Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?

Freak: 1| Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

In the old days I would have been dead on my feet about this time of night especially after so little sleep. But given the rather intense nature of the training Archangel had put me through I was ready to fight. After all to use the excuse he gave me "you don't always pick your fights. Sometimes your fights pick you." So you've got to be ready at any time and any place to fight. As for the rest i've always found copious amounts of coffee to be an effective pick me up. Didn't dare go to overboard though. I didn't want to get the jitters. Still if we are tired then the bad guy can only be more tired still. He to contend with the sting of defeat as well. Which might make him sloppy stupid.

-----------

Or maybe not. I was tempted to blame Shodan like some of the others obviously were but it really wasn't her fault. I was quite impressed with her flying actually we came in low to avoid any sensors he may have had and that kind of flying takes both skill and nerves of steel. Of course he was waiting so chances are that impressive display of skill won't get the reward it deserved. Of course that didn't solve the immediate problem. How to get out of the plane. I could just draw on the powers of one of the others to get me down safely but I'm not sure jogging their metaphorical elbow with me draining some of their power is a good place to start. No I'll have to do this the old-fashioned way. If only I'd remembered to bring some rope or a zip line or something. Oh well something to consider for next time. Never hurts to have a back up. As it is I dropped cautiously off the side of the jet. It wasn't a particularly spectacular entrance. Although I liked to think it looked kind of cool the way I rolled to a stop after hitting my knees to bleed off some momentum and then rising to one knee to scan the area for anything my teammates may have missed in their haste to engage the enemy directly.

[21:47] Ferrosol asessing the situation
[21:47] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[21:47] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
asking what here is the biggest threat. And how can we end the fight quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Distraction eh? I was trying to think of something with very little success. When our own 8ft tall dragon girl made the problem moot. Although I would have preferred a distraction that DIDN'T LEAVE ME DANGLING above a gap in the floor. As for the rest while I wouldn't go out of my way to kill someone I wouldn't cry my eyes out if Sciromancer ended up in the morgue rather than a jail cell. But right now I should be more interested in making sure I stay out of the morgue.Reaching out I tapped a little of Sylphids power to use the winds to slow my descent it was a trick that i'd picked up from working with Archangel and normally I'd ask permission before messing with someone elses powers but in an emergency like this forgiveness is more of an importance than this.

"Hey watch where your fighting. you drat near killed us all ." I snarled as Vermillion came down with a thump. "Look before you leap."

00:18] Ferrosol provoking Vermilion
[00:19] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10
asking vermillion to fight less recklessly

Ok at least that distracted him. I shouted at myt teammates "everyone on him now."

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2016 around 00:27

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Well that went south pretty fast. Where the hell did those Feds come from... CASTLE huh I've never had the pleasure of running into them personally but I know Adam had and from some of the curses I'd heard from him about them I doubt it was a pleasant one. A theory confirmed by the way he treated my team-mates. I mean I have my own suspicions about Avatar but that isn't an excuse to throw an EMP grenade in their face. I mean I may not like my team-mates but I'm not letting some prick from the government stomp all over them. Assuming he is actually from the government at all. I mean he had the cheap storebought suit and the mass produced men in black 3 sunglasses but there was no proof. Anyone with zero fashion sense could dress like that.

Still if it did come down to violence I intended to be ready. I'd like to see him try and counter my powers the prick. So I'd make him my primary target the others could handle his henchgoons. "Hey rear end in a top hat can we see a badge or something and preferably not one of those ones in gold foil with chocolate inside. Also I'd like to see a warrant you can't barge in here and arrest people. That's our job."

[21:34] Ferrosol provoke the archivist
[21:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[21:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Steranko Hall, Room 304

Bluh? what the hell was that? Oh it's just Gwen. Sorry I'm conditioned when I hear a yell to come running since thats kind of the way Archangel trained me. Speaking of Archangel he woke me up at 3AM in the bloody morning! I'd only just drifted off to sleep when he came in through the window. Why he can't just knock on the door like a normal person I don't know. Either that or send me an e-mail or text message would do. He says it's too much risk of interception but I think there are times when he just likes to annoy and test me to see how I react. And for what "oh by the way one of your teammates is coughing up blood as a side effect of the alien tech that's grafted onto his body, get me a blood sample ok?" when I asked him how I was supposed to do that he just smiled one of those smug little smiles and suggested I figure it out myself. Which would be fine but 3am in the morning is not the best time for thinking.

I yawned and stretched there wasn't any explosions so whatever it was can wait. I stumbled to "life" like a zombie made by some third rate Frankenstein knock-off. "ugh stop yelling please." I sleepily complained as my eyes settled on Gwen's steaming hot mug. "At least pour me some of that and I'll stop inventing ways to kill you for waking me up." I half jokingly threatened.

Taking the mug from her I practically inhaled it rather than drank it and feeling something closer to human turned and said "now what's so important to be yelling about at this time of the day. "

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

"GEMM, GEMM, GEMM. No doesn't ring any bells for me." I replied. Jewels might know more but she's understandably close mouthed about her time. Can't say I blame her. "Misfits though that rings a bell from somewhere." I frowned thoughtfully. I'd heard that name somewhere but where? It was definitely bugging me. "Can't quite place where though." I shrugged. "If I remember i'll get back to you." When she mentioned about someone coming in I stood stock still for a moment. I don't want to lie to my roommate but at the same time I have a job to do. I mean I didn't think Avatar would do anything to deliberately hurt anyone but with all that alien tech who knows what she might do to hurt someone. "Umm no why would you think someone was in the room?" I said trying to sound innocent and not too defensive. "I certainly didn't hear anyone."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

"With Avatar who knows. I mean how human is she still anyway?" I said rhetorically "I don't mean that as an insult it's just all that alien tech can't be healthy...." I trailed off. Healthy, healthy, healthy. Hang on that's it! I know how I can get the blood sample. The medical labs took samples of our blood for our medical records. You can bet I'll find some of Avatars blood there. That should do to satisfy Archangel. I didn't like having to spy on her like this but this way she'd never even know. Of course then I had to figure out how to get into the medical storage and find her blood. But at least it was a plan. I could almost kiss Gwen for giving me the idea but that would just be weird with the two of us being roommates and all.

"So" I said feeling much more brightly now I had a plan and a hot tea waking me up " what do you have planned for today?" I asked. Hoping she didn't notice I'd changed the subject from her original question about our nocturnal visitor.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Infrimary

This couldn't have worked out better if I'd planned it. While Gwen's in for whatever the doctors want with her I'm left to cool my heels in the swanky new medical wing. The place is so shiny and new it doesn't even have the institutional smell of bleach yet. The security seems pretty tight but even in a place as new as this you can bet there'll be holes in it. And It's not like I'd be after the controlled substances or anything so the security should be correspondingly lower right? I just need to find those holes and then I can get my hands on Avatar's blood and no one need be any the wiser right.

I ambled around pretending to look at the various medical doohickeys. What do they even use that thing with a laser on for anyway? I idly wondered but really casing the joint for any obvious security there had to be cameras at least or something right.

[12:29] Ferrosol assessing the situation
[12:29] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[12:29] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+2 = 6
marking potential at least and using be mindful of my surroundings to ask what here is the greatest danger?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Infrimary

My respect for whoever thought up the security of this place goes up a notch. I can't even be mad at them. They seem to have thought up everything. I can't believe they even lock everything up with voiceprint locks of all things. Still there has to be a way in somehow.... "What are you doing?" A voice pops up. Mary why did it have to be Mary? I can't remember what her super hero name was supposed to be but it's hard to forget her powers. She's got Super-Hair. It's got incredible tensile strength and she can do things with the fine control of it that make it quite a threat. She should have been a shoe-in for the team if it wasn't for some people. *cough* Shodan *cough* making a constant stream of terrible jokes about her powers. Saying she's gonna need to be in peak conditioner to be part of the team, that she might be hair today gone tomorrow, that she might have to Dye another day. It was pretty funny. But she got pretty thin-skinned about all the insults and took a swing at her and I think that was why she was cut. Ugh see even I can't help it.

Of course the other reason she got cut is she can't keep a secret to save her life. She'll blab anything she knows to anyone you ask. "Just waiting for Gwen" I said pleasantly. "She shouldn't be long, I thought I'd just get to know what the facilities are like I've always been fascinated by medical stuff like this" I lied. "I don't think I've ever seen an infirmary like this before. Hell some of this stuff probably isn't even in hospitals yet." I smiled. "So what are you doing here? Got hurt doing something stupid or is it just a check up?" I asked.

[19:10] Ferrosol piercing maries mask
[19:10] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[19:10] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5 = 5

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Infrimary

I looked at Marie at she looked at me. We must have had identical looks of horror. "What the hell was that?" I gasped out. "Go find Mrs Doring now and tell her what we just heard. She needs to know about this before anyone else." I turned back towards the door Gwen was in a private room but this was an emergency.
I looked at the door drat it was locked. I hurried over and knocked as loudly as I could scraping my knuckles off the door as I did so. Something I barely even noticed. When the door finally opened "Gwen we have a problem. Looks like Sciomancer's escaped or been broken out by something or someone. We've got a major situation on our hands. I've let Mrs Doring know but you might want to drop your medical or what have you and get ready to move." I spoke urgently.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Infirmary

I was just explaining what had happened when the power cut off. I mean I don't really know where Mary got the phone from and well I only have her word that it was Shodans and that Shodan stole it from the agent. But when the power went off everyone leapt into action. Mrs Louis included as she headed straight for the surface. I was left with a dilemma I could loot the supply cupboard and acquire a blood sample from Avatar. No one would know and it would help find out what was wrong with her maybe even help the world. But there were people in danger out there and I'd be abandoning them. I was supposed to be hero. I'm ashamed to admit it but I dithered. I didn't take the immediate and obvious choice. I didn't realise the truth.

I am a hero and hero's save people in danger. There are times when you have to forget about the greater good and start looking to help the people who need you. Perhaps if Gwen hadn't been there... But then I suspect she's a much better person than I am. She immediately rushed for the exit and I couldn't help but follow.
"I'm fine thanks," I replied "Ok then let's go." as we moved I said. "Do you suppose this is related to Scriomancers escape? He wouldn't come after us for revenge, would he?"more thinking aloud than expecting a response.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

"poo poo!" I swore, This was the last thing I expected. Mary had apparently gone crazy and got a power up from somewhere. Oh well at this point I'm probably supposed to make some really clever pun about split ends or something like that. But I may be a hero but I'm not that kind of hero. I'm the kind that does what has to be done so that no one has to get hurt. I reached out instinctively for power and found it in Mary.

[00:20] Ferrosol directly engage
[00:20] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[00:20] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9-1 = 8
taking something from them

Endless amounts how could she control it even trying draw on a fraction of it was taxing me. This was my first attempt to draw power from an enemy rather than friend but I didn't worry about that. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply and felt rather than saw my hair extend and reach for the tendrils encircling Mrs Lewis's neck. Focussing all my will through my hair (which was way weirder than I can put into words.) I felt my hair tangle with Mary's and begin some weird sort of tug of war and finally with an almighty heave ripped the tendrils from around Mrs Lewis's neck. "Mary stop this before innocents get hurt, you want to be respected to be liked? You don't get liked for hurting people who've done nothing wrong.." I yelled as I tried to battle the overwhelming power she was emitting where the heck had she got that kind of power. If it had been visible it would have been downright blinding...

00:31] Ferrosol provoking Mary
[00:31] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:31] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10
trying to get Mary to back off and think for a minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

I thought I had her. But I guess she was smarter than I thought. Or at least smarter than me. Rather than fighting to pull me back she let me pull her forward and turn the movement into a charge a clever trick and if I live through this fight one i'll have to remember for my own use. But right now I had to survive the next thirty seconds which looked easier said than done until the water started pouring down. It took me a moment to register where it was coming from a moment that Mary didn't take continuing her charge.

[22:52] Ferrosol taking a powerful blow
[22:53] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[22:53] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3 = 3
marking potential

Fortunately the slipperiness of the now wet floor caused the already unbalanced Mary to slip and stumble and I was able to sidestep out of the way just enough that she slammed right into the wall next to me rather than putting me face first through it. She shook her head as if to clear the pain she must be feeling as I backed away considering my next move. I couldn't really match her in a straight up fight. Not even with Gwen's help. So I'd have to fight smart and dirty. Use my head for something other than holding up my hair. Frantically scanning the room I looked for something anything to give me an edge....

[23:00] Ferrosol assess the situation
[23:00] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[23:00] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8
asking how can i end this quickly? and what here is in the greatest danger?

• Locked thread