Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

"Bravura!" poo poo, why'd she run off like that? I was just telling the truth, thank you by the way Avatar! "Thanks Avatar, at least someone remembers!" I don't have time to hang around though, taking just a second to give Vermillion a condescending look at her ridiculous outburst -honestly, I thought her freaking out about Bravura shooting Sciromancer was just like, stress or something but it looks like she's actually crazy- then I run off after Bravura, calling back to Avatar as I go, "Don't let them lie about me while I'm gone Avatar!!"

<godfist> provoke Avatar
<godfist> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfist, 3 = 3
welp, potential


Its easy enough to catch up to Bravura, considering she can't go anywhere near as fast as I can. "Bravura!" I stop in front of her, looking obviously concerned. But, I don't know what to say now that I'm here! Crap. Uh. "I'm sorry Bravura, but its true! I think you'd be a great team leader, definitely better than Sylphid!" What can I say to her to make her feel better?

<godfist> pierce Bravura's mask (-2 angry +1 influence +1 love)
<godfist> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfist, 12-1 = 11
<godfist> :O
What do you want me to do?
How could I get your character to be cool with me being the team captain?
How could I get your character to forgive Jewels in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance

"Oh dear hold the phone I gotta catch Vermillion. Shodan, please do tell Lovelace how the conversation with Ms. Doring really went, okay?"

Without waiting for an answer, she dashes off. Following one explosion of feathers later, Sylphid is now up in the air, easily keeping pace with Vermillion.

"Vermillion, I'm sorry I didn't say hi. Had to talk to Lovelace. Look, please forgive the others. Everyone is super on edge because of what happened. Don't let others get you down, okay? You're a valued member of this team, no matter what they say. But, you really got to calm down and think things through. Even if it seems easy to solve things by just punching them. Rushing in alone never ends well. Why don't you come down with me and tell everyone what you know? With your help, we can get Ms. Doring back. But I don't believe any of us can get her back ourselves. We know too little about our opponent. Come on, Vermillion. We got to get the team to work together again. You got to help me with that! Please..."

Comforting/Supporting Vermillion: 2d6+0 3 Meh. Exp.

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Sylphid posted:

"Well, first off, you should see that clearance problem dealt with, I suppose. But finding Ms. Doring is more important, right now. I'm going to be frank here - I don't think we can do that without CASTLE's help. I've already attempted some magical tracking methods, but it didn't work. Whoever those guys were, they used tech to portal around. I'm sure the other Valkyries have started some investigations on their own, but I didn't get notified of success yet. And honestly, we don't really have the technology or infrastructure to do so."

Pierce Mask results- Lovelace is attempting to provide a link between Castle and the Valkyries. This is, of course, on top of Shodan's Peirce Mask findings as well.

Anyway...

"Based on what Jewels has told us... this technology matches that of a Metahuman Supremacy group who call themselves... one second, my note pad is lagging for some reason..."

Her notepad is lagging? I wonder why, Shodan?

Any way, she types, and types, and types. Soon, a hologram has illuminated from it...



"There we go. Cerberus. Now as you all have probably studied in your classes, the Cerberus is a Greek legend. A three headed beast, what many believed to be a hellhound, that was charged to be the guardian to the gates of hades. The defender to the relm of death. As to why they call themselves Cerberus isn't entirely clear... but what we do know..."

Button push, a an image of an oriental man is shown walking out of a plane at an airfield. Long trench coat covers his body, hat covers his face.

"...is that they are lead by this man. He goes by the name of Hades, Emporer of Cerberus. King of the underworld in Greek myths... so Castle is noticing a Greek connection here... though it could also be a front. Who knows? He also goes by Kaehi the Eternal..."

Shrug. "Anyway, he has a strikeforce known as the Misfits. A group of Metahumans who have a grudge against the government for several reasons. Some imagined... others legitimate." She looks over at Jewels. "...some of these metas were former Gemm victims that Castle has lost track of. I'm not authorized to tell you all that. Keep it to yourselves for now."

Bravura posted:

"If you can help us track that portal, our teams can handle it. You can rely on us," she says.

Lovelace smiled. "Way ahead of you... infact, even as we speak, our technicians are trying to cross reference energy traces of previous Misfit attacks..."

And it's here, during a boring, overly descriptive and detailed layout of the process, that the side conversations began...

...infact it's when you speak up, Jewels, that she stops talking about the Triangulation between China and the North Pole stations.

Jewels posted:

"You probably didn't get updated on it because it was right before the attack, but Ms. Doring was meeting with me, Sylphid, Avatar and Shodan about the teams, and she decided to change the teams to be Me, Shodan, Avatar and Bravura on one team, and Sylphid, Seraphim, Fission and Vermilion on the other, lead by me and Sylphid."

"...really?" She blinks and taps into her notepad again. "Well if that is true, Juliet, we have never recieved the request for the Leadership qualification. Possibly because of the attack. And without her being here... yeah. I'll see about it, though..."

Critical opportunity to convince her to put you on leadership over Bravura. Convince her to sign you up for Leadership qualifications.

Shodan posted:

"Lovelace, just throw everyone on one team, put Sylphid in charge, Bravura can be second in command 'cuz I guess we're going with Superpowered Affirmative Action, and the rest of us will be fine. My mutation's saying that's the best decision."

"Well... to just do that out of the blue is unauthorized! I-ur...I can't just..."

Sylphid posted:

"Jewels... I'm disappointed. If you want to be team leader, lying to get into the position is not a way to go about it. Especially not in front of the two other people other than Doring which were present. It just shows you're not up for the task in more way than one..." she very clearly corrects, making sure Lovelace can hear it, "No, it's Bravura that's been selected as leader for team two and that how it should stay."

"Now now! While Shodan has made a logical suggestion, it was never made official for Jewels to Lead Team Two, nor for there to be a single te-"

Avatar posted:

"For the record, having a 'leader' is still a stupid idea, and still nobody has shown that they're suited for it," I say, tone dipping into irritation. "It's a solution that doesn't work, for a problem that doesn't exist, that's all." I glare at Sylphid in particular. "Miss Doring was wrong then, and she's not here now. There's no reason for Bravura - or you to be leader of anything. All this... team and leader nonsense just gets in the way of us actually doing things."

"AMY! How can you just thumb your nose at being organized!? Without a headship, with out organization, there is only chaos! We can't just run around like headless chick-"

Jewels (by the way, this is getting rediculous in a lovely way) posted:

"Are you stupid Sylphid? If you actually remembered the conversation you'd know she didn't say anything about Bravura being one of the leaders, and there were three other people with Doring if you actually bothered to use your brain." I glance over at Avatar and nod. "I agree with Avatar on this, but as long as we're having leaders, we should pay attention to what Ms. Doring actually said, which wasn't what you're pretending."

Looking back at Sylphid, I give her a glare. "And I don't think you should be throwing any stones about leadership potential considering after the botch you made of it its obvious to everyone the only reason you have one of the spots is because of nepotism."

"Okay... you all need to calm-"

Bravura posted:

"That is so not true!" I blurt, stepping away from her and turning to face her at the same time. "Miss Doring has Mrs. Lewis evaluate me and everything! Why are you lying?"

"...ladies, please..."

Jewels posted:

Goddammit! "I'm not lying!" I round on Bravura this time, glaring at her. Why did she have to interfere, I'm just trying to keep her safe! "Ms. Doring never said anything about making you a team leader when we were meeting with her, so if she told you that alone then she must have changed her mind! She did that a lot as well when we were meeting, but she said she was going to put me as the leader of the other team, but she needed me to balance out the original team, but then she decided to switch me for Seraphim!"

"Juliet, your anger isn't help-"

Bravura posted:

"Must suck knowing you got everything handed to you," I shoot at her.

I'm shaking. "Screw you all," I snap, wheeling and heading towards the school. I'm assuming it's laid out the same, but either way, I'd rather wander the halls than stay with these jerks.

"Gwen! Wait-"

Shodan posted:

"Everyone realizes the Leadership position is like, some Whose Line Is It Anyways points-type poo poo, right? It doesn't loving matter?"

Lovelace spins on her heels _again_ to stare at Shodan. "First, language! Second..."

Dragon posted:

"Do you guys not realize how... how incredibly childish it is, to start a fight about who should or shouldn't be around? Do you somehow think that starting fights and insulting each other will get you seen as a better leader, instead of just a jerk?"

I am honestly tempted to punch Jewels, since I knew she could take it, but that would just be the dumbest of things, on par with them, "We already lost one person, we almost lost three of you to a collapsing building. And instead of being thankful for being alive and well we're what? Trying to hurt each other, trying to make each other quit, so we feel good? Why go out of your way to start fights? Just make amends so we can move past this childish spat and start doing important things. If leadership doesn't matter, then stop making a huge deal out of fighting over who should or shouldn't have it!"

"Yes! Yes, please let just calm down and..."

Avatar posted:

"I was there, what Jewels is saying is true. Didn't know it was so 'childish' for someone to not want to be thought of as a liar." I glance at Jewels, and smile. "Don't worry, I'm around to back you up, even when people want you to be wrong."

Lovelace took a breath. "...are any of you even listening to me-"

Obviously, Avatar isn't posted:

"Way to go, you step in to be the big hero when it doesn't matter anymore. Do us all a favour; go do something useful instead of demanding things of other people."

"Amy, stop! All of you, please think about this for a sec-"

Dragon posted:

"Do something useful? Me? Oh, you mean like pulling most of you out of a collapsing building, after you almost died away from everyone else? How about when I stopped you from trying to skewer Jewels on your arms, because your little toys decided to freak out? Or maybe how about I know who attacked us and kidnapped Ms. Doring, but no one cares what Lisa knows, no one cares about making plans, they just care about insulting each other and acting like they're oh so superior. No obviously she can't have anything important to say, just ignore her when she says hi. Obviously she's useless." I roll my eyes at her, and it takes all of my energy to not just punch her right there, "Because I'm sure trying to kill your teammates, and then defending them chasing off another is super useful to the team."

I unfold my wings, I don't even care who is around me, or if I might hit them with them. "You know what? You want to think your toys are so important, and people's feelings aren't? You want to act like this is fine? Then enjoy being the villains of this story. I don't need any of you to go find Doring. It's not like this is actually a team anyways."

"Wait Lisa!"

Jewels continues this catastrophe posted:

"Bravura!" poo poo, why'd she run off like that? I was just telling the truth, thank you by the way Avatar! "Thanks Avatar, at least someone remembers!" I don't have time to hang around though, taking just a second to give Vermillion a condescending look at her ridiculous outburst -honestly, I thought her freaking out about Bravura shooting Sciromancer was just like, stress or something but it looks like she's actually crazy- then I run off after Bravura, calling back to Avatar as I go, "Don't let them lie about me while I'm gone Avatar!!"

"Juliet! not you too! Sylphid! Could you..."

Sylphid posted:


"Oh dear hold the phone I gotta catch Vermillion. Shodan, please do tell Lovelace how the conversation with Ms. Doring really went, okay?"

"b-b-but I need you he-"

Sylphid posted:

Without waiting for an answer, she dashes off.

Lovelace stares at the feathery explosion. "...why am I even here?"

She waits, looking at each of you, Shodan and Avatar, before looking down, defeated.

"...yeah. Good talk, right? Way to inspire the team! All hail Ms. Lovelace, she's an inspiration for us all!"

Sigh. "...dismissed. Both of you. I guess we'll get about talking about Ms. Doring when you all come back to your freaking minds! I sure as hell can't. I need a drink..."

And Lovelace walks off.

It's at this point, Avatar, that you feel a 'tingle'. The computers found something! All this drama kept you unaware of it!

Sooo the analysis:

The portal used utilized Zero-point energy! Thus by tracking the same energy wavelength, you can find the point of it's origin!

...which means you need to find him... . You know of whom I speak.

But where 'is' Sciromancer? Well, you can get a certain someone's help on that.

The Archivist had something on the hardrive. At first, you hd no idea what it meant... now you do. He somehow predicted that you needed to find Sciromancer. And on the Quantem Hardrive was an algorithm you could use to find the man's suit... but it's heavily encrypted... and only Acrchivist has the password to that.

If Shodan hacked into it... who knows what evil was inside waiting to be unleashed. his means you are going to have to make a deal with the devil.

To find Ms. Doring:

1. Find Sciromancer to gain access to the ability to track the Zero-Point Traces
2. Make a deal with the Archivist.

As for the rest of you... well, what now?

Dragon, you're looking for Doring on your own? With Sylphid by your side? Well, how do you go about doing that?

Jewels and Bravura, well, the two of you are having a heart to heart. don't let me stop you!

Shodan... well, that was... something. Well, you have nothing to do at the moment. What do you do?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location:

Getting to Ms. Doring would be easy - if my Father was all about rescuing strays to add to his little army, like a little guardian angel out to protect us freaks from normals, then I'd just have to lure him out. Walk proudly in the streets, let people spit on me, let myself look tread upon. If I could reach him, I could even get Archangel to make it look really good, he seems the type to love deception. And then... well, once I was in I have no clue how I'd get to her, but I'm sure I could handle it. I'm sure that these 'Gemms' couldn't actually stop me, I'm me, I move wrong and things break, things break badly.

I'm just flying away when I can positively hear Sylphid coming. She's fast, faster than I could ever hope to be, really. She amazed me every time she showed it off, sometimes I just lost track of her whirring like that. She was so lucky with her powers, she had people to teach her to use them, she looked... well, better than normal, she was just so utterly blessed, in every way I was cursed, and it was hard for me to not be upset about it sometimes, even though I never really wanted to be. She gets to be the leader, she gets to be beautiful, everyone wants to hear her opinions. She's yelling at me, and apologizing, and it's just stupid, there's no reason for this - she can't hold the team together, the team obviously hates each other.

"Just go away! I don't need to be a Valkyrie! I don't want to deal with all the fighting, and everyone getting so upset at each other over every little thing! I don't wanna be on a team with some jerk who doesn't value anything but their own stupid toys, or people who think I can't do anything! I spent three months hoping someone would try to talk to each other, and get the team together, and instead none of us even wanted to talk! We shouldn't work together if we can't stand each other that much!"

22:12 KittyEmpress provoke sylphid into leaving >:
22:12 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
22:12 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 10-1 = 9
Take a condition if you don't leave, sylphy

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:
Location: School Grounds

Well gently caress, that went poorly. It's goddamn weird, but there's some part of me that feels like it was partially my fault - not sure I like that. Really, when you get right down to it, the problem is that my team is made up of thinskinned babies that fail to properly recognize my genius. Unfortunately, they're also the meatshields I need - since they're the ones with cool physical powers that I have to spend like, a trillion hours designing devices to counter or emulate. Meanwhile... nobody's said it, but I'm not stupid. Everyone has to know I was the only person on the team that actually got like, defeated. It deeply, deeply annoys me, but it's totally true - and there's no way that didn't play into the motivations of the rest of the team not visiting me in the hospital.

Basically, I have to get the team working again - because as much as it pains me to say it, I sort of need them.

Bravura, Dragon, Sylphid, Jewels, and Lovelace have all stormed off, leaving Avatar and I by ourselves but with a lot to think about. Cerberus... gotta admit, kinda looking forward to getting to go up against them. One, they sound like dicks - I have issues with the government too, but I'm not terrorizing people about it - and two, I bet they have either a tech-wizard or super genius, and I'd love a proper rival to prove myself superior too.

"Hah, we're the emotionally stable ones somehow - wouldn't have guessed that," I remark to Avatar, smirking since she's in on the joke while I produce a datapad from my trenchcoat. Tapping out a few quick messages on it, I keep explaining things to her as I do. "Anyways, CASTLE has secrets on all of us, and Lovelace actually kinda wants to tell us." I stare at her for a moment, both to express the severity of what I'm saying and also because she's cute to make sure she doesn't need me to talk slower or something. "I know it's not really a /me/ thing to say, but we should probably go easy on her - at least until she's filled us in on what she knows."

txt to Bravura posted:

K, only going to say this once. I'm legit sorry for what I said - I got rekt in our last fight, not you. You're wrong about me having been given everything though - do you have any idea how much time I spend refining my gear and researching upgrades or new tech? At least you're good with a weapon, right? You'd be even better if you weren't using a garbage bow and joke arrows, by the way - I could build better stuff in like, an hour, easy. Would that make things up to you?
When you share a vulnerability or weakness (total reliance on gear she has to spend tons of time on) with someone, give them influence over you, and ask them who they'd like you to be. Mark potential if you show them that person. Add a team to the pool no matter what.

txt to Lovelace posted:

Swear to god if you ever mention this message I'll 9/11 something. I'm sorry for how I acted - both about my parents, and just a sec ago. Two things - 1, right now, the team really has no reason to trust you or listen to you. I kinda do because you picked Lovelace as a name and that's respectable, but others prolly too dumb to know who she was. You should fix that. 2 - I'm linking instructions for how to upgrade the security on your datapad. CASTLE sucks at it - Archivist had same weaknesses in his phone you had, so was easy for me to hack you. Not saying sorry for that though.

txt to Lovelace posted:

Oh yeah, got your contacts list when I hacked you, which is why I know your number.

txt to Lovelace posted:

Still want to show me the lab?
<Mr_Fowl> JJ unexpectedly grabs the #2 seat :P
<Rauri> Support / Comfort Lovelace
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 11 = 11
<Rauri> wow
Adding a team to the pool - Shodan's just added 2 points to our Team Pool.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 26, 2016 around 20:46

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: School Foyer

I'm not running. I'm not. I'm moving with purpose, that's what Miss Crenshaw always called it. I've just gotten to the new main doors of the school and gone into the foyer. It's spacious, wood paneled, with a marble floor that sets up just a bit of an echo. It's quiet, not enough students are back yet. I should go to the gym, work some of my anger and embarrassment out.

Jewels comes running up to me, catching me just inside the door. She's...apologizing? Sort of. "Give me some credit," I say, "I'm not a moron, it's pretty obvious you've wanted the top spot and so you made stuff up to take it." I groan, "Bad enough, and then Shodan starts....being her," A big huff, a heavy sigh, and I wave my hand dismissively.

Jewels can probably calm Gwen down by either admitting to her ambitions (pft) or at least admitting confusion around the whole thing. More generally, encouraging Gwen and acknowledging her skill and hard work would take the sting out of Shodan's comments and make her more forgiving.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane -2
Potential: 2/5 | Doom 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Burn 1

I'm glad I didn't expect anything from CASTLE, otherwise I might have been disappointed by how Lovelace reacted to all that. But then again, they're the organization that hired the Archivist, so...

But more importantly than that... "I know how to find Miss Doring!" I say automatically - and excitedly - as soon as I receive the information from the Myriad's supercomputer. "...Or I know how to find the way to find her..." and it's not a way anyone will like. "I think I do, at least. I might need to do a bit more research, or something..." It's a good thing only Shodan's here to hear that, none of the others...

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

I'm still angry, but what Bravura says hurts a lot more than it pisses me off. And I look it too. I could have -and more or less did- take the accusations from anyone else, but not her. "You know me better than that, don't you? I wouldn't lie about something like this, yeah, of course I want to be the leader, but if Ms. Doring hadn't said that stuff I'd have just told Lovelace I'd be a better leader than Sylphid straight up. Seriously, I'm sorry about whatever Doring said to you, she changed her mind about the team setup like three times just in the meeting she had with me, Sylphid, Shodan and Avatar."

"And don't listen to Shodan, she's just being a bitch. You belong on the team, or teams whatever, more than most people do. Shodan's smart and all gadgety but she can't do any of what you've trained for, and Vermilion flips out and attacks us about basically anything, and we all saw how well Sylphid did trying to lead the team against Scriomancer and the Archivist." The only person on the team aside from me I think might do a better job leading than Bravura is Avatar, but I'm not going to bring that up. "You don't have any of their advantages, but you always keep a cool head and handled your own just fine against those hair monster things with just the training you worked for." A bit tentatively, I put an arm around her shoulder. "The only thing I have towards leadership that you don't is experience. You know..." My voice trails off, growing quite for a moment. "...what I've been through. After more missions I'd fully support you being the leader. Hell, if I had to pick two people to lead the teams right now it'd be me and you! But they'll obviously never take Sylphid off the spot if they didn't have last mission."

I fall silent for a moment, then give her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "You understand, right?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance


"And that's where you're wrong. Look you gotta use your head a bit. I know it's easy to think you're invincible... but you're not. None of us are. It doesn't matter what you think. Reality will always catch up to you, and show you that there's always someone better than you."

Sylphid pauses her lecture to lift her shirt up a bit - revealing a rather nasty scar on her stomach...

"Look, you really got to stop thinking with what you are outside, and start thinking like the person you are inside, Lisa. Nobody can take an entire villainous organization on their own. They are what teams are formed for! I mean, for hell's sake - they got GEMM victims in there. You know how strong Jewels is... GEMM is probably even worse than that. Sure, you can probably take someone like Jewels by yourself. What about the rest, though? To compare, If you can't take the Valkyries by yourself, there's no way you can take the Misfits by yourself - they literally have people MADE to be weapons. I understand your frustration. You want Ms. Doring back. We all do. That's the reason why everyone is like this, if you ask me. But charging in blindly will get you nowhere. You will just get yourself killed... or worse.


Provoking Vermillion: 2d6+0 9 I want you to listen to Sylphid's advice and take it to heart. If you do, mark potential.

Nope. Marking Hopeless.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 27, 2016 around 04:59

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: Flying Sky High

I stop flying as Sylphid at least makes her arguments - not that I believe them, I mean, I don't feel like half the team cares about Ms. Doring that much, but... I can at least listen to her, "Look, this Cerberus thing... it's bigger than Lovelace let on. They're not just metahuman supremacists. They're huge. The GEMMs were made to stop them, because we don't even know if all of our nuclear weapons could do it. The Misfits are made up of freaks and weirdos - metahuman kids who were mistreated, who were experimented on, hated, who were hurt, they're fanatically loyal. Kaehi is a father figure to them, and... he's scary." At the very least, if returning with Sylphid doesn't work, I can at least let her have the info, to do what she wants.

"The GEMMs had a... break in or something, and some stuff happened with the research project. It ended up being a uh, poo poo show, so they called in some like, hyper elite, basically superhuman guards, to make sure nothing like it could happen again. Kaehi walked in alone, without any weapons, and the only people who walked out were him and the GEMMs. He single handedly took out a platoon of soldiers meant to contain superhuman threats. We don't hear about Cerberus because Cerberus is huge. Luckily.... the Misfits, the uh, kids and stuff that he rescues, they operate mostly autonomously. Lots of supplies, very little oversight, that kind of thing, they just run wild. So... it's possible Doring isn't in Cerberus proper. I figured I could get into the Misfits - I mean it's not like it'd be hard to pretend like everyone hates me, when it's true. And then from there I could just... slip in, get Doring out, and probably hold them off at least until she escaped."

I am about to tell her about my connection to the leader of Cerberus, when suddenly every bit of my body felt like it was on fire, radiating out from where the scale was pressed against my chest, until every bit of my blood, into my bone marrow even, felt like hot lava had replaced the liquid. I fell, like a rock, my wings curling up over myself in reflex as I screamed out in pain... and then collapsed, my wings seemingly growing larger around me as I hit the ground, and then... hardening., becoming a smooth surface, one with a distinctly recognizable shape, even at the human size of it.

Mutate further and reveal another two new abilities (chosen from any playbook)

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at May 28, 2016 around 00:18

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:
Location: School Grounds -> Studying a dragon cocoon

I look up at Avatar when she suddenly blurts out that she knows how to find Ms. Doring, my eyebrows raised in surprised - though each of them makes their way back down my face when Avatar has to walk her claim back a few times. By the time she's done undercutting expectations, it's still good news though, even if I'm decidedly not as plussed by it as I had been moments ago.

"Research always sounds good to me," I start to assure her, creating and organizing a few new folders on my datapad in preparation for filing away whatever it is we learn. I say we, because I mean c'mon she's talking about investigating things and puzzling out an answer from them - things I excel at, in other words, and she trusts me now so of course she's going to ask for my help. "Maybe we can start that up after I've finished the first round of tests I have in mind for y-"

Suddenly, there's loud, loud, loud, angry, echoey... I'd keep going but you've already gotten the gist. For a split second I actually think we're under attack, and in that moment I'm using my link to the ship to have it take off and am about to pilot it as far away from the school as I can manage when I comprehend that it's just Vermilion Dragon turning into a big volcanic looking cocoon. And while that's immensely confusing, since dragons aren't loving bugs, it's clearly happening - no sense getting outraged about it. With the Ragnarok already starting to take off, I have it hover about a foot off the ground (low enough for me to leap into the bay door), offer a hand in case Avatar wants to come aboard, and then (whether she does or doesn't) I zip off towards where VD and Sylphid are.

Landing the ship on the perfectly cut gross about thirty meters away from my newest subject of scientific inquiry, I walk over towards the pair, staring at whatever the hell's going on with VD with abject wonder. "Did she say anything about this?" I ask Sylphid, producing a few different measuring devices and recording implements from my coat pockets all the while. Turns out Dragon's a lot less scary when she can't stab me in the back (or smash in my face), and I'm kinda hoping she stays this way for a bit - I'm sure to get excellent data on whatever the hell's up with her.

"Don't touch it!" I remark all of a sudden, remembering Sylphid's proclivity for touching things she shouldn't. "It's really hot, in case that's not obvious to you." Truth be told, I just don't want her messing up my data gathering by interfering with the sample. What a truly great day - Avatar and now Dragon are both finally available for me to study them, and I won't mess these opportunities up. Fully focused on my work, I'm adjusting my universal-spectrum-monitor and plugging it into my datapad. Let's see what I can find out about Dragonic cocoons with this big brain of mine..

Got a 13 on an Assess, so asking the following
What here is useful or valuable to me?
What here can I use to learn more about Vermilion Dragon's condition?
What here is in the greatest danger?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: Embedded In Ground'

Embedded directly into a tree that it apparently split as it fell through, the egg is actually warm to the touch, not quite overly hot to the point where it burns, but uncomfortable at least - like a metal pan out in the sun on a hot summer day, or sand under a beating sun, or any other endless number of 'hot, but not going to instantly burn your hand'. The readings that come off it for the first few moments are strange, almost as if - very little seems to be happening with her, less than even a normal human, until suddenly her heart rate goes up to normal, spiking her readings, before both almost instantly normalized, as if there was no oddness at all for a few moments... until another spike briefly happened, the readings going way up, and then suddenly dropping back down again. The air around the egg becomes hotter as the readings spike, and then becomes cooler as it normalizes, repeating in a stable pattern.

There isn't exactly the greatest amount of info on the life cycle of part dragon monster-people, but judging by what you personally know about her, it's possible that the scales - which seem to be making up the cocoon-egg - are a little too thick for the easily portable instruments, and it's likely that your ship would be the most useful tool you have here - either way, leaving the egg here doesn't seem like the greatest idea, seeing as the noise that attracted you has started to cause the approach of more than a few curious eyes. And curious phones. All of which are mostly likely to be in danger, if anyone here was going to get hurt. Well, or Shodan herself, seeing as she was more than a little exposed, and not quite known for being ultra tough.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance

Sylphid was just about the respond... When Vermilion suddenly turns... into an egg. Well, that's... unexpected. I was just about to make my counter point, too! And... she broke a tree. great. And Shodan immediately shows up to tell her not to touch it, while she was just kind of levitating there wondering what the hell just happened.

Oh well, Shodan probably knows what she's doing. Let's just leave her to it.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: School Foyer

Just being a bitch. IT's true, Shodan was, but...doesn't mean it didn't hurt. I don't particularly want to admit that to Jewels, though. Just like I don't want admit... "It's stupid," I say, turning as she squeezes my shoulder. "Fighting over who gets the shiny badge or whatever the team leads get. I know it's petty and doesn't matter, not really. I still...I still want it, and having it taken away from me, that hurts. You all have these superpowers and these dramatic backstories and everything. I'm just..." I shrug, hugging myself lightly. "Just a girl, you know, a silly human to blew out her knee and still wants to try to keep up with the gods."

I turn further, so I'm facing Jewels, and I frown, looking down. "I think so, maybe," I say. "I...I guess you need this," I admit, hard as that is to say. I look up at her with a smile.

Then my phone dings.

"H...hold on," I say, and fish it out of my pocket.

Shodan to Bravura posted:

K, only going to say this once. I'm legit sorry for what I said - I got rekt in our last fight, not you. You're wrong about me having been given everything though - do you have any idea how much time I spend refining my gear and researching upgrades or new tech? At least you're good with a weapon, right? You'd be even better if you weren't using a garbage bow and joke arrows, by the way - I could build better stuff in like, an hour, easy. Would that make things up to you?

I try not to look too surprised. Okay, I am. Really surprised. Shodan? Is she feeling okay? I type out quickly.

Bravura to Shodan posted:

Accepted. The apology and the offer.


Somewhat slow thanks to work and the holiday.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane -2
Potential: 2/5 | Doom 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Burn 1

Of course I join Shodan on the ride, but when we get there... I'm not sure what to make of it, not at all, aside from unease at there being more about Vermillion we don't know... but Shodan has that well in hand. I'm busy thinking on what the Myriad told me, and how much of it I should share... well, drat it. I should have shared it all with Shodan at the very least, but now that there's Sylphid and maybe Vermillion here too...

"Is she... going to be okay?" I ask Shodan, hanging around more than arm's length away from the egg. "Ugh... as if we didn't have enough to deal with..."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

"thanks." God. Bravura is so... so selfless. Is it any wonder I love her so much? I give her a moment to respond to the text -which came in at totally the wrong time- then I wrap her up in my arms, giving her a tight squeeze. "You're a real hero Gwen. More than the rest of us." I squeeze her tighter. "You're a human, but never just. And you're keeping up with us 'gods' just fine." I hesitate for a moment. "If you get the spot, I swear I'll be the best drat follower you could ever want." Then, maybe this isn't the best time for it, maybe it is, I don't know. But its what feels right now. So I lean in a little and kiss her. Right there in the hall, good and long, one hand against the small of her back, the other tousled in her hair.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: School Foyer

"Sure," I mutter. I never would have guessed Jewels were such a huger...

...thinking back on it later, I'll know that was the tip off. "Woah, woah," I say, taking a step back as Jewels puts her lips on mine. "What...what're you doing?" I ask, my voice shaking and my stomach knotting.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

"I..." I falter, looking at her in confusion. It felt so good, why was she pulling away? Did I try to move too fast? "I thought... It felt like the right thing to do. To apologize, and to thank you. So you'd know how I feel?" I want to keep kissing her, kiss her until nothing else is left, but she pulled away. Slowly, my arms drop to my sides. "You're too good for someone like me, but still... I want you. I..." Suddenly, I look and feel much smaller. Not like Jewels at all, but stupid, weak Mary, trapped in her tank. "I love you."

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: School Foyer

"That's..." I sputter. How do I tell her nobody's ever said that to me before?" That's a lot to lay on somebody," I say. I can see the look of hurt on her face and frown. That hurts more than I expected. I reach out and take her hands. "I didn't say it was bad," I say, and then push up against her, kissing back, pressing until I get her against the wall.

Definitely counts as a makeout, so Gwen has made out with a teammate! Marking potential and crossing off the goal

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

"Oh." I feel like an idiot for a moment, before I stop thinking about any of that, caught up entirely in the kiss. Eventually I slip my lips out from her for long enough to smile and say "good!" before plunging back into the kiss, all myself again. Strong, check, confident, check, Jewels, check. Making out with Gwen? I could die happy.

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Sylphid

Your cell rings again. And it's the same number. Your mother trying to reach you?

Do you pick it up again or deal with what is going on right now? After all you 'do' have other things to worry about (yeah... see below...)

Shodan
By the will of cosmic coincidence, you cell vibrates as well. A text reply from Lovelace:

Lovelace's reply posted:


1. No more unauthorized hacking. I'm not lecturing you, it's a genuine warning. Archivist, Foster, loved doing quiet counter hacking on people he felt were close to tapping into his tech. In short, he might've took something away from 'you'. Check your data.

As for hacking into my data pad... be careful. It's not mines, and who knows the consequinces that might fall on me because of unauthorized usage. If certain individuals catch you, prison may be the least of your worries. I don't want anything to happen to you Shodan.


2. Yeah. I guess I can. Show you the labs, I mean. There's more than one.


A few minutes passes, however, until this pops on your phone.

Lovelace second text posted:

Where ever you are, return to the school at once! Something big is going down. The Valkyries are needed!

...uh-oh.

Jewels & Gwen

*BAMF!*

"There you two areeeeeeholyguacamole I didn't mean to interupt!" Warp coughs and the red on her cheeks are evident. "I mean, I would normally give you two space, but Lovelace is looking for you and... yeah... hold on!

She grabs the two of you by the shoulders and...

BAMF!

You three are now in a metallic room. The War Room. This must be the new, revitalized sub-basement level. Gwen, Jewels, why not describe what stands out to each of you in the War Room, the operations center for the team?

Anyway, besides you two and Warp, you see Outstrider, in costume, and Ms. Lovelace, who looks back at the two of you, away from the screen she was watching. "...what, that's it!?"

"Yeah. They were the only two I could find. No Lisa, no Sylphid... and Amy and Shodan, from what people told me, flew off in that ship of hers!"

"...drat it! Right, I'll text Shodan. You two..."

She types into her note pad. "Someone or something has hacked the newsfeed of HCNN (Halcyon City News Network)..."

---Everyone---

Image Panel posted:

The panel shows the Valkyries, Outstrider, Warp, Gwen and Jewels staring at he monitor in the War Room as a face suddenly appears, hacking onto the open airwaves!

"Citizens of North America, this is the voice of the Emperor of Cerberus. As to who I am, that information is not of importance. If you know of me, than this message is for you. If you don't... you're not important enough in the grand scheme of things. But know this, I will soon be in absolute control of Halcyon City."

Image panel 2 posted:

This panel shows Shodan, Sylphid, and Avatar looking at the feed through an invention of yours, Shodan. Describe it!

"You may recall of a particular battle that occurred in downtown Halcyon city earlier this week. A fight between a team of teenaged girls and one Sciromancer. Those girls may have thought they have won, but they hadn't..."

The screen shifts to a picture of a Spambot clone running off with a box.***

***Issue #0. You all remember this, right?
-Josh

Image Panel 3 posted:

We are now in the oval office, where the President himself is looking on!

"...that Box contains S-97. A deadly bacteriological agent. What it's used for is a bit too technical for most of you, but needless to say, those in power are well aware of it's capabilities... and how dangerous it is when combined with a nuclear explosive device. Which we, at Cerberus, has done. Cerberus has planted it somewhere in the eastern seaboard of the United States. And Cerberus has the ability to detonate it. At any time."

image panel 4 posted:

This one shows a group of Halcyon citizens looking at this on a TV in display at a Best Buy, looks of absolute terror on their faces!

"Our demands are four. One, 500 million in diamonds will be delivered to a location of our choosing. Two, The Godmind Project is to be immediately disbanded and all Sentinel Class Godminds are to be decommissioned. Three, the Meta Human Registration Act is to be voted down, effective immediately."

Image panel 5 posted:

This panel shows the office of the Mayor and his cabinet, who had a city meeting interrupted.

"Four, The Mayor of Halcyon City must dismiss his entire staff and police force and turnover his city to Cerberus, making Halcyon City a safe haven for Metahumans everywhere."

Image Panel 6 posted:

The inner sanctum of Cerberus is shown, with Keahi in front and behind him, the silhouettes of the Misfits.

"...do not test us. Your country isn't safe, your children isn't safe. YOU, are not safe. If these demands are not met in principle within Twenty-four hours, then the east coast of the United States will become a quiet wasteland for the next thousand years. And even if you survive the nuclear fallout, S-97 poisoning is an extremely unpleasant way to die!"

Image Panel 7 posted:

Close up of Sylphid and Shodan...

"Imagine your parents..."

Image Panel 8 posted:

Close up of Jewels

"...your sisters and brothers..."

Image Panel 9 posted:

Close up of Gwen

"...the dreams that you have clawed together for yourself... all suffering painful deaths."

Image Panel 10 posted:

Close up of Avatar

"...and to those of you who think you have nothing to lose, as the saying goes: You don't know a good thing until it's gone!"

Image Panel 10 posted:

Close up of the mayor's angry face.

"...and consider this fair warning, Mr. Mayor. Do not attempt tricks. Do not receive help from the Justice Legion. And don't you even dare send out those pitiful girls. Else, I am well prepared to kill every single person living on the eastern seaboard."

image Panel 11 posted:

A large panning shot of Halcyon City.

"I sincerely hope that will not be necessary. I am, after all, a reasonable individual... as long as my conditions are fulfilled!"

Final page of the issue posted:



"...long live Cerberus!"

-------

Issue 4: Kitty Empress, come up with a snazzy title

No, this is not the end of the session, merely the end of the issue and the start of a new one.

So, every one, What do you do?

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2016 around 03:43

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: Embedded In Ground'

Issue 4: For They Are Adamantine, Unyielding

Mana, the spiritual force that flows through everything, it is known by many names in many parts of the world - magic, qi, prana, life force, barakah, and it fills the world. To have Mana is to have strength, to have power - it is said that an excess of mana would make a person worthy of greatness. Great magical artifacts would be born of great mana, great heroes born of great mana, greatness and mana are hand in hand with each other - but few could claim to truly know what the energy was. It ebbed and flowed over ages, every age touched on by new mana, manifesting itself in new ways.

And thus I lay within my shell, the world shining around me, in colors that were impossible, no sound as I sat in the muted silence of wonderment. I could see the shining in those who stood by me, and I could feel more, beyond them. I could see the faint mana of the tree I was... apparently embedded in, of people... and I reached, I searched, further into the energy. I didn't feel scared, I didn't feel alone, I felt like I could touch the lives of all of these people I felt, and that there would only be more for me to touch.

Unleashing one of the new powers - Mana Sense! [Supernatural Senses from Janus]
23:52KittyEmpress
23:52KittyEmpress!r 2d6+2
23:52KrysmbotKittyEmpress, 9+2 = 11
I extend my senses, gimme something cool to look at.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: School Foyer

"GOD drat IT WA...." I start to yell. drat it, I was having a moment!

Not one meant to last, sadly. I let out a sigh and nuzzle into Jewels. "Later?" I offer. "Tonight? Date?"

Then....*VWORP*. We're in the new War Room.

I can tell it's the war room because it's got a big meeting table in the center. Everything's bright and glossy, like somebody blended a ship's bridge with an Apple store. Surfaces are either shiny chrome or smooth white or glass, displays wink with updates on events and team statuses and location. The only thing we're missing is a bunch of people moving about purposefully in jumpsuits.

The table has chairs around it, big, high things that look commanding and plush. And...did somebody put logos on them? I eye them, circling, and find one with an arrow head. Guess that's me. I stay standing, though, hand on the top of the chair.

I watch, wide eyed, as this Cerberus guy makes his demands. Taking over the city. Threatening us all. No...just...humans. I steal a glance at Jewels, then focus on the screen as he finishes.

"He," I say in a grave tone. "Needs a serious rear end kicking."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty | Location: Making an Omelette

"Ugh.... Shodan I'll leave bringing the egg back to you and your spaceship. I should probably take this call. As much as I don't want to."

Without waiting for a response, she takes the call, beginning jogging back (As much as she'd like to go back in super speed, it kind of makes a coherent conversation impossible...)

"Yes, what is it? I'm kind of busy, Cerberus kind of just took the city hostage!"


Also, late Reject roll for Jewels:

Reject Influence (Jewels): 2d6 7 Marking Potential

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2016 around 04:54

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty

I would have happily ignored Warp (a statement generally true at all times) and just kept on kissing Bravura, but if she had a message from Lovelace it was probably important enough to stop. It had better be. "Definitely." I smile at Gwen and hold her tight to me as Warp Bamfs us away to... some new room. It isn't a nice room. I'm immediately put on edge, all the screens and displays and vaguely sciencey looking things, along with the clean 'metal' look of the place reminds me far too much of the facilities in the Gemm Project, despite the obvious differences. I hold Gwen closer to me, then turn to watch the broadcast start.

...

"That's the shittiest plan I've ever heard." I glare at the screen, barely remembering to stop myself from squeezing Bravura hard enough to be painful. "You can't make people accept you by threatning to kill them! That fucker is just going to make life worse for people with powers everywhere but here if his plan works. And who even is going to believe that even if it is true? They just happened to steal a virus from the Sciromancer that could wipe out the east coast?" I want to punch something. "And what, if they don't meet all the demands, he's actually going to wipe out all the people, and the metahumans he wants to protect to prove he means it? Some protector."

"gently caress."

"Hey Warp! Go get Shodan so we can figure out where that guy is and smash his face in!" While Warp does, or doesn't, do that, I turn to look at Lovelace. "Who is this guy? What the hell is the Godmind Project?" gently caress. If that's anything like the GEMM Project... That 'Emperor' isn't going to be the only one who has a face that needs smashing.

Angry is removed from hurting Bravura last session. Luckily, they made outup afterwards!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: |

There is a broken down and neglected side of the city that few acknowledge and even less see, it is here that most people let the outliers of society slowly die and be discarded. The false dichotomy of the american dream and the idea that if you are good enough you can achieve. The fake gift that the supposed american dream gives you, breaks down at the boundaries. Here are the refuse and the rejects of the world all clustered into one area that was allowed to rot by the wealthy moving toward the suburbs and creating miles of terrible homes. There is no lipstick and make up to cover the marks that had been wracked on these people.

Even the ones that just work there and then commune to safer places with fairer prospects always appear to have a weathered sadness about them as they enter. Happiness was not known there, and neither was hope, and that is where we find our hero Fission.

The coffee shop had disappeared along with most of the building in the explosion and the attack. It wouldn't be coming back in time and thus another place was found for enigmatic Fission. Doring's Secretary was the only one left for him to trust with his secret. Fission was not one to break anymore promises, as he had failed them enough in a previous life when he was really alive. That was the real difference, he was given a second chance, for no reason, he was the one that wasn't worthy. His new job as a homeless shelter cook seemed more appropriate however, and he had requested the worst place in the city for that reason.

The people he fed were just like him, forgotten and discarded through the new sleek modern world. Though super heroes existed there was no lack of suffering among the people in the end there was no one to fight when it came to hunger or mental illness. Some even blamed these people for what fate, and perhaps wrong choices had dealt them. Those are the people that Ishmael suspected had never fallen, and never had the world crumble around them. Every support taken away and were left with only the street.

There is were the Darkness truly dwelt, in that that ignorance. The feeling in people that they ignored everyone but their own problems were where the Darkness thrived, that selfishness and the utter ruthlessness that it spawned is what it was spawned from. To fight it there was only to face that part of yourself, or rather what that led too. It had been a good day, and a lot of smiles from people who just needed food and a chance. At the very least, Ishmail could give one.

It was walking back and away from that own cancer that infected the city itself that Ishmail moved to his second job. Another thing that was required to keep the place he was, and this one was at the hospital under Doctor Carol F. Wieschaus as an lab assistant. She was working on reversing cancer or something, it was a job he was keenly equipped to do. After for years, he had assisted his father in the depths of the LHC, and that was what he was used too.

Today was special though he figured, he was late, but had gotten a text message to come and pick up a package for the Doc. Stopping at the hospital, he grabbed a square package and stuffed it in his backpack and started to whistle as he went toward the lab.

Finally arriving by the rear entrance of the lab, he deposited the package in the doctors biological sample fridge and went to his room. It was time to suit up, he had not been around much the last three months so the outfit was even starting to feel odd instead of the second skin. Either way, he had rebuilt the mask and uniform when it had melted to his skin from the battle.



Donning his new costume, he became unknowable, a no one. Another person who had lost everything, even their body. That was just fine with Fission.

It was time to stop the Darkness. however it manifested.

The Fission walked out of their room and walked past the war room. Silently, Fission walked through the door and moved toward the back of the room.

Session rolls:
2d6+3: 11 [2d6=5, 3]
Advantage/opportunity

Taking move: Suck it, Domitian

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2016 around 05:42

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

We're already up in the Ragnarok when I get the texts from Lovelace, and I'm having to devote my attention to like a billion different things now. Flying the ship, directing the drones that are running diagnostics on Vermilion Dragon, watching Avatar to see how impressed she is by the interior of my ship, tapping out messages, and oh yeah watching this maniac on TV after one of the scanners detects the massive hack. Good thing I've got such an awesome mutation, because I'm entirely capable of doing all those things at once - entirely because none of them rely on physical coordination, of course, but still badass!

txt to Lovelace posted:

1. No, but sorry. 2. Thanks. OMW back, have them clear the hanger

txt to Bravura posted:

K, initial thoughts - bow needs to be better engineered, need a selectively magnetized bracer and quiver to withdraw only the arrows you want, trick arrows should be designed to be compatible with my gadgets to expand your arsenal + save me time. Thoughts?

Mainly though, I'm watching the news, since it's kinda hard not to after the dude promises to loving depopulate the Eastern Seaboard. Like... I mean, it's definitely an attention getter, but gently caress that, that's beyond psychopathic. My family's from, well Ukraine originally, but anyways they live in upstate New York, near Victoire. And this edgelord rear end in a top hat - seriously, Emperor of Cerberus is just missing a 420 to be the perfect fourteen year old's xbox-live handle - has the nerve to make fun of us, show off that one of those goddamn Spambots survived my remote mines, threaten to kill a hundred million people, and among them my family? All to get millions in diamonds (for a laser array or other device, presumably, the amount he's asking for is pathetically small) and to change some legislation? I mean, I don't like the Godmind Project either, but seriously, this guy is still a loving rear end in a top hat.

"Make sure to save that video," I say aloud, even though its unnecessary - I've already related the command to the Ragnarok's systems via my spinally grafted connection. Pulling my datapad out of my pocket while I glance towards the others, from what the ships sensors are feeding to my brain, we're getting close to landing - so I have to make this quick. "As for this rear end in a top hat... if he thought hacking feeds to pull off this stunt was a good idea, it's because he's never heard of me."

Fingers moving at practically the speed of light as I type away on my datapad, this Emperor dude's not the only one that knows how to break encryption and hijack signals. And while I'm sorely tempted to take over the feed myself to call him out, instead I'll use this time to figure out where he is. Seems smarter, after all - and my family's on the line, I don't have time to showboat as much as I usually do.

<Rauri> Unleashing Shodan's hacking
<JennerCELL> Eat me out you dork. >:3
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8 + 1 = 9
<KittenPhone> I had to explain vore to someone irl once.
Marking Angry to make it not temporary or unstable.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2016 around 07:33

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane -2
Potential: 2/5 | Doom 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Burn 1

Shodan's ship is... well, it's cool, especially since it was a human who made it. But I hang out a lot in the Myriad's ship - which, y'know, was an interstellar vessel designed and created by sentient nanomechanical aliens. Plus, y'know, distracted by my revelations and the sudden Cerberus broadcast. And that's the last straw, so I spill the beans then and there.

"...We need to find Sciromancer," I say while Shodan does her thing. "And to do that... we need to find the Archivist - who I know is not dead, because he was hiding out near my Sanctum. That's the only way we find out where this weapon is - and where Miss Doring is... mind if I hijack your ship a little? I kinda need its sensors." I'm already fashioning one hand into a data-jack, poised to plug it into one of the receptacles in this part of the Ragnarok, but it's only polite to ask, first!

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Shodan

That was... amazingly quick.

You got a set of co-ordinates. Due south of Halcyon city. Must be some abandoned building of somesort. What data does Ragnarok give you about this location, and why can't you just fly straight there?

Sylphid

“...uhm, Carolin?”

...Clara?

“Thought I should let you know that your mom kind of took what you said to her a bit badly. She left the house and I can't seem to find her since she left. Car is still in the garage and the neighbors don't remember her walking away. I'm kind of worried...” Her voice lowers. “My magic senses nothing. My magic never sense nothing. Something is wrong.”

Wow. What perfect timing! Sylphid, what do you do?

Bravura, Fission, and Jewels

Jewels posted:

"Hey Warp! Go get Shodan so we can figure out where that guy is and smash his face in!" While Warp does, or doesn't, do that, I turn to look at Lovelace. "Who is this guy? What the hell is the Godmind Project?"

Warp pauses as Lovelace holds up a hand. “Hang on warp...”

She types something into her notepad. “Hangar Bay 2. Shodan's ship is landing there. Bring them here.”

Warp nodded and...

BAMF!

With that, she looks at you, Jewels. “Ask Shodan. She knows about it. She hacked it from foster's phone before he died.”

Gwen posted:

"He," I say in a grave tone. "Needs a serious rear end kicking."

“Yes..” Lovelace says grimly. “I agree. But we need to show moderation. They have a bomb. We have no idea where that bomb is. And we have no idea how they plan to detonate it. A frontal assault now is ill-advised.”

She turns to look at you, Bravura. “Sylphid isn't here yet, and as you said, you passed the psych exams. Bravura, how do you think we should proceed?”

Bravura, how do you answer this question, especially considering that she is looking at you, NOT Jewels, for a bit of guidance? Jewels, how do you handle this? Will you let Bravura exert herself at the cost of being set aside again? Do you step infront of her?

What do you two do?

Fission, no one noticed you yet. Time to make a dramatic entrance into this conversation, don't you think?

Dragon

It's... strange. You feel warmth. Not hot warmth, but cool warmth. Soothing warmth. You have the sneaking feeling that if you were ever returned back to you mother's womb, this would be what it felt like.

...mother...

Your mind drifts back to that fateful night. The night of the change. The night when you changed. The night when everything changed. Only... something was different. Something was out of place.

What was it... and why does it give you a reason for you to want to wake up as soon as possible to forewarn the team? What danger is being foreshadowed in your little vision here?

And why in the hell did your senses just time travel to the past?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Embedded In Ground'

The sky outside the ship grows darker by the second, clouds rolling in impossibly quickly, and winds picking up with the same speed. It takes a minute for the clear skies of the nice day they had gathered on to meet back up... to turn into a blackened, foreboding atmosphere, the crackling of lightning obvious within the clouds, bright flashes high in the sky, but not arcing downwards. It's a menacing, atmosphere, that only works with the earlier messages to create an atmosphere of ominous oppression, as if somehow the world had responded to Cerberus' declared intentions, and was very, very angry.

I see none of that, from the darkness I lay in, wrapped as I am in warmth. There's something nearer to me to look at, an energy in myself, one that called out, that beckoned to me, like a beautiful flame. And the world whirled around me as I touched to that bit of my spirit, I was back home - the home that had burned down so many years ago, when I changed, but I wasn't me. I was... taller, my skin lighter, and... I knew who I was exactly - I was my mother, standing within the kitchen, wrapping a wound from the latest fight I had with some... some villain, whose name was on the tip of my tongue. I could feel the knitting of the wounds even as I - as she, as we channeled our inner energy to tend them.

But her - my - our mind was somewhere else, as the words echoed - that we would soon find out all about what was really at stake here... if we lived to see it. And that I - as in I Lisa - would not ever survive once he got to me.

I was shaken out of it as I saw the face who said those words in my head... and then could feel his energy, mixed in to the ambient energies above us, full of rage, full of hate. And I cried out, my voice booming not from the egg, but from the skies themselves, a crack of thunder as lightning struck us in the instant before the hateful energy did - the systems of the ship shorting, and going dark, the ship quickly dipping downwards, on a crash course for the ground - and this enemy flying right past it, missing his mark as we slowed, and his predictions went off, making him shoot past us, creating a boom not dissimilar from when I would hit the ground.

Protecting SHODAN + ship
16:30 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
16:30 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+2 = 9
Actually have an influenceo n SHODAN, so that's a 10. .


Luckily Shodan's ship was built for surges like that, and the power was back quick enough - because I don't know how I knew it, but this was my brother, my older brother, and he was here for me. And in this form, I was not got prepared for him.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Nah, not going to try and step in. Apparently this 'pysch exam' is a big deal or something, though it can't be any good if Sylphid passed it. I'll just do the stupid leadership test after we've dealt with this. "Yeah, but Shodan isn't here Lovelace, so why don't you just tell us so we know by the team she shows up so we don't have to waste any time. You can't expect Bravura to make the right decisions without all the information." What was taking Warp so long anyway, she didn't take this long to interrupt my kiss.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

I'd respond to Avatar, but my ship loses power and yeah... that's sort of the entirity of my attention at this point. Thank god my mutation calculates how long it'll take us to hit the ground from here the second the lights go out, and it's NOT all that much time. This is bullshit, and I am definitely panicking over it.

"What the gently caress?!" I ask no one in particular, leaping over to the console to try and loving MacGayver a solution together. Where's my backup power? Storms outside or not, I loving built this thing so much better than that - really, it randomly losing power like this makes NO SENSE AT ALL. "And what the gently caress is that?!" There's something in the sky and it just flew right over us!

"Backup power online - how'd you actually manage to gently caress that up?" The computer announces in my voice, since obviously that's the voice I had to record audio cues with. In hindsight, probably shouldn't have done it when I was in such a bad mood.

Motioning for Avatar and Sylphid to strap in with one hand, I take the joystick with the other, using my mental link to the ship to input additional commands as necessary. Targeting and weapons are both back online - and there's an rear end in a top hat up in my sky. From the picture I'm getting in my display, kinda looks like Vermillion Dragon - but since she's in a some weird egg in my ship, can't be her. My brain's screaming that he's got powers similar to hers, though... And, did I ever mention I upgraded my arsenal to tackle Dragon-caliber threats? Because I know I did, but that's a good segue into me aiming the gunturret on the top of my ship at him, opening fire with a hail of lasers as I evasively bring this thing in for a landing.

This is kinda like a video game - which means this guy is hosed if he wants to tangle with The Ragnarok.

Got a 7 directly engage - choosing to avoid counterattack. Unless Sylphid defending counts for this, in which case I'm picking confuse / surprise opponent.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2016 around 08:23

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty | Location: Making Boiled Chicken

Unfortunately, Sylphid is far too distracted to actually listen to Shodan. Instead, she jumps out of the ship, summoning Mystletainn on her way down, and soaring through the air...

While on the phone.

"Listen, Clara. We're fighting people that have magically untrackable teleportation. Look for Mom's echo, and see if it cuts off somewhere. I have a really bad feeling about this..."

The conversation gets interrupted as she engages the enemy and the sounds of battle are too loud to speak over. HRAAAAH!

"You caught me in a really bad time, we just got attacked. If you need anything else, make it quick."

Thanks to her speed, getting over the dragon-man is no big deal. Now flanking him, she intends to divide his attention away from the ship.

"Sorry about that - had some urgent business to take care off." Sylphid quips, pointing her sword at the dragonman.

"Don't worry, you my full attention now."


Using I know what I am to shift Savior up, Mundane down and add one Team to the pool.

Defending Shodan's ship: 2d6+3 8 (technically a 9 since I forgot to factor in Influence) Choosing to clear Hopeless.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2016 around 21:36

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: School Foyer

"Strategic and legal doesn't mean not an rear end kicking," I say, some annoyance seeping in. I'm not a loose canon, and I don't appreciate being treated like that. I cross my arms and look at the screen, where the news reports chatters on.

"We need to know more," I agree. "Shodan and...a few others should do research. Nobody..." I take a step forward, eyeing the screens. I turn around, gesturing up at the screens, where Cerberus' speech is roll-under for a set of talking heads. "This guy has *politics*" I say. "He's got an agenda. He has to have m...confederates," I say. "And how many people really know how to weaponize S-97?" I ask. "No," I say to Lovelace with a faint smile. "It's not an assault. It's a puzzle. We probably have enough of the pieces, out there in databases and files and..." I tap my chin. "Shodan would be good at that," I say, striding back to the table. "Some of us should track down Sciromancer. Cerberus would have had to know somebody had S-97. I'd bet that means he at least talked to Sciromancer, even if they weren't working together."

"You're going to have to give us access to everything," I tell Lovelace. "Can't hold back if you want us to put it together."

I look around at the half-empty room. "poo poo, where *are* the rest of them?"

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Shodan

Image panel posted:

The frame shows the lasers striking the dragon square in the chest. The panel next to it shows him holding his chest as smoke wisps from a scorch mark there. The next panel shows him about to charge the descending ship... before the page ending panel reveals Sylphid getting in it's way.

Good shot! However, you're not out of the woods yet. You are still over the city of Halcyon and landing here could cause damage. Not to your ship, mind you, as I'm sure you have planned for the possibility of crash landings, but to the buildings underneath you. Buildings full of people. You need to find a safe place to land. How will you go about doing this? What do you do?

...oh, and give Avatar an answer already, you're leaving her hanging!

Sylphid

Image panel posted:

Full page splash of Sylphid facing off with (Need a name, Vermillion!)

Sylphid, infront of you flies what looks to be a splitting imagre of Vermillion (all dragons look a like to you). How ever, this thing looks much more... edgier. Where as Lisa tries to hold on to humanity, this guy (you can tell from the lack of certain assets. Namely breasts), seems to not give a drat. He looks savage and feral... looking for a chance to rip you apart.

So it is surprising that he doesn't do so. He talks instead. "...I'm not here for you, Sylphid."

...nice! He must know you by reputation. He's probably the first villain to acknowledge you as 'Sylphid' and not a kid or something. Sure, it could be that he doesn't give a drat, but hey, small victories! How does this make you feel?

"I'm here for my sister. Her egg, to be exact. Just hand her over and you won't piss me off." He stares at you with cold eyes. "...trust me. You will not like me pissed off."

Well Sylphid, you did allow Shodan to maneuver away from this guy... but unless you do something, that distance will be a moot point. What do you do?

Gwen, Jewels & Fission

Lovelace has been typing on her notepad as you, Gwen has been making your requests. She looks hesitant, however. "I could make arrangements... but what you're asking for isn't a grocery list. Information can't be handed out haphazardly. Certain individuals are already ticked with the way shodan has hacked into high level security recently. Those same individuals will throw heavy opposition if I make those requests. No matter how much sense they make."

Lovelace looks hesitant here... perhaps you should Provoke her to help get the info, Gwen. How do you do this?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

"Yeah yeah, plug in or whatever," I wave a hand at Avatar, hoping she knows what she's doing. "Just don't upload anything or gently caress with my settings." I've got waaaay bigger threats to take care of at the moment - like landing the ship and oh yeah, the dragon man that I apparently rolled on the random encounter table. It's especially bullshit because it's not like he's carrying treasure with him, so so much for the Manual recommended triple standard. Erm, yes, of course I know that off the top of my head, why would you ever doubt that?

Basically, we need to land near the school, and that's hard with this rear end in a top hat chasing us - even with me piloting and Sylphid distracting him. Hijacking every local signal in the city with a couple mouseclicks and keystrokes, I grin towards the camera I have setup in the cockpit as we start to descend, since I'm now live on every TV-Station, internet stream, facebook video, radio station, Valkyries internal comms... you name it, I've hacked it. This ship's sort of designed for that sort of thing, and I'm very, very good at hacking - but I rarely get to show that off anymore. It won't last long, but it should be enough to get a short message out.

<Rauri> Unleash Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3 =9
It's temporary, but that should be all Shodan needs to alert the school + those on the interstate to what's going on. Feel free to have your PCs hear it if you'd like, garble it up if that's fun.


"So yeah, Cerberus are a bunch of lying assholes - no surprise there - and there's some dragon guy trying to wreck my amazing ship. He totally started it. Good things he sucks." All things considered, there may be better spokespeople for the Valkyries than me... but I'm the one they've got. Luckily I look incredibly cool in this trenchcoat, so that's a plus. "Everyone on the interstate and towards the Institute, look out above! Coming in for a landing!"

Trying to land as close to the school as I can, I'm directing that with half my impressive brainpower... and using both turrets on the ship to put holes in the wings of this Trogdor Dragon Man jerk that's pursuing me with the other half, the one that's trying to hurt Sylphid. I've played a lot of games, and if there's anyone on Earth that's qualified to formulate plans to take down dragons, at this point it's definitely me. Let's see how this fucker feels about having his wings perforated and a half mile fall, because that's what he's getting.

<Rauri> Directly Engage Trogdor
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3=9
<Rauri> suck it dragon man
Avoiding counterattack and taking something from the opponent - his wings (provided Yami spends team as discussed in irc).

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2016 around 06:18

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty | Location: Making Boiled Chicken


Sylphid trains Mystletainn on her opponent in a trained stance.

In a somewhat disbelieving manner, she replies. "Yeah, I'm sure you are. What I'm not sure is if you actually expected that line to work."

In a mere second, she barrels behind the dragon, ready to swing.

"Sorry, got no time for games."



Defending Shodan's ship: 2d6+3 5... welp. Potential into level up, at least.

Despite the gently caress up, this should still distract him enough for a Team Attack with Shodan - Using one Team to give her +1.

Despite the narrative, this was merely supposed to be a distraction. Unfortunately Sylphid is apparently awful at everything.


Going to unlock the remaining two powers of my Suite, Divine Armor and Mythic Might.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Embedded In Ground'

One thing I realize as I lay in my egg, reading things beyond my sight - everything has an energy about it. I can feel the winds lifting Sylphid, flowing through her, lending her their powers, filling her with their strength. I could see the energy and how it massed inside of Miracle, bubbling within in its own way, one that nothing else matched. I could even feel my half-brother's energy, full of rage, and eating away at him, like it was going to tear out of him at any moment, like the bubbling magma of a volcano, ready to spew forth. I could even feel the crackle of the power source in the ship, the electrical instruments filled, thrumming with energy. Even the movement of SHODAN's weapons I could feel, from how they cut the energy of the wind.

It was certainly a... unique way to look at things, everyone still unique, but everything about them so similar. Unfortunately, there is a battle going on around me, and I can't just watch - I can see the energies flowing around, and I could see the displaced energies of Shodan's weapons, and the route of Sylphid's own energy, and how they would collide. I suppose I must have yelled, inside my egg, but I didn't hear it, I just saw the swirling winds forming ever closer around Sylphid, a torrent not asked, not requested, but ordered to move as I wanted it to, as it tossed the woman out o the line of fire, keeping her from being shot by Miracle, allowing us to keep fighting this man - this Dragon. His name echoed in my egg, Kanoa, the ordinary, the boring. A rude name to give to anyone.

Protecting Sylphid
20:22 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
20:22 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9+2 = 11
Clearing Angry

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

I give Lovelace a disgusted look as she responds, waiting until she's stopped to step in. "So you want Gwen, on her first time leading the team, to make a plan that'll risk the entire East Coast of the United States if it fails, but you aren't willing to deal with some opposition from your superiors to get her the information she'll actually need to make the plan? I think I can understand why you're the liaison to a team of kids instead of actually doing something.,"

<godfish> rejecting Lovelace's influence +1 to impress Bravura
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3+1 = 4
<godfish> cursessss
marking potential
also taking the advance another two roles for Bulls Heart, Enabler and Friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Sylphid

Panel image posted:

The panel shows Sylphid's approach towards the Dragon as he turns to meet her. The next image shows her sword clashing against his forearm, the sharp edge digging into his scales.

You attract his attention, but that may not have been a good thing. As your sword scrapes against the scales of his forearms, he turns and you notice his eyes up close. You see red, jagged veins and pupils that are dilating. This matches the rest of his body, that starts to bulge and grow. His hand, that literally grows before your eyes, smothers your face in a vice like grip!

And it's here that his wings get shot, which makes things worse, cause as he falls, he drags you with him, the both of you slamming into and through a building!

Take a powerful blow, and describe the building you fell through...

Oh, and this building was inhabited. You might want to save a few of them civilians that is now caught in the struggle between the two of you, by Unleashing.

And make it quick... because the dragon looks a bit pissed...

Note: Since Dragon took away Angry, that will not hinder your roll

Shodan

image posted:

The panel shows the Ragnarok making a final approach. the next panel shows cars swerving left and right to avoid getting crushed!

With your message out, you find a perfect landing spot. Describe it.

However, since that message was brief, there were some who didn't get it...

Image posted:

The panel shows the inside a mini van where a woman had literally turned down the radio to talk to her two children in the back seat. Next to her is a baby who is strapped in a child safety chair (an obvious infraction). The view is from in front of her as she looks blankly at the cars swerving away from her. The next panel shows her turning to look out the rear window, where she sees the approaching Ragnarok and stares... paralyzed with fear!

...Shodan, there is a problem. There is a mini van with four occupants... and it's not moving! There is barely time or space to land around it... not at the speed you're going... and the altitude is going to make it tough to abort your approach as well!

What do you do!?

Jewels.

"..."

Lovelace adjusts her glasses as you, Jewels, say your piece to her. Her face drops, as if something you said cuts her straight to the bone.

She adjusts her glasses again, a wistful smile on her face. "...so what you're really saying, Ms. Juliet, is that I'm useless? That I have no place here. That I can't contribute? Just another government stooge, huh?"

She turns off the television, just before Shodan's transmission is aired!

"...I... I'll see what I can do."

And she leaves. You can't help but notice how some of her energy was sapped by your comments, Jewels. Good job hurting her feelings like that. Seriously, what did she do to deserve that?

Gwen, how do you feel about this exchange? And you, Fission?

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2016 around 01:46

  • Locked thread
«8 »