Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Valhalla? Do we have a good name for the base?

I'm about to speak when Jewels just lays it on the line. In a surprisingly supportive way. I'm actually so surprised that I just blink and open and close my mouth a few times.

"I..." I humph. "Good," I say. I look at Jewels, almost apologetically. We'd talked, but...nobody told Lovelace. I almost feel like I'm backing out on things, but at the same time, I do want this chance. I tell myself that explaining it all to Lovelace would take too long. We need to get what we need anyway.

"Make it happen," I insist. "We need each other," I say, reaching over and putting on a serious smile towards Lovelace. "None of us are doing this alone."

I look over to Fission and Jewels. "We need to gear up and get out there and help," I say. "We need to get out there."

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2016 around 02:26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

I almost wince when I see the effect I had on Lovelace, but I don't. Yeah, I was probably too harsh on her, but even so, that had to have been the most cowardly thing I've ever heard someone say. 'oh boo hoo my superiors will be upset I'm getting you the information you need to save a third of the united states waaah life is so hard for me'. Still, I relent slightly. "I'm saying you're acting like it. But we've only just met. Prove me wrong."

Once she's gone, I turn to Gwen and give her a smile, reaching out to take her hand and give it a squeeze. "Am I doing alright at following so far?"

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


Jewels


Jewels, your phone is ringing! And when you pick it up...

"...M-mary? It's me... Juliet... I-I don't have m-much... AHHHHH!"

Silence.

"...It's evil... pure evil... but he doesn't know I broke free temporarily... I... I saw you... I know you can help... you were always there for me... always protected me..." Heavy breathing is heard, as if she is fighting for focus. "...sister... the Misfits must be stopped... they are going to do it... they are going to Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

"...remember that place... where we hid the thing? Meet me there... I need to escape before the rest of the Gemm refuges do something they'll regret..."

...

...

...

...

...

...

"...Mary... this is deep. Trust no one from the government... no one. Meet me. Please. I need you..."

And the line is cut.

What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

...

I stand there frozen for what feels like hours, but might not have even been a minute. The only thing about me moving is my heart, beating so hard and fast it feels about to burst. It can't be her. It wasn't. She's dead. Juliet died. She died. And if she wasn't, somehow, how would she have gotten my number? To call me? But anyway. She's dead. It was someone else. Pretending. Faking her voice. Yeah. Yeah.

...

But what if it wasn't?

"I..." Slowly, slowly, I lower my phone from my head. "I need Warp. And Shodan or Avatar." Where we hid the thing. Where we hid the thing... God, I can't remember so many things. I put a hand to my forehead, pressing hard, eyes closed, bringing up an image of Juliet's face. We hid something. Hiding something. Me and her. Back home. Images start to form, and slip away. So many images, a lifetime of memories. Hid. Hid. Hid. We hid it... we hid it... "Behind the old school!" That was it! The old school building, covered in ivy, we buried it in a box, under a broken window.

I glance around awkwardly, realizing I just shouted, and they probably have no idea what's going on. "One of the people who kidnapped Doring contacted me. They said they were..." I trail off for a moment, then glance at Gwen and mouth 'my sister'. She's the only one who knows. "It's probably a trap, but we should check it out anyway, shouldn't we?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

What the gently caress, lady??? Way to have absolutely no situational awareness. I've got two choices here. One's to just barrel into them and chalk it up to collateral damage / Darwin Awards material. They're totally in the way, and I literally did all I could to warn people - it won't be my fault, basically. When I hit them, and...

OK, onto my second choice, since it's the only real one. Time to potentially sacrifice hundreds of hours of my loving work and the thing I'm proudest of to protect some idiots that literally couldn't build the Ragnarok, or any of my simple gadgets, if you gave them a billion years. Sigh and double sigh.

"BUCKLE UP!" I announce to... well, basically nobody. Avatar's doing her own thing, VD's in the bay being useless as can be, and Sylphid just got bodyslammed and there's nothing I can do but hope she's alright. Doubly ironic since I, in fact, am not strapped into anything right now - little too used to not needing controls to pilot this thing, so I'm just standing in the midst of the cockpit, using my fingers and mind to move the Ragnarok like I've been conducting a symphony. It is, potentially, time for the crescendo here.

This thing has a fuckload of boosters on it - I designed it to be as fast as can be, because I'm not used to people being able to keep up with me when I'm focused on something. It's time to put them to good use. We're low to the ground, but I'm really good at this poo poo and I built my ship from scratch - time to save these people, my ship, and I guess the first if I have to pick.

<Rauri> Unleash Ragnarok's Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3 + 3 = 6
<Rauri> :x
<ShootaBoy> womp
<ShootaBoy> krysm giveth and krysm taketh
<Rauri> k, someone spend team or I wipe out a minivan with mom + kids in it
If I get a team, temporarily boosting to avoid them. If not, well, we'll see what happens.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Making Boiled Chicken


Sylphid crashed through a good three floors, breaking through somebody's living room (She caught a glimpse of somebody watching TV as she fell down), some kid's bed (thankfully unoccupied) before finally being stopped - by a dinner table, which got flattened by the impact. While the fact that this somehow didn't break Sylphid is somewhat confusing, she had bigger things to worry about.

Like, oh, the angry dragon that just punched her through said three floors. And, uh, the elderly couple that's edging closer to her prone self in a concerned fashion.

"Run!" she barely manages to yell at them before having to jump up because of the world's nastiest dropkick. Well, uh, at least these two are safe... because he kind of dropped another floor down.

Jumping after him, there's an entire family sitting at the dinner table, eating. Which is exactly when the enter the floor via dynamic entry. Oh crud, that's even worse!

"Go! It's not safe!" she yells out, getting between the civilians and the angry dragonman.



Defending Civilians: 2d6+3 10. Clearing Hopeless.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Embedded In Ground'

Things were going to hell, and I needed to move. To go, to free myself from this, to do what I must do, and fight alongside my team. It was clear Avatar could not or would not help in this battle, Shodan was doing the best she could, and Sylphid was trying to distract him, but they couldn't keep him off this ship forever. It was hard, forcing myself to leave this, it felt so nice to be able to see like this, to be able to feel so safe, so secure, so knowledgeable. But I needed to do more for my team, this was my fault that they were under attack, and help though I may, I couldn't really fight in here, like this. And that's what I was needed for, to fight, to beat a bad guy.

Breaking out was easier than one would expect, the egg shattered around me like any egg shatters around anyone. And... covered in slime. Of course I would be covered in slime. Gross. Ew... eww. "Eeeeeuuuucck." Okay, I needed a shower, a nice long shower, but first I had to find my way out of this ship. Right. Cargo bay... way to make me feel so welcome, you guys. I can see the controls though... and considering that it was either break through the ship, or open the cargo bay, I figured Miracle would be fine with me blowing up... whatever these machines around the egg was. And if she wasn't... oh well - my hand was already on the button, and the bay doors already opening, as I unfurled my gross and goopy wings.

At least the rain and wind helped wash off some of the goop. I had a few options for what to do - I mean, I could probably just tackle my 'brother', but... really, what is the point of having flash if you don't use it. So as I crash my way into the building that he's in, with a roaring shout of, "Brother!!!" I pointed my claws of my right arm to him... and let lightning strike, flying through windows, through holes, through anything it could to hit him. I want him to knows me that's doing it, that I am forcing those lightning bolts to hit him, that I am controlling this situation - and keep his eyes on me. More than that though, I need to keep his eyes off Miracle for a moment, and her ship - my other hand pointed back towards the ship, channeling the same wind I channeled for Sylphids, to try and give her that lift she needed.

Spending Team to help Shodan AND Directly Engage
12:55 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
12:55 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9+2 = 11
• create an opportunity for your allies
• impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2016 around 22:53

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Valhalla? Do we have a good name for the base?

"Good," I tell Jewels with a faint smile and a little nod. Is she waiting for me to fail, or just buttering me up to get....

Jewels answers her phone. Part of me wants to be annoyed, but another part...I get it. I fiddle with my own, debating if I should call my family, tell them to get out of town. Could they? No, he'd probably enjoy killing them just to make an example of them. If he's not going to already, because they're my family and....my stomach's knotting with a cold hand around it.

I can't hear the conversation. Jewels looks stricken, intense, and I cross my arms. Impatient. I'm about to remind her about the city and the madnman in whose clutches it rests when she gives me the tip. I look over to Fission. I can trust him, right? Can Jewels? That's her decision, not mine, so...

"Alright," I says, clapping my hands together and doing my best camp counselor. "Everybody gear up, we'll meet on the roof in ten!" Without Lovelace, when Jewels can decide to fill Fission in and she can tell us what the heck is going on.

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


=Team One=

Dragon & Sylphid

Image posted:

The panel shows Dragon, lightning straking from her claws, flying towards her brother, of which the lightening strikes. It shows the lightning arcing all over his body. The next panel shows his body growing, as people are rushing behind Sylphid who stands her ground, the family is screaming for help as debris rains down all around them...

“...oh my god! You're Sylphid! I remember you from TV!”

An older woman, who you have to assume is the mother of this family rushes 'towards' you instead of away!

“What is wrong with you people!? Do you destroy everything you touch! Aren't you supposed to be 'preventing' this from happening!? You're a heroine! You can do better than this!”

Sylphid, this woman is obviously upset, and can you blame her? Her dining room is in shambles, her apartment space isn't that far off and her family is terrified. As her husband drags her away, she is screaming at you. “You're a hero, damnit! You're a hero!”

...could you have done more to prevent this? Do you agree with her? If you don't reject her views in someway, +1 Savior, -1 Superior. If you reject, What do you do or say in response to her to show that you are not as perfect as she expects you to be?

And remember, you are already at +3 Savior, so no rejection equals a condition.

Anywho, Dragon's attack continues to wreck the structural integrity of the building. More debris is falling. Outside in the halls, you hear people screaming as they use emergency stairwells to rush out. Apparently there is a logjam at the stairs... if there was, somehow, an alternate route they could take, the evacuation can go a bit faster. Any ideas, Sylphid? Further outside, you hear sirens in the distance. Police? Perhaps the fire department as well. That's good news.

However, your thoughts are interrupted quite rudely. The dragonman, after getting struck by Lightning, begins to grow in mass, his body weight causing the floor beneath him to strain and groan in resistance. A feral growl emanates from him as he launches himself towards...

...you, Vermillion. Was there any doubt? Kanoa's hatred towards you was never really in doubt. Blasting him with lightning was like placing sugar infront of an ant.

His speed, especially seeing how large he was (good lord, what has he been eating!?), is surprising! And he hits you with a force that you haven't felt in years. And mind you, you were flying 'towards' him! Momentum was on your side and now the two of you are flying backwards and into yet another building! And yes, people are inside this one as well. Describe what this building is and the people who will inevitably need help!

“...you think you're so special! You always think you're so special!” He begins to slam fists the size of country hams onto your face! The impact each one sends causes the floor beneath you to crack! “I am worthy of my father's legacy! Not you, me! I will ascend! I will be the next Celestial Dragon! Not you! Me! Me, better! Me, stronger! You, weaker! Kanoa win dad's love!”

...the next Celestial Dragon? Any ideas to what the heck he is talking about, Vermillion?

And wow... did his speech pattern just change?

Regardless, take a powerful blow, then tell me what do you do?

Shodan

Crud! Which will you save!?

The Ragnarok?

The Mini van?

Oh silly me, I forgot... you're Shodan! You save both! Duh.

Okay, Dragon helped you, but you didn't see it, so it doesn't count, it was all your piloting prowess.

So describe your landing. And more importantly, what do you do now?

=Team Two=

image posted:

A full page splash panel, showing the Valkyrie Jet making a roundabout approach to the old school building...

Piloted by Outstrider, Bravura you, Warp, Jewels and Fission are now just arriving by Jet to the meetup site... the old school building. Both Warp and Outstrider are oblivious that the two of you sneaked off without telling Ms. Lovelace.

So, Bravura, tell me about the arsenal you're carrying here. I know that Shodan haven't had time to give you new goodies, but did 'you' come up with new stuff?

...anyway, it's your show. Time to lay down the objectives to your team and lead. How do you do that?

Jewels, considering that you are the most familiar to the area, you may want to clue in Bravura about the immediate area. Anyplace of tactical importance that she should watch out for? Landing spot? Place of concealment?

And of course, the most important information for the three of you, as Outstrider is awaiting orders for landing the jet... What do each of you do?

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2016 around 00:20

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: War Room -> Roof

I just nodded, the information was washing over me, but mostly I was feeling like didn't really exist and instead was watching from outside of my body. Everything seemed to go around me, but nothing about me, it wasn't until Gwen scrounged up her face as she looked at me, that I realized that I wasn't reacting at all. I gave a quick nod and a wordless stare as I got to my feet. The appearance of me wasn't something of note after, all a deep sense of emptiness had seemed to surge through me as the darkness had gotten stronger. Perhaps, I would even fade away from reality and no one would even realize that I had been there.

That was the crux, I decided was to will myself into existence and keep myself from sliding into the darkness that seemed to creep from the void where I should be. Maybe, it was my death starting to slowly edge toward me, and whatever power that was keeping me together and not into an atomized paste.

"We need to get out there to mitigate the damage." I said finally, "The half of the team there are the ones that have been most destructive." I said in my new brassy robotic voice looking at the other two.

"I'm not sure what I can do against a flyer though." I said reasonably to the other two.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Embedded In Ground'


17:28 KittyEmpress !r 2d6
17:28 JennerCELL Some anime is good.
17:28 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 4 = 4
17:28 KittyEmpress vermillion is the best at taking blows


My plan works, and my brother turns to barrel into me, still charged with lightning. We both start fighting, but he's easy to block - I mean he's strong, I can feel it, probably stronger than me, stronger than Jewels, but he just keeps hitting my arms as I block him, like he doesn't understand how unbreakable our scales actually are. Maybe his aren't as strong, or maybe he's just that dumb - either way, he's pushing me back, but not actually doing anyhting besides... well, putting me into the wall of another house. Okay, that's really, really annoying, I cannot be responsible for a bunch of cute little kids freaking out and panicking and their poor baby sitter. For once, I'm against someone as strong as I am, so I don't need to hold back. With a solid Palm strike, I plan to send him flying back high into the air.

I honestly don't even know what he's shouting about, about me being special - I'd never met him, I mean, my mother had fought him, but I don't recall ever seeing him before in my life. I don't even know what he's shouting about, or why he hates me so much, if that idiot who has to call himself Hades wants to groom some successor like it sounds like, then my brother can have that title, I don't want to be some Celestial Dragon, I just want to keep people from getting hurt, and save lives with what I've become, so I tell him just that, "I don't want to be a Celestial Dragon or whatever! I don't care about what he thinks I should be! Go back to him and tell him I said I didn't want it, and you can be happy! But if you keep trying to hurt people, I will beat you both down!"

Punching This Jerk Out Of Here
21:10 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
21:10 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 11+2 = 13
21:10 KittyEmpress lmao
21:10 KittyEmpress I think I broke krysmbot TheJoshie
Gonna resist his next blows, and take away his (ability to threaten civilians)

And a provoke for good luck
22:25 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
22:25 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8-1 = 7
Want him to give up, go home, and tell Kaehi that she wants nothing to do with him.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Old School

Geared up, ready to go, I hustle the roof. My costume feels good, not too heavy to move just heavy enough to protect, and give me some comfort. Won't protect me from everything, I know, but....might keep me going a bit longer.

"I've got a trick for that," I say. I pull pause and kneel, swinging off my quiver and pulling out something special. It's a long, heavier than normal shaft, with two prongs at the end where the arrow head should be "I hope we got this weighted right. Hadn't even had a chance to test it. Should deliver a nice shock to anybody it hits, enough to knock a flyer down out of the sky. If it works," I add with a heavy breath. "We were going to try it in the training room. Guess no test like a field test." I slide the shock arrow back in, the bright blue vanes standing out among all the other white ones.

--- In the Jet ---

"Warp, can you get us down to the surface? Then you," I tap Outstrider's shoulder, "Can stay in the air and give us some extra eyes and sensors?" I pause. Are we lucky enough to have weapons on this thing? That's...probably too much to hope for, and really, I don't want it to come to that. We're going to go and pick up that box and get out. "Jewels?" I ask. "Broken window behind the school doesn't seem to narrow it down. You recognize any features from here?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Frankly, the amount I can remember about this school is pitifully small to the point where I might as well not remember anything. But I convey everything I can remember, the rough layout of buildings, the fact that the back section -where we'll be going- is covered in trees, and the small building that used to a bell tower in the center. The ideal place for a sniper, ours or theirs. Once I've told Gwen, I fall back into silence, brooding on this. It's so bound to be a trap, but I can't stand not knowing... And we snuck out... If Lovelace is angry, I'll claim I did it, and forced Gwen to come along, so she won't lose her team leader spot because she trusted me.

When we arrive, I move over to one of the observation windows and look. Despite my bad memory, it doesn't take long to spot. "About there is what we want." I point to the wall of the building. You can see the ivy overgrowing it even from up here, and the half fallen tree from my memory is right there. I let out a tense breath, then step back towards the others. "Alright, lets do this." I'm going to see my sister. It's a trap. A trap. But I might be about to see my sister.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

So yeah, I make the landing. Nobody dies, my ship doesn't get trashed, and that leaves me... where, exactly? Since the highway runs right past the Institute, I've managed to land inside the walls - had to crash through the gate to do it, and messed up a few of the flowerbeds (and a statue of Ms. Doring) along the way. But more specifically I'm picking myself up off the floor of my ship, looking rather annoyed for a whole host of reasons.

Sylphid's missing, and the ship's going to need a bit to recharge before I can use it again - I'm better off leaving it here for now, but I don't want to. I built it by hand, and I swear it's as if the universe wants to destroy it. Also, VD's missing, along with tons of the gear I had stored in the bay. It seems she decided to repay me carting her around by wrecking dozens of hours of time and effort, which sounds characteristic of my teammates. Also, and this is totally minor compared to the others, but... what the hell is the rest of the team doing? I gave a cool rousing speech, and no one cares?! No one contacts me?!

Guess that's why I just sit in the cockpit of my powered down ship for a second, running through variables and everything that's going on, tapping my finger against my temple as I let my amazing brain work. Think I'm safe for a second, and I'd like to have a plan that isn't just us panicking - and once I do, I'm going to, I dunno, Assume Direct Control and broadcast it to the rest of the Valks.

<Rauri> Assess the Valk's Situation
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6 + 3 = 9
How could I best infuriate or provoke Kaehi? What here is in the greatest danger?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Jet

"Understood, that will help out, for the ones of us that can't fly." I said giving an unblinking stare toward Jewels for a moment. I hesitate to say anything, and it seems silly, these are real people that know what they are doing and they can't understand the fractal nature of my existence nor the missing gaps in my reality that have torn me apart. Thankfully, my mask once again is my savior as even my eyes are blocked by the two eye pieces. That is something at least that I can be very thankful for, and maybe the only salvation that I have left to look for.

"I have to warn you that, I've been getting... weaker, lately." There is an audible click on my speaker as I try to figure out to say it, "The dark one is getting stronger I think, and I think that they are close, it is kind of a weird yin and yang thing. The stronger they are, the weaker I am." I wasn't sure how to fully explain it, but that would have to do, what would they think of by weaker that I could feel the only thing that was holding me together in this reality away.

"Either way, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up." If I could smile at this moment, I would have forced one. Once again another thing the mask saved me from.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: Making Boiled Chicken

Sylphid turned her attention away from the dragonman to answer the woman "Yes, I am! I'm working on it, dammit! I'm a hero, not omnipotent!" she yells at her as the man drags her off. Thankfully, Dragon was there to keep his attention. As she dashes to assist her, two things happen...

First, she realized she felt much... lighter. Like the power of the wind was suddenly at her fingertips... Experimentally, she attempted pushing it out.

Wait, what? She... just caused an air blast. Even better, she could actually fly! Did the shock from being punched through a house awaken some latent powers? Sylphid pondered as she looked at her hands, idly.

And that's when the building started rumbling ominously. Oh yeah, there's two angry dragonpeople duking it out. She's got to get those civilians out of there!

And with the power of the wind at her fingertips... it's only a few flight trips away.

"I'm going to evacuate the civilians!" she yells after Dragon as she quickly disappears out of view.





Reject Influence (Stupid Civvie): 2d6 6 Welp. Marking Angry...

Never give up, never surrender: 2d6+3 15 you rally from the hit, and it inspires the team; add 1 Team to the pool

Unleashing your Powers: 2d6 10. Going to remove the civilians from the crumbling building.

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


==Team One==

Vermillion Dragon

Well, someone knocked one out of the park!

So, as you watch Kanoa soar into the next zip code (actually, he lands into and through a construction project across the street, more on that later), you feel something soft and wet splatter against your cheek.

...a tomato? Really? Someone threw a tomato at you? What is this, a Bugs bunny cartoo-

KRACK!

...a brick. That's more like it.


ANYWAY, yeah, there is now a mob of people throwing random objects at you! There are even police officers who are pointing their guns at you as well. Through all of this excitement, you forget that you aren't exactly a super model when it comes to looks. Quite the opposite in fact. Welcome back to reality, Lisa.

Either way, they don't waste time talking, either because they are terrified of you or they just don't plain like you. Possibly both. And can you blame them? You have to admit that to the outside person, you look like a freaking living gargoyle. Subject of bedtime tales designed to scare kids into doing the right things.

But yeah, don't just stand there... you need to do something...

And did I mention the TV cameras? Whatever you do is going to be broadcasted... so choose wisely!


Sylphid

The building is dust! Fortunately, no one is inside to suffer from it!

And now... now your ears are ringing as the crowd cheers you, chanting your name! Holy freaking God, you weren't expecting this! They pat you on the back, hug you, shake your hand... and now you have a new fight on your hands: handling the newely found admiration!

...well, near the back of the crowd is the woman who shouted at you earlier. There's a scowl on her face and you have a very sneaking suspicion that this could become a bee in your bonnet later.

A boom catches your attention and you turn in time to see that Dragon man climbing out of rubble from a nearby construction yard! Apparently, his date with Vermillion didn't go so well. You watch in horror as he stands up, lifts up a near by bulldozer (oh dear... he was definitely NOT that huge the last time you saw him), and hoists it at the closest person he sees... you.

The people hunker away and behind you, putting themselves out of immediate danger... but if you dodge this trailer (which you can do easily), someone could still get hurt from it's landing. You have to somehow stop it directly or indirectly. How? What do you do?

Shodan

Shodan, you need to take things in steps. And step one in provoking a leader of a terrorist organization is to get his attention. The only lead you have is that he just made a pirate broadcast. Something like that would require power, a good antenna, and the range to at least broadcast to Washington so that the government that he was making demands to could hear it...

So where in Halcyon City meet all three criteria?

As to the greatest danger? Avatar is down. You're not sure if it was the impact, the landing, or somewhere in between, but Avatar is down and she is not moving. What do you do?

==Team Two==

Jewels

So... everyone is in position (more on that in a second) and you make it to the 'place'. Describe why it's so exposed and wide open?

In front of you is a woman. A woman squating on the ground, knees to her chest. she is rocking back and forth with a tense agitation before speaking. "...I need to be upfront, Mary. You can't trust me. I'm Juliet, but I'm also not Juliet. My powers listen to me... but sometimes my powers refuse."

She looks up at you. "They will come after me. Misfits. Government. If... if you help me, you will become a fugitive along with me..."

She lowers her head onto her knees. "...it used to be about freedom, someone within the government has restarted GEMM under a new moniker that we don't know about and we wanted to strike out at them... but I can't go along with this! He wants to destroy everything... and Kaehi is willing to kill innocents so that the Metahumans can rule... and I have done terrible things... unforgivable things... and... I... I didn't want your help... I didn't want to drag you into this mess... but I don't know where else to turn..."

She starts to sob heavily. "...my mind is in pieces... tearing apart... burning... all I see and feel are ashes... please... help me..."

Jewels... your sister looks to be a wreck, right now. What do you do?

Bravura

Well, first off, Both Outstrider and Warp are in position. Describe those 'positions'. And on that note, describe your vantage point.

Anyway...

"Bravura, Outstrider. The jet picked up something... not sure if it was a ghost in the machine, because I can't see it on radar anymore... but it was somesort of high atmoshpheric flying object. Some sort of jet or something... I'm attempting further scans and a flyover, but you all may want to scan the skies above you, just in case... Outstrider, out!"

"...Bravura, I don't like this... we're too exposed." Warp says over the comms.

Well, Bravura? What's your call here? Jewels is the most exposed of all. She's right out in the open with no cover from a sky assault. What's your call, team leader?

Fission

...you sense something... something you haven't felt for a long time.

_His_ presence. Darkness is around here somewhere. But he is on to you, he IS you, after all, Ismail. Hiding is his specialty.

If you look for it, you're going to expose your self and potentially give away your team's position to whomever may be out there... but you can't afford to let Darkness get away, can you?

What do you do!?

thejoshie fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2016 around 18:17

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Embedded In Ground'

Is it annoying to be taken out of a fight I'm winning, where I'm successfully keeping everyone safe and keeping attention on me by some idiots with more fear than sense? Yeah, it is. Does it hurt that even after being active as a hero for a bit, everyone still reacts like I'm just some monster? Yeah, it does. Do I find these people to be incredibly stupid, because if they had tried to do this with my brother, he would have probably just killed them all without a thought? Yeah, basically. Do I think it's hilarious that I just gave a speech on how I was going to protect these people, and they all conveniently ignored it so they could start throwing things at me, and act like assholes? Not really, it's more sad than funny, and it makes it completely understandable why the Misfits and Cerberus in general have such an easy time recruiting people who hate humanity.

"So is every single one of you unable to watch TV or listen to a radio? Because I'm pretty sure a massive organization that I am fighting against just announced that it was going to kill tons of people just like you, because of how you people treat others like freaks and weirdos. So what do you do? You go out into the streets and start treating people like freaks and weirdos, like that's going to do anything besides prove their point. You know that guy you just watched me punch thousands of feet? He's part of that organization, and if he was standing here instead of me, he'd be hurting you people, you wouldn't get a tomorrow. And instead of being thankful that I just kept someone who thinks of you as less than dirt away from you, because I value your lives what do you do? You attack someone you don't even know, for no reason other than your own bigoted natures. Would you like me to leave, to let the real monsters come out and show you guys what they think you are worth? How about I hang up my heroing life style and go just let things play out on their own? Because all you're doing right now is trying to prove you aren't worth risking my life over, and driving off someone who wants to save you."

Provoking, using my forward from Team, What Team from helping Shodan not crash earlier.
12:20 KittyEmpress !r 2d6
12:20 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7 = 7
Wanna provoke them into feeling like they're lovely bigots lmao

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2016 around 19:45

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, | Location: Signing Autographs

'Woah Woah woah hold on. People praising me? I'm not prepared for this. Not at all. Uhh, please stop hugging me there's an angry dragon man... Actually, never mind. keep hugging. This feels great. But, uh... not that tight please seriouslyIcan'tbreathe' Sylphid thinks to herself, a little bit in her own world right now.

Of course, there's that woman again. Ugh. Here to ruin her good mood, probably? Ah, whatever. Not like it matter---

Crash.

Oh. Oh dear. Sylphid thought Dragon dealt with him. 'Wait, what's he doing with that...-- He's doing it. He's throwing a goddamn bulldozer at me what do I do with all these civilians...'

Oh dear heavens Sylphid sure hoped her most recent dumb idea worked. She raised her hands and compressed the air around her, creating a ball of it, launching it against the incoming projectile bulldozer. If it works and stops the drat thing in its track (likely smashing it against the wall or right back at him), great. If not... Well, either Sylphid or some civilians are gonna be pancakes. And, well... yeaah...

Sylphid's too much of a goody-two-shoes to let that happen.



Defending the best civilians: 2d6+3 8 Clearing Angry.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: On the ground in position

"This is bad, he is on to me, I am going to uncover all of your plans. I am going to have to make myself scarce. A diversion!" I said to Bravura and Jewels and started running off to the left, this time very noisily and loudly as soon as I was out of the planned area. I hopped over several trash cans tripping them over. I start looking left and right before I could get out of range of our ear buds. I look around and try to find something, anything in the area to use as a trump card against the real enemy. Wherever the Darkness was, it only made sense that I got Jewel to save her sister so we can get out of here.

"Still in talking range, I'm going to try to draw off some of them to make sure you can get Jewel's sister safe." I said, the synthesizer not able to distort the fear in my voice fully. My following coat was whipping in the wind as I tried to use my brain to get myself out of this situation.

Protecting everyone by creating a distraction out of the area!
2d6+3: 11 [2d6=2, 6]
Adding team to the pool!

Assessing the Situation
2d6-1: 8 [2d6=5, 4]
What here can I use to distract or force the Darkness to engage me, and allow the others to work?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

OK, so he is or was at the Observatory. Located near the very outskirts of town, it's near certain that he just took one of the transmitters there and used it terrestrially instead of broadcasting signals into space to make contact with alien civilizations. Which is... OK, I may not to seem to give a poo poo about a whole lot, but I love science SO much. Hell, my brain's basically mutated to collect reliable data for me - it's like a Genius shortcut, sure, but it's all been in service of me improving my understanding of the universe (and one-upping myself). And this terrorist rear end in a top hat is not only attacking the city and insulting us, but he just interfered with some super awesome science. Yeah, this just became personal - and I know where he is.

Not that that matters at the moment. Avatar got hurt somehow, which is scary - she's a billion times tougher than me, so something has to be wrong! The second I notice her I scramble out of my seat, kneeling down at her side, hands scrambling towards pocketed gadgets as I observe her symptoms.

Activating my telepathic link to the ship, I'm not playing around anymore. Several arms extend out of the wall to play nurse and hold gear for me, and that's not all. Utilizing every connection I can again, I broadcast all over the Valk's base, determined that someone actually loving answer me this time. "This is Shodan - where the hell are my teammates?! I made a semi-crash landing right near the front gate. If you can hear this come quick, Avatar needs help!"

While I've been frantically issuing orders to the lesser students I've been as urgently looking her over for symptoms. There has to be something I can do - her tech's advanced, sure, but this is an emergency and I might need an act of genius to help her. Thank Science we're in my ship, since I'm totally in control here. "C'mon Avatar you'd better not be too hurt - you're one of the only ones on the team I actually like!"

<Rauri> Unleash Powers to diagnose and help Avatar
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7 + 3 = 10
Noting that Angry clears at the end of the scene since I totally shot that dumb dragon up~

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2016 around 07:24

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

So, this place is basically the worst of all possible worlds as far as tactical positioning goes. The area right next to the school building is clear, no trees or plants or anything, but the school building itself provides cover for anyone watching, the woods are thick up until they hit the still cleared area, where any number of people could be hiding and watching, without me being able to see. Not that that is going to stop me.

Not when that’s my sister there, crying, begging me for help. Not even if it was someone pretending to be my sister. We’ll be able to find out the truth of all this later. Even if this is a plant, I’m taking her back. Juliet is the only thing that kept me safe, that protected me. So now it’s my turn to protect her. And I have a solution to her problems, I think.

I close the gap between us, wrapping my sister up tightly in my arms. “Don’t worry Juliet, Don’t worry. I’m here for you now, I won’t let anything happen to you.” I rock her silently for a moment. “Come back with me, we’ll keep you safe, and I know someone who can help.” The only person. “Lets go.”

<godfish> comfort Juliet
<godfish> (this is gonna bomb so hard)
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 8-1 = 7
<godfish> :O
<godfish> :OOOO
<godfish> :OOOOOOOO

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Old School

I try to put on a supportive look, a slight smile, friendly but still confident, not too gleeful or anything. I pat Fission's shoulder. "We're a team. We'll watch out for you."

Warp grabs me and I VWORP out onto a rooftop. A little wave and then Warp's back to the plane. Keeping Outstrider and Warp together will let Warp deploy quickly if we need her to, and be an escape route for Outstrider, if things go really crazy. It's going to come to that...is it?

I watch the little black speck circle the area. They'll keep a watch for us from the outside. I put a foot up on the ledge to boost myself, and lean over, looking down at Jewels. Jewels and a girl. From a distance they look very similar, so....

My stomach twists as the girl leans into Jewels, sobbing, it seems.

Which is, at least, better than the stabbing in my heart when Outstrider radios in. poo poo. What could it be? Other supers? Helicopter loaded with soldiers? Ready as we are, I'm not eager to find out.

"Outstrider! Try to get a lock on whatever it is so we know what to expect!" "Jewels? Time to go. Fission, can you meet up with Jewels around the...northeastern corner? Warp can drop in and grab you all there." I hope Warp can carry three people at once. "I'll keep a watch until you're all ready to go." I pull out an arrow and hold it loosely against my bow. Draw when I'm ready - I can't hold it very long, I'm not in the movies - and my eyes dart around, looking for anything coming in Outstrider may have missed.

<Platonicsolid> Assessing the skies
<Platonicsolid> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Platonicsolid, 7+1 = 8
I think this is the "What here is the biggest threat" is the right interpretation here. Gwen's looking for anything approaching that could be dangerous.

thejoshie
May 2, 2013


==Team 2==

Bravura, Fission & Jewels

Image posted:

The panel shows 'something' approaching the meeting sight from the pov of the intruder. Next panel shows the same view, but an image is seen to the left of it: Target acquired. Capture mode intitiated. This reveals that this view point is a HUD and that the intruder is possibly a robot...

Bravura, the greatest threat is literally screaming down at you... or it 'should' be screaming down at you, but it is defying all physics and science by not making a sound until it flies over you, then above Jewels. It looks like a giant...

...Gundam?

"Oh my God, is that a Gundam!?" You hear Warp screech in your ear. Ow. She needs to drop her mic level down. "That thing is only showing up as glimpses on the Radar... some sort of jamming...""

Bravura, you see this giant robot open it's chest cavity, dropping some sort of payload...



...that payload being a bunch of these things.... They will be surrounding Jewels and the girl soon, but since you saw this coming, along with your good vantage point, you got first strike. You may want to warn Jewels so that she can prepare to defend herself. After that... what do you do?

And yes, Fission and Jewels, that goes for each of you as well!

By the way, Fission, some of these machines begin tracking 'you', which will provide Jewels more time to react. Smart thinking with that distraction.

However, what could draw Darkness to you? Maybe if he actually knew you were here. No, not you as Fission. You as Ismail. We both know how much Darkness hates Ismail.

==Team 1==

Shodan

As you look her over, a crowd of lesser students have gathered outside your ship! A few of them and some teachers peer inside the now open cargo bay! What orders do you issue them to help you out?

And you recognize some of them, right? Tell me about them.

Anywho, Lovelace shoves her way inside and freezes with a hand over her mouth at the scene, before placing a finger on her earpiece. :Warp! Go to the Medbay and teleport Dr. Louis to the front gate!"

Lovelace pauses. "...Warp? Warp, where are you!? Damnit, someone go find Dr. Louis!"

Lovelace kneels, next to you, Shodan, her eyes getting slightly misty, possibly from tears. "... this... what happened!?"

Her question needs an answer, doesn't it, and your diagnosis is that the Myriad struck at the worst possible time, it seems. The tiny organisms somehow were boosted by your own ship's system and used it as an anchor to strike her nervous system.

She's alive, but in a coma.

...of course, my description was boring, wasn't it? A genius like you can make it sound medically dramatic, especially since you're the techhead, not me.

Oh... and what do you do now?

Sylphid

Good... no, great catch! The Bulldozer does split and the two pieces crashes to the sides of you, but not before the civilians manges to scramble away and you are no worse for wear.

Of course, the Dragonman is now dragging his foot across the ground, his wing flexing, before he leaps to wards you, ready to engage again! What do you do?

Vermillion

Well... THAT shut them up! They stand there, silent, some even drop their objects from their hands. Was it fear? Realization? Regardless, the annoyingly pointless hate has ceased and now you've got their undivided attention!

By the way, do you recognize anyone in the crowd? Just curious, is all.

So do you leave? Talk some more sense into the crowd? What do you do?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008




Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +1 | Mundane +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Old School

Crap crap crap crap crap! The hell is that? It's huge, so it's clearly not good. Giant robots are never good - no, seeing this one makes a tingle go up my spine and my stomach knot up.

"Warp, christ!" I snap. "poo poo, it's on us. Jewels, you might have to fight them off until Warp gets you. I see...maybe a half dozen? Not sure if they're robots or humans. WARP! GRAB THEM!" I scream, my voice wavering and my energy getting beyond me. I'm starting to feel tense, swallowing hard.

And here I am so what can I do? I pull my bow back and take an aim at that opening chest cavity. I take aim at the shiniest thing there. Maybe it's a relay or something and I'll get lucky. If nothing else, I'll draw attention.

Whomp Whomp. Marking potential.
<Platonicsolid> Shot on the Gundam
<Platonicsolid> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Platonicsolid, 5-1 = 4

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

Of course dozens of people scramble to check out my ship - though I hate to admit that a lot of it is probably due to the whole crash landing on the front lawn thing, as opposed to it being an amazing ship. There's a couple teachers mixed in, but it's mostly the B and C and D team students that are probably hoping for a glimpse of inspiration of the astounding genius the Ragnarok represents... but instead they get to see me with my arms crossed, motioning my head towards Avatar's collapsed form. She's on her seat, which I've detached from the floor and laid back - all the chairs in here double as strechers, for reasons that at the moment should be all too obvious.

"Ampere, need you to zap her - just a bit, thinking a couple amps to restart and debug critical systems, but avoid purely biological areas like her loving brain OK?" Ampere's irritating, and not just because she's got a horribly thick french accent and a terribly flashy costume. She's got a pretty advanced set of your standard Lightning powers - the problem that kept her off the main team is she's basically incontinent with them, so lots of her mildly tasing people when she gets too excited. Really need her to not do that now. Looking towards the next person that needs special instruction, I spot Majesty - another B-teamer, flying brick plus energy beams, and basically as Cheerleader Princess Valley Girl as you can get. No idea what kept her off the main team, but she's got the powerset I need now. "Sylphid and Vermillion were fighting someone out front, make sure everything's OK with them - just look for the devastation, shouldn't be loving hard to find them."

Lovelace is looking sad as can be when she walks in, and by my estimates, only partially due to Avatar's condition - which has me worried too, don't get me wrong. "Basically, the nanomachines augmented their capabilities by utilizing my ship's reactor core to boost their ambient energy, allowing greater control over her physiological functions - though their software must've bugged out, since sending their host into cardiac goddamn arrest couldn't have been the plan." I take a step closer to Lovelace, mentally debate the hell out of what I'm thinking of doing, and then do it anyways. I put a hand on Lovelace's shoulder, as if I'm trying to be supportive, since I actually am for once.

"She'll be fine - Ampere's electrical charge will reboot things, and they'll probably go into a diagnostic mode as part of that, which means they'll get on fixing what they hosed up." Still not sure if that's enough, I sort of side-hug her, then glance up to see if that had the impact I was going for. "There, there... or something, I dunno, I'm poo poo at this."

<Rauri> Comfort Lovelace
<Rauri> !r 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9 + 0 = 9


Stepping away from her, clearly having made myself uncomfortable, I gesture like we should walk out of my ship for some reason all of a sudden. "Erm, more important stuff. Where's Jewels and Bravura? We need to all link up so we can go after the Misfits and fast, but my ship's out of commission until its recharged. Got anyone that can link me up with the others, or should I head to my new lab and whip up whatever countermeasures I have time to make while I wait on them taking terrorists nuking a hundred million people seriously?" She's gotta know what's going on - 'cuz if she doesn't, I'm feeling increasingly hosed here.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Alerted to the incoming... giant robot... by Bravura's call, I look up, staring at it as it rains down uh... smaller robots. I knew this was a trap. Okay, lets see. Can wait for Warp to pull us out, but that risks the smaller ones having a chance to hurt Juliet. I could attack them, same problem, attack the big robot, leaves her really open to the smaller ones... Ah, of course. I keep one arm tight around her, still looking up at the flying robot. "Hold tight Sis." I glance down to give her a warm, broad smile, then I kick off the ground, one arm out stretched to punch through the giant robot as I rocket upwards, propelled by my kick and aimed to intercept exactly where I planned, so the pair of us go smashing through it's head. Or rather the space where its head was, as that bit goes flying off.

<godfish> directly engage giant robot
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8
taking away its head - hopefully the controls or something: alternatively, taking away the body from the head

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: On the ground in position

"What the hell is that?" I said as the giant robot stomped along spewing out robots, most of which seemed concerned with attacking me as planned, "Looks like they took the diversion... mostly. Jewels going to meet you to get picked up by Warp." I said as I started through the alleyway, tunneling through robotic punches and attempting to get out, and lose them. "Going to try to shake them before I get to the pick up. Let me try to hamstring this big guy!" I said as worked my way through to the big robot.

I jumped in the air and was about to try to phase through the robot's leg and like pull some wires as I did or something! At least that was the plan.

Directly engage a threat (attempted to do wrong move in link, used roll)
2d6+1: 3 [2d6=1, 1]
r.i.p. +1 xp

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, | Location: Is anyone even reading this?


My god, can this annoying pest just stay down already? There are more important things than him happening in the city right now! ... which is probably the point, to be fair - but still. Is that what fighting Vermilion is like? I almost pity those who use oppose us.

But really, Sylphid knew she couldn't waste any more time. She met the dragonman's leap, blade in one hand and gathering power in the other, and smashed another ball of compressed air against him. Smashing him back to where he came, Sylphid grabs her blade with both hands and supercharges it as she blitzes behind him before he can even land.

"RAZOR GALE!"

A violent, tearing wind engulfed the blade, which vibrated heavily under the heavy magical load. With uncanny precision, Sylphid slashes at the legs of the stunned dragonman, easily cutting through the scales thanks to the power-up and cutting up the tendons.

As her opponents finally lands from her FIRST attack, she's already standing ontop of him, pointing the blade at his neck.

"Begone already! Nobody cares about your lovely inferiority complex! Not Vermillion, and certainly not me! If you don't stop, I will not hesitate to cut you down."

Her voice turned sour.

"I'm not going to play nice if you fucks aren't!"

Dramatic speech done, she wondered where Dragon is. Sure would be nice if she could take over! Sylphid has about two or three places she needs to be right now.



Directly Engaging an annoyingly resilient dragonman: 2d6+3 11 "Choosing resist or avoid their blows" and "take something from them (Their mobility)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Dealing W/ Family

I wanted to yell at these jerks a bit more, but I didn't really have the time to do it - there was a villain on the loose, and I'd just declared myself a hero. It would not do to just stand around when there was actually heroing to do. So, with a few simple parting words of, "Just get back to your homes, hug your families, and wait for heroes to save the day, as usual." I was back in the air, and ready to track down that rear end in a top hat to where my punch landed him. It wasn't exactly hard to keep track of where people went when I hit them, especially now that I could kind of... feel them. It helped that he didn't go as far as I thought - and apparently Sylphid was already on top of handling him for now.

I wanted to find something to actually get him off our back, and figure out a way to just stop him more permanently, since punching him seemed to do very little thus far. I wanted to think this through, and make sure there wasn't much damage to the environment either - looking good as a hero was important, when people would be after those like me with knives for Cerberus' threats. Gotta make sure people know that not every person with powers or who looks different wants to ruin their lives.

Got a 6 on Assessing

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



And that's when the makeouts started....

So not sure Joshie is coming back. Was fun, all!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

In the end all that anyone had were make outs and coffee

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008



Shodan never actually hit anybody with that shotgun of hers

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Rauri posted:

Shodan never actually hit anybody with that shotgun of hers

Sylphids just gonna get murdered by Grandmaphild now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.


And then Jewels saved her sister and lived happily with Bravura forever having endless makeouts.

  • Locked thread
«8 »