Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

"Oh for gently caress's sake!" I mutter under my breath as our vehicle comes to a sudden and complete stop - in middair. Stupid Sciromancer and his stupid sciencesuit or whatever - the only reason I didn't go out the window is because I strapped into the pilot's seat, which had felt lame at the time but I'm totally glad I did now. That makes this even worse, really... this was my first time piloting this thing! Know how long it took me to convince everyone else I wasn't going to crash this thing on purpose?

The instant his dumb speech ends, I do three things. The first is hit the roof ejection button, popping the glass ceiling above us off the jet entirely. The second is to undo my seatbelt and slap an Auto-Bot (there's no way you actually need me to explain to you what this does) on the controls to prevent Doring from blaming me for yet ANOTHER thing exploding when this would've otherwise fell out of the sky. The third's to stand up in my seat, grin at my teammates like all of this is going exactly according to some secret plan of mine, and yell "Please disembark the vehicle in an orderly fashion!" And that's when I lean out of the cockpit, trenchcoat fluttering in the wind all cool-like as I start to plummet upside-down through the crisp night's air towards the Earth - at an increasingly terminal rate.

By my (superhumanly accurate) calculations, I have about four point seven seconds until I hit the ground. Since my brain's overclocked, that's plenty of time to both reflect on everything since the last time we fought this dick AND come up with a way to not die when I hit the ground. I got a lot to think about, need to put these few seconds to good use. Like about Ms. Doring and what a bitch she's being. I mean, you blow up ONE city block and suddenly you're banned from the school's computer lab?! That's so not fair! I didn't use those explosives just because I enjoyed it - I used them because, know what happens when an army of robots shoot beams at my teammates? They're fine, since they're all junior Olympians even if they don't have literal super-strength. I, on the other hand, have a really good brain and some nifty tricks up my sleeves, but that's it. I didn't want to get shot, so I blew the robots up, and that's apparently a good reason for the Headmistress to flip her poo poo. At least my teammates understood, which was awesome of most of them. Plus I didn't get locked up, which literally could've happened.

Three seconds till I land, and I've got an idea. I reach into the third column, second row interior right-side pocket in my coat, withdrawing the tiny gel-like capsules I keep there in a sealed plastic bag. No time to unwrap them or use less than one - I fling the baggie beneath me, quite aware it'll land a split second before me at best. That's all I need, which also gives me another two and a half seconds to think on things. Like how to take the Sciromancer out this time. Dude's a chump, but last time I sort of had to cause a lot of damage to take his suit down. His suit that I intend to get to study when this is all said and done. I've got a pretty good idea of how I'm going to wreck his poo poo, how to counter his powers, but it never hurts to spend another second considering it. There are times I hate my mutation, but right now? It's practically the most badass thing of all time, since a second is all I need to figure out how to beat this guy. One point seven seconds, to be precise about it, since that's how much time I've got left. Trust me, did the math in my head.

<Rauri> Assess the Situation
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3 = 9
<Thejoshie> Hax!
What here can I use to Negate Sciromancer's powers?


The capsules I threw hit the ground before I do, like I wanted, so hooray not dying. The kinetic energy from the capsules striking the ground causes them to rapidly expand, converting the force into a giant gelatinous Flubber landing mat. I mean, that's the movie I was listening to in the background when I both thought of and invented them, so that's what I named the capsules. Glad to see they actually work, especially as I land in it rather than the pavement. Instead of basically exploding like I would've if I wasn't such a loving genius, the greenish-yellow Flubber comfortably yet firmly parts, catching me like an absurdly durable and gelatinous trampoline. As I bounce up, landing on the blacktop around the building our Foe's perched atop, I'm already withdrawing a few cool gadgets of mine from my pockets, ready for the next phase of my awesome plan.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 26, 2016 around 08:34

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

It's hard to tell exactly what's going on in the rooftop battle from where I am on the ground, but you know what? It totally doesn't sound like the type of thing that I want to be directly involved in. Especially after that scream of pain from him, the big energy wave and roof damage... the whole thing seems like a job for the meatshields. And while they keep him busy, I'll solve the problem that is his intriguing battle-armor.

With basically everyone else participating in that ruckus on the roof, there's nothing stopping me from just putting a boot to the double doors leading into Sciromancer's lab and kicking them open. Gazing into the tech-laden building with a giant smile on my face, I reach my hands out and crack my fingers real quick before getting to work. Producing my self-made Tablet from my coat and setting it to hover in front of me, I start walking around his lab, looking for something of his I can hack and repurpose towards disabling his powersuit - and wow, would you just LOOK at that Supercomputer of his. It's sitting there, just begging for me to start messing with it. Bet he's using it to run computations for that suit of his - wouldn't it be fun to start messing with them?

My fingers are already flying through the air over my tablet, tapping away at the holo-keyboard it's projecting in middair, obliterating this thing's meager security measures.

(Rauri-phone) Shodan Unleash Powers
(Rauri-phone) !r 2d6
(Krysmbot) Rauri-phone, 9 = 9
Taking Insecure to not make Shodan's hack of Sciromancer's Supercomputer temporary.


Unlike the rooftop fight, the battle of Shodan vs Machine is over in seconds, with me the total victor. Not that anyone on the roof is going to care, of course. Bet half of them won't even believe I did anything at all - I'll be surprised if they don't think I'm down here just looting parts for my own lab. Already gotten yelled at by nearly as many for the Jet getting zapped, which was so totally not my fault, and the explosions earlier that kinda were, but whatever. Not my fault they don't understand my genius, and I totally don't care what they think of me. Assuring myself that I'm totally fine with my so-called teammate's disdain, I start dumping packets of pure gibberish into the Scriomancer's suit's linked systems. Shame I can't watch the results, bet the suit spazzing out is gonna look hilarious!

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2016 around 22:55

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

Awesome, I'm being addressed by an extra from Men In Black - probably one of the sequels since they're poo poo like he is - and his boyband backup. Not only did they do nothing to stop the Sciromancer, but this Lawson guy both addresses me by my real name instead of my handle (a major strike against him), AND seems to have gotten it into his head that he can insult me while stealing all this wonderful technology for himself (and that's two more strikes). I don't get along with the government at the best of times - and especially not when they show up to steal the equipment of a villain we fought. I am not going to let them ninja our loot, that's just obvious. Afterall I probably have enough DKP for some primary slot poo poo by now!

Angrily tapping away at my tablet, I'm going to multitask here. Still hacking the Sciromancer's suit, I'm also pulling up a disgusting shock image to project towards these CASTLE conformists, and oh yeah shouting back at the son of a bitch. "Are you kidding me?! You can go and shove-" But then the the roof collapses on us, which is unbelievable to me since I hadn't even done anything to it yet, and yeah my speech is interrupted. Needless to say I jump for cover asap, managing to shield myself against the falling concrete and teammates beneath a prototype shield of some sort.

Watching while the othe Valkyries peel themselves off the floor as the dust settles, I wait to move back into plain view of everyone else until after Sylphid's said her (moronic) bit to Agent Foster or whoever he is. With my tablet still floating in front of me and my awesome black trenchcoat on, it's my turn to talk now. Even though I don't expect any of my supposed teammates to back me up, at least I gotta try.

"Yeah, like I was saying 'Agent Foster' - you should go and shove those glasses up your rear end, over and over and over again." I'm tapping away at my holokeyboard during all this, glaring at him and his Secret Service-looking crew all the while. "Think you can insult us, try and intimidate me, and steal the loot of a villain you DIDN'T help against at all, 'cuz you supposedly work for some NSA-type? Think again."

I turn one hand away from typing in order to flick him off manually. Could've just projected an .img of one, but the real way's just a little more satisfying. Glancing back towards Sylphid, I'm letting her (and the rest of the team) know what's up. "We're not letting them touch a drat thing until we've looked the place over first, kay-thanks?" I look from person to person, especially Avatar, hoping at least one of them will agree with me... but all the while coming up with contingency plans in case they're going to be dumb about this.

<Rauri> Provoke the Archivist
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3+3 = 6
<Rauri> :o
Someone wanna help out and spend a point of team to save me a hard move? The Archivist will stumble, err, or overreact if you do~

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2016 around 11:26

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

It takes an awful lot of willpower to not draw my shotgun when this guy makes fun of my name again, his dumb cronies laughing along. He even said it in front of my teammates, and I'd been trying to keep that poo poo a secret. Plus he called me a hippy too, and that's soooo not what I'm about. Fission speaks up though, distracting Agent Foster, and while he starts to stalk towards my perpetually-helmeted teammate, I knick his phone off his beltclip as he passes me by me - rather stealthily too, if I do say so myself. Gonna look at this later, find out more about this douchebag. Fission's earned herself a smirk, which I deliver to her over Foster's shoulder. Mental note, no hacking her helmet like I'd been planning on... for at least a week or two anyways.

And then Avatar rushes in and starts to just beat the absolute hell out of him. It's great, and I totally agree with her, and then the mad bastard triggers some sort of EMP device - the nanites on Avatar start to retreat instantly, and I'm even madder at this jerk than I was when he was just taunting me. That's so messed up! Did he manage to mess up her link with the Myriad somehow? She described how her tech worked to me some, and that seems the likeliest explanation to me. That's loving awful. Both what he did to her, and to trigger an experimental EMP when I'm standing RIGHT HERE. Do you even know how long it'd take me to repair my non-shielded devices if that'd been a little less specific than he thought? A loving while, let's just leave it at that.

Luckily the team steps up for her - in a way they totally wouldn't for me, but whatever, it's still nice to see. Jewels interposes herself between Avatar and the agents, Bravura goes to support her, and our Dragon Friend smashes down from up above. Much as I'd love to join in on that, not sure it's the smart move here. This situation is definitely escalating - but these agents have got a numbers advantage, which isn't ideal for us, obviously. Let's neutralize that shall we?

Hitting the button to shut down my tablet display, I take a step towards all the Agents that seem pretty determined to draw their guns and retaliate for us attacking this Foster creep. Stowing my tablet away in one pocket, I withdraw a small, black metal wand - all blinking diodes and super threatening looking - from another, then swish it back and forth in the air a few times with an incredibly cocky grin despite facing down a dozen gun armed men. "Yeah, guns down and stay back - or I shut off your nervous systems. Been meaning to test this Human Hacker out in the field, so by all means, please, try me." Raising the wandish device ominously, my finger hovers menacingly over a button as my hair hangs down over my eyes.

<Rauri> Are the Castle Agents watching closely?
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4+3 = 7
You get an opportunity, You confuse them for some time.


Unbenknownest to everyone here but me, what I'm holding isn't a Human Hacker, though I should definitely invent one of those. What I'm actually holding is an experimental Wireless Router Antenna. Kinda hoping nobody notices that.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 29, 2016 around 09:16

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: 0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Food Court Coffee Shop

It's eleven thirty, I've gotten maybe three hours of sleep, and I am setup at a table and nearly by myself in a food court. Normally those would all point to this situation being horrible, if not for three important factors. The first is the giant mocha I have in front of me, absolutely loaded with both cinnamon and sugar and whipped cream. The second is my breakfast / lunch, a giant bowl of soft-serve icecream from a nearby shop, absolutely loaded with toppings as well. There's no rule against ice cream for lunch, and my brain probably uses a bunch of calories or something... whatever, I'm eating it.

The third and most important reason this morning is great is that I have Foster's phone, and I'm just about done digitally dissecting every scrap of data on it. Since I'm grounded and the computer lab's included in that, I setup here in the cafeteria. As I'm busy slicing past the phone's meager defenses on my tablet with one hand - I've reserved the other for my icecream or coffee - I'm making sure to keep a watch on the rest of the room too, in case Doring shows up. Luckily everyone else is wise enough to leave me alone while I'm busy hacking something, so it's actually been a kind of productive lunch - especially with all of this excellent caffeine and sugar to keep me going!

Well, almost everyone. Vermilion Dragon sat down at my table - probably lured in by the shiny holodisplay I have up of the data of Foster's I'm analyzing - but I don't actually have a problem with that. VD (note: don't call her VD to her face) is easily one of the coolest teammates I have. She's a dragon! I'm an unabashed nerd, let's not get that wrong, and my team has a girl that you normally only encounter on a d% table on it! What's more, she seems like an outcast too, and that automatically endears someone to me.

After a particularly juicy bit of info scrolls past, I can't help but announce it to her. "Ohhh fun. Seems CASTLE debated sending along an 'evolving android' named GodMode with Foster and crew." Retrieving an image of from Foster's phone, I bring it up on my tablet's holodisplay, grinning despite the news I'm about to share. "Seems it's designed to be able to take The Valkyries - us specifically - out in a straight up fight." I let that sink in. "It's programmed to shoot me first, hilariously enough. Guess I pissed somebody off?" I'd be a bit frightened about it if it wasn't so awesome that I'm that big of a threat. "Though given how badly we punked Sciromancer and them, they totally should've brought this thing along I em oh."


GodMode

Making sure she knows what I mean, I motion at the phone my tablet's linked to via a microusb cable. "I stole Foster's phone and hacked a ton of info off it - I'm just that good. Cool right? Whaddya think?" Yeah, uh, looking back towards my tablet real quick, sort of embarrassed by how transparently I just fished for praise. Whatever, she's my teammates, and I think she's kinda rad - and even I'm allowed to care about my teammates liking me, sometimes anyways!

Sharing a celebration and some info with Vermilion Dragon!
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they think you're cool. If they say yes, give them Influence and take Influence over them. If they say no, mark a condition or spurn them immediately. Either way, add a team to the pool.
If she says yes VD gets to adjust two of Shodan's labels and Shodan will get influence on her

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 1, 2016 around 07:56

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Food Court Coffee Shop

Wow, Vermillion's nearly as awed by my genius - and larceny - as I am! I can't help but smile (and not even in a sarcastic way) when she responds to my efforts and praises me. Especially with all I'm doing for the team, it's nice to feel like I'm welcome on it now and again. She offers to hug me too, which, uh... glad she thought better of it, though I appreciate the would-be gesture. Given what happened to her last roommate, it's definitely for the best.

Before we can continue our conversation further we're interrupted by someone bearing free drinks for us. One of the best ways to get interrupted I think. It's... that one guy that works here! The one that actually remembers my drink order and gets it right, since the one he's provided for me is exactly the way I like them. Just as my current one had been getting empty, too. Plus he's totally on the Team Valkyrie Train, which is neat. Nice to know regular kids here appreciate us, and it sure seems like he does.

Removing Insecure.

Having hidden the image of the Dalek-wannabe I had on display when Esmail (it kills me his nametag doesn't start with Call me) comes over, I move my mostly empty coffee aside for this new one, smirking back at him. "Hey, thanks a bunch." Vermillion meanwhile is kinda melting down - maybe she has a crush on him or something? I mean, he's nice in a perfectly ordinary kinda way, I guess... still, gonna pop in here and save my teammate.

"Got any turnovers?" I ask, pointing with my hand that isn't holding my brand new coffee. "Or chocolate muffins?" Looking at Vermilion studiously for a moment, I order for her, since she's blushing so much I'm starting to wonder if she's not manifesting the ability to breathe fire any second now. "She'll have a turnover also." Or I get two of them, win-win here.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 3, 2016 around 03:17

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Food Court Coffee Shop -> Outside

The Too Long, Didn't Read on Agent Matthews is he's an idiotic authoritarian douchebag. Giving Vermilion poo poo and blaming her for my explosions while simultaneously praising me for them, mocking her metahumanity, eating her turnover like some 80's movie antagonist, openly saying he hopes she gets cut from the team and that she doesn't belong here. I don't give a gently caress if he's praised me, if anything it makes me feel dirty somehow. He basically just used his Super Monologue mutation and praise of me to do nothing but try and hurt her - and I don't like getting used.

I am absolutely glaring at him for every second of his dumb speech, and not only should it be perfectly obvious from my expression that I despise him, the only reason I haven't said or done anything to him yet is Vermilion deserves first crack at him. Don't think I'm going to get to use the Computer Lab after all, basically, since I am going to piss this dude off somehow, mark my words.

<Rauri> RIP newly regained Computer Lab Access : /
<Rauri> Reject Influence
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 11 = 11
Clear a condition or mark potential by immediately acting to prove them wrong, Shift 1 label up (Freak) and 1 label down (Mundane), your choice. Since I didn't pick the option to cancel their influence, the +1 Fre -1 Mun from Coach Matthew's action applies as well.


There's a calm before the storm and I side-eye VD, ready to try and joke with her a little to take her mind off that rear end in a top hat... but then she stands up, unfurling her wings, and it looks like it's go time. Well then. Hastily stowing my tablet in a coat pocket and practically leaping out of my seat, I follow after her.

Getting out the door two point five seconds (thanks mutated brain for calculating that for me) after she does, I've somehow managed to miss the majority of her flight towards Matthews - and her literally cratering the sidewalk in front of this place - but holy poo poo the end of her charge is amazing. It's actually kinda loving scary, to tell you the truth. As in, I'm not sure how strong she is exactly - even after I've just directly witnessed her cause a minor seismic event via sinking her arm into the loving earth like it was nothing. And my Mutation involves understanding precisely how powers work when I watch them. So yeah... officially never, ever pissing her off.

She utters some growly bit about protecting a weak human like him from fire ants, and I know I've got my chance. "Fire ants?" I call, retrieving a cryogrenade from my trenchcoat. "Don't worry, I got this!" Then I fling the grenade, watching it sail through the air perfectly, landing right between them. Instead of exploding when it goes off a fraction of a second after it lands, it doesn't explode, since that's what a regular grenade does. Instead it flash-freezes a thirty foot diameter circle or so, except for the area behind her Vermillion Dragon was blocking - who's totally fine by the way, since she'd probably have to eat one of my grenades for them to actually hurt her. Matthews, though, I've put on ice for a little bit. "Whoops."

<Rauri> Unleash Your Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7
Overcoming an obstacle, namely Agent Matthews, in either a temporary or unstable fashion.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2016 around 08:56

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Near a frozen gym coach

I don't know what's wrong with me - I just chucked a grenade at a teacher, and yet I actually feel kinda bad about it. I mean, having an adult stick up for me is rare, having teammates like me is unusual, it makes sense that I'd have to choose between them - because of course I'm not allowed to actually get along with others. A frozen Coach Matthews stares at me accusatorily, and I'm sure that not only can I kiss the computer lab goodbye, that I'm probably facing weeks of detention at best, maybe even expulsion, and all for doing what I still think was the 'right thing'. Vermilion gets treated like poo poo from what I've observed, and even after I bombed that guy it's still happening.

There's a crowd around us, but not one soul cares about what I did - they're too busy murmuring about VD, seemingly doing their best to make her feel worse. gently caress that - not letting her suffer steal my reputation. Fission arrives, but all I can do now is hope that her helmet blocks out what I'm about to do. I look sympathetically at her, at least, in case that matters at all.

Reaching my hands into some exterior pockets, I'm approaching the crowd with a triumphant grin on my face - a surefire sign that things are about to go terribly for someone(s) other than me. Pulling my goggles on right quick, since I'm gonna need 'em, I address my audience - the one made up of my classmates, the same fuckers intent on tormenting Vermilion. "Oh what, you see her and forget about the Mad Scientist?! I'm not putting up with that." Flinging the devices I'd snagged towards them, I hope they enjoy the fireworks... since that's more or less what I threw into the crowd, if elaborate flashbangs count as fireworks.

<Rauri> Are our classmates watching closely?
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+3 = 8
You get an opportunity, you confuse them for some time.


Bet they think they're actually grenades, and not some harmless pranks I engineered after too much coffee and in the midst of a Harry Potter reread. Still providing a chance for Vermilion to get away, and I bet they'll all hate me waaay more than her after this, and at least that's fairer. Right before they go off and deafen us for a bit, I call out to her "I can handle this if you wanna leave, Vee?"

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 6, 2016 around 10:52

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure
Location: Angsty walk towards Principal's office

It's kinda funny - I betrayed Coach Matthews a little bit, and so I guess it's my turn to know the fun that is being massively let down. Both Vermillion Dragon and Fission are loving dead to me. I was willing to tank all the hate-aggro so people would quit mistreating Vermillion... and rather than appreciate it, she INSTANTLY sides with them, trying to make me out to be the bad guy. Fission's done the same, but she made sure to wreck those flashbangs I threw on top of it. Do you know how long those take me to make? I don't own a factory, I can't go to Wal-Mart and buy a loving baker's dozen assorted grenades - I have to build them all by hand, and it takes loving forever.

Glaring at the pair of them, the Coach, the students running from me (as if I'd actually hurt them - do you know how difficult it is to calibrate flashbangs to incapacitate without causing any lasting harm?) I'm about to lose my poo poo at all of them. I was doing the right thing, and not only did none of them care, they all instantly sided against me. Not one person is on my team here. My Intuitive Analysis is, usefully enough, providing me with exactly what I could say to be the most hurtful to everyone here. "You three..."

I don't bother with it though, and lapse into silence. Instead, with one last furious glance from person to person, I shove my hands into my coat pockets and head back into the foodcourt. I'm so mad I nearly trip on the crater that VD put into the ground, though - no one's yelling at her about that, guess collateral damage only matters when I do it. This is such bullshit.

It'd been my intent to grab the cellphone that I'd liberated from Foster off the table I left it on, but someone else has copied me and stolen that phone. Probably Coffee Kid. So, hooray, a valuable lead and source of data - and I just threw it away. In order to go be "nice" to people. To try and be a "friend." It's bullshit, and I should've remembered - other people end up with friends, not me, and you can loving drat well bet I am not going to make a mistake like this again.

If there even is an again I remember, walking through the suddenly dismal and oppressive halls of the school, glowering at anyone that dares meet my gaze. Since I just froze a teacher and all, it's probably a given that I'm about to be expelled. So, hooray, I just hosed up my whole life, and I didn't even get anything out of it.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008



Ignore this post.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2016 around 07:04

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure
Location: Doring's Office

Lots to unpack. Team is OK aside from Sylphid, should be Seraphim instead. Room assignments are terrible, I should be with Avatar to increase the chances I have to observe how the Myriad nanotech operates. Archivist blowing up would be funny if it didn't hurt Avatar. Scioromancer escaping and us going after him gives me another chance to try and steal tech from him. We get access to some cool rooms right next to where we're having our rooms moved to - moving all of my stuff is going to be a massive pain, now that I think about it. I still need a lab.

Jewels starts up first, indignant about not being the leader, which kinda makes me lose respect for her. Who fights to be in charge of things? That's completely petty, and being the leader is lame anyways. I mean, she's making some good points overall, but like gently caress I'm stepping up to help argue them. I've got a way more important thing to argue for.

Raising my hand like an eager student, only super sarcastically, I stare Doring down and start to voice my stipulations now that Jewel's done with her bitching. "I'm fine with all of this - IF you finally give me my own lab."

Looking suspiciously from one teammate to the next, all of them overtly superpowerful, I then both glance and gesture down at my own skinny and pale frame to emphasize this next point. "My inventions are why I'm even here to begin with, and I can't work on them crammed into a tiny dormroom with Ms. Goody Two Shoes." Yeah rooming with her is going to suck, I can already tell. "If you don't give me a lab or space to work in, then you're intentionally holding me back - and you're not doing that to anyone else on the team."

<Rauri> Provoke Ms. Doring into giving me my own lab
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure
Location: Doring's Office

Goddamn, I think Ms. Doring has Super Monologuing as a power too. That took /forever/, and I couldn't be more tired of hearing her voice if I tried.

Still, she said a couple things to me specifically. Mostly stuff about maintaining a certain image, which is total bullshit. I don't care what anyone else wants, thinks, needs, whatever - I am going to be me, come Hell or high water. Even if that means detonating main street, I'm not compromising who I am for anyone. I don't give a poo poo if she punched Hitler or not, she's not the boss of me.

"Either you want me on the team or you don't." I argue, my mutated brain having seized on the weakness she's presented me with. "I don't have to get your permission to work on things in MY lab, nor do I need to change who I am." Raising a hand to stave off her next argument preemptively, I press on. "If I'm as smart as you say I am, you're going to have to trust me sometimes, and now's one of those times."

I look from teammate to teammate real quick, irritated that Jewels has gotten herself transferred out of the squad with me but more than smart enough to not betray any sign of it to her. "Besides, you're unable to stick to your own team assignments - I can't trust you to make wise decisions about what I do and don't work on." You doddering old grandma, you. Besides, I'm working on a ship and it's not like she'd ever approve of the design I have in mind...

Got a 9 to reject influence, choosing to Cancel their influence and take +1 forward against them.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2016 around 11:26

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure
Location: Doring's Office

Hooray - I got my Lab, and that's what matters. I mean some other drama happened with the other girls, part of me wants to feel bad for all of them for different reasons, but I'm going to idle that emotional subroutine. Being nice to them is a trap and I'm not falling for it again. Doring sending Sylphid down to my lab sucks though, gonna complain about that.

"She can come as long as she doesn't touch anything - it's MY lab, and none of you are qualified to use my inventions," I declare, trying to establish that boundary early. Everyone seems kinda down except for me, so I'm playing up how cheerful I am.

And I definitely am - new lab, a better outlook on my part on teamwork, and there's always the data I pulled off of Foster's phone. I'm not an idiot, far from it - I was uploading the data I'd decrypted off his phone to an external HD the entire time. Won't have whatever I wasn't able to access already on it, but it does have a ton of interesting-looking data about a lot of secret government projects. Dude had tons of emails on his phone about something called GEMMS, which isn't ringing any bells, meaning I have a fun mystery-puzzle to ponder!

Rising up out of my seat, I put my hands back into the exterior pockets of my trenchcoat - not to grab anything, I just like keeping my hands in my pockets. "Well, I'm heading there now - might as well start setting things up." Beaming annoyingly at everyone, I add an exaggerated wave in for good measure. "Have a great day everybody."

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 15, 2016 around 03:59

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure
Location: My Lab

This lab is somehow even worse than the firehouse from Ghostbusters was at the start of the film. It's barely even setup to be a lab, it's cluttered as hell with old and broken crap, there are computers here that look like they're from the Apollo Program era, the whole place smells like old and plastic and damp - it's an absolute loving disaster.

EXCEPT for the Molecular Rearranger!!! that someone left down here on one of the tables, as if it belonged with the rest of this garbage. Know how everyone was going nuts for 3-D printers a few years ago? Yeah, that was kid's stuff. The real tech wizards and super-science-types like me were agog over these at the same time. This unit doesn't exactly look like it's portable, but - if I can get it wired and powered correctly, which'll be easy since Intuitive Analysis will literally figure it out for me - I'll have a fully functional, high-powered, more or less Replicator at my disposal. It's going to make it a lot easier to furnish difficult materials for my inventions and explosives, make repairing and refilling my consumable devices less of a chore too. Plus, willing to bet I could use it to radically improve the batteries I've been working on for that ship I have in mind...

I'm so busy reviewing the Molecular Rearranger and all the possibilities it represents that I don't notice Sylphid's broken the one rule I have for being in here until she says something. Spinning around, my eyes narrow instantly, and I'm halfway to reminding her how stupid she has to be to forget such a simple rule when she mentions it's magical, and won't be of use to me. Which is wrong, I could totally analyze it even if I can't use it - magic is clearly real, I'm not arbitrarily skeptical about it, my power even figures out the basics of how to counter it for me - but I dunno, she's super loving obviously upset, I think her mom's even still hanging around. Bet I can get her to do something for me by not being a total dick.

So instead of bitching her out, I facepalm while informing her of the deal. "Yeah it's yours, on two conditions. One, you remember to NOT TOUCH ANYTHING." Deep breath, and in a calmer voice, "and two, you help me move some of this crap around - you're stronger than me, and I'm not draining the batteries on any of my Zero-G emitters. Meanwhile I'll be making a list of what's useful, what I can scavenge for parts, and what I need you to get rid of." Semi-sarcastically, I sum up "Complete those quest conditions, and the Magic Thingy is yours."

<Rauri> Assess the Lab
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
<KittyEmpress> i'll assess ur lab
Choosing "What here can I use to rebuild the lab," and "what here is useful or valuable to me?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure
Location: My Lab

Yes, she's accepted my offer! I have a temporary lackey ready to rearrange the room for me!

Unfortunately she gets the urge to try and talk to me while I work too, and ughhhh. She's trying to make me feel better or something - aside from telling me I have an attitude problem that is, though from her I'll take it as a huge compliment. All about how smart I am, me being not as terrible as everyone thinks, that I should obviously be a team leader, what a cool renegade I am - it's obvious flattery, but whatever, I'll accept it if she'll stay busy helping me.

Responding to her over my shoulder while I survey some damaged-looking servers, I'm going to set things straight. "Being a 'team leader' officially marks someone as totally lame - no offense." Yeah some offense obviously meant, but kinda in only a teasing way? "The only thing I need to work on is this lab - speaking of, need those terminals ripped out, they're worthless."

Unless... "Actually wait, save the paneling." Getting more and more ideas here.

Taking +1 Potential.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure
Location: My Lab

I've brought out my tablet to start taking inventory, simultaneously using it to make a map and color-linking the inventory it displays based on if they need thrown away, re-purposed, are good to go already, etc. Meanwhile, Sylphid's managed to not figure out what "aside from the paneling on those, they're worthless" indicates in the same amount of time - and she's the one with super-speed, it's pathetic. Plus she thinks people actually look up to the Team Leads, which... I couldn't help but make a scoffing noise after that comment.

Still, lab first, correcting her second. As if I'm explaining what I want done to a total idiot, I inform Sylphid what needs done with those giant old vacuum-tube terminals. "Those computers are from like, the sixties. The insides of them are garbage, not even worth trying to scavenge stuff - aside from the exterior paneling, which is both extremely resistant to temperature extremes and is already designed to work with electrical wiring running along them without problems. Basically, you've got-" Stopping myself mid-sentence, I look at her almost accusatorially. poo poo, I was starting to nerd out.

Shaking my head, I take a second crack at instructing Sylphid. "I don't have time to explain all this to you. Just carefully remove the casing slash paneling for those machines, maybe stack them in a nice pile for me, and get rid of all the rest of their internal crap without making a huge loving mess, OK?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure
Location: My Lab

At least this place isn't totally useless. It'll take some time and entirely more work than I wish it would, but I should have a truly miracul- er, revolutionary lab by the time I'm done with it. Splice some wires, build a few good machines into a cluster out of all the bad ones here, utilize the rest for the ship I've pretty much figured out, make room in here for a workshop area and a hammock... it'll be badass.

It seems that in the twenty seconds it took me to finish surveying the lab, Sylphid's apparently finished a task that probably would've taken me the better part of an hour without utilizing my inventions, so there's that. There's also her being pissed at her mom, which I totally sympathize with. She was even getting on my nerves, and I'd initially found her hounding Sylphid about stupid crap hilarious. So yeah, she gets the whatever it was she wants, and I'll even be slightly encouraging - but only because she did the job so quickly, mind you.

"Parents suck, sorry yours likes to helicopter." I can't help but snicker a little at that, given the wind associations, but even still I'm not trying to be a jerk to her. "Listen, the Thingy's yours - though you gotta let me analyze it at some point - but you can keep helping me setup my lab if you want." I say all that over my shoulder while I'm fiddling with the holodisplays my tablet's projecting, already having sorted the majority of the room and its components into categories. It's the best she's going to get - but coming from me, I bet it means a lot, since I'm awesome.

<Rauri> Support Sylphid
<TheJoshie> KittyEmpress: If you never blew up your own soldiers while playing Xcom due to a paniced soldier... than you never played xcom.
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10 = 10
<Axe-man> wow
removing insecure


But then Mary loving sprints in and knocks over all the panels my minion just carefully stacked, and I'm glaring at her instantly. Plus she fills us in on a bunch of things we already know while practically screaming, up until the part about her stealing a phone from me. What the gently caress - that was her?! Is she still not over me ragging on her the other day? C'mon, that'd been hilarious, not my fault she can't take a joke.

Withdrawing a laser pointer from my pocket, I shine it in her face, both to let her know I'm here too and to be annoying. "Yeah, we knew all that stuff already - since we're actual Valkyries." Pocketing the laser pointer and my tablet in case she decides to try and punch me again, I push my luck a little further. "Listen, I'm not Super-Blonde like you and I get that you have a Hair trigger temper, but give me that loving phone back since it's Valkyrie business, right this second."

Smirk. "Comb on, no brushing me off about this."

<Rauri> and Provoke Mary
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3+3 = 6
<Rauri> oh come on
<godfish> hahahaha
<TheJoshie> Bwahahahaha!

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 17, 2016 around 07:52

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: My Lab

Mark my words, I'm getting blamed for all of this.

This isn't great. Mary's gone all Supervillain Origin Story on us, damaged the Molecular Rearranger, and now she's trying to strangle me to death. Talk about oversensitive - I have been teased sooo much worse than she has, and I never freaked out this bad. There's no way I'm letting her get away with this tantrum, especially since it's loving with my lab - but yeah, point made, Mary and I are probably never going to get along.

Still, my brain's busily informing me how many seconds of consciousness I have left, the strengths of this weird hair-ooze??? she's controlling - and it's weaknesses. I can't see it properly to do a thorough (and automatic) analysis of its capabilities, but at least I've got an out for now. I may not have any physical powers, but you know what I do have? An overclocked brain. Oh, and tons of devices and gadgets I've built to counter the problems posed by my aforementioned lack of physical capabilities.

In this case, I'm talking about the Force-Shield unit I've built into my trenchcoat. As if Mary's the first person to try and strangle me, after all. "Mghgh," I comment while I tap my gloved fingers in a particular combination, causing the Force-Shield to suddenly activate. As it does, a translucent and glowing purple barrier springs up around me, blasting and holding Mary's intriguing hair back - and most importantly, giving me a chance to breathe for a second or two. Crisis averted.

<Rauri> Unleash Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+1 = 8
Reshaping environment by putting Shodan inside a temporary force-field.


Unfortunately, my shield's a temporary thing, and by that I'm talking about a minute or so. It's buying me time right now, but it drains its battery waaaayyyyy faster than I wish it did - haven't had time to figure that design flaw out yet. So going to need to make use of the time it buys me to figure out my next couples moves - oh, and I guess help Sylphid, if she needs it, but she better not.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2016 around 08:15

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: My Lab

Yes! I may have not had time to throw on my googles - which would fix this darkness problem no trouble - but whatever Sylphid's done has produced a huge surge of both light and energy! My brain's fussing over her having literally created energy - thermodynamically impossible by the way - but it's also scanning Mary's power as it does. Between the two of them, I'd rather deal with Sylphid's magic than Mary trying to murder me, after all. All I need is that brief glimpse, and...

<Rauri> Assess the Situation
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10+3 = 13
What here can I use to Negate Mary's Powers, and How could I best infuriate or provoke Mary? (Got answers in irc)


Alright, I'm done calculating things. Only took me that brief flash of lightning, and thank god I have my shield up - my superpowered teammate got sent flying, and all the while I'm totally fine. More than fine, even - I have this poo poo under control. "Sorry to cut this short, Mary," I start, cocking my head to the side and leering in the vague direction she's in. It's irritating me quite a bit she's not dealing with me personally, and I'd like her to be here when I obliterate her powers and show her what a joke she is.

Reaching into my pockets, I grin impossibly wide from within my forcefield's safety. "But it's time to straighten you out." Grabbing a completely random device, I hold it like it's the One Ring and I'm standing at the Crack of Doom. "Paying attention to anyone but me was hideously dumb, you understand that right?" Well, at least I have her attention... "No wait, you're still blonde as gently caress, I'll give you a few seconds to catch up. My shield's got time."

<Rauri> Provoke Mary with another hair pun
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+3 = 12
<godfish> hahahaha
*** megane [~Sam@synIRC-FC1B2DC9.austin.res.rr.com] has quit [Quit: Leaving.]
<Rauri> should've been +4 anyways
<TheJoshie> Wow
Having Mary focus /all/ of her efforts on attacking Shodan, as opposed to teammates.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: My Lab

WHO IN THE HELL HOOKED THIS LAB UP TO A GENERAL PURPOSE SPRINKLER SYSTEM?! Seriously, that's just... beyond idiotic. And not only because it shorted out my shield or anything.

Alright, the two of us versus Mary, she's awfully mad at me, and Sylphid's tanking. Normally I like playing support - it's more intellectually stimulating - but I might as well hybrid it up and start DPSing. Listen, I'm all for doing my own thing whenever and as often as I can, but I'm not an idiot. After whatever's happened to Mary, she'd probably thrash me by herself if we were all one on one about this. As such, I'm not going to fail to utilize someone like Sylphid to you know, win and not die. Not really an unreasonable position now is it? Besides, Sylphid's got some impressive powers, even if she's probably rocking an IQ of about eighty or so.

With Mary's hair temporarily at bay again, I'm reaching into my coatpocket, withdrawing the final card I'll need to play this fight. And by card I obviously mean invention of mine - in this case, a small pellet gun. A pellet gun that fires pellets that contain nanomachines designed to devour the first source of inorganic matter they come into contact with. It's actually a really recent addition to my armory - I made it after Avatar was extraordinarily selfish and wouldn't let me examine her or run tests on her nanotech. That's why I made my own, and that's why Mary gets to enjoy this now.

"Hey Mary," I level the gun at one of her hair-tendrils with a big grin on my face. "Eat poo poo and die." That said, I fire a few of the pellets into her hair, irritated that I won't have enough light to properly judge the efficiency of this device's first field-test. Ah well, as long as it works!

<Rauri> Directly Engage Mary
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+1 = 10
had +1 to roll from using answer from previous assess situation. Choosing resist or avoid their blows, frighten the opposition.


I throw my Goggles on too, both to look cooler when the lights come back on - and to see what's going on until that happens. I've bought myself enough time, might as well get to watch some of the aftermath of my brilliant attack!

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 30, 2016 around 07:37

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: My Lab

Are you KIDDING ME?!

"Stay out of the loving way!" I announce to Fission, since I'm still pissed at her, and if her suit gets eaten away by my lovely nanomachines, that's on her and I'm going to laugh about it. If anything, she deserves the time it's going to take her to repair her suit (provided she even knows how, bet she's too stupid though) for having wrecked all my flashbangs earlier. I'd barely recognized she was here. By which I mean, my brain had fully informed me on all of her weird energy absorption poo poo from the literal nanosecond I was cognizant of it, I just chose to try and ignore it.

Still, Mary's hair isn't defeated, and once again it's because my brilliance has been stymied by the incompetents that make up the rest of the Valkyries. I still have no idea why Ms. Boring deliberately aimed for a bunch of knuckle-dragging idiots, then added Seraphim and me to the team. Sylphid's at least useful, if still an idiot - Fission, meanwhile, is totally worthless. And a backstabbing bitch.

My shield's down, and I'm not taking any chances against Mary's absurdly lethal power. I'd thought I'd ended this and I was wrong, and I hate being wrong. Pulling my shotgun off my hip, it's time for a second final trump card. "Let me reiterate, Mary - eat poo poo and die." With that said, it's time to introduce her to Katsuragi, and the numerous shells I've modified her to contain. My gun against her hair, I totally have this handled still, trust me...

<Rauri> Shotgun time
<Rauri> Directly Engage Mary
<Rauri> !r 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3+0 = 3
<TheJoshie> \o/
<ShootaBoy> boom
<Rauri> hahaha yussss, level up
<Rauri> also probably shooting Fission or something
Marking potential, saving advance for the time being~

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: My Lab

Wait, what?! There's an add I've managed to aggro and it's got a skull around its portrait, oh for gently caress's sa-

<Rauri> Take a powerful blow
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7
<Rauri> ughhh
You give ground; your opposition gets an opportunity - aka, Shodan's having to manually push tables up off her and it's going to take a second or two before she can access any of her gear again.


The rest of my conscious thought ends for a moment as I'm rocketed away from whatever the gently caress just happened. It's not the least bit reassuring that my brain's calculating how many joules I'm taking as I slam into the wall, quite a few work benches and assorted other bits of metal right behind me. It's not great - especially since my coat's automatic defenses fail to entirely absorb the blow. They should've, but since they clearly hosed up, I'm dealing with the consequences. Which, in this case, feels like a broken rib or three. Ouch. At least my shields worked at all - if they hadn't, I'd probably be rekted at the moment. Or gibbed, whatever term you want to use.

It doesn't help that I'm pinned under these heavy benches, either. I'm a super genius, but I'm also the ONLY person on the Valkyries aside from Bravura that doesn't have some kind of physical power. Plus she's physically fit - absurdly so - while I've skipped gym class via hacking the institute's webserver and adding exemptions to my file for Physical Education classes. Don't get me wrong, I definitely belong on the team more than she does - but don't get me wrong about this either, I have the physical capabilities of a nerdy sixteen year old that probably shouldn't have exempted herself from PE. I'm rocking oh so much cleverness, but it doesn't really matter much when I get caught totally off-guard. Also, clearly need to patch my gear for higher caliber threats - VD, Mary, and whoever this newcomer is are all a lot stronger than I'm used to having to deal with.

Still, these work tables aren't impossible for me to crawl out from under. It only take me about thirty painful seconds to liberate myself from the pile I'd been stuck under earlier, and I'm totally ready for action again! Hope no one taken advantage of that time - Sylphid's definitely been talking to whoever it is, but even with my enhanced brain I've been too punchdrunk to pick up on what she's been saying.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2016 around 06:30

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: My Lab

Son of a gently caress! I swear I'm going to like, set the world on fire if Katsuragi gets broken. Really could've used it right now too, given this Hair Monster and his whole trying to smother me to death deal. Trashed lab, broken ribs, missing gun, and I'm rapidly burning through tons of devices that, believe it or not, take me a loving while to make. That's it, no more playing around.

Little known fact, I don't run my person shield generator at max power, or anywhere close to it. Past about forty percent output it gets... unstable. Which is obviously just another word for "loving dangerous". Instead of repelling things, it starts to, well, I guess shred is a good word for it. And wouldn't you know it, this dumb Hairy monster is far, far too close to me to not get a very close shave. Letting out a groan of pain due to my ribs as I have to shift slightly, my fingers reach my wrist and I crank my shields up to one hundred percent output.

<Rauri> Directly Engage Hair Monster
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8 = 8
Picking resist or avoid their blows.


And now that I've just sliced a good portion of the Hair Monster to ribbons, I've bought myself a few crucial seconds of time. Fission and Sylphid both clearly need help, but I've only really got time for the one. Fission has phasing and is fighting a weaker opponent, so I pick helping our magical girl - though I do at least sarcastically shout "YOU HAVE PHASING! THERE'S NO loving WAY ANYTHING SHOULD BE HITTING YOU, FISSION!" while I'm in the midst of prepping my next trick.

See, whoever Sylphid's fighting? She's the one that hit me in the back, and I'm not a fan of when that happens to me, or the people that do it. And she seems to be freaking Sylphid the gently caress out, which is bad news too. So, since I've got some power left in my coat that the force field ploy I just pulled didn't drain, I'm going to put it to good use - by zapping this mysterious magical woman with all of it. Looks like its her turn to get backstabbed, hope she enjoys it as much as I did.

Having made the adjustments to my trenchcoat's systems, I point towards Sylphid's foe, tapping a button on my belt as I do. Two metallic prongs shoot out suddenly, and I actually manage to get her! Giving her a big 'ol grin in case she turns around, I tap the button on my belt again, and its time to see how she handles having about a city block's worth of electricity dumped directly into her.

<Rauri> Is Blue Empress Watching Closely?
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+3 = 8
Picking to get an opportunity and to expose a weakness or flaw.
Rolled this instead of Directly Engage because I don't think what Shodan's doing is actually enough to hurt her, just maybe distract her.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2016 around 21:48

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: My Lab

Hahahaha oh wow, did you see that!? She just lit up like a Christmas tree mixed with a server that just caught fire! Totally saved Slyphid there, if I do say so myself. I can't help but grin triumphantly for a moment, even if I can't see her from the smoke cloud my attack kicked up. That has to have hurt, and better yet she tried to be all smug about it right as the electricity kicked in. Bet it didn't stop her, but at least it - whoa she just yanked me towards her-

Ooowwwwwwwww!!!

What just happened? I think she kicked me or something, maybe, but definitely I can't breathe right now. Can't think, either. Oh, except about hurting, I'm definitely doing that, both hurting and thinking about it. Pretty sure the few broken ribs I had before are now among the least of my worries. Is this a good time to remind you I'm the only person on the team with no, like, enhanced toughness, or special defenses, or even the ability to pass the presidential fitness exam unaided, or anything? If she's right about the Goddess part, pretty sure I just got smited. Smitten? Smote? Yeah, should be smote in this case.

What a weird thing to think about while I'm passing out. Someone catches me and keeps me from totally collapsing, but I think it's her, so not exactly a big win for me there. My neck hurts and there's a spear, but I can barely see anything else.

Oh well... at least I won't be awake for it, right?

<Rauri> Take a Powerful Blow
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+1 = 10
<Rauri> gently caress
<Rauri> that was not the result I wanted : /
Picking You must remove yourself from the situation, in this case via Shodan losing consciousness.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Apr 27, 2016 around 05:25

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: Back to school

Listen, my hospital stay may have sucked - and living with Sylphid's family may've only been a slight improvement - but what I'm about to do is going to make these past three months soooooo worth it.

See, I just sort of woke up in intensive care exactly two months and twenty nine days ago. Wasn't great. Didn't want to contact my parents and tell them how bad I got hurt and worry them, so I guess I may have had the hospital contact Sylphid's mom instead? It's why I ended up living with her for these past couple months anyways - once I'd healed enough to get discharged, which took too much loving time if you ask me - I was going crazy cooped up in my hospital bed with nothing to do but have my brain practically scream endless calculations and designs and theories at me. Anyways, I basically ended up taking over her family's garage, and did my absolute best to avoid her and her family whenever it wasn't mealtime. We did play video games together a few times, and I showed off a couple of my inventions, but I had too much work to do to spend all of it wasting time with her.

I've made the most of this summer though. Upgraded or replaced virtually all of my gear, rebuilt and improved both Katsuragi and my Labcoat, added some goggles to my outfit, along with a new bandoleer since I was running out of pockets, oh and I also vastly increased the output on a few of my combat options for people like Blue Empress, Mary, (and Vermillion Dragon). I've also got a new hairstyle - I added two new tails to my hair in the back, up to four plus the strands on either side of my face - but I bet no one notices it, since no one thinks I'm attractive. Whatever, who cares.

Oh, and yeah, I built a loving Spaceship. No big deal or anything, just a teenager building literally the most advanced machine humanity has ever seen, I'm awesome like that.

That's the thing I'm talking about doing, by the way - showing off the Starship I built from scratch, piece by piece, out of garbage, in a garage, while recovering from a savage asskicking - this demonstration is why I'm looking down at the school now, from high up above, in the comfort of my awesome ship. I can't help but grin down at all the classmates staring up at the weird vehicle floating perfectly still above the school. Time to make my big entrance. Hopping out of my seat, I send a command to the ship to open the bar door as I walk back towards them. Good thing I stole those surgical implements from the hospital - I, uh, may have done some surgery on myself to graft a chip directly into my spinal column in order to control the Ragnarok remotely, it didn't hurt too bad since I also stole painkillers - anyways, I hesitate at the edge of the bay, looking down at the ground so far below, and then walk out it, into the wind and sky and the rapid fall towards the school below.

Or it would be rapid, if not for the anti-grav generator I've built into my trenchcoat. I gently float down towards the Earth instead of falling - and via telepathic command, I have my wondrous vehicle land directly beneath where I'm about to, after it does a fancy barrel-roll or two on the way down - so that way when I land, I'm standing on top of my greatest invention to date as I unveil it to my teammates, grinning at some of them and then the other, lesser kids that seem interested in my shiny new ship. Adjusting my coat, crossing my arms, and grinning smugly, I inquire "So, I built the coolest loving thing ever - I call her the Ragnarok, she can break atmo, I tested it." It was loving incredible. "What'd you all do over your summer vacations?"

Used Advance to purchase the Outsider's Kirby-craft: You have a vehicle (the Ragnarok), something from your home built yourself. Detail its look, and choose two strengths and two weaknesses. When you are flying your ship, you can use it to unleash your powers, directly engage a threat, or defend someone using Superior.

Also if there's been a three month time skip, we should be allowed to clear a condition at least.


quote:


The Ragnarok is Shodan's brand new ship, built in about two months out of parts she salvaged from the first iteration of the Doring School of Gifted Youngsters. Clearly referencing the Millenium Falcon, Shodan armed it with two quad-laser turrets mounted on the top and bottom of the ship, along with outfitting it with payloads of her own inventions. It's mainly built for speed and maneuverability - far faster than jets and far more maneuverable than helicopters, the Ragnarok is an aerial marvel. Comfortably seating about twelve, the Ragnarok and all of its systems are linked to Shodan via a chip she surgically inserted into her spinal column - she can command the ship remotely, summoning it to pick her up or maneuvering it out of harms way as needed. Also, it's got snacks and some in-flight entertainment, but all of it is stuff that Shodan likes, so lots of caffeine, sugar, PC games, and cartoons.

The downsides though are that its not like she built the thing out of fresh parts. There's quite a bit of "make do" under the surface, and the whole thing's kind of a nightmare to repair since she didn't even have the parts to make the thing properly symmetrical and uniform. Plus, due to having to sort of invent a power source that she'd have access to that would also power the ship's insane requirements, she had to make do with harnessing some bio-engineered strains of Mary's hair - and then wrapping them around some plutonium she obtained (don't ask how). Suffice it to say, it's not exactly a power source they'll find another of lying around if the ship encounters problems.

Strengths: Fast & maneuverable, chameleon plating, powerful weaponry, regenerating, dimension-shifting, size-shifting, telepathic (via a chip in Shodan's spine linking her to the aircraft)
Weaknesses: Bizarre fuel source (Mutant Hair-spooled Plutonium), susceptible to _______, easily detectable, slow and clumsy, unarmed, difficult to repair

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 8, 2016 around 08:51

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: Flashback - Still in the Ragnarok

Slight Flashback

Oh, yeah... I let Sylphid ride to school with me - aboard my awesome spaceship - because I tricked her into helping me build parts of it, and therefore she does, technically, deserve to enjoy its first public flight a little bit. Didn't expect her to poo poo on the occasion by being all emotional and selfish, though. Seems her grandma's a superpowered killer and also the person that nearly killed me too? That really sucks. Both my grandmas think I'm adorable, and they pretend to be interested in my super-science in exchange for me listening to them without rolling my eyes - they're awesome is my basic point, and neither of them want me dead.

I want to be flippant about it, but it actually kinda sucks listening to her explain that her grandmother crippled her mom - the same person that was cooking meals and providing for me these last few months - and that she's coming for her too. Plus, Blue Empress tried to kill me, she's old yet young looking enough that she's clearly using either magic or relativistic travel to extend her age, and Sylphid has basically admitted that she's hosed (despite all her insane powers and magic) without my help. Sooo... guess I'm helping her.

"You're like, one of two actual friends I have on the loving team, I don't want you to die, so yeah... guess I'll help." I tell her, uncrossing my arms as I offer her a big grin... while double checking that I've installed the Anti-grav generator into my trenchcoat, since I don't want to fall to my death when I show off my new ship in, oh, about fifteen seconds. "Get me your Memory Shard or whatever, and I'll review the battle and figure out some way to beat her."

Promise made and jumpzone approaching, I head back towards the bay, opening them via mental command. Time to go skydiving...

Flashback ended. Provide Sylphid used her Team Move, am adjusting Savior +1, Mundane -1.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 9, 2016 around 06:36

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: School Entrance

Are you kidding me?! I land a loving spaceship - one I built by goddamn hand out of busted up junk and scrap metal - on the school grounds, and not ONE of my teammates cares enough to come check it out!? Seriously? I'd be planning on giving everyone a ride in it, but no takers - I'm not "popular" or "liked" enough, because my classmates are all idiots. Guess I should just crash it into the loving school, people would at least pay some attention to me then...

Someone I've never met before speaks up before I have the chance however. From the looks of her (and her name-badge) it's obvious she's a Castle Goon, but she's actually managed to do a couple things right. For starters, she praises the Ragnarok Mk. 1 - and how difficult it was to build given the circumstances, along with mentioning that she's set a lab up for me! Which means obviously I'll need to scan and search the whole thing for bugs, tracers, and subroutines on the machinery - but also means I have a lab again! Sylphid's garage was a poor substitute for one, trust me.

I hop off the top of the ship, utilizing the anti-grav to float gently to the ground, since it's not like she's brought me nothing but good news, and I need to get a little bit closer to her for the plan I've just cooked up to work. See, she's invited my parents here... and I don't want them to show up. I didn't contact them for a host of reasons, but obviously the main one is because I don't want to see them. I have too much to do here to waste time letting them worry over me, and acting all impressed by inventions of mine that I know they don't fully grasp, and wanting to go on nature walks and get me outside to "get some sunshine." Or hear about how badly I've hosed up my interactions with... uh, everyone but Sylphid? Or that I pretty much ruined Mary's life, nearly got the school destroyed, and that everyone here basically hates me...

"Thanks for all you've done for me," I begin atypically cheerfully, smiling in a way that hopefully seems wholly sincere. I mean... I'm not sure if I even actually have an earnest smile, but I'm attempting one. It probably just looks smug or creepy though, that's what people usually say I look like when I'm happy. Oh, and I'm slipping my hand into my pocket for some reason, pay no attention to that. "And I definitely can't wait to see my new lab - but first, you need to call my parents and tell them they can't come after all. I'll leave a voicemail if it reassures them, but I have more important things to do than waste my time on them."

(Rauri-phone) Rolling now, typing up in a bit: Reject Influence
(Rauri-phone) !r 2d6
(Krysmbot) Rauri-phone, 10 = 10
Clear a condition or mark potential by immediately acting to prove them wrong, Cancel their influence and take +1 forward against them.


Oh yeah, I've been hacking her datapad with the phone the hand I asked you to not pay any attention to is holding - because of course I am. Takes me three seconds longer than usual to do it too, which means she's pretty drat good at this sort of stuff. Lets see if she's got any interesting (and perhaps even relevant) secrets...

<Rauri> Unleashing Powers to Hack Lovelace's phone
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+2 = 8
<Rauri> er, datapad not phone, but otherwise cool
Extending senses to include any interesting looking files or messages on her datapad, it's temporary or unstable though~

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 12, 2016 around 02:33

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:
Location: School Entrance

Uhhh, I just take the battery out of my phone? Takes like two seconds, which is only barely less time than it took me to read the whole transcript, and yeah you can't hack a machine that's not turned on without physical access to the device or a mutation or power of some sort. Not too worried for the time being about the device, in other words. No, instead I'm worried about CASTLE, and all these loving secrets they seem so deadset on keeping from me us.

I mean... so many things to try and puzzle out now! Like, who has Doring demonstrated loyalty to? Who is Lovelace connected to - is it Sarah Washington, and if not, who is she? Who thinks they stopped 'The Project' in its tracks - Blue Empress? What's the Godmind project, and why do I feel like I should be in charge of it? Who are 'those bastards' that CASTLE is up against? Why is Lovelace so keen to look out for us, and against who specifically? And what all secrets do they have on each of us, and have on me? It's a ton of new information to process, and I'm absolutely loving it.

Sylphid's back all of a sudden (gotta say, if I'm envious of anything about her, it's her super-speed) asking if she missed anything. Watching Lovelace with seeming disinterest as I lean back against The Ragnarok, I speak up first to explain what's going on "Nah, not really. Lovelace is with CASTLE, she's set-up a lab for me, we were about to go check it out. Isn't that right?" I'm asking for her input, but really it's not like her answer matters. I'm actually studying her, analyzing her, figuring out what makes her tick. If I'm going to get to the bottom of the mysteries around here, she seems a natural place to start.

<Rauree> Pierce Lovelace's Mask
<Rauree> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauree, 9 = 9 +1 from Sylphid's use of team = 10
<ShootaBoy> gj
<KittyEmpress> same result as dragon, high five
Asking "How could I gain Influence over you?", "What are you really planning for the Valkyries?", and "How could I get your character to reveal your secrets to me?"

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 15, 2016 around 21:07

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:
Location: School Entrance

I think I've seen enough of Lovelace to have some clues to work with. While she chats with Sylphid and I deduce exactly what everything I heard, saw, observed, what all of it means, I might as well do something that doesn't require much brainpower, so I guess I'll talk to my teammates. The ones that suddenly give a massive poo poo about the ship that landed on the yard forty eight (thanks brain) seconds ago, for some totally obvious reasons, namely they either need me for something or they're mind-controlled.

Looks like Avatar, Bravura, Jewels, Warp, and Outstrider might be interested in it. It's, well... I like two of those people, so by group standards its a wildly successful composition compared to most. Then again they also ignored me earlier, when I landed the drat thing and did the introduction I'd rehearsed. Am I the type of person to hold something like that against them?

Yup.

Adjusting my complicated but stylish hair real quick while crossing my arms, all the while looking from person to person like they're unfamiliar with the concept of spaceships, guess it's time for speech number two. "Yeah, it's amazing alright," I declare to all of them. "The Ragnarok Mk. 1. It's actually made from ninety-eight point nine percent components from the ruins of the school and my old lab." Thanks to my recent spinal-graft and a few previous procedures I'd done, that's also roughly how human I am compared to cyborg. Just a coincidence though.

I look at Jewels and Avatar for this next bit, not at all mad at either of them - by which I mean I'm obviously pretty loving mad. "I built it after I got out of the hospital two months ago." The one that none of my teammates visited me in but Sylphid and her family. And while, objectively, Avatar is not all that impressed with me at the moment... I thought Jewels and me were cool. It's definitely bugged me she never showed up. "Ah well, at least I built this awesome ship right?" I look towards Jewels specifically now, figuring I can get her to offer praise the most readily.

<Rauri> Provoke Jewels
<ShootaBoy> poo poo has kept me from it for almost a week
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3+3 = 6
Delicious potential.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 17, 2016 around 07:18

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:
Location: Showing off her science fair project

While my team should have been fascinated by the Ragnarok long before they were, I'm going to take what I can get and reward their belated interested that I calculatedly guilted them into with an explanation - one that should also appeal to Lovelace, since I've confirmed she's actually interested in it.

Sometimes I bemoan not having cool fighty powers like my teammates, but you know what? Awesome ship behind me, everything I needed to know about our new Castle liaison deduced with a glance or two, dozens of new inventions lining my pockets... I wouldn't trade my mutation for anything.

Twirling my fingers real quick, I produce an intense laser pointer from up one of the sleeves of my trench-coat and aim it towards the ship, beginning to point out specific features. None of them would notice them without my help, obviously, and that knowledge definitely creeps into my tone of voice. "Two gun-turrets, boosters, drone hangers there and there, several escape pods, a bay door for combat use, shield generators scattered throughout, and I threw about three hundred terabytes of different forms of entertainment into the computers I hooked up - we can definitely have LAN parties while we fly to missions!" Glancing at Dragon and contemplating saying something really cutting, I save it for later and instead add "Oh, and you and Sylphid can fly out of it no trouble, since I want as many other targets in the sky as I can get - this thing is a bitch to repair, even for me."

Explanation over, I'm going to talk to Avatar, since she approached me directly, and maybe even seems kind of apologetic. "Three months, give or take a few hours." I grin at her, since I've just had a brilliant idea - by which I mean brilliant even by my standards! Especially with the Ragnarok on hand and a heaping of guilt, she'll have to recognize that I can handle whatever Nanontech the Singularity consists of. Just think how much I'll be able to upgrade my inventions when I'm able to miniaturize them even more than I have, when I make them self-repairing, maybe install more devices into myself in order to be able to telepathically control them... and maybe she'll actually let me now! Can you just imagine how much fun I'll be able to have with self-replicating explosives?

"Sooo Avatar," I begin, putting an arm around her shoulder. Dammit, all of my teammates actually have muscles. "Wanna let me examine some of your Nanomachines sometime, finally? Please?! It'll totally help me out, which means it helps the team out." It's almost as if I'm saying it in a tone of voice that implies I'll forgive her if she does...

<Rauri> Provoke Avatar
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+3 = 12
<Rauri> yusss, getting closer to Weird Science
We get a team if Avatar says yes, she gets a condition if she refuses.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 22, 2016 around 06:43

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:
Location: Showing off her science fair project

Finally, people are giving me the attention I deserve! It's not quite as good as my Black Friday hack notoriety, but I'll take it - mostly since Avatar's on-board with my plans! That's like... you have NO idea how much I've thought about the Nanotech she has access to. I have a few limited ideas of how they work based on what she's told me, but to have the chance to run tests on them, likely add at least a few dozen advances to my own tech after sufficient time examining them? Of course she'll be there the whole time too, making things even better! Which, uh, I'll need her to make sure the machines are working properly, and maybe provide input. I wonder if she likes old Sci-Fi movies? I can probably show her my torrent collection, maybe she'll like that?

"Ideal!" I respond happily, grinning at my test subject dear friend. Not bothering to inform her what the worst thing that could happen is, I proceed past that cheerfully. "Of course it'll be safe, don't be so fussy. I'll let you know when and where after I've got my new lab setup, but you're definitely a priority - don't go getting yourself hurt between now and then, alright?" I don't want to delay my testing any more than it already has been with all the time I've spent convincing her after all!

Everyone's blathering about the team assignments and being so noisy about it! It's really quite distracting, and since I've got better things to think about, I'm not going to put up with it! "Given Seraphim's departure, two teams is a stupid idea," I inform everyone, as if they should've known that already. Crossing my arms, I roll my eyes whenever anyone makes eye contact with me, since it's time I lay a real truth on everyone and put an end to this stupidy.

"Lovelace, just throw everyone on one team, put Sylphid in charge, Bravura can be second in command 'cuz I guess we're going with Superpowered Affirmative Action, and the rest of us will be fine. My mutation's saying that's the best decision." It isn't, but no one can prove that.

<Rauri> Provoke Lovelace to put all of us on one team, trust me I've run the math on it already, it's the best decision
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3 = 9

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 23, 2016 around 06:31

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:
Location: Showing off her science fair project

Avatar and I have an agreement! She even teases me with the Nanomachines a little bit, and just that small sight sends my brain racing again. Think I noticed a pattern in how they deployed and I think I'm starting to figure out how the nerve relays work... but everyone's being so loving noisy, it's impossible to focus here. Grinning sarcastically at the group, I'd tell everyone to shut up so I can hear myself think, but they'd all just talk over me. Hmmm. I do have some new and improved flashbangs with me...

Watching everyone bicker like this, I'm really wishing I'd had enough time to configure my drones to fetch snacks from the ship - I'd love some popcorn right now.

Finally, when it tips from being mostly funny to mostly annoying - which is around the point when Bravura storms off because of what I said - I speak up. "Everyone realizes the Leadership position is like, some Whose Line Is It Anyways points-type poo poo, right? It doesn't loving matter?" It really, really doesn't take a super genius to figure that out, and maybe me pointing it out will distract everyone from paying attention to me having pissed Bravura off so badly, since she's popular or whatever.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 23, 2016 around 21:56

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:
Location: School Grounds

Well gently caress, that went poorly. It's goddamn weird, but there's some part of me that feels like it was partially my fault - not sure I like that. Really, when you get right down to it, the problem is that my team is made up of thinskinned babies that fail to properly recognize my genius. Unfortunately, they're also the meatshields I need - since they're the ones with cool physical powers that I have to spend like, a trillion hours designing devices to counter or emulate. Meanwhile... nobody's said it, but I'm not stupid. Everyone has to know I was the only person on the team that actually got like, defeated. It deeply, deeply annoys me, but it's totally true - and there's no way that didn't play into the motivations of the rest of the team not visiting me in the hospital.

Basically, I have to get the team working again - because as much as it pains me to say it, I sort of need them.

Bravura, Dragon, Sylphid, Jewels, and Lovelace have all stormed off, leaving Avatar and I by ourselves but with a lot to think about. Cerberus... gotta admit, kinda looking forward to getting to go up against them. One, they sound like dicks - I have issues with the government too, but I'm not terrorizing people about it - and two, I bet they have either a tech-wizard or super genius, and I'd love a proper rival to prove myself superior too.

"Hah, we're the emotionally stable ones somehow - wouldn't have guessed that," I remark to Avatar, smirking since she's in on the joke while I produce a datapad from my trenchcoat. Tapping out a few quick messages on it, I keep explaining things to her as I do. "Anyways, CASTLE has secrets on all of us, and Lovelace actually kinda wants to tell us." I stare at her for a moment, both to express the severity of what I'm saying and also because she's cute to make sure she doesn't need me to talk slower or something. "I know it's not really a /me/ thing to say, but we should probably go easy on her - at least until she's filled us in on what she knows."

txt to Bravura posted:

K, only going to say this once. I'm legit sorry for what I said - I got rekt in our last fight, not you. You're wrong about me having been given everything though - do you have any idea how much time I spend refining my gear and researching upgrades or new tech? At least you're good with a weapon, right? You'd be even better if you weren't using a garbage bow and joke arrows, by the way - I could build better stuff in like, an hour, easy. Would that make things up to you?
When you share a vulnerability or weakness (total reliance on gear she has to spend tons of time on) with someone, give them influence over you, and ask them who they'd like you to be. Mark potential if you show them that person. Add a team to the pool no matter what.

txt to Lovelace posted:

Swear to god if you ever mention this message I'll 9/11 something. I'm sorry for how I acted - both about my parents, and just a sec ago. Two things - 1, right now, the team really has no reason to trust you or listen to you. I kinda do because you picked Lovelace as a name and that's respectable, but others prolly too dumb to know who she was. You should fix that. 2 - I'm linking instructions for how to upgrade the security on your datapad. CASTLE sucks at it - Archivist had same weaknesses in his phone you had, so was easy for me to hack you. Not saying sorry for that though.

txt to Lovelace posted:

Oh yeah, got your contacts list when I hacked you, which is why I know your number.

txt to Lovelace posted:

Still want to show me the lab?
<Mr_Fowl> JJ unexpectedly grabs the #2 seat :P
<Rauri> Support / Comfort Lovelace
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 11 = 11
<Rauri> wow
Adding a team to the pool - Shodan's just added 2 points to our Team Pool.

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 26, 2016 around 20:46

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:
Location: School Grounds -> Studying a dragon cocoon

I look up at Avatar when she suddenly blurts out that she knows how to find Ms. Doring, my eyebrows raised in surprised - though each of them makes their way back down my face when Avatar has to walk her claim back a few times. By the time she's done undercutting expectations, it's still good news though, even if I'm decidedly not as plussed by it as I had been moments ago.

"Research always sounds good to me," I start to assure her, creating and organizing a few new folders on my datapad in preparation for filing away whatever it is we learn. I say we, because I mean c'mon she's talking about investigating things and puzzling out an answer from them - things I excel at, in other words, and she trusts me now so of course she's going to ask for my help. "Maybe we can start that up after I've finished the first round of tests I have in mind for y-"

Suddenly, there's loud, loud, loud, angry, echoey... I'd keep going but you've already gotten the gist. For a split second I actually think we're under attack, and in that moment I'm using my link to the ship to have it take off and am about to pilot it as far away from the school as I can manage when I comprehend that it's just Vermilion Dragon turning into a big volcanic looking cocoon. And while that's immensely confusing, since dragons aren't loving bugs, it's clearly happening - no sense getting outraged about it. With the Ragnarok already starting to take off, I have it hover about a foot off the ground (low enough for me to leap into the bay door), offer a hand in case Avatar wants to come aboard, and then (whether she does or doesn't) I zip off towards where VD and Sylphid are.

Landing the ship on the perfectly cut gross about thirty meters away from my newest subject of scientific inquiry, I walk over towards the pair, staring at whatever the hell's going on with VD with abject wonder. "Did she say anything about this?" I ask Sylphid, producing a few different measuring devices and recording implements from my coat pockets all the while. Turns out Dragon's a lot less scary when she can't stab me in the back (or smash in my face), and I'm kinda hoping she stays this way for a bit - I'm sure to get excellent data on whatever the hell's up with her.

"Don't touch it!" I remark all of a sudden, remembering Sylphid's proclivity for touching things she shouldn't. "It's really hot, in case that's not obvious to you." Truth be told, I just don't want her messing up my data gathering by interfering with the sample. What a truly great day - Avatar and now Dragon are both finally available for me to study them, and I won't mess these opportunities up. Fully focused on my work, I'm adjusting my universal-spectrum-monitor and plugging it into my datapad. Let's see what I can find out about Dragonic cocoons with this big brain of mine..

Got a 13 on an Assess, so asking the following
What here is useful or valuable to me?
What here can I use to learn more about Vermilion Dragon's condition?
What here is in the greatest danger?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

We're already up in the Ragnarok when I get the texts from Lovelace, and I'm having to devote my attention to like a billion different things now. Flying the ship, directing the drones that are running diagnostics on Vermilion Dragon, watching Avatar to see how impressed she is by the interior of my ship, tapping out messages, and oh yeah watching this maniac on TV after one of the scanners detects the massive hack. Good thing I've got such an awesome mutation, because I'm entirely capable of doing all those things at once - entirely because none of them rely on physical coordination, of course, but still badass!

txt to Lovelace posted:

1. No, but sorry. 2. Thanks. OMW back, have them clear the hanger

txt to Bravura posted:

K, initial thoughts - bow needs to be better engineered, need a selectively magnetized bracer and quiver to withdraw only the arrows you want, trick arrows should be designed to be compatible with my gadgets to expand your arsenal + save me time. Thoughts?

Mainly though, I'm watching the news, since it's kinda hard not to after the dude promises to loving depopulate the Eastern Seaboard. Like... I mean, it's definitely an attention getter, but gently caress that, that's beyond psychopathic. My family's from, well Ukraine originally, but anyways they live in upstate New York, near Victoire. And this edgelord rear end in a top hat - seriously, Emperor of Cerberus is just missing a 420 to be the perfect fourteen year old's xbox-live handle - has the nerve to make fun of us, show off that one of those goddamn Spambots survived my remote mines, threaten to kill a hundred million people, and among them my family? All to get millions in diamonds (for a laser array or other device, presumably, the amount he's asking for is pathetically small) and to change some legislation? I mean, I don't like the Godmind Project either, but seriously, this guy is still a loving rear end in a top hat.

"Make sure to save that video," I say aloud, even though its unnecessary - I've already related the command to the Ragnarok's systems via my spinally grafted connection. Pulling my datapad out of my pocket while I glance towards the others, from what the ships sensors are feeding to my brain, we're getting close to landing - so I have to make this quick. "As for this rear end in a top hat... if he thought hacking feeds to pull off this stunt was a good idea, it's because he's never heard of me."

Fingers moving at practically the speed of light as I type away on my datapad, this Emperor dude's not the only one that knows how to break encryption and hijack signals. And while I'm sorely tempted to take over the feed myself to call him out, instead I'll use this time to figure out where he is. Seems smarter, after all - and my family's on the line, I don't have time to showboat as much as I usually do.

<Rauri> Unleashing Shodan's hacking
<JennerCELL> Eat me out you dork. >:3
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8 + 1 = 9
<KittenPhone> I had to explain vore to someone irl once.
Marking Angry to make it not temporary or unstable.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2016 around 07:33

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

I'd respond to Avatar, but my ship loses power and yeah... that's sort of the entirity of my attention at this point. Thank god my mutation calculates how long it'll take us to hit the ground from here the second the lights go out, and it's NOT all that much time. This is bullshit, and I am definitely panicking over it.

"What the gently caress?!" I ask no one in particular, leaping over to the console to try and loving MacGayver a solution together. Where's my backup power? Storms outside or not, I loving built this thing so much better than that - really, it randomly losing power like this makes NO SENSE AT ALL. "And what the gently caress is that?!" There's something in the sky and it just flew right over us!

"Backup power online - how'd you actually manage to gently caress that up?" The computer announces in my voice, since obviously that's the voice I had to record audio cues with. In hindsight, probably shouldn't have done it when I was in such a bad mood.

Motioning for Avatar and Sylphid to strap in with one hand, I take the joystick with the other, using my mental link to the ship to input additional commands as necessary. Targeting and weapons are both back online - and there's an rear end in a top hat up in my sky. From the picture I'm getting in my display, kinda looks like Vermillion Dragon - but since she's in a some weird egg in my ship, can't be her. My brain's screaming that he's got powers similar to hers, though... And, did I ever mention I upgraded my arsenal to tackle Dragon-caliber threats? Because I know I did, but that's a good segue into me aiming the gunturret on the top of my ship at him, opening fire with a hail of lasers as I evasively bring this thing in for a landing.

This is kinda like a video game - which means this guy is hosed if he wants to tangle with The Ragnarok.

Got a 7 directly engage - choosing to avoid counterattack. Unless Sylphid defending counts for this, in which case I'm picking confuse / surprise opponent.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2016 around 08:23

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

"Yeah yeah, plug in or whatever," I wave a hand at Avatar, hoping she knows what she's doing. "Just don't upload anything or gently caress with my settings." I've got waaaay bigger threats to take care of at the moment - like landing the ship and oh yeah, the dragon man that I apparently rolled on the random encounter table. It's especially bullshit because it's not like he's carrying treasure with him, so so much for the Manual recommended triple standard. Erm, yes, of course I know that off the top of my head, why would you ever doubt that?

Basically, we need to land near the school, and that's hard with this rear end in a top hat chasing us - even with me piloting and Sylphid distracting him. Hijacking every local signal in the city with a couple mouseclicks and keystrokes, I grin towards the camera I have setup in the cockpit as we start to descend, since I'm now live on every TV-Station, internet stream, facebook video, radio station, Valkyries internal comms... you name it, I've hacked it. This ship's sort of designed for that sort of thing, and I'm very, very good at hacking - but I rarely get to show that off anymore. It won't last long, but it should be enough to get a short message out.

<Rauri> Unleash Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3 =9
It's temporary, but that should be all Shodan needs to alert the school + those on the interstate to what's going on. Feel free to have your PCs hear it if you'd like, garble it up if that's fun.


"So yeah, Cerberus are a bunch of lying assholes - no surprise there - and there's some dragon guy trying to wreck my amazing ship. He totally started it. Good things he sucks." All things considered, there may be better spokespeople for the Valkyries than me... but I'm the one they've got. Luckily I look incredibly cool in this trenchcoat, so that's a plus. "Everyone on the interstate and towards the Institute, look out above! Coming in for a landing!"

Trying to land as close to the school as I can, I'm directing that with half my impressive brainpower... and using both turrets on the ship to put holes in the wings of this Trogdor Dragon Man jerk that's pursuing me with the other half, the one that's trying to hurt Sylphid. I've played a lot of games, and if there's anyone on Earth that's qualified to formulate plans to take down dragons, at this point it's definitely me. Let's see how this fucker feels about having his wings perforated and a half mile fall, because that's what he's getting.

<Rauri> Directly Engage Trogdor
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3=9
<Rauri> suck it dragon man
Avoiding counterattack and taking something from the opponent - his wings (provided Yami spends team as discussed in irc).

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2016 around 06:18

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

What the gently caress, lady??? Way to have absolutely no situational awareness. I've got two choices here. One's to just barrel into them and chalk it up to collateral damage / Darwin Awards material. They're totally in the way, and I literally did all I could to warn people - it won't be my fault, basically. When I hit them, and...

OK, onto my second choice, since it's the only real one. Time to potentially sacrifice hundreds of hours of my loving work and the thing I'm proudest of to protect some idiots that literally couldn't build the Ragnarok, or any of my simple gadgets, if you gave them a billion years. Sigh and double sigh.

"BUCKLE UP!" I announce to... well, basically nobody. Avatar's doing her own thing, VD's in the bay being useless as can be, and Sylphid just got bodyslammed and there's nothing I can do but hope she's alright. Doubly ironic since I, in fact, am not strapped into anything right now - little too used to not needing controls to pilot this thing, so I'm just standing in the midst of the cockpit, using my fingers and mind to move the Ragnarok like I've been conducting a symphony. It is, potentially, time for the crescendo here.

This thing has a fuckload of boosters on it - I designed it to be as fast as can be, because I'm not used to people being able to keep up with me when I'm focused on something. It's time to put them to good use. We're low to the ground, but I'm really good at this poo poo and I built my ship from scratch - time to save these people, my ship, and I guess the first if I have to pick.

<Rauri> Unleash Ragnarok's Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3 + 3 = 6
<Rauri> :x
<ShootaBoy> womp
<ShootaBoy> krysm giveth and krysm taketh
<Rauri> k, someone spend team or I wipe out a minivan with mom + kids in it
If I get a team, temporarily boosting to avoid them. If not, well, we'll see what happens.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

So yeah, I make the landing. Nobody dies, my ship doesn't get trashed, and that leaves me... where, exactly? Since the highway runs right past the Institute, I've managed to land inside the walls - had to crash through the gate to do it, and messed up a few of the flowerbeds (and a statue of Ms. Doring) along the way. But more specifically I'm picking myself up off the floor of my ship, looking rather annoyed for a whole host of reasons.

Sylphid's missing, and the ship's going to need a bit to recharge before I can use it again - I'm better off leaving it here for now, but I don't want to. I built it by hand, and I swear it's as if the universe wants to destroy it. Also, VD's missing, along with tons of the gear I had stored in the bay. It seems she decided to repay me carting her around by wrecking dozens of hours of time and effort, which sounds characteristic of my teammates. Also, and this is totally minor compared to the others, but... what the hell is the rest of the team doing? I gave a cool rousing speech, and no one cares?! No one contacts me?!

Guess that's why I just sit in the cockpit of my powered down ship for a second, running through variables and everything that's going on, tapping my finger against my temple as I let my amazing brain work. Think I'm safe for a second, and I'd like to have a plan that isn't just us panicking - and once I do, I'm going to, I dunno, Assume Direct Control and broadcast it to the rest of the Valks.

<Rauri> Assess the Valk's Situation
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6 + 3 = 9
How could I best infuriate or provoke Kaehi? What here is in the greatest danger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Aboard the Ragnarok

OK, so he is or was at the Observatory. Located near the very outskirts of town, it's near certain that he just took one of the transmitters there and used it terrestrially instead of broadcasting signals into space to make contact with alien civilizations. Which is... OK, I may not to seem to give a poo poo about a whole lot, but I love science SO much. Hell, my brain's basically mutated to collect reliable data for me - it's like a Genius shortcut, sure, but it's all been in service of me improving my understanding of the universe (and one-upping myself). And this terrorist rear end in a top hat is not only attacking the city and insulting us, but he just interfered with some super awesome science. Yeah, this just became personal - and I know where he is.

Not that that matters at the moment. Avatar got hurt somehow, which is scary - she's a billion times tougher than me, so something has to be wrong! The second I notice her I scramble out of my seat, kneeling down at her side, hands scrambling towards pocketed gadgets as I observe her symptoms.

Activating my telepathic link to the ship, I'm not playing around anymore. Several arms extend out of the wall to play nurse and hold gear for me, and that's not all. Utilizing every connection I can again, I broadcast all over the Valk's base, determined that someone actually loving answer me this time. "This is Shodan - where the hell are my teammates?! I made a semi-crash landing right near the front gate. If you can hear this come quick, Avatar needs help!"

While I've been frantically issuing orders to the lesser students I've been as urgently looking her over for symptoms. There has to be something I can do - her tech's advanced, sure, but this is an emergency and I might need an act of genius to help her. Thank Science we're in my ship, since I'm totally in control here. "C'mon Avatar you'd better not be too hurt - you're one of the only ones on the team I actually like!"

<Rauri> Unleash Powers to diagnose and help Avatar
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7 + 3 = 10
Noting that Angry clears at the end of the scene since I totally shot that dumb dragon up~

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2016 around 07:24

  • Locked thread
«2 »