Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
thejoshie
May 2, 2013


ISSUE #1
3.99
COLLECTOR'S ITEM

It took some doing, but thanks to the tracking of the energy traces left behind by the Zero-Point Energy suit that Sciromancer fought in, you tracked him to a factory on the outskirts of the city. Obviously, it's abandoned (aren't they all?) and thus, was off the grid for some years. Now, however, it houses the man who lead to the destruction of one of the cities most prominent labs**. And it's up to you all to take him down.

**As noted in Valkyrie Issue #0, in stores now, True Believer!

Now it’s time to take him down. When Ms. Doring woke you all up early this morning (1 AM) and sent you here, she did so in hope of catching him sleeping, or at the least licking his wounds...No such luck.

See, he was standing on the roof of the Factory, waiting for you, and with a point of a finger, the jet you all were flying in was hit. Hard.

“Thou may hast caught me unawares once, heathens, but not this time… For the word of Science has girded me with the armor of logic and reason. It speaks to me… it tells me how to defeat you! Just as it lead me to my victory over Captain Freedom!**”

**As seen in The Adventures of Captain Freedom #314


His pointing hand turns to a fist, causing the entire plane to shake. “In the name of Science… the Sciromancer, the living prophet of science itself, will defeat you all!”

It’s very jarring, as the plane strains and groans against the invisble grip that holds her steady. She's not moving anytime soon... but you all can still act! Each of you can escape the currently useless jet. How do each of you make your heroic entrance onto the battleground?


Slyphid Before taking off with the team, Ms. Doring had you make a public statement to the media as a bit of damage control to offset the outcry that rose from the destructive battle against Sciromancer. What did you say? And why did Mayor Sass not like it?

Seraphim You found out, from Archangel, that it was his idea for you all to wake up, with barely a wink of sleep, and get after this guy now. Between the battle and your follow-up investigation with Bravura, how do you feel right now, not having a chance at proper shuteye? Is it pushing you to far?

Bravura So, how was it? You, with the team of course, just fought in a battle that leveled a city block, including a Laboratory. How did it feel? How did you feel seeing the amazing things that Jewels and Sylphid were doing in comparison to your own heroism. How do you plan to top their accomplishments here?

Dragon Before, during, and sometime after the fight, you noted one thing: fear. People were afraid of you… no, they were downright terrified.
How does this make you feel, to be seen as a monster from the very people you have just saved? Will you try and present a ‘softer’ image of yourself to make it easier for civilians to not see you as a monster?

Avatar You didn’t tell anyone, but during the fight… something happened with your body. What was it? What symptom showed itself? A nosebleed? A bloody cough?
Regardless, it’s just another reminder that your body is changing and that the Nanites… yeah, I don’t need to remind you. So… when are you going to at least ‘talk’ to Jewels? The days aren’t getting any younger…

Fission You found out, at the very last second, that your boss left a message on your cell, asking you to take the 6:00 am early shift tom-uhm, later today. Yeah. Apparently the person normally working the shift was hurt in the teams battle with Sciromancer. You never got a chance to call your employer back and you really need to at least leave a message to let him know if you can make it… else you’re going to look irresponsible and negligent. How did you handle this WITHOUT alerting your teammates of your secret?

Shodan You owe Ms. Doring. She, besides some of your team, of course, came to bat for you, keeping the Mayor from locking you up after it was discovered that it was you that blew up Main St. And it was you that ‘stole’ the city’s power. Obviously, you don’t give a drat about Mayor Sass… the question is, how did it feel to have Doring and the others stand up for you? Oh, and Doring grounded you for the destruction, regardless. What did she take away from you and why are you now back to being pissed off at her?

Jewels Well, inspite of your fighting experience, toughness, and all out charisma, Ms. Doring named Sylphid field leader! Considering how you didn't like the way she bossed you around your first fight, how the heck will you tolerate it now? What is your mind set here?

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Feb 26, 2016 around 06:06

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

"Oh for gently caress's sake!" I mutter under my breath as our vehicle comes to a sudden and complete stop - in middair. Stupid Sciromancer and his stupid sciencesuit or whatever - the only reason I didn't go out the window is because I strapped into the pilot's seat, which had felt lame at the time but I'm totally glad I did now. That makes this even worse, really... this was my first time piloting this thing! Know how long it took me to convince everyone else I wasn't going to crash this thing on purpose?

The instant his dumb speech ends, I do three things. The first is hit the roof ejection button, popping the glass ceiling above us off the jet entirely. The second is to undo my seatbelt and slap an Auto-Bot (there's no way you actually need me to explain to you what this does) on the controls to prevent Doring from blaming me for yet ANOTHER thing exploding when this would've otherwise fell out of the sky. The third's to stand up in my seat, grin at my teammates like all of this is going exactly according to some secret plan of mine, and yell "Please disembark the vehicle in an orderly fashion!" And that's when I lean out of the cockpit, trenchcoat fluttering in the wind all cool-like as I start to plummet upside-down through the crisp night's air towards the Earth - at an increasingly terminal rate.

By my (superhumanly accurate) calculations, I have about four point seven seconds until I hit the ground. Since my brain's overclocked, that's plenty of time to both reflect on everything since the last time we fought this dick AND come up with a way to not die when I hit the ground. I got a lot to think about, need to put these few seconds to good use. Like about Ms. Doring and what a bitch she's being. I mean, you blow up ONE city block and suddenly you're banned from the school's computer lab?! That's so not fair! I didn't use those explosives just because I enjoyed it - I used them because, know what happens when an army of robots shoot beams at my teammates? They're fine, since they're all junior Olympians even if they don't have literal super-strength. I, on the other hand, have a really good brain and some nifty tricks up my sleeves, but that's it. I didn't want to get shot, so I blew the robots up, and that's apparently a good reason for the Headmistress to flip her poo poo. At least my teammates understood, which was awesome of most of them. Plus I didn't get locked up, which literally could've happened.

Three seconds till I land, and I've got an idea. I reach into the third column, second row interior right-side pocket in my coat, withdrawing the tiny gel-like capsules I keep there in a sealed plastic bag. No time to unwrap them or use less than one - I fling the baggie beneath me, quite aware it'll land a split second before me at best. That's all I need, which also gives me another two and a half seconds to think on things. Like how to take the Sciromancer out this time. Dude's a chump, but last time I sort of had to cause a lot of damage to take his suit down. His suit that I intend to get to study when this is all said and done. I've got a pretty good idea of how I'm going to wreck his poo poo, how to counter his powers, but it never hurts to spend another second considering it. There are times I hate my mutation, but right now? It's practically the most badass thing of all time, since a second is all I need to figure out how to beat this guy. One point seven seconds, to be precise about it, since that's how much time I've got left. Trust me, did the math in my head.

<Rauri> Assess the Situation
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3 = 9
<Thejoshie> Hax!
What here can I use to Negate Sciromancer's powers?


The capsules I threw hit the ground before I do, like I wanted, so hooray not dying. The kinetic energy from the capsules striking the ground causes them to rapidly expand, converting the force into a giant gelatinous Flubber landing mat. I mean, that's the movie I was listening to in the background when I both thought of and invented them, so that's what I named the capsules. Glad to see they actually work, especially as I land in it rather than the pavement. Instead of basically exploding like I would've if I wasn't such a loving genius, the greenish-yellow Flubber comfortably yet firmly parts, catching me like an absurdly durable and gelatinous trampoline. As I bounce up, landing on the blacktop around the building our Foe's perched atop, I'm already withdrawing a few cool gadgets of mine from my pockets, ready for the next phase of my awesome plan.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 26, 2016 around 08:34

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

Man, this past week has already been irritating. Not only did Ms. Doring for some reason decide to bring this lunatic girl of a techhead onto the team, she immediately blew up half the city and I have to listen to the mayor whining about it. I mean, my counter point was totally good! I mean I explained that the robot army of Sciromancer was completely devastating the city, and we were trying to stop them as quickly as possible. Which is totally true! It's just that SOMEONE had to use excessive amounts of explosives for it. ... I guess there's the thing with the bus, too, which was cool and needed at the time, but is also hard to explain. I suppose my explanation that it was either the bus or the bus' previous passengers taking some serious damage didn't satisfy him.

Anyway, back to the present. Thank god for Clara's constant videogame marathons she keeps talking me into, because we're doing a night raid on Sciromancer's secret lab with barely any time to sleep. While in a jet. With Shodan flying. ... I still can't believe she managed to convince us to --

'Shodan, what have you done this ti'--- Oh wait, it's not Shodans fault? That's got to mean - ughhhh.

Watching her pull her stunt, however, was pretty cool. Although I wish she'd had given some advance warning. And what's that thing in the cockpit? Is that supposed to be some sort of pilot bot? Eh... whatever. If the jet crashes, I am blaming Shodan. Right now, I just want to beat this rear end in a top hat into the ground. You have no idea just how much irritation you have caused me, Sciromancer.

"Let's go. We've got ourselves a villain to catch. Bravura, come with me. I'll fly you over. Rest of you, I trust you'll find a way down yourself? Unfortunately, super strength isn't one of my powers so I can't really carry all of you non-flyers. Galeblade Mystletainn, soar with grace!

With a small whirlwind of feathers (Sorry, people behind me...) the winged sword materializes within my grasp. With it, I can fly. ... Sure wish I'd figure out how to fly without it's help already. I mean, I am literally named after the spirits of wind, yet I can't fly.

"Going to keep him busy, until you all made it onto the roof. Then we just smash him into the ground and get this all over with. Anyone got a problem with that plan? We don't need fancy tactics - we got a large numbers advantage and this time he doesn't have robots."

Erm, anyway. Time to make an entrance! Dropping off Bravura on the other side of the rooftop (unless she has other travel plans down here, of course), I walk over (slowly, actually. Got to make a good impression!) to Sciromancer. I throw away Mystletainn to dismiss it, and it dissolves on the wind. Instead, I summon another weapon. "Arklance, Thoron! Roar like thunder!". With this chant, a large lance, heavily electrified, has become my weapon. Hopefully that'll mess with his tech.

Continuing my steady pace, I give Sciromancer an unimpressed glare. "So you can mess with technology, is that it? You will find none on me. Let's see how you hold up against the power of the wind!"

Directly Engaging: 2d6-1 5

... well, that would have been far more impressive if he handed dodges my longue and I hadn't launch myself right past him with my speed... waaaah why is the edge of the roof already here fucks saaaaaa--

Oh well. At least I got Exp.

For Team: 2 team +
If the leader has Influence over every teammate, add another team. (Nope)
● If everyone has the same purpose in the fight, add another team. (Beat up guy, so yes)
● If any team member mistrusts the leader or the team, remove a team. (This is our second fight so no)
● If your team is ill-prepared or offbalance, remove a team. (Gawd, yes)

I am marking Angry in order to get 3 Team out of this.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2016 around 01:07

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Well, Sylphid can think she's the leader. But that doesn't mean she knows best, and when I know better I'll just do whatever we need to. But I don't have to for now, because her instructions are totally on point as we all look around to try and figure out whats going on with the plane and spot The Sciromancer again. You'd think he'd learn being all about the scientific method and poo poo, isn't trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results like, the opposite?

Anyway, mission punch The Sciromancer is a go! I get to the emergency door on the plane and punch it open -technically I turned the handle enough to start it opening and then punched it the rest of the way open so no one could blame me for breaking it- and climb out onto the plane by sinking my fingers into the metal surface -whoops so much for the not breaking the plane thing- until I'm standing on top. From there I take a second to snigger at Sylphid's completely disastrous attack, and leap off to do an elbow dive direction onto The Sciromancer! As I plummet towards him I give Sylphid a little yell, "Hey Sylphy, this is how you do an aerial attack!"

<godfish> directly engage the sciromancer (frustrate Sylphid by being better)
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 11+3 = 14
<godfish> bwahahaha
I'll create an opportunity for the team and resist his blows

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger 1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 0/5 | Conditions:

I had worked the night shift before, so it was less, roll out of bed and instead change from my work outfit to my costume. I didn't complain or even think about complaining, but I sure the hell wanted too. I had planned to try to track down some information on what The Darkness was up too this evening, but instead I was fighting this faker. My dad was a lot cooler. You know, I really missed my dad.

Strapped in behind Shodan, I don't seem to be surprised by any of this, then again, I have my mask and rebreather on. The truth is until the explosion I was half asleep, with a timer to go off when we arrived. My hud of my mask came to life and I looked around. Groggy, I decided to do the simplest solution to a problem such as this. "See you all on the ground." My harsh robotic voice said, as I dropped through the bottom of the plane with my seat beat lying on the seat unhooked.

Falling through the air my hud highlighted the stupid science dude, I forget his name, right now I just need some coffee. I pressed a button on my helmet and a caffeine tablet was within mouth range. I chewed it before swallowing to wake myself up again. I landed on the roof more dense than I actually was and the roof buckled as I hit. Trying to recompose matter was hard, let me tell you by feel.

It was my responsibility that Cheryl the other coffee gal was hurt, and therefore I would take her shift too. I plugged in my cheap smart phone that Mrs. Doring had given me to allow her to contact her. "This is Sam" I said with the americanized version of my name the mask not distorting this call, after all Mrs. Doring said she couldn't understand me,"Will take up the shift, sorry just finished locking up." I said as I started running toward the Sciromancer jumping from roof top to roof top. The problem with dropping straight down is that in the air things seem so much closer horizontally.

Oh well at least that gave me some time to make the call. Unplugging the jack from the side of my mask, I looked over the scene, though it appeared that our more super powered team members were trying to attack, our leader was about to take a hit, I tried to pull the idiots attention toward me.

"Hey, you like science right. I fell into a particle accelerator. rear end in a top hat. I am science." I nod my helmet dramatically trying to distract him from attacking Sylphid.

Provoking scidummy
2d6+0: 6 [2d6=3, 3]
MArking Potential

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008






Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2

The whole get shakes and Gwen goes immediately tense. No. No. Not Gwen. Bravura. She can do this. Really she can. Even though she's in some kind of experimental jet. Flown by Shodan. Why did they let her do that?

Then again, she only got grounded for blowing up a city block. Everything had been going so well until then! We'd narrowed him in, cleared the area. Fighting Spambots was kind of cool, because...c'mon, Spambots, not like they have little botlets at home or anything (do they?) I really proved I could be useful...I think. Not like I was Slyphid, with her winged sword and her magic words. Probably a one-person army if she wanted to be. And Jewels...she's always been brash, big part of what I like about. I'd never seen her go at it like she did against the robots. Reminded me how mundane I am, how mundane she's not.

The jet shakes again. I grab Jewels' hand for a hot second, until the canopy bursts off and we all go flying. Breathe deep, Gwen. Breathe deep. Slyphid's got you, she controls the winds, you're gonna be fine, you're gonna be fine...

The roof still rushes up faster than I expected.

THUMP

I tuck and roll, like I've practiced so many times before. This is different, though. I'm actually in action. With a team. My team. My fingers move automatically, unhooking my bow, drawing an arrow. Up, and aim. Find the shot.

Slyphid revs up with all her fancy weapons and magics. It's a huge light snow, I almost wince from the brightness and drat did she not hit him. This could take a little while.

Then Jewels comes crashing down like a ton of bricks.

drat she's great.

And a great distraction. Sciromancer isn't paying attention to me at all. As Jewels makes contact, I line up and then....

Directly engaging Sciromancer, aiming for his eye, taking advance from Jewels
<Platonicsolid> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Platonicsolid, 11 = 11
<Platonicsolid> Holy crap.
<Platonicsolid> I will create a new advantage for y'all, and also frighten him, because ow, arrow in the eye.



TWANG.......SCLORP!

How the hell did I make that? Wow!

Oh no, no fancy banner!

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Apr 26, 2016 around 01:53

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

It was very, very lucky for me that Shodan caught everyone's attention in a vicegrip during that fight with her liberal use of explosives. Meant that nobody noticed me doubling over in pain, hunched up in the blasted out ruins of a building while I hacked up bloody and disturbingly solid phlegm. The Myriad whispered to me that it was nothing to be worried about, just the purging of weakness, to make me stronger later... which is bullshit, of course. It's them loving terraforming my body to better suit them. Or our body, I guess, those were the 'terms' I agreed to.

It's strange, but that bothers me less than other people finding out. I know what they'd do - they'd be worried, petrified, and then outraged that I'm not as worried or petrified about my impending doom. If there's one thing this school's taught me, it's that superheroes are pretty much just like everyone else when it comes down to brass tacks, so I don't feel as bad making assumptions that they're just as prone to being worriers as my old schoolfriends.

Still, it's certainly true that time's ticking away, and I don't know when I might lose my chance with Jewel, but... even despite that, it's... harder than you think to work up that kind of courage! I barely know her, and she's some superpowered gladiator child soldier or something, and I'm dying! That's not exactly good relationship material, now, is it? If only it was Shodan that I found cute, I can barely get her to leave me alone - unless she's busy sulking over getting grounded for blowing up a chunk of the city, of course...

Luckily, like I said, nobody noticed my problem, and I'm good at playing pretend - another habit I've picked up from my childhood. So business went as usual - until of course, the Sciromancer pulled this crap. The guy's a nut. If the Myriad had found him instead of me, he'd be worshipping them like a God, I'm pretty sure. With everyone else charging directly after him, I elect for a different approach. Hopping out of the canopy-less plane, I head for the nearest rooftop, limbs hardening with shock-absorbent nanites to break my fall - and the concrete roof I land on. Which is fine! Because I'm letting the Myriad reach out with their inhuman senses, to search for electrical or mechanical equipment. I really doubt that the Sciromancer doesn't have a trap here for us, after all...


[2:24pm] Nown: Hmm. Unleashing my Powers
[2:24pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[2:24pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 5+2 = 7
Extending my Senses. On a hit, you do it. On a 7-9, mark a condition or the GM will tell you how the effect is unstable or temporary.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Freak: 1| Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

In the old days I would have been dead on my feet about this time of night especially after so little sleep. But given the rather intense nature of the training Archangel had put me through I was ready to fight. After all to use the excuse he gave me "you don't always pick your fights. Sometimes your fights pick you." So you've got to be ready at any time and any place to fight. As for the rest i've always found copious amounts of coffee to be an effective pick me up. Didn't dare go to overboard though. I didn't want to get the jitters. Still if we are tired then the bad guy can only be more tired still. He to contend with the sting of defeat as well. Which might make him sloppy stupid.

-----------

Or maybe not. I was tempted to blame Shodan like some of the others obviously were but it really wasn't her fault. I was quite impressed with her flying actually we came in low to avoid any sensors he may have had and that kind of flying takes both skill and nerves of steel. Of course he was waiting so chances are that impressive display of skill won't get the reward it deserved. Of course that didn't solve the immediate problem. How to get out of the plane. I could just draw on the powers of one of the others to get me down safely but I'm not sure jogging their metaphorical elbow with me draining some of their power is a good place to start. No I'll have to do this the old-fashioned way. If only I'd remembered to bring some rope or a zip line or something. Oh well something to consider for next time. Never hurts to have a back up. As it is I dropped cautiously off the side of the jet. It wasn't a particularly spectacular entrance. Although I liked to think it looked kind of cool the way I rolled to a stop after hitting my knees to bleed off some momentum and then rising to one knee to scan the area for anything my teammates may have missed in their haste to engage the enemy directly.

[21:47] Ferrosol asessing the situation
[21:47] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[21:47] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
asking what here is the biggest threat. And how can we end the fight quickly.

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Sylphid- As you approach him slowly, Sciromancer cocks his head. “…now that I have a better look at you, I can see that you’re not the Sylphid I have faced several times in thine past… what are you? Sister? Daughter? Devoted sidekick, perhaps?”

You charge him with you Lance, and it may ‘look’ as if he dodged… but what actually happened was that he deflected you with a quick burst of Zero Point, causing you to stumble past him and towards the edge!

“Hmph… pathetic. I guess having a ‘name’, doesn’t make you as good as the person who had it. You’re not Sylphid, you’re a mere child! Begone, imposter!”

Considering that you can’t fly, you may want to do something about that, especially since… (see Bravura below, also you do reject Sciromancer’s insult, right? If not, -1 Savior and +1 Mundane. You're not Sylphid... you're just a girl!)

Jewels- As you slam into Sciromancer, he stands his ground and the two of you converge, with his forearm meeting yours with a flash of energy as you crash into a wall of Zero-Point energy from his suit. You are sent flying back, but he is also staggering back, leaving him open for…

Bravera- …a masterful shot in the eye! Brilliant, Bravera!

Sciromancer’s head snaps to the side and he stumbles back. "NO! Nonononononononono...!"

Then he reaches up and with a *Schlorp*, he pulls out the arrow and drops it to the ground. Heavy breathing is heard as he slumps to one knee and his hand covers his new wound, the empty eye socket, before…

“…worthless scum…”

His body crackles with energy before…

“WORTHLESS SCUM!!!”

KRAKABOOM!

With a _huge_ torrent of desperate energy, Sciromancer rips off the entire corner of the Roof that both you AND Sylphid were standing on! The very ground you’re standing on turning into crumbling asphalt! What do you do!?

(On top of of an action to avoid this danger, roll for taking a powerful blow!)

Fission- Yep, you have just been ignored. Burn. (Insecure condition for you. I think you need to be more assertive if you want to get his attention…)

Avatar- You detect life signs inside the factory! Unfortunately, you’re hit with another coughing fit which prevents you from scanning further…

“…don’t ignore me…”

…‘me’? Not ‘us’? The hell…?

Focus Avatar! There are people, not robots in there! Now what?

Seraphim- Well, you see only ‘one’ threat here. You watch him blow up the entire corner of the roof in a fit of rage… so he is a ‘big threat’… but you also notice something:

He brushed aside Sylphid and nearly stood his ground against Jewels… yet Bravera shot him? What was the difference?

…he was distracted. As Archangel taught you, Theatricality and misdirection are powerful weapons.

With this knowledge… now what?

Shodan- The factory is sure to be full of machinery of all types. Surely ‘something’ is in there that might be altered to counter his electronic suit…

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2016 around 06:00

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger 1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"drat it." I look at Bravera and swallow my pride, "Good shot." I call out before moving forward. I needed to get that fucker off the roof. That is all there was too it. I was going to have to fight this rear end in a top hat using everything I had at my disposal. There was going to be only one way to get to him. Go through him. Well not exactly, if I could time his assault he could go through the zero point energy field and then drag him out of his barrier an instant it would be like he had jumped off the building at terminal velocity and hit the roof. There is no way this plan couldn't work. And gently caress, he needed to do something, they already thought he was a burn victim and a pity case.

Maybe he was a pity case. Ugh, gently caress it sucks not being able to be normal around people that are so like me. I need to get close, and so I ran across the roof in a full sprint, launching myself at the Sciasshole and for a moment, I don't exist in this universe, but I also existed everywhere as I jump beyond the field and grab the rear end in a top hat. I pull him down to the ground on his back and then in a expertly trained move roll back.

"Get him!" I shout as loud as my robotic voicebox can project.

Directly engage SciDork
<Axe-man> !2d6+1
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 8+1 = 9
Setting up an opportunity for the team.
Orokos just gave a blank page and screw losing my post to clear my cookies

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2016 around 06:31

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Bravura
Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Porential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Roof (?)

I know I shouldn't take too much credit for a million to one shot. I'm not that good. Am I? Maybe? Well, I'll enjoy it. "Tha..." I start to call back to Fission.

I'm interrupted by a huge energy torrent, a sort of cascading ribbon of lightning that lances through the air. I leap to the side, trying to dodge it, but there's no way. It smacks me in the legs and sends me tumbling, landing in an inelegant sprawl against the lip of the roof.

<Platonicsolid> Taking the blow
<Platonicsolid> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Platonicsolid, 9 = 9
I'd say this counts as Giving Ground


I'm stuck back here, and...that might okay, I might have a moment to catch my breath. Except the roof is giving way. Echoes rattle as huge cracks form and open and the whole thing collapses. Rapidly. I know it's fast, even if it feels like slow motion too. As concrete falls through below me, I roll hard and scramble forward. Every step seems to find a chunk falling away. It's like climbing a waterfall. I make a final leap, reaching out for a piece of exposed conduit to swing myself away from the deteriorating roof - that'll move me closer to the Sciromancer. Crap. One crisis at a time.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Sciromancer's Lab's Roof

This little bastard did not just...

...

... you know what. He's loving right. I'm not Sylphid. Not yet. There's no way I stand up to the title, yet.

Anyway. This side of the roof falling apart means very little to me. I mean, I can literally be on the other side of the roof within two seconds, and my momentum carries on with jumps. But no, something more pressing. Bravura seems to have maneuvered herself into a precarious position. So I place myself between her and this rear end in a top hat. The Arklance's roaring electricity becomes even wilder in response to my agitation. I lift it up into a thrusting stance, ready to counterattack the second he tries to act on the opening Bravura provided.

"Nice shot." I whisper towards Bravura while I get her a quick glance before returning my gaze to Sciromancer. And begin ranting at him.

"So loving what, you idiotic shut-in. So I don't live up to the name yet? Whatever. Everyone's a newbie at some point. At least I'm not a loving moron who just goes on childish rampages on the pretense of helping science. Science exists to help people, not for this idiocy you are using it for. Shodan is a much better 'Prophet of Science' than you are, you worthless piece of trash. Get a grip yourself before you accuse others of being false! Look at the destruction you caused in your loving hissy fits. How the hell does that help science, huh!?"

Reject Influence (Sciromancer): 2d6 5 At least I get exp... again...

Never give up, never surrender: 2d6+2 7 Marking Guilty and choosing: You keep your attacker's attention.

Defending Bravura: 2d6+2 12 Keeping Bravura safe and clearing Angry.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2016 around 21:59

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Tch! I kick off the ground to flip away from the energy blast, though even what of it that did hit me didn't have any effect. Still a bit weird to think about not having to worry about taking most attacks. The jump might ave been a bit too strong, since I've landed on the far side of the factory roof, in time to see The Sciromancer with an arrow in his eye(!) blasting Bravura off the roof!!! Oh hell no! I sprint forward, aiming to pluck her to safety when Sylphid gets there first, that stupid interfering, gah! At least she's safe.

Time to turn my attention back to The Sciromancer then! I'm not entirely sure how he countered that last attack, but that doesn't really matter. I'll put him down before he can attack Bravura again! I squat down to sink my fingers into the roof of the factory, sending a series of cracks splintering along the length and pry up a large chunk of concrete. Holding it in both hands, I charge the rest of the way forward and swing it at him from the blindside created by Bravura's arrow!

<godfish> directly engage again!
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+2 = 9
Protecting my love for a +1 to make that a 10
I will impress/surprise/frighten The Sciromancer and resist his blows

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

It's hard to tell exactly what's going on in the rooftop battle from where I am on the ground, but you know what? It totally doesn't sound like the type of thing that I want to be directly involved in. Especially after that scream of pain from him, the big energy wave and roof damage... the whole thing seems like a job for the meatshields. And while they keep him busy, I'll solve the problem that is his intriguing battle-armor.

With basically everyone else participating in that ruckus on the roof, there's nothing stopping me from just putting a boot to the double doors leading into Sciromancer's lab and kicking them open. Gazing into the tech-laden building with a giant smile on my face, I reach my hands out and crack my fingers real quick before getting to work. Producing my self-made Tablet from my coat and setting it to hover in front of me, I start walking around his lab, looking for something of his I can hack and repurpose towards disabling his powersuit - and wow, would you just LOOK at that Supercomputer of his. It's sitting there, just begging for me to start messing with it. Bet he's using it to run computations for that suit of his - wouldn't it be fun to start messing with them?

My fingers are already flying through the air over my tablet, tapping away at the holo-keyboard it's projecting in middair, obliterating this thing's meager security measures.

(Rauri-phone) Shodan Unleash Powers
(Rauri-phone) !r 2d6
(Krysmbot) Rauri-phone, 9 = 9
Taking Insecure to not make Shodan's hack of Sciromancer's Supercomputer temporary.


Unlike the rooftop fight, the battle of Shodan vs Machine is over in seconds, with me the total victor. Not that anyone on the roof is going to care, of course. Bet half of them won't even believe I did anything at all - I'll be surprised if they don't think I'm down here just looting parts for my own lab. Already gotten yelled at by nearly as many for the Jet getting zapped, which was so totally not my fault, and the explosions earlier that kinda were, but whatever. Not my fault they don't understand my genius, and I totally don't care what they think of me. Assuring myself that I'm totally fine with my so-called teammate's disdain, I start dumping packets of pure gibberish into the Scriomancer's suit's linked systems. Shame I can't watch the results, bet the suit spazzing out is gonna look hilarious!

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2016 around 22:55

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

It's a good thing that I am - again - alone, so nobody can see me figure out firsthand that using my powers that way leads to the result of me doing my best '70 year old chain smoker' impression. Once I've recovered, of course, I forge ahead - there are other people in here! Whether they're hostages or enemies, they need to be found! The battle going on behind and above me is of no concern, I'm just assuming the others have it handled while I go attend to this!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1| Savior: +1| Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Skies Above The Lab

I'm a bit preoccupied as we fly towards this evil lair - that kid I protected back there started crying when she saw me, and that just was a bit... disheartening. I mean, it was just robots, of course I was going to run a bit wild - i made sure no one who was a real person got hurt. But when I have a chance to cut loose and take apart some klankers, it's a fun thing to do! I don't get to often - most people would get eviscerated if I tried to touch them. And that's bad, that's a bad thing to do - it's why heroes like Honey Badger often get pitted against robots, so they can stab them with impunity, while heroes like Bifocal fight a lot of human enemies, since their concussive blasts wont kill people.

So maybe I ran a bit wild, but I could do better this time - there hopefully wouldn- the plane suddenly stopped moving, and I was still lost in thought. Actually, I didn't even notice as everyone jumped out and made their escapes from the plane. I was busy formulating a plan on how to handle this without scaring the children back at home. I mean, I wanted to be a good role model, for kids like me, the ones who turned into monsters and were a bit more intimidating than others - and I couldn't be a good role model if I was scaring everyone myself.

I finally noticed that everyone around me was gone, and that we also weren't flying. At all. There was no movement - and I could hear the sound that could only be Jewels, because she was... she was kind of uniquely boisterous. By the time I'd gotten out, I got to watch Bravura put an arrow into the eye of the Sciromancer, and I couldn't help but shout at her, "Don't shoot living people in the loving eyes, you idiot! Heroes don't kill people!!!!!"

Provoking Bravura??? Fails....
KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
14:29 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 5-1 = 4


And then I'm watching Fission try and judo slam him - he's going to crack the guys head open, especially with Jewels jumping in - god drat it I was not going to have the first fight we have end with us murdering our villains. That was not going to be on my conscience, and it didn't seem like anyone was willing to listen to me if I just talked - so I did what I did best, as I flapped my wings and shot myself downwards towards the villain. I made an entrance - into his lab, speciifcally, as my clawed hands ripped open the floor under him - and Fisson as well - making sure that if he was thrown, at least he'd have time to right himself and not break his skull. "Non-lethal!" I shouted again, "Stop trying to kill the villain!"

Unleashing powers, reshaping environment to throw Sciro and the rest into the lab proper.
14:34 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
14:34 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9+3 = 12


I, unlike many of the others, could fly at least.... oh. It took me a few seconds to realize that not all of them could fly, as I watched the roof further cave in.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Freak: 1| Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

Distraction eh? I was trying to think of something with very little success. When our own 8ft tall dragon girl made the problem moot. Although I would have preferred a distraction that DIDN'T LEAVE ME DANGLING above a gap in the floor. As for the rest while I wouldn't go out of my way to kill someone I wouldn't cry my eyes out if Sciromancer ended up in the morgue rather than a jail cell. But right now I should be more interested in making sure I stay out of the morgue.Reaching out I tapped a little of Sylphids power to use the winds to slow my descent it was a trick that i'd picked up from working with Archangel and normally I'd ask permission before messing with someone elses powers but in an emergency like this forgiveness is more of an importance than this.


"Hey watch where your fighting. you drat near killed us all ." I snarled as Vermillion came down with a thump. "Look before you leap."

00:18] Ferrosol provoking Vermilion
[00:19] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10
asking vermillion to fight less recklessly

Ok at least that distracted him. I shouted at myt teammates "everyone on him now."

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2016 around 00:27

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Sylphid, Fission, Dragon and Bravura

Slowly rising to his feet, Sciromancer looks at you, Sylphid with stern eyes…

…with A stern eye.

“…for one thing, child, thou best get thine tongue properly cleaved! For you speak against the word of Science and his prophet… and none shall besmirch the word of Science! She’s a jealous Science and she will not be mocked!”

So… apparently ‘Science’ is a ‘she’. Interesting…

“You blather and speak empty words and parables about things you’re too young and ignorant to understand. Do you not realize how worthless you are in the grand scheme of thi-”

And it’s here that Fission comes from out of nowhere and rolls Sciromancer backwards… right into the ball of concrete that Jewel made up!!!

And just as he landed, Dragon swoops in and tears up the roof underneath him, sending him to plummet to his labs below!

“No… why am I not flying properly!? What witchery is this!?”

Only, he does not fall all the way, as his suit begins to jerk him left, right and center. Ending with him shooting up into the stratosphere!

The heck just happened!?

Meanwhile… a few seconds earlier…

Shodan And Avatar!

As you finish typing in the final subroutines, you hear something that causes the hair on your neck to rise…

“Nice! Artfully played!”

And you see a man in a clean, crisply pressed suit, Black coat, Black pants, black tie and shoes with a white shirt and shades. He holds up his hands. “I come in peace. I’m just here for the technology, is all. Men?”

You see a dozen of men in suits walk in from various corners. The hell is this!? How long have they been there!?

“Oh, don’t mind me, Miracle Dreamer Minovsky. I’m just here on behalf of Director Storm of CASTLE.”

He looks away from you for second. “Agent Lawson! That is a Metacominvate Converter. One slip up, and you risk blowing us all up into sub atomic particles!”

He nods in satisfaction then turns back to you. “Where was I, oh yes, I’m here to ensure the return of certain stolon technology. Can’t go around allowing you Valkyries to mess with things you don’t understand.”

He looks at you and hesitates for a few seconds, before smacking his head. “Oh, right, Agent Foster. Albert Foster. You may know me by my other moniker, but I assure you, I’m on the level, I even have docu-”

And it’s here, Avatar, that you enter. And it’s here that you see someone you have not expected to see…

Albert Foster.

The Archivist!

And this is when the ceiling conveniently collapses above you all! Spilling Valkyries and one stunned Sciromancer who is flying this way and that in an uncontrolled motion!

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2016 around 01:33

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Sciromancer's Lab's Roof

"... glad someone in this building has some common sense..." Sylphid mutters under her breath as she gets up, having somewhat ungracefully sprawled across the ground

She then turns to Vermillion Dragon.

"... Was this really necessary? ... Hey, do me a favor and catch Sciromancer. I don't think I can carry him and his stupid suit. ... I would prefer if you knock him out first, though. Don't particularly want to hear his nonsense."

Then, she turns to the CASTLE agents.

"Good... morning. Pleased to meet you. It's an honor working with CASTLE. We'll leave it to you, then. ... although I do have to admit I wish were informed of the danger this technology poses."

She looks up to the hole everyone just crashed through.

"As you can see, sadly some members of this team aren't very... precise."

While doing small talk, Sylphid does wonder, though. Why weren't we told of any of this? Were we just a distraction? What's going on here?

Pierce the Mask: 2d6+2 10 Choosing: What are you really planning?, What do you intend to do?, How could I get your character to reveal the truth about this situation?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2016 around 01:54

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger 1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure

The floor vanishes and I crouch into the landing as I fall into the lab before. As I couldn't really "fly" I just watch the SciLoser fly off into the stratosphere as something happens. I land my knee causing the concrete floor, causing a indent. Standing up, I see a large lab and apparently another group. Great. This wasn't good at all. I decided to figure out what the hell was going on here. Clicking on my hud in my visor, I try to determine what is going on around us.

Assess the situation
<Axe-man> assessing the situation
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 6+0 = 6

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Roof

I haul myself on the pipe, pulling up with my arms while I swing my legs around, like a pendulum, throwing myself into a twirl to arc towards a safer section of the roof. I land just behind Sylphid, who's clearly been covering for me. "Thanks," I answer her, ducking to the side to snatch up my dropped bow, and get behind a low section of ductwork. It's not great cover, but it's better than nothing.

"Better than the heart!" I shout back at Vermilion. God, how can lizard girl be so judgy?

I can hear the fighting rolling on behind me as I get my next arrow out and ready. I wheel around and stand up, ready for another shot, just in time to see Sciromancer shoot up into the sky. "The hell?" I mutter. I lower my bow for now. "Thanks for the cover," I say to Jewels, with another nod to Sylphid. "Nice body slam," I add to Fission. Vermilion, she just gets a glare from me.

Then the roof collapses.

I'm more ready this time, if only because I have my footing. Still, it's a whole story, and I land hard. Going to be so many bruises after this. I get up and brush myself off, coughing. So much concrete dust.

<Platonicsolid> Straight. Up. Creepin'.
<Platonicsolid> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Platonicsolid, 6+2 = 8


There's a lot going on, but Sylphid's doing talking for now, so...I can have a little look around.

What is being concealed here?

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Feb 29, 2016 around 01:45

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

Awesome, I'm being addressed by an extra from Men In Black - probably one of the sequels since they're poo poo like he is - and his boyband backup. Not only did they do nothing to stop the Sciromancer, but this Lawson guy both addresses me by my real name instead of my handle (a major strike against him), AND seems to have gotten it into his head that he can insult me while stealing all this wonderful technology for himself (and that's two more strikes). I don't get along with the government at the best of times - and especially not when they show up to steal the equipment of a villain we fought. I am not going to let them ninja our loot, that's just obvious. Afterall I probably have enough DKP for some primary slot poo poo by now!

Angrily tapping away at my tablet, I'm going to multitask here. Still hacking the Sciromancer's suit, I'm also pulling up a disgusting shock image to project towards these CASTLE conformists, and oh yeah shouting back at the son of a bitch. "Are you kidding me?! You can go and shove-" But then the the roof collapses on us, which is unbelievable to me since I hadn't even done anything to it yet, and yeah my speech is interrupted. Needless to say I jump for cover asap, managing to shield myself against the falling concrete and teammates beneath a prototype shield of some sort.

Watching while the othe Valkyries peel themselves off the floor as the dust settles, I wait to move back into plain view of everyone else until after Sylphid's said her (moronic) bit to Agent Foster or whoever he is. With my tablet still floating in front of me and my awesome black trenchcoat on, it's my turn to talk now. Even though I don't expect any of my supposed teammates to back me up, at least I gotta try.

"Yeah, like I was saying 'Agent Foster' - you should go and shove those glasses up your rear end, over and over and over again." I'm tapping away at my holokeyboard during all this, glaring at him and his Secret Service-looking crew all the while. "Think you can insult us, try and intimidate me, and steal the loot of a villain you DIDN'T help against at all, 'cuz you supposedly work for some NSA-type? Think again."

I turn one hand away from typing in order to flick him off manually. Could've just projected an .img of one, but the real way's just a little more satisfying. Glancing back towards Sylphid, I'm letting her (and the rest of the team) know what's up. "We're not letting them touch a drat thing until we've looked the place over first, kay-thanks?" I look from person to person, especially Avatar, hoping at least one of them will agree with me... but all the while coming up with contingency plans in case they're going to be dumb about this.

<Rauri> Provoke the Archivist
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3+3 = 6
<Rauri> :o
Someone wanna help out and spend a point of team to save me a hard move? The Archivist will stumble, err, or overreact if you do~

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2016 around 11:26

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1| Savior: +1| Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Skies Above The Lab

I'm still floating, watching for everyone to see if anyone's going to get hurt from the fall - so I can catch them! Only for Sciromancer to start spinning out of control and freaking out - oh yeah, the leader shouts at me to get him too, but really, was there any chance I wasn't going to? I wasn't going to let him fly off out of control and die somehow - I was not getting blamed for that kind of thing. It wasn't easy to do high precision flying - i mean I only had the wings for a year or so now, but luckily he was flying right at me, so I just had to fly against him. With one hand closed I wrapped myself around him, using my claws to rip off his rocket pack with the other hand, to keep him from continuing to fly out of control.

10:22 KittyEmpress directly engaging jetpackstuffsciromancer
10:22 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
10:22 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8+1 = 9
I take their rockets from dem. and get hit with blows.


The politics below me, honestly, meant nothing to me - after all, why would I care what CASTLE thought - so long as we got our job done and no one got seriously injured, we'd done good, i'm busy shouting at the Sciromancer anyways, "Calm down! You're going to hurt yourself!!"

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2016 around 18:57

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger 1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Thanks your good shot distracted him." I say to Bravia quickly, I notice her glances at jewels and feel a slight tinge of jealousy. If only I didn't have to wear this stupi- no. I have to. Gotta think of my family, can't let The Darkness get to them. I give a brief glare at the dragon lady, and shrug off her attack. After all she just dropped the loving roof into the lab!

"Like you have done anything ever at all effective. Remember the Super Bowl? Yeah that was real good work." I adding to the Shodan and Castle conversation. Castle was such a gently caress up!

Spending a team point to give Shodan a success!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I just see red. Like, literally, the Myriad cover my eyes and I see the world through a red filter, and him - the Archivist, outlined, a target I have to go for - I need him and whichever of his inventions can stave off the Singularity. I don't even notice the roof collapse, I'm already running forward, the skin around my arms turning black as the nanites focus there. This has to be quick, before the rest of his goons get a chance to draw a bead...

[1:16pm] Nown: Directly Engaging The Archivist
[1:16pm] KittenPhone: always be stupid in teengames
[1:16pm] Nown: !roll 2d6+2
[1:16pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 10+2 = 12
Trading Blows,
●Taking something (Clues towards the item I need to defeat the Singularity) from them.
● Surprising the opposition.


First, I drive a punch into his stomach. Then I grab him by the neck, as the fingers of that hand unwrap into pitch-black tendrils laid against his skin. It's a real rush, bringing a devilish grin to my face. It's not just the adrenaline that energizes me; I'm literally drawing energy from him to bolster what I'm already giving to the ravenous Myriad, and memories to try and find my singleminded goal...

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Sylphid

So far, every thing looks as you’d expect. Computers are being turned on, papers are being bagged, complex machinery are being broken down and prepped for transportation.

As for Foster, he seems to have a bit of a superiority complex… at least, in relation to your team. Talking to him is a good start, but you could also try stroking his ego. It could make things easier later on… and you have a feeling you’ll be crossing his path again.


Bravura

You pretend not to see a half-burned peace of paper in the garbage can near the back. It has some unreadable fine print (it’s too far away to read and you don’t want to get caught tampering) But there are two words you can make out:

Misfits.

GEMM.

Dragon

And with the ripping of his jetpack, it’s all over… even if he does get one last blast right into your face! (Mark a condition). With his suit useless, you now have a defensless Sciromancer.


Shodan, Fission, Avatar

Foster stood his ground when Shodan got into his face. And as debris fell around him, he merely sidestepped as far as necessary, all while re-adjusting his tie.

He was about to respond to Sylphid, but when Shodan returned to his face and finished her tirade, Foster hesitated for a second before responding.

“…gently caress myself with my glasses repeatedly? At least that is a clever way of using ‘go gently caress yourself!’, I suppose. Still… how very 90’s of you, Miracle Dreamer.”

That arouse some snickers from the other agents.

“…so I need a proper 90’s counter insult, right? Fine, I’ll stoop to your childish level… ‘Eat my shorts!’… no… ‘Don’t have a cow, man!’… no, that’s not quite… Ah! ‘Why don’t you go hack the Gibson!’. There. 90’s enough. Corny enough. And a hippie like you can even appreciate it.”

Ow. He’s laying it on thick. “And as for helping you… let’s just say that we were skeptical in how effective this team would…”

"Like you have done anything ever at all effective. Remember the Super Bowl? Yeah that was real good work."

The slight smile on Foster’s face was erased when Fission spoke up. Roughly brushing past Shodan, he went face to mask with with the hero!

(Shodan! He isn’t looking at you! What are you waiting for!? GRAB SOMETHING… and if I may ask, what did you grab and why?)

“One, don’t you ever interrupt me again. You don’t have that right. Two, if you value your secret, I suggest you shut-up, right now. Both of you are writing checks that neither of you can hope to cash. This is a harsh world… but you already know that, don’t you… what, with what happened with the fission reactor. You have two lives to answer for, so you are the last person to judge ANYBODY!**”

**Of course, Foster is referring to the tragic events chronicled in Valkyrie Origins: Fission.

(Fission, mark Guilt)

Foster turned away, only to meet a fist to the gut, followed by a vicious grasp of his neck. Yet, while winded and in pain. He didn’t panic. He was in this situation before.

“…stupid.”

ZAP!

The pulse is invisible to the naked eye, but Avatar, through the Myriad, sensed it loud and clear. As it washed over Avatar, the nanites scream and scatter, sending painful trickles up and down Avatar’s nervous system.

Foster attempts to compose himself, holding his neck as he straightened back up, immediately waving off agents who drew their guns.

“…stand down, men. Ms. Lee, what you just felt, was this…” He takes out of his pocket a cylinder shaped object that was now smoking, “…an EMP grenade. A special one. You could say that it’s the first smart bomb designed to take down specific technological targets. One of the many, many projects wiped out with the now deceased Sky Labs**… The result of my upc;lose and personal study of you and the Myriad…**”

**Remember Sky Labs? It was the battleground between the Valkyries and Sciromancer and Spambot. Issue #0

As for the history between Avatar and Archivist, checkout Valkyrie Origins: Avatar!

…yes, there will be a quiz on all of this.

-Josh


(Avatar mark a condition)

He stretches his neck. “I’m not here to fight, but know I have more surprises if you try that again. Now… I will only say this once. Release Sciromancer into our custody and leave. I’ll make a report that you all did your part. You’ll each get a juice box or something.”

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Feb 29, 2016 around 02:38

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I give Bravura a thumbs up and a big grin in return for her thanks right as Vermillion decides to blast the ground out from under us for some reason. Shifting my footing around a little, I just surf down the landslide of broken concrete into the room that has Shodan and Avatar and a bunch of suits. Not entirely sure who they are, but Shodan and Avatar both look pretty angry so I guess they're like, The Sciromancer's goons or something? I'm about to move in to help them when Sylphid pops up to say they're CASTLE and I can feel my blood freeze.

loving CASTLE, here? No this is bad, loving gently caress! They're top level Government which means they were either behind or knew about what those bastards did to me and my sister, or else they completely failed to save over a hundred kidnapped children. Every part of me wants to hurt them, to make them pay for what they did or let happen to me, but I force myself back, shifting behind one of the larger pieces of Sciromancer Tech to stay out of sight.

....At which point Avatar attacks one of the Agents. I have no idea what to do about that, until something happens, some kind of invisible explosion, and he starts threatening her. gently caress. That. Noise. I charge forward, smashing whatever piece of tech I was behind to pieces as it falls to the floor, and put myself squarely between this fuckhead and Avatar. "Back the gently caress off doucheface! Who the hell do you think you are, anyway? CASTLE? Lets seem some loving proof, anyone can say they're a CASTLE agent if they want to, thats about as believable as saying your loving Garbo the Martian Shapeshifter. So prove it or get the gently caress away from my team!"

<godfish> provoke agent doucheface
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 10+2 = 12
prove he's CASTLE + has authority or

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Lab

Look. Listen. Feel the room. One of those things they drilled into me over and over. Didn't matter how honed *you* were if you ran into your other dancers, couldn't hit a mark or pick up a cue. You'd be surprised how many things go wrong in even the best productions. It's attention that keeps everything running smoothly.

So I look. Plenty of garbage and burned out equipment. I look where the CASTLE agents are, what they're getting - computer stuff, it looks like, nothing I can do much....wait.

Huh.

I peer carefully and, I hope, discretely, across the room, at that half-burned piece of paper. It looks like a notepad somebody - Sciromancer? - scribbled on in big letters. Misfits. GEMM. I file both away for future research. Might mean something, after all.

Definitely later, since things are getting incredibly, remarkably tense, fast!

"Avatar!" I shout, rushing in to grab her. I'm as surprised as she is when Foster sets off his little toy. An EMP grenade...an....anti-Avatar grenade. Doesn't that seem creepy?

Then again, Amy was about buy deep into some felony commission, so....

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +3 | Danger: +1| Savior: +1| Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: The Skies Above The Lab

I get blast point blank, and it doesn't really hurt - mostly because he hits me in the scales, but it's annoying - it's another bit of a poo poo sandwich for today. It's more stupid loving poo poo, another stupid loving rear end in a top hat doing stupid loving things and trying to get themselves hurt, and of loving course I am going to get hurt taking care of them. I'm turning back pissed off but at least we're done, just in time to see Avatar acting like a loving idiot - only for this professional to suddenly go and take her out with some weird device that seemed to actually. gently caress. No. I still have sciromancer in my arms as I fold my wings in, letting myself just drop, steel piercing spikes on my feet angled at this rear end in a top hat as I fell from above, loudly announcing my entry into the fight with a, "No one gets to lay a hand on my teammate, you loving prick!."

Directly Engage
20:09 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
20:09 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 4+1 = 5


Comfort Avatar
20:14 KittyEmpress hahaha
20:14 KittyEmpress joshie you ready to double hardmove a dragon
20:14 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-2
20:14 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 12-2 = 10
20:14 KittyEmpress what the gently caress
Gonna add +1 team to our pool.


You see, angry as I was at Avatar for apparently trying to attack a government agent, Whatever he was doing, it was hurting her. And heroes did a lot of things, but we didn't hurt our own as a first measure, we certainly don't threaten them with some form of weapon that's meant specifically to take them down. So I wasn't just angry now, I was livid, this person things they can hurt my teammate, that they can threaten them?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger 1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 2/5 | Conditions: Guilt

There is silence as I looked at home and said in a low voice "You keep them out of it!" I made a fist at the rear end in a top hat when Avatar lurches forward and starts killing him! "Stop it! you are-" I shield my head as my hud goes dark for a moment as the emp grenade goes off. This was insane, Avatar had just attacked the guy, and I knew that he was an rear end in a top hat, but I didn't want to kill him. Dragon lady was taking care of Avatar, but I was looking more at the other people in the group and the soldiers with him. So he really liked making fun of my teammates, well, I would let him have his day, but I would be watching him.

Instead, I just try to calm down a bit, this wasn't going to go bad, it couldn't. I had to prepare myself for the worst, while Avatar at least was being looked after. I wanted for the hammer to fall and looked at the smug g-man. "Just what do you want?" I asked him honestly.

Using game face before the situation escalates further!
2d6+0: 8 [2d6=5, 3]
Clear a condition
Clearing insecure

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

It takes an awful lot of willpower to not draw my shotgun when this guy makes fun of my name again, his dumb cronies laughing along. He even said it in front of my teammates, and I'd been trying to keep that poo poo a secret. Plus he called me a hippy too, and that's soooo not what I'm about. Fission speaks up though, distracting Agent Foster, and while he starts to stalk towards my perpetually-helmeted teammate, I knick his phone off his beltclip as he passes me by me - rather stealthily too, if I do say so myself. Gonna look at this later, find out more about this douchebag. Fission's earned herself a smirk, which I deliver to her over Foster's shoulder. Mental note, no hacking her helmet like I'd been planning on... for at least a week or two anyways.

And then Avatar rushes in and starts to just beat the absolute hell out of him. It's great, and I totally agree with her, and then the mad bastard triggers some sort of EMP device - the nanites on Avatar start to retreat instantly, and I'm even madder at this jerk than I was when he was just taunting me. That's so messed up! Did he manage to mess up her link with the Myriad somehow? She described how her tech worked to me some, and that seems the likeliest explanation to me. That's loving awful. Both what he did to her, and to trigger an experimental EMP when I'm standing RIGHT HERE. Do you even know how long it'd take me to repair my non-shielded devices if that'd been a little less specific than he thought? A loving while, let's just leave it at that.

Luckily the team steps up for her - in a way they totally wouldn't for me, but whatever, it's still nice to see. Jewels interposes herself between Avatar and the agents, Bravura goes to support her, and our Dragon Friend smashes down from up above. Much as I'd love to join in on that, not sure it's the smart move here. This situation is definitely escalating - but these agents have got a numbers advantage, which isn't ideal for us, obviously. Let's neutralize that shall we?

Hitting the button to shut down my tablet display, I take a step towards all the Agents that seem pretty determined to draw their guns and retaliate for us attacking this Foster creep. Stowing my tablet away in one pocket, I withdraw a small, black metal wand - all blinking diodes and super threatening looking - from another, then swish it back and forth in the air a few times with an incredibly cocky grin despite facing down a dozen gun armed men. "Yeah, guns down and stay back - or I shut off your nervous systems. Been meaning to test this Human Hacker out in the field, so by all means, please, try me." Raising the wandish device ominously, my finger hovers menacingly over a button as my hair hangs down over my eyes.

<Rauri> Are the Castle Agents watching closely?
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4+3 = 7
You get an opportunity, You confuse them for some time.


Unbenknownest to everyone here but me, what I'm holding isn't a Human Hacker, though I should definitely invent one of those. What I'm actually holding is an experimental Wireless Router Antenna. Kinda hoping nobody notices that.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 29, 2016 around 09:16

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

Woah woah woah hold the loving phone, what is going on here!? First off, I make sure to interpose myself between Avatar and Foster, then I turn a halfstep so I can see most people involved.

"Everybody, calm the hell down. Nobody attacks anyone until we know what's going on. Let's just talk this out first, okay? First off, what the hell are you doing and why. You better have a good reason for this. As for you, Mr. Foster.. I would prefer if you didn't lay into my teammates for no particular reason. Something like that really should be above a man of your calling. It would be tragic if CASTLE lost such a valuable asset simply because he underestimated a group of metahumans trying to work with him, you knw? We're here to help, but so far you've shown nothing other than your unwillingness to accept it. Not only that, you've kept secrets from us that not only could have quite possibly get everyone here killed, you also have technology directly specialized to taking out my teammates. Clearly, it was necessary, but would you like to explain your reasoning behind that? Or are we just not worth that much to you? Is that what you're trying to tell me here? We should be working together instead of against each other, you know."

Defending CASTLE guys (and Foster too I guess): 2d6+2 12 Defending whichever castle goon gets attacked. I still get the choices here, right? If so, I'm taking Influence on Foster.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2016 around 07:11

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid

I barely even have time to register the sound of his detonated grenade before it hits me like... like nothing I've felt before, and nothing I ever want to feel again. Nanites flee the pulse, and my muscles spasm under the sudden stress. Even where they weren't concentrated, the nanites are affected, and my legs turn to jelly. I collapse, throat too tight and stiff to even scream. One simple device and I'm defenceless, back to just being the girl I was before the Myriad. More than the pain, the thought of that is terrifying

Taking the Condition 'Afraid'

"Don't l-let them!" I manage to gasp out, once the bomb's effects begin to wear off. "H-he's a villain! He has to be stopped!"

I still don't think Avatar would open up based on Vermilion's Comfort/Support roll? 'don't touch her' doesn't really give much reason for her to open up, it feels more like a Defend to me, idk

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Freak: 1| Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

Well that went south pretty fast. Where the hell did those Feds come from... CASTLE huh I've never had the pleasure of running into them personally but I know Adam had and from some of the curses I'd heard from him about them I doubt it was a pleasant one. A theory confirmed by the way he treated my team-mates. I mean I have my own suspicions about Avatar but that isn't an excuse to throw an EMP grenade in their face. I mean I may not like my team-mates but I'm not letting some prick from the government stomp all over them. Assuming he is actually from the government at all. I mean he had the cheap storebought suit and the mass produced men in black 3 sunglasses but there was no proof. Anyone with zero fashion sense could dress like that.

Still if it did come down to violence I intended to be ready. I'd like to see him try and counter my powers the prick. So I'd make him my primary target the others could handle his henchgoons. "Hey rear end in a top hat can we see a badge or something and preferably not one of those ones in gold foil with chocolate inside. Also I'd like to see a warrant you can't barge in here and arrest people. That's our job."

[21:34] Ferrosol provoke the archivist
[21:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[21:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Everyone

Foster takes off his shades, casually wipes them, the places them back on his face. He is obviously not at all moved by Shodan's bluff. The other agents are, by the way they give the young woman in the trench coat space, but not him.

He sharply turns his back on Dragon to look at the others. "...do each of you understand what you are? What you represent? Why you are here?"

He looked at Sylphid directly. "You were sent to take down a criminal who attempted to kidnap a... civilian geneticist and steal the technology from the late SKY Labs. Everything here is stolen tech from various government facilities and laboratories. I'm sent here to retrieve them so that Castle can return them to their rightful owners. Certain government parties would be very pissed at you all if you were to... say... 'take' things without their permission. I'm looking out for you. Now whether or not you believe or trust me... well, I don't give a rat's rear end, frankly."

He reaches into his suitcoat and takes a folded piece of paper out. "Maybe if you bother to ask me... instead of allowing Ms. Lee there to pummel me within an inch of my life, I would had taken out my warrant instead of an EMP grenade. In 'self defense' I might add. Keep it, I have copies. That's also all you're getting. Your little team pissed me off, and I think I've been more than tolerant enough. Men, continue with your orders. If they touch anything... arrest them. NONE of them can afford having a criminal record."

He turns to leave... but then pauses when he reach for something in his pocket. Sighing, he strangely continues to walk on, out the building.

And... that's it. Five minutes later, a Castle transport arrives and the men forces a ranting and raving Sciromancer into it for transport. His eye is heavily bandaged.

You all watch the CASTLE agents carry the equipment out onto other transports when your communicator's click on.

"...girls, I received word that Sciromancer has been detained. Good work... though there will be thoiongs that has to be discussed. After you all get some rest. Return to the school. Not much else you can do here."

-----
The next morning (or later today, rather).
-----

Sylphid, Jewels and Avatar-

Sylphid, you're given the official task to report to Ms. Doring about last night. How do you feel about this? What do you plan to tell her? And what are your thoughts of her having you bring Avatar and Jewels along?

Jewels, what are your thoughts on last night? Your first confrontation with a government agency since your escape? Any idea why you were summoned? And with Sylphid and Avatar of all people?

Avatar, are you feeling better? Any new symptoms? and hey... you're with Jewels! Comeon... what do you have to lose?


Seraphim & Bravura

Bravura, you have a new lead! GEMM and Misfits! What do the to of you do now? What shocking information do each of you find following up on this in relation to the SKY Lab attack?

And what was it that CASTLE attempted to cover up?

Oh, and Seraphim... in the middle of your sleep, you were visited by Archangel. And he showed you a video... of Avatar coughing up blood during the fight with Sciromancer (he arrived too late to help, but manged to take a video of this).

He fears that there is something Avatar is telling the team and that until she does, they are in danger... yet he also suggests that you shouldn't ask her (she may lie), instead, try to get a 'sample' of her blood so that he can analyze it. How the heck will you do that?

Fission, Shodan and Dragon

Fiss-I'm sorry, Esmail, your morning shift is 'finally' over, and you notice Shodan and Dragon sitting nearby.

Well, this is rare. No training scenario, not enemies trying to shot you. Just you and Shodan and a Dragon. Well? What do you do? And what is the name of the coffee shop?

Shodan, you have Fostor's phone and now you are away from most peoples prying eyes, so now you can monkey around with it. How do you do this. What information do you find and why is it a threat to 'you' in particular and the team in general? And how do you feel having a Dragoness hang out with you?

Dragon, Jewels is in some sort of important meeting, and Seraphim is out being Seraphim. With the others in their own business, only Shodan was availiable.

So, what do you do? Small talk? Sullen silence?

And how do you handle the stares of everyone in the room?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Food Court Coffee Shop

It's eleven thirty, I've gotten maybe three hours of sleep, and I am setup at a table and nearly by myself in a food court. Normally those would all point to this situation being horrible, if not for three important factors. The first is the giant mocha I have in front of me, absolutely loaded with both cinnamon and sugar and whipped cream. The second is my breakfast / lunch, a giant bowl of soft-serve icecream from a nearby shop, absolutely loaded with toppings as well. There's no rule against ice cream for lunch, and my brain probably uses a bunch of calories or something... whatever, I'm eating it.

The third and most important reason this morning is great is that I have Foster's phone, and I'm just about done digitally dissecting every scrap of data on it. Since I'm grounded and the computer lab's included in that, I setup here in the cafeteria. As I'm busy slicing past the phone's meager defenses on my tablet with one hand - I've reserved the other for my icecream or coffee - I'm making sure to keep a watch on the rest of the room too, in case Doring shows up. Luckily everyone else is wise enough to leave me alone while I'm busy hacking something, so it's actually been a kind of productive lunch - especially with all of this excellent caffeine and sugar to keep me going!

Well, almost everyone. Vermilion Dragon sat down at my table - probably lured in by the shiny holodisplay I have up of the data of Foster's I'm analyzing - but I don't actually have a problem with that. VD (note: don't call her VD to her face) is easily one of the coolest teammates I have. She's a dragon! I'm an unabashed nerd, let's not get that wrong, and my team has a girl that you normally only encounter on a d% table on it! What's more, she seems like an outcast too, and that automatically endears someone to me.

After a particularly juicy bit of info scrolls past, I can't help but announce it to her. "Ohhh fun. Seems CASTLE debated sending along an 'evolving android' named GodMode with Foster and crew." Retrieving an image of from Foster's phone, I bring it up on my tablet's holodisplay, grinning despite the news I'm about to share. "Seems it's designed to be able to take The Valkyries - us specifically - out in a straight up fight." I let that sink in. "It's programmed to shoot me first, hilariously enough. Guess I pissed somebody off?" I'd be a bit frightened about it if it wasn't so awesome that I'm that big of a threat. "Though given how badly we punked Sciromancer and them, they totally should've brought this thing along I em oh."


GodMode

Making sure she knows what I mean, I motion at the phone my tablet's linked to via a microusb cable. "I stole Foster's phone and hacked a ton of info off it - I'm just that good. Cool right? Whaddya think?" Yeah, uh, looking back towards my tablet real quick, sort of embarrassed by how transparently I just fished for praise. Whatever, she's my teammates, and I think she's kinda rad - and even I'm allowed to care about my teammates liking me, sometimes anyways!

Sharing a celebration and some info with Vermilion Dragon!
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they think you're cool. If they say yes, give them Influence and take Influence over them. If they say no, mark a condition or spurn them immediately. Either way, add a team to the pool.
If she says yes VD gets to adjust two of Shodan's labels and Shodan will get influence on her

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 1, 2016 around 07:56

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Hallways

Quite frankly? I'm going to tell her exactly what happened yesterday, and what I think of it.

Namely, the complete lack of communication, everyone doing whatever the hell they want without asking their teammates first, and so on. I mean, for fucks sake, both Avatar and Shodan snuck off, although I came to expect it from Shodan. Then Avatar just reappears, and without any warning, just punches one of the guys we're working for! Then blames it on him being a "villain" without any sort of proof, as if that'd fix it. And of course, I have to loving deal with the fallout of this disaster of a team. I mean, if we didn't have such overwhelming firepower, there was no way we would have won against Sciromancer! Right now, this 'team' is as effective as 8 strangers randomly having met on the street. We need to do SOMETHING about this, team exercises or whatever.

Really, the only ones I can praise in this map are Seraphim, Fission and Bravura. Everyone else either goofed off doing their own thing, ran off doing whatever, is incapable of being in the presence of a government agency, or caused completely unnecessary collateral damage. I mean, sure, the CASTLE guys were loving assholes, but that doesn't mean you get to punch or insult them freely. ... I am going to mention that it's hard to work with the government and it's agencies when they don't seem very interested at working WITH us. Oh, and the loving weapons CLEARLY designed against us. I am going to make very, very sure Ms. Doring understands my displeasure with them.

And... I'm not exactly sure why Jewels and Avatar are to be present when I give the report. ... Just like I'm not sure how Shodan ever made it on the team, but hey. Shodan at the very least has proven helpful in the last fight. Anyway, some things are just better said under four eyes. Especially when the one's present are a cyborg or whatever with apparent perception issues, and someone who can only think with their fists. This feels more like It's half report, half "get yelled at by the principal" as if we're little school kids or something.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2016 around 07:09

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry



Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior 0 | Superior 0 | Mundane +3
Potential 2/5 | Conditions: | The Coffee Shop of Doom



The bright purple/pink name of Sam was emblazoned on my blue tee shirt, as I looked down at my 8 shot straight coffee that I had under the table. I hated this job so much, I pretty much hated coffee, I mean turkish coffee is alright and tea is divine, but this americanized crap is just too much for me. I cleaned up the last of the coffee as I shut down, and wiped down everything. I took two big cups to the two teammates celebrating together, each filled with what I remembered they enjoyed in coffee. I tried to look rather bored and less than the exhausted I was. Thankfully, my stamina was a lot greater than it use to be.

"Hello ladies!" I said in my usual chipper coffee salesman voice, "Just wanted to give you both a cup of coffee as a thank you for mostly saving the Coffee Shop. Cheryl was hurt, but she is recovering. But hey, I get to be here to give this to you instead." He added with a strained smile and looked at both of them. A more genuine one replacing it, "I wanted give you a personal thanks, cause without this job couldn't make enough for rent and school. Besides wouldn't get to have fun around you all." It was all true, though might not be in the way they expected. I put down the cup full of mocha with cinnamon, sugar and whipped cream.

For the Dragon Lady, I placed a covered cup of her favorite, at least what I had seen her order before. She was a bit stand offish, but you know, what can you do. "So, I'm about to close up and head off, anything else you two need at all?"

Support and Comfort Shodan
2d6+3: 8 [2d6=4, 1]

Support and Comfort Vermillion!
2d6+3: 14 [2d6=6, 5]
Clearing Condition


Axe-man fucked around with this message at Mar 1, 2016 around 19:15

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Steranko Hall, Room 304

Now that...ugh, that was a train wreck. Sure we beat the bad guy, then the rest made us look like a bunch of rank amateurs.

Which...I suppose we are. Still don't have to act like it.

I'm too tired to really be pissed off. Maybe in the morning. I get back to the room and shuck off my costume and climb into bed.

But I can't sleep. Misfits and GEMM float in my head. It must mean something. It must, why can't I see it? Am I obsessing?

Morning comes. I'm up, I'm awake. I'm dragging a little. I start up the little electric kettle we're not supposed to have and head down the hall to shower. By the time I'm back the water's read, and I put tea in to steep while I throw on my jammies.

I'm careful not to make too much noise as I add some honey to my tea, drop into my desk chair and snap on my laptop. If I wake Gabi up after our early morning, I'll have to sleep with an eye open. Warm liquid soothes my throat and perks up my insides. I ponder last night as I stare out the window. The fight. The way the team worked....or didn't. My amazing shot. The way an eyeball bursts. Ugh. Do the big heroes get those images stuck in their head? There are other images I can keep in my head. Like...

My eyes dart open and I almost choke on my tea. "JEWELS!" I cry out.

poo poo, I probably just woke Gabi up.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Mar 1, 2016 around 20:15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Freak: 1| Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Steranko Hall, Room 304

Bluh? what the hell was that? Oh it's just Gwen. Sorry I'm conditioned when I hear a yell to come running since thats kind of the way Archangel trained me. Speaking of Archangel he woke me up at 3AM in the bloody morning! I'd only just drifted off to sleep when he came in through the window. Why he can't just knock on the door like a normal person I don't know. Either that or send me an e-mail or text message would do. He says it's too much risk of interception but I think there are times when he just likes to annoy and test me to see how I react. And for what "oh by the way one of your teammates is coughing up blood as a side effect of the alien tech that's grafted onto his body, get me a blood sample ok?" when I asked him how I was supposed to do that he just smiled one of those smug little smiles and suggested I figure it out myself. Which would be fine but 3am in the morning is not the best time for thinking.

I yawned and stretched there wasn't any explosions so whatever it was can wait. I stumbled to "life" like a zombie made by some third rate Frankenstein knock-off. "ugh stop yelling please." I sleepily complained as my eyes settled on Gwen's steaming hot mug. "At least pour me some of that and I'll stop inventing ways to kill you for waking me up." I half jokingly threatened.

Taking the mug from her I practically inhaled it rather than drank it and feeling something closer to human turned and said "now what's so important to be yelling about at this time of the day. "

  • Locked thread
«8 »