Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Well, Sylphid can think she's the leader. But that doesn't mean she knows best, and when I know better I'll just do whatever we need to. But I don't have to for now, because her instructions are totally on point as we all look around to try and figure out whats going on with the plane and spot The Sciromancer again. You'd think he'd learn being all about the scientific method and poo poo, isn't trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results like, the opposite?

Anyway, mission punch The Sciromancer is a go! I get to the emergency door on the plane and punch it open -technically I turned the handle enough to start it opening and then punched it the rest of the way open so no one could blame me for breaking it- and climb out onto the plane by sinking my fingers into the metal surface -whoops so much for the not breaking the plane thing- until I'm standing on top. From there I take a second to snigger at Sylphid's completely disastrous attack, and leap off to do an elbow dive direction onto The Sciromancer! As I plummet towards him I give Sylphid a little yell, "Hey Sylphy, this is how you do an aerial attack!"

<godfish> directly engage the sciromancer (frustrate Sylphid by being better)
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 11+3 = 14
<godfish> bwahahaha
I'll create an opportunity for the team and resist his blows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Tch! I kick off the ground to flip away from the energy blast, though even what of it that did hit me didn't have any effect. Still a bit weird to think about not having to worry about taking most attacks. The jump might ave been a bit too strong, since I've landed on the far side of the factory roof, in time to see The Sciromancer with an arrow in his eye(!) blasting Bravura off the roof!!! Oh hell no! I sprint forward, aiming to pluck her to safety when Sylphid gets there first, that stupid interfering, gah! At least she's safe.

Time to turn my attention back to The Sciromancer then! I'm not entirely sure how he countered that last attack, but that doesn't really matter. I'll put him down before he can attack Bravura again! I squat down to sink my fingers into the roof of the factory, sending a series of cracks splintering along the length and pry up a large chunk of concrete. Holding it in both hands, I charge the rest of the way forward and swing it at him from the blindside created by Bravura's arrow!

<godfish> directly engage again!
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+2 = 9
Protecting my love for a +1 to make that a 10
I will impress/surprise/frighten The Sciromancer and resist his blows

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I give Bravura a thumbs up and a big grin in return for her thanks right as Vermillion decides to blast the ground out from under us for some reason. Shifting my footing around a little, I just surf down the landslide of broken concrete into the room that has Shodan and Avatar and a bunch of suits. Not entirely sure who they are, but Shodan and Avatar both look pretty angry so I guess they're like, The Sciromancer's goons or something? I'm about to move in to help them when Sylphid pops up to say they're CASTLE and I can feel my blood freeze.

loving CASTLE, here? No this is bad, loving gently caress! They're top level Government which means they were either behind or knew about what those bastards did to me and my sister, or else they completely failed to save over a hundred kidnapped children. Every part of me wants to hurt them, to make them pay for what they did or let happen to me, but I force myself back, shifting behind one of the larger pieces of Sciromancer Tech to stay out of sight.

....At which point Avatar attacks one of the Agents. I have no idea what to do about that, until something happens, some kind of invisible explosion, and he starts threatening her. gently caress. That. Noise. I charge forward, smashing whatever piece of tech I was behind to pieces as it falls to the floor, and put myself squarely between this fuckhead and Avatar. "Back the gently caress off doucheface! Who the hell do you think you are, anyway? CASTLE? Lets seem some loving proof, anyone can say they're a CASTLE agent if they want to, thats about as believable as saying your loving Garbo the Martian Shapeshifter. So prove it or get the gently caress away from my team!"

<godfish> provoke agent doucheface
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 10+2 = 12
prove he's CASTLE + has authority or

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Well probably the three of us got summoned because I was the most offensive to the so called CASTLE Agent, Avatar attacked him and Sylphid did a completely dreadful job of trying to lead the team, so we're all gonna get chewed out. The only thing thing that explanation misses is why Vermilion isn't here, since she also attacked quote Agent endquote Foster. No one is talking, least of all our oh so successful leader, leaving me plenty of time to continue dwelling on that meeting. Mainly that as far as I can tell, the government, if those actually were CASTLE, and they were receiving up to date intel on us -which they probably were since that douchenugget had some kind of anti-Avatar grenade- they don't know about my real secret. So, things are pretty good on that score! Just wish I'd punched some answers out of him.

Getting tired of the silence, I let out a loud yawn and stretch. "You recovering alright from yesterday Avatar?" I give Avatar a friendly pat on the back -very gently- then look sideways at Sylphid, barely holding back a slight smirk. "How badly do you think Doring's gonna chew you out for yesterday Sylphy?"

<godfish> provoke Sylphid
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+3 = 10
<godfish> snerk
<Rauri> hahaha
Trying to get Sylphid flustered and off balanced for the meeting with Doring.
Add a team to the pool if are, if you don't mark a Condition.

GodFish fucked around with this message at Mar 3, 2016 around 06:37

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

“It was dark out and I went to bed afterwards. That was last night. Also, that was a really pedantic point to try and make.” I smirk a little, yup, totally under her skin. “If you’re the leader, maybe you should have backed up Bravura when Vermillion was giving her poo poo for shooting at a super villain. Or moved to project Avatar from the person claiming to be a government agent that attacked her.”

Avatar agrees with me as well, excellent. “‘Agent’ Foster obviously wanted a fight though, he was trying to provoke Shodan and had a weapon specifically designed for Avatar. Nothing any of us did changed their opinion they went in with one fully formed. But it was nice of you to stand up for them instead of us.” Maybe I’m being too harsh, but I don’t like this area, its putting my nerves on edge. Too many smooth walls, florescent lights and adults standing around looking professional. One of the rooms I saw into was full of rows and rows of file cabinets. I don’t have anything against file cabinets, but the image reminded me of the rows of tanks. I shudder a bit thinking back on it. "How far to Doring's office anyway?" I ask irritably.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

"I'm just saying you could have done the same thing by moving to protect Avatar from Foster instead of Foster from Avatar. You'd be between them either way, but the difference means a lot." The conversation gets cut a bit short when we finally arrive and Sylphid is directed into Ms. Doring's office. Wait, why did she bother to call us if we weren't going to be going inside with her! I didn't come here to stand around outside the door. I glare moodily at the door for a moment, before the former Sylphid finally breaks the silence.

"Yeah, I'm Jewels, this is Avatar." Sylphid told me all about her powers and stuff, but its supposed to be a secret, so I should pretend I don't know about that to her mom, yeah. And she's asking us how 'Caroline' is doing. Uuuugh. "Yeah, she's doing pretty good..." What? Trying to get her in trouble with Doring by being riled up is one thing, but I'm not about to sell her out to her mom. Besides, old Sylphid is obviously looking for someone to compliment her daughter. "She could work on the politics side of things, but the mission went well. Aside from Vermillion being kind of trigger happy, but I don't think anyone could have stopped that. She's not you yet, but she'll get there."

<godfish> comfort Mrs. Veras
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9-1 = 8
this roll was supposed to fail.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Uh.... crap, she wasn't supposed to take it like that! "No, I mean, she just needs..." Oh forget it. Avatar basically says what I was going for, and we're getting called into the office. If she reacted that badly to what I said the first time I don't think I'm going to be able to make it any better. I head into the office with Avatar, sighing slightly. I take a seat, looking intently at Ms. Doring and trying to read the situation. What kind of mood was she in, and how would I be able to get the leader position?

<godfish> pierce doring's mask (frustrate sylphid)
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5 = 5
<godfish> thereeeee we go
Potential get

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

By the time she's finishes, I'm just staring at Ms. Doring with a look of outraged horror on my face. There was like, two things she said that weren't objectionable. It takes a moment to pull my mouth shut enough to start talking, but when I do, it bursts out. "WHAT!?! You can't do that! First, Vermilion practically attacked Bravura last mission, you can't put the two of them together with no one who could stop her if she freaks out like that again, and second, even if you think Sylphid is a better leader then me, which she isn't, there's definitely no one of those four who're prepared for the job!" I glare in her direction, fixing her with my best sternly leaderish expression. "You either need to swap me with Vermilion or Bravura with someone here, it wouldn't be safe. Actually, I'm pretty sure the three of us," I gesture at everyone but Sylphid. "Were the ones the least happy with Sylphid's leadership -no offense- so you're giving her the team least likely to follow her instructions. You should swap Bravura with Sylphid, make me the leader of Blue team and her the leader of Red team, and leave it at that." Perfect solution, Sylphid would have a team that'd listen to her, I'd be able to keep Bravura safe and I'd be a team leader, like I should be.

<godfish> provoke Doring, +1 for protecting lover
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+3 = 12
<godfish> :O

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry

Rejecting Influence
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7 = 7
Doring Spent her Influence to make that a 5, Labels shift + potential


I glare at Ms. Doring. Not only did she completely ignore that it was my idea in favor of Sylphid, she also COMPLETELY IGNORED THE ACTUAL CONTENT of the idea! I try not to even listen to the bullshit she’s spouting about teamwork because if she isn’t going to listen to me I don’t see why I should listen to her, but… she has a point, sort of. NOT THAT I DID TAKE MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS, mind you. Or attacked the government rear end in a top hat supervillains even when one of them attacked my teammate. So this is all POINTLESS but yeah, its us vs the enemy, not me. Yeah. Got it.

Doesn’t stop me complaining at her again as soon as she’s finished though. “Hold on! You just completely ignored the actual reasoning behind everything we just said, and the point you made a few minutes ago! Keeping Bravura with Vermillion is dangerous for her, and you’re still leaving two of the three people least satisfied with how Sylphid runs things on her team, that’s setting her up to fail. AND you said yourself that you wanted one of each of the powerhouses,” that’d be me and Vermillion for those not keeping track, “on different teams.”

“If you’d actually bothered to listen to anyone besides Sylphid, you’d have done like I suggested and swapped her for Bravura. Avatar and Shodan,” I point at each of them, “have worked fine with the team so far, its just Sylphid they’ve been butting up against, but Vermillion actively attacked the team, so if you want to give Sylphid a leadership challenge you should put her there to try and nip that problem in the bud, while still keeping Bravura safe and the rest of us would be in a functional team.”

<godfish> provoking doring again +1 from rejected influence
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+3 = 12
<godfish> .... pfff
<godfish> forgot the +1 from protecting love also
Due to unrejected Influence, roll goes to 11, then because of the shifted labels, 10, then back up to 11 from Protecting Bravura

GodFish fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2016 around 20:42

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty

Frankly, that just makes me angrier. Because my anger was entirely justified, and now Doring is acting like my accurate words hurt her! She doesn't have any business being hurt by what I have to say, isn't she supposed to be the teacher?! But no, and now I have to feel bad for hurting her, and still justifiably angry! I sit in sullen, irritated and uncomfortable silence as she dismisses us, and I guess I'm back rooming with Avatar. Whatever, clearly I'm not getting this solved today.

Once dismissed, I stand up and head for the door immediately. At the door, I turn back to look at Ms. Doring, giving her a look of confused frustration before I leave, moving past the former Sylphid and anyone else in the office.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

I don’t know a lot about Avatar, but she’s got some kind of alien cyborg stuff going on, I think. Anyway, she attacked Foster so she’s pretty much cool in my book. As for why she’s quiet around me, isn’t she just… quiet all the time? I mean its not like I know how she acts when I’m not around, because I’m not around. Well one thing is for certain, her sense of decoration isn’t quiet! Which is a good thing, because mine is.

The decorations I had in my old room was… a framed photo of me and Juliet. I have it on the little nightstand at the head of my bed. Elsewise in the room I have a dresser full of clothes, a yoga mat on my side of the floor, an incredibly dense punching bag hanging from the ceiling that still bursts if I punch it very hard at all, and four pairs of fluffy slippers because your feet can never be too comfortable. The only other real bit of personality on my side is that my bed is covered in about a foot of pillows and cushions.

When I saw how much stuff Avatar had, I told her to put as much on my side as she wanted, and I finally got around to breaking out the couple packages of christmas lights I’d bought ages ago and never used, and strung those up across the ceiling for nicer lighting. I should do something with Bravura, yeah… I’d like to. But I’m having a hard time working up the willpower to do it. Currently, I’m laying in my bed of cushions staring up the lights strung across the ceiling.

Eventually, I type up a text and send it.

@Bravura posted:

Want to go into town tonight?
Celebrate ‘successful’ first mission?

Getting out of the base would help me stop dwelling on Doring’s stupid, injured expression at our last meeting. Rolling over in the pillows, I see Avatar staring at me. Bit awkward. Maybe she was just spacing out as well? I cast around for a subject, “so… odds on the Archivist actually being dead?”

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Avatar is just... staring more, sort of blankly, I guess she is spaced out. I don't push her for a response yet because I get a text back and its... Not exactly what I was looking for. A team night out. Oh. Joy. I'd really rather spend time with just Bravura, but I guess if we're going to be an effective team, or even half of one, we need to get to know each other, and we won't if we don't hang out at all. Grimacing, and letting out a sigh, I valiantly sacrifice my date night and type out a text to everyone except Bravura and Avatar.

@Shodan, Sylphid, Seraphim, Fission, Vermillion posted:

Heading into town to relax after our first mission
inviting the whole team
want to come?

Then I push myself up right and look at Avatar, who only just is responding with a vague non-connected reply, she must have been seriously out of it. "Hey Avatar," I start with that to get her attention first, "you want to head into town? Doing a hang out thing with everyone for some team building or something."

@Bravura posted:

Meet at the school entrance?

GodFish fucked around with this message at Mar 17, 2016 around 06:17

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

"Dunno really. Just town in general I guess. Hit a pizza place, watch a movie or something? Figure we go once I hear back from anyone else." I tap the screen of my phone a couple times impatiently, then slowly pull myself out of my tomb of cushions, stand up. I don't really have anything I feel like changing into, my usual outfit is good for hanging out and for fighting. So with nothing else to be doing, I end up watching Avatar pull on her shirt, and thinking. She'd gotten her share of complaints from Sylphid I expect, and its weighing on my mind a bit that my arguments about the team balance regarding her could have come off as more of the same. "Hey Avatar...." I turn to face my bed, adjusting the pillow pile and plumping up some that I'd been laying on, feeling distinctly awkward. "For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing, attacking the Archivist. I don't believe that 'reform' crap, the guy was clearly in charge of the other people and he had a weapon specifically made for you. If The Sciromancer didn't fake his death so the two of them could run off I'll be shocked."

<godfish> comfort/support Avatar
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 8-1 = 7

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

I perk up a little as Avatar responds, starting to tell me something abouuuuuuuut that was an explosion! I dive for the ground, instinctively aiming to pull Avatar down first to shield her from any blast. I know she can protect herself nearly as well as I can anyway, but I don't know if that's an instant sort of thing, and, its habit to try and protect people anyway! But there doesn't seem to be anything happening in our room, aside from the lights going off and what feels like several of my pillows falling on top of me.

"What the hell was that?" I mutter more to myself than to Avatar, though I certainly wouldn't mind if she had an answer, and slowly stand up, pulling my phone out and switching on the flashlight app. Yeah, a bunch of my pillows have been scattered around the room, but otherwise it looks fine, more or less. "somethings in the vents..." I stare up at the vent for a moment, thinking. Considering the explosion just happened, anything in it can't be something innocent, like say a student trying to get out of here. So I jump up, grabbing the hook I have my punching bag hanging from with one hand, I push the vent grating aside like soft butter with the other, and shine my flashlight inside.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Its... some kind of... teeth hair monster? I've fought some weird things since I got my powers - maybe not anything exactly this weird though - so it isn't that much of a concern. The real concern here is what the hell its doing inside our school/vents/MY ROOM! I have to curb my first instinctual reactions as it lunges at me, all of which would involve trashing our room, which leaves me dropping flat on to the floor through the entwining hair things at the same time as Avatar stabs at it.

"Its made of hair or something, try cutting it!" I shout out my advice to Avatar as I reach up from my position on the ground and grab two handfuls of hair, fairly close together, and pull hard, ripping the clump of hairs apart. Stabbing and punching a ball of hair doesn't seem very productive, after all!

<godfish> directly engage
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 4+2 = 6
I am unsure if the opportunity from Avatar's attack gives me a bonus or not? If yes, 7. If not, potential


That voice... and the hair... Is that hair-girl? Uh... Whatever her name was M.... Martha? Margret? M...Mary? But I'm pretty sure Mary didn't have telepathy or hair+tooth golem powers. At least she never mentioned it, and she really wanted to be on the team. She didn't seem insane either, so was this her? Hard to say. Honestly I thought her powers were pretty cool though. Before they were tooth-hair monster powers, anyway. Its about this point that it occurs to me that ripping off a bunch of hair from a remotely controlled hair golem might not be the best plan. Depending on how it was being controlled. Hmm.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Guilty

"gently caress!"

Taking a powerful blow
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+1 = 8
provoking a teammate


Its not like it hurts, but getting smashed through a lot of walls is REALLY ANNOYING, and from the sound of it I broke something of Shodan's. I don't know what obviously because its dark, but like, it sounded like a lot of smashing and some electrical noises, so it was probably like her supercomputer or something. And yeah, I feel bad, but that isn't really my primary concern. That idiot just broke our drat wall!

"Dammit Avatar, don't just lay around get in there and give it a loving trim!" I shout at her in frustration and I get up and charge forward again.

<godfish> provoke avatar
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7-1 = 6


So like, I don't actually need to see. Its part of what going through countless hours of fighting other metahumans does. Get a... feel for things. A good fighter watches their opponents movements and responds, but a great fighter needs to be moving faster than they can consciously think about things. So I've charged directly into the ball of hair and teeth, and as I feel the 'arms' of the thing reaching for me, I weave, shifting through the strikes until I'm dead center against the thing and I shove my hand inside. This isn't a person, and the text from Bravura confirmed Mary was behind this. Which meant she was controlling this thing remotely somehow, which meant... There, a knotted ball of hair in the center. With a heave, I rip it out, tossing the ball towards Avatar. There's a hair leading from it back down all the way to our room, and a LOT of loose hairs still leading into the 'body' of the thing, but its disconnected for now. "Cut the strands!"

<godfish> directly engage hairball
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+2 = 11
Taking something from it -the control center, and creating an opening for Avatar, to finish it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Guilty

take a powerful blow
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 8+1 = 9


I'm not concerned at first when Avatar's slashes continue at me, and don't bother to move out of the way until the first cuts land, and I let out a gasp, more of surprise than from the actual pain, though it does hurt! In an instant, I've leaped backwards far enough to smash back through several walls, landing in a fighting crouch and staring at Avatar. I'm even breathing hard as well, which is... not... common. What the hell. And it looks like Avatar is now busily... shredding Shodan's room. I should do something... but just for a moment, I hesitate.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions:

For a moment, I don't know what the hell is going on. One second Avatar is slicing through the hair like a sharp whirlwind, and then its all gone, and its just me and her, her arms still slashing wildly. "Good w-ahh!" Its more a hiss of surprise than pain as I see one of her blades trace a line across my skin, and -this is the big part- feel it as more than just a touch. I jerk my arm back just as another one of her blades is closing in, and just as suddenly, I'm facing a wall of dragon.

"What?" Why is she handing me Ms. Doring? Wait, what? My eyes have adjusted enough now that I can see that... It looks like Vermillion has stopped Avatar's slashing, and the hair is definitely gone. Awkwardly, I set Ms. Doring down on the bed, which mostly escaped destruction, and stare down at my arm. It has a single long, thin, cut, welling with blood. Wincing slightly, I reach down and rub a finger across it, wiping the blood away. It stings, but the blood doesn't come back, so it must be healing up already. Still... ouch.

I... wasn't really listening to what anyone was saying. When I snap out of it enough to look up at the others, Avatar is apologizing and looks like she's about to cry, which is almost as surprising as me being cut. "Uh..." I hesitate for a moment, looking at her uncertainly, then move away from the bed, giving Vermillion a clap on the shoulder as I pass her, "Thanks Ver," and then pick up Avatar out of her arms and squeeze her in mine. "Don't worry about it Avatar, I'm fine." I let her go and hold up the arm, wiping the rest of the blood off my cut -smearing it across my arm- so she can see its already healing. "Definitely freaked me out though, I didn't think anyone could cut me."

"Guess those bastards didn't do as good a job as they thought..."

She doesn't look particularly comforted, so I give her shoulder a pat as well. "I know you didn't mean it, you just cut through that hairball faster than you thought and hit me a couple times." Keeping my hand on her shoulder, I turn her a bit so we're both facing Doring when she starts to talk. Did she just..? Hell. Yeah! Put me in charge, yup.

Clearing Guilty for opening up
<godfish> comfort/support Avatar
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3-1 = 2
<godfish> gimme dat sweet potential :V


"Got it Ms. Doring!" I start to turn to the others again. "Alright, we know these things weakness already, they're being controlled by a single hair that connects to the whole mass. Avatar, cuts again, Vermillion... can you breathe fire? If not, I guess slice with your claws, or you can do what I do and just reach in and find the control clump. Okay, I know the two of you can keep up with me, lets go!" With that, I turn, kick the door out the rest of the way off its hinges, and run down the hall towards the medical wing. That was a lie actually, I'm pretty sure I can go faster than the two of them -well, maybe not Avatar, no idea how fast she can go- but I'm making sure to stay at just a 'really fast' speed.

Taking
Thick and Thin Skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Sure, it might be dark, but the key thing here is... I don't actually need to see anything to get around, all I had to do was run straight down the hall until I ran into the wall, because that's where the stairs and elevators are. The elevators might be down, but the stairs are... blocked by four of the hair things. So. Stairs are out... But we're on the fourth floor.... Bravura is in the medical wing, and if we're at the end of the hall... I twist to the side, roll under a swipe of toothy hair, and rather ineffectively push aside a tendrils coming for me (its hard to palm thrust a ball of hair very effectively) grab one and swing it into the others.

<godfish> directly engage
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8
creating an opportunity


"Vermillion! We're four floors up from where we want to be, could you smash the floor out?!"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Hell yeah, Avatar and I are rocking this, these stupid hair golems don't have a chance! I don't pay much thought to the voice either, it could be real or it could be a trick but either way I can't do anything about it so I'm just going to focus on fighting the hair in front of me, until... "Oh shiiiiiiiit!"

<godfish> take a powerful blow
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3 = 3
bam, potential


I roll as I fall, shifting into a pencil dive so I arrive at the ground before the others, feet first, and end up sinking about half a foot into the floor from the impact. Well I guess she did technically knock the floor out! Along with... most of the rest of the building. Wow, okay, underestimated her strength or overestimated her precision, something to keep in mind next time. Looking up, I jump to the side and hold out my arms to catch Avatar as she falls -Vermillion can fly, so she shouldn't need my help- wait is that Bravura right there? Wait gotta catch Avatar, ohshit!

<godfish> defend Avatar
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5 = 5
<godfish> heh
more potential!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:

<godfish> so many powerful blows D:
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6 = 6
<godfish> Jewels laughing all the way to the bank


Oh please. A noose around my neck might do a good job at jerking me up a few inches off the floor, but it doesn't do any more than that. I reach up and grab the noose of hair in both hands and pull, ripping it open easily, and I drop back down to the floor. There are still more hair things around to fight, but the bigger problem is definitely the fact that the building is starting to collapse. I could go rip apart one of these giant moving hairballs, or I could leave that to other people capable of such things, like Vermillion and Avatar, and do something they probably can't. Namely stop the building falling down.

Best thing to do to keep Bravura safe as well, easier than trying to cover her while it rains down on top of us! I take a slow look around the room we're in, and when you look carefully, its easy to see which sides are the least stable, so I move over to the corner of them, brace myself with my feet, one planted forward the other back, and put one hand on each wall and then slowly, slowly puuuuuuush! This would have been so much easier with better leverage than being at the base of the walls, but I'm strong enough! Even over all the other noises, I can hear the sounds of the walls straining against me as I force them back to a properly upright position, letting the edges brace themselves against each other again.

Unleash my powers on the environment (+1 for protecting Bravura)
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5+2 = 7
<godfish> oh phew :v
I will take a condition in return for propping up the building.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry

Taking Angry as the result of my roll last post

"Don't worry about me, I got it." I grin at Vermillion, and would have given her a thumbs up, but my hands are a bit busy bracing the wall. This is trickier than I thought it'd be. The actual weight isn't a problem, but if I use my full strength it'd be more than the building could support, even if it wasn't badly damaged already. So I'm stuck using an amount of strength that's leaving me nearly struggling. I'm certainly sweating, dust from the crumbling building clinging to it and coating my skin.

I wonder how long I should wait. I can't hear the smashing sound of Vermillion bashing through the building anymore. Looking up, I can see the tunnel she made collapsing in on itself. With how fast I am, I think I could sprint up through it before it's completely gone, but no. Someone, Mary, I guess, attacked us, destroyed the building, ruined my date with Bravura, and ran away, while I'm stuck down here holding the building up so my friends, and she can escape. I'm not angry, I'm loving furious. This isn't how it's going to end. Bravura wanted to save her. Well, maybe Bravura can't, but I drat well can. I take one hand off the wall and cover my mouth with it so when I take a deep breath I've blocked most of the dust, then glare up at the tunnel.

Three...

Two...

One...

Go!

I leap off the ground hard, slamming my fist into the piece of rubble that blocked off the path HairMary took and smashing it to pieces with the force of my jump. Smashing into the ceiling above it, I grab hold and swing myself forward, letting go to fly across the whole and land in the mouth of a crumbling hallway. I just need to run faster than the floor can fall away, and I'll catch up to her, this is the only path available, even to hair things.

<godfish> unleash on building, +1 for supporting love
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8
also +1 for Angry, 9
Overcoming an obstacle, the effect is temporary or unstable

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry(because of the timeskip?)

The only reason those weird blueshirts didn’t end up as paste in the hallway or ashes in the ruin is because they mentioned her name. I was frozen, staring at them, trying to get my brain working again. Afterwards, during the last three months, I had time to think about it properly, and it was obviously a bluff. Juliet is dead. I know she’s dead, they, whoever they are, just figured out who I was, somehow, and knew that that would be a way to surprise me. Surprise me enough that I wouldn’t be able to stop them from leaving, and they were right. It worked, drat them. I don’t know how they figured it out, but they did.

As much as I’d like to have beaten the living poo poo out of them for that, it’s probably for the best they distracted me long enough to escape. If that black dressed one had managed to set off the bomb or whatever it was while I’d been fighting him, I might not have been able to save Warp and Outstrider -she’s cheerful and friendly, but a bit lacking in presence, I only remembered her name after I’d saved her. She can phase herself into another dimension or something, which would be really useful if she ever managed to grasp the combat applications of it, which she so far hasn’t. Or hadn’t until the fight anyway, I don’t know if she made any progress once she was in the real world and not just training. But, even without that added difficulty, I still barely had time throw myself on top of them to take most of the blast, and getting out wasn’t half as much trouble as having to carefully smash and shift the wreckage without crushing them in the process.

In any case, I’m not in a good mood. Despite not having school, I’ve had basically no time to spend with Bravura, or at least alone with her, there were all the drat interviews about what went on with the police, and CASTLE and the police, and CASTLE, and government fuckheads that weren’t either. Since I’m the only one who say Doring get kidnapped I was kind of stuck with it (you can bet I didn’t mention them mentioning Juliet though), and most of us had to talk about whatever the hell the hair-mary stuff was. And then someone in a peak of idiocy decided to make Bravura the new joint (or whatever) leader, and so she had more meetings with teachers but really, Bravura??

How is someone with no powers at all supposed to know the best way to deploy people who do have them? She might be an even worse choice than Sylphid, no offense to Bravura. She’s still great, just, not the person for this job. At all.

There’s just two things right now keeping things from being complete poo poo. First, is in the last talk with CASTLE agents, the new ‘Valkyrie Liaison Agent’ -apparently they decided to make an official one after the disaster that was the Archivist- Alexandra Dearheart, is the least objectionable government official since Doring, and she told me we’d all be getting funding to replace our lost possessions. I may have exaggerated slightly on how much I lost, so I’ve got a decent sized wad of cash left over, in the bank.

The second thing is that we’re finally back, and Bravura and I are standing in front of the new school gates, talking to each other, alone. After a bit of talking, catching up on things, the two of us are standing there, looking up at the new building, holding hands. Eventually, I break the moment of silence. “Listen, I know you probably want to do a team bonding thing, since we’re all getting back up again, but it’s been ages since we’ve been able to get some time alone, lets say we go into town to watch a movie tonight, just you and me. We can do team stuff tomorrow?” I squeeze her fingers gently.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty

"Yeah, they were all going on about the illuminati or something stupid. Pretty bad luck they attacked right when Mary went all hairbrained." The politics of most of this stuff is a big mystery to me, honestly. Only thing those 'Misfits' I particularly care about is that A. they knew to taunt me about Juliet, and B. they kidnapped Ms. Doring. I give a bit of a shrug. "Ah, I've been fine. Grumpy though, would have been nice if we could have done hero stuff instead of a million interviews with CASTLE these months."

A movie about three vampires moving into a house? I have no idea what that'd be like, but I guess its a comedy? Who cares really, I'll be more focused on Bravura than the movie no matter what we watch. So I give her a smile and a soft hug. "Sounds great! What do you think, five o'clock?" Releasing her, I hear someone call my name so I turn around to see... "Avatar, hey!" I give my (former?) roommate a wave as she approaches. "Pretty good, where have you been these months? I haven't seen you in ages, you should have come to hang out." I return the hug happily, giving her a much tighter squeeze than Bravura got, given I know her body can handle it.

You know, when I think about it Avatar is pretty cute really. If I didn't have Bravura, she'd probably be my first choice on the team. Ah- that thought along with the gossip coming from Warp and Outstrider arrive in my head at the same time, and I hastily let Avatar go from the hug and step back, fake coughing a couple times. Then I look at the others. "Don't go reading into things that aren't there Warp, I'm with Gwen, we're going on a date tonight. Avatar and I are friends and roommates, there isn't anything else." I mean I think she's cute but she was just giving me a friendly hug, right? This is just Warp being a gossip, yeah? "Right Avatar?"

<godfish> defend Bravura
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 8+3 = 11
Taking influence over Bravura, yay!

GodFish fucked around with this message at May 15, 2016 around 04:28

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty

"Right." That's cleared that up-"what?" No, I'm going with Bravura! That was the whole point, to not be stuck with a bunch of other people! I'm about to say that, but it seems sort of like a bad move if we're still going to be roommates and on the same team and all that.. Even if it was way ruder for her to just invite herself along to our date herself. Was she trying to hook up with both of us? My mind drifts in that direction for a moment before I jerk it hastily away from a mental picture of the three of us cuddled up and making out together. Bravura. Focus on Bravura. "uh..." I turn to look at her, to see what she has to say about this. "...are we?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Wasn't exactly the kind of settling of this I was hoping for Bravura, but alright... "Right, tomorrow. That'll be fun." I nod a couple times, smiling. "But Gwen and I are going to see a movie tonight." I take a step over to Bravura and slip an arm around her back, pulling her up against my side. Now lets change the subject. There's been something sort of nagging at me for a bit now...

"Hey Shodan!" I raise my voice loud enough to carry over to where she's standing talk to Sylphid and some CASTLE looking person a bit away from here. "That your ship? Looks awesome!" Come on Shodan, come over here, lets talk about your ship now or something!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Guilty


Shodan talks about her ship a bit, and then there was definitely a, oh poo poo whats the word? Implication? Sure, an implication at the end of her bit about getting out of the hospital. And she was looking at me. I shift my weight for a moment, feeling a bit awkward. "Sorry I didn't get a chance to visit you Shodan," 'I don't like hospitals', while true, wasn't likely to be taken at face value with me telling people why, which is a big fat no, so... "They kept me prettied tied up with police and CASTLE meetings and interviews about Ms. Doring and the attack and stuff..."

<godfish> hrmm I guess this is a comfort?
<godfish> comfort Shodan
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6-1 = 5


Well I'm not sure she's listening anyway, she's going on about her ship more and now she's talking to Avatar about whatever. Got something more important than that anyway, considering what I just heard Lovelace say a couple feet away. I don't care what they think, the teams as is are not happening. No way I'm letting Bravura lead a team off into a fight without me there to make sure nothing too dangerous gets at her AND with Vermilion in position to attack her back if she decides to actually fight a supervillain again.

"Ah," I step forward into the conversation. "You probably didn't get updated on it because it was right before the attack, but Ms. Doring was meeting with me, Sylphid, Avatar and Shodan about the teams, and she decided to change the teams to be Me, Shodan, Avatar and Bravura on one team, and Sylphid, Seraphim, Fission and Vermilion on the other, lead by me and Sylphid." Well, I was extrapolating a bit from what she'd actually said, but it was definitely me leading a team with Bravura, and she'd kept me and Avatar rooming together, and Vermilion was going to be on the other team, so really the only thing I made up was that Shodan was coming along with me, which I did because she's cool and I like her better than Fission.

<godfish> provoke Lovelace
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5+1 = 6
Going to selfishly spend 1 team to raise Superior 1 and Savior down 1 - 7
should be obvious how trying to setup the teams how she wants is potentially insulting to the rest of the team~

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Guilty

"Are you stupid Sylphid? If you actually remembered the conversation you'd know she didn't say anything about Bravura being one of the leaders, and there were three other people with Doring if you actually bothered to use your brain." I glance over at Avatar and nod. "I agree with Avatar on this, but as long as we're having leaders, we should pay attention to what Ms. Doring actually said, which wasn't what you're pretending."

Looking back at Sylphid, I give her a glare. "And I don't think you should be throwing any stones about leadership potential considering after the botch you made of it its obvious to everyone the only reason you have one of the spots is because of nepotism."

<godfish> reject Sylphid's influence
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+1 = 10
Clearing Sylphid's influence, taking +1 against her
marking potential

and telling Sylphid how the world works, ie her getting her spot because of her mother and nothing to do with her actual talents
-1 superior +1 mundane

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

Goddammit! "I'm not lying!" I round on Bravura this time, glaring at her. Why did she have to interfere, I'm just trying to keep her safe! "Ms. Doring never said anything about making you a team leader when we were meeting with her, so if she told you that alone then she must have changed her mind! She did that a lot as well when we were meeting, but she said she was going to put me as the leader of the other team, but she needed me to balance out the original team, but then she decided to switch me for Seraphim!"

Taking Angry for not doing when Gwen wants here.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

"Bravura!" poo poo, why'd she run off like that? I was just telling the truth, thank you by the way Avatar! "Thanks Avatar, at least someone remembers!" I don't have time to hang around though, taking just a second to give Vermillion a condescending look at her ridiculous outburst -honestly, I thought her freaking out about Bravura shooting Sciromancer was just like, stress or something but it looks like she's actually crazy- then I run off after Bravura, calling back to Avatar as I go, "Don't let them lie about me while I'm gone Avatar!!"

<godfist> provoke Avatar
<godfist> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfist, 3 = 3
welp, potential


Its easy enough to catch up to Bravura, considering she can't go anywhere near as fast as I can. "Bravura!" I stop in front of her, looking obviously concerned. But, I don't know what to say now that I'm here! Crap. Uh. "I'm sorry Bravura, but its true! I think you'd be a great team leader, definitely better than Sylphid!" What can I say to her to make her feel better?

<godfist> pierce Bravura's mask (-2 angry +1 influence +1 love)
<godfist> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfist, 12-1 = 11
<godfist> :O
What do you want me to do?
How could I get your character to be cool with me being the team captain?
How could I get your character to forgive Jewels in general?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

I'm still angry, but what Bravura says hurts a lot more than it pisses me off. And I look it too. I could have -and more or less did- take the accusations from anyone else, but not her. "You know me better than that, don't you? I wouldn't lie about something like this, yeah, of course I want to be the leader, but if Ms. Doring hadn't said that stuff I'd have just told Lovelace I'd be a better leader than Sylphid straight up. Seriously, I'm sorry about whatever Doring said to you, she changed her mind about the team setup like three times just in the meeting she had with me, Sylphid, Shodan and Avatar."

"And don't listen to Shodan, she's just being a bitch. You belong on the team, or teams whatever, more than most people do. Shodan's smart and all gadgety but she can't do any of what you've trained for, and Vermilion flips out and attacks us about basically anything, and we all saw how well Sylphid did trying to lead the team against Scriomancer and the Archivist." The only person on the team aside from me I think might do a better job leading than Bravura is Avatar, but I'm not going to bring that up. "You don't have any of their advantages, but you always keep a cool head and handled your own just fine against those hair monster things with just the training you worked for." A bit tentatively, I put an arm around her shoulder. "The only thing I have towards leadership that you don't is experience. You know..." My voice trails off, growing quite for a moment. "...what I've been through. After more missions I'd fully support you being the leader. Hell, if I had to pick two people to lead the teams right now it'd be me and you! But they'll obviously never take Sylphid off the spot if they didn't have last mission."

I fall silent for a moment, then give her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "You understand, right?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

"thanks." God. Bravura is so... so selfless. Is it any wonder I love her so much? I give her a moment to respond to the text -which came in at totally the wrong time- then I wrap her up in my arms, giving her a tight squeeze. "You're a real hero Gwen. More than the rest of us." I squeeze her tighter. "You're a human, but never just. And you're keeping up with us 'gods' just fine." I hesitate for a moment. "If you get the spot, I swear I'll be the best drat follower you could ever want." Then, maybe this isn't the best time for it, maybe it is, I don't know. But its what feels right now. So I lean in a little and kiss her. Right there in the hall, good and long, one hand against the small of her back, the other tousled in her hair.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

"I..." I falter, looking at her in confusion. It felt so good, why was she pulling away? Did I try to move too fast? "I thought... It felt like the right thing to do. To apologize, and to thank you. So you'd know how I feel?" I want to keep kissing her, kiss her until nothing else is left, but she pulled away. Slowly, my arms drop to my sides. "You're too good for someone like me, but still... I want you. I..." Suddenly, I look and feel much smaller. Not like Jewels at all, but stupid, weak Mary, trapped in her tank. "I love you."

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry

"Oh." I feel like an idiot for a moment, before I stop thinking about any of that, caught up entirely in the kiss. Eventually I slip my lips out from her for long enough to smile and say "good!" before plunging back into the kiss, all myself again. Strong, check, confident, check, Jewels, check. Making out with Gwen? I could die happy.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty

I would have happily ignored Warp (a statement generally true at all times) and just kept on kissing Bravura, but if she had a message from Lovelace it was probably important enough to stop. It had better be. "Definitely." I smile at Gwen and hold her tight to me as Warp Bamfs us away to... some new room. It isn't a nice room. I'm immediately put on edge, all the screens and displays and vaguely sciencey looking things, along with the clean 'metal' look of the place reminds me far too much of the facilities in the Gemm Project, despite the obvious differences. I hold Gwen closer to me, then turn to watch the broadcast start.

...

"That's the shittiest plan I've ever heard." I glare at the screen, barely remembering to stop myself from squeezing Bravura hard enough to be painful. "You can't make people accept you by threatning to kill them! That fucker is just going to make life worse for people with powers everywhere but here if his plan works. And who even is going to believe that even if it is true? They just happened to steal a virus from the Sciromancer that could wipe out the east coast?" I want to punch something. "And what, if they don't meet all the demands, he's actually going to wipe out all the people, and the metahumans he wants to protect to prove he means it? Some protector."

"gently caress."

"Hey Warp! Go get Shodan so we can figure out where that guy is and smash his face in!" While Warp does, or doesn't, do that, I turn to look at Lovelace. "Who is this guy? What the hell is the Godmind Project?" gently caress. If that's anything like the GEMM Project... That 'Emperor' isn't going to be the only one who has a face that needs smashing.

Angry is removed from hurting Bravura last session. Luckily, they made outup afterwards!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 6/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Nah, not going to try and step in. Apparently this 'pysch exam' is a big deal or something, though it can't be any good if Sylphid passed it. I'll just do the stupid leadership test after we've dealt with this. "Yeah, but Shodan isn't here Lovelace, so why don't you just tell us so we know by the team she shows up so we don't have to waste any time. You can't expect Bravura to make the right decisions without all the information." What was taking Warp so long anyway, she didn't take this long to interrupt my kiss.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

I give Lovelace a disgusted look as she responds, waiting until she's stopped to step in. "So you want Gwen, on her first time leading the team, to make a plan that'll risk the entire East Coast of the United States if it fails, but you aren't willing to deal with some opposition from your superiors to get her the information she'll actually need to make the plan? I think I can understand why you're the liaison to a team of kids instead of actually doing something.,"

<godfish> rejecting Lovelace's influence +1 to impress Bravura
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3+1 = 4
<godfish> cursessss
marking potential
also taking the advance another two roles for Bulls Heart, Enabler and Friend.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

I almost wince when I see the effect I had on Lovelace, but I don't. Yeah, I was probably too harsh on her, but even so, that had to have been the most cowardly thing I've ever heard someone say. 'oh boo hoo my superiors will be upset I'm getting you the information you need to save a third of the united states waaah life is so hard for me'. Still, I relent slightly. "I'm saying you're acting like it. But we've only just met. Prove me wrong."

Once she's gone, I turn to Gwen and give her a smile, reaching out to take her hand and give it a squeeze. "Am I doing alright at following so far?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

...

I stand there frozen for what feels like hours, but might not have even been a minute. The only thing about me moving is my heart, beating so hard and fast it feels about to burst. It can't be her. It wasn't. She's dead. Juliet died. She died. And if she wasn't, somehow, how would she have gotten my number? To call me? But anyway. She's dead. It was someone else. Pretending. Faking her voice. Yeah. Yeah.

...

But what if it wasn't?

"I..." Slowly, slowly, I lower my phone from my head. "I need Warp. And Shodan or Avatar." Where we hid the thing. Where we hid the thing... God, I can't remember so many things. I put a hand to my forehead, pressing hard, eyes closed, bringing up an image of Juliet's face. We hid something. Hiding something. Me and her. Back home. Images start to form, and slip away. So many images, a lifetime of memories. Hid. Hid. Hid. We hid it... we hid it... "Behind the old school!" That was it! The old school building, covered in ivy, we buried it in a box, under a broken window.

I glance around awkwardly, realizing I just shouted, and they probably have no idea what's going on. "One of the people who kidnapped Doring contacted me. They said they were..." I trail off for a moment, then glance at Gwen and mouth 'my sister'. She's the only one who knows. "It's probably a trap, but we should check it out anyway, shouldn't we?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Frankly, the amount I can remember about this school is pitifully small to the point where I might as well not remember anything. But I convey everything I can remember, the rough layout of buildings, the fact that the back section -where we'll be going- is covered in trees, and the small building that used to a bell tower in the center. The ideal place for a sniper, ours or theirs. Once I've told Gwen, I fall back into silence, brooding on this. It's so bound to be a trap, but I can't stand not knowing... And we snuck out... If Lovelace is angry, I'll claim I did it, and forced Gwen to come along, so she won't lose her team leader spot because she trusted me.

When we arrive, I move over to one of the observation windows and look. Despite my bad memory, it doesn't take long to spot. "About there is what we want." I point to the wall of the building. You can see the ivy overgrowing it even from up here, and the half fallen tree from my memory is right there. I let out a tense breath, then step back towards the others. "Alright, lets do this." I'm going to see my sister. It's a trap. A trap. But I might be about to see my sister.

  • Locked thread
«2 »