before you can even reach the roof to begin with. But that goes with out saying, you need both (??) hands to access the terminal

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

PBCrunch posted:

What is the last challenge? I don't think I have the patience for Speedrun RT or NoRestart. I have 100% in all the other challenges. Impossible mode and Fists Only are HARD.

Agreed on literally everything.

I think it's called FUNFUNFUN mode but I might be wrong.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Surprised that it took me until now to pull this off, in terms of gun juggling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Improbable Lobster posted:

It seems to be between 4 and 6 throws to kill usually

Three if you're fast enough :byob1:

Also yeah, 'health' seems to be tied to a quickly recovering stamina bar. The longer you take to beat someone up with non-lethal attacks, the more it takes to take them out. Three punches are normally rapid enough, but it's harder to find and throw 3 things fast enough to kill someone.

• Locked thread