Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Freak: +3 | Danger: +1| Savior: +1| Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Skies Above The Lab

I'm a bit preoccupied as we fly towards this evil lair - that kid I protected back there started crying when she saw me, and that just was a bit... disheartening. I mean, it was just robots, of course I was going to run a bit wild - i made sure no one who was a real person got hurt. But when I have a chance to cut loose and take apart some klankers, it's a fun thing to do! I don't get to often - most people would get eviscerated if I tried to touch them. And that's bad, that's a bad thing to do - it's why heroes like Honey Badger often get pitted against robots, so they can stab them with impunity, while heroes like Bifocal fight a lot of human enemies, since their concussive blasts wont kill people.

So maybe I ran a bit wild, but I could do better this time - there hopefully wouldn- the plane suddenly stopped moving, and I was still lost in thought. Actually, I didn't even notice as everyone jumped out and made their escapes from the plane. I was busy formulating a plan on how to handle this without scaring the children back at home. I mean, I wanted to be a good role model, for kids like me, the ones who turned into monsters and were a bit more intimidating than others - and I couldn't be a good role model if I was scaring everyone myself.

I finally noticed that everyone around me was gone, and that we also weren't flying. At all. There was no movement - and I could hear the sound that could only be Jewels, because she was... she was kind of uniquely boisterous. By the time I'd gotten out, I got to watch Bravura put an arrow into the eye of the Sciromancer, and I couldn't help but shout at her, "Don't shoot living people in the loving eyes, you idiot! Heroes don't kill people!!!!!"

Provoking Bravura??? Fails....
KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
14:29 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 5-1 = 4

And then I'm watching Fission try and judo slam him - he's going to crack the guys head open, especially with Jewels jumping in - god drat it I was not going to have the first fight we have end with us murdering our villains. That was not going to be on my conscience, and it didn't seem like anyone was willing to listen to me if I just talked - so I did what I did best, as I flapped my wings and shot myself downwards towards the villain. I made an entrance - into his lab, speciifcally, as my clawed hands ripped open the floor under him - and Fisson as well - making sure that if he was thrown, at least he'd have time to right himself and not break his skull. "Non-lethal!" I shouted again, "Stop trying to kill the villain!"

Unleashing powers, reshaping environment to throw Sciro and the rest into the lab proper.
14:34 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
14:34 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9+3 = 12

I, unlike many of the others, could fly at least.... oh. It took me a few seconds to realize that not all of them could fly, as I watched the roof further cave in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Skies Above The Lab

I'm still floating, watching for everyone to see if anyone's going to get hurt from the fall - so I can catch them! Only for Sciromancer to start spinning out of control and freaking out - oh yeah, the leader shouts at me to get him too, but really, was there any chance I wasn't going to? I wasn't going to let him fly off out of control and die somehow - I was not getting blamed for that kind of thing. It wasn't easy to do high precision flying - i mean I only had the wings for a year or so now, but luckily he was flying right at me, so I just had to fly against him. With one hand closed I wrapped myself around him, using my claws to rip off his rocket pack with the other hand, to keep him from continuing to fly out of control.

10:22 KittyEmpress directly engaging jetpackstuffsciromancer
10:22 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
10:22 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8+1 = 9
I take their rockets from dem. and get hit with blows.

The politics below me, honestly, meant nothing to me - after all, why would I care what CASTLE thought - so long as we got our job done and no one got seriously injured, we'd done good, i'm busy shouting at the Sciromancer anyways, "Calm down! You're going to hurt yourself!!"

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2016 around 18:57

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: The Skies Above The Lab

I get blast point blank, and it doesn't really hurt - mostly because he hits me in the scales, but it's annoying - it's another bit of a poo poo sandwich for today. It's more stupid loving poo poo, another stupid loving rear end in a top hat doing stupid loving things and trying to get themselves hurt, and of loving course I am going to get hurt taking care of them. I'm turning back pissed off but at least we're done, just in time to see Avatar acting like a loving idiot - only for this professional to suddenly go and take her out with some weird device that seemed to actually. gently caress. No. I still have sciromancer in my arms as I fold my wings in, letting myself just drop, steel piercing spikes on my feet angled at this rear end in a top hat as I fell from above, loudly announcing my entry into the fight with a, "No one gets to lay a hand on my teammate, you loving prick!."

Directly Engage
20:09 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
20:09 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 4+1 = 5

Comfort Avatar
20:14 KittyEmpress hahaha
20:14 KittyEmpress joshie you ready to double hardmove a dragon
20:14 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-2
20:14 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 12-2 = 10
20:14 KittyEmpress what the gently caress
Gonna add +1 team to our pool.

You see, angry as I was at Avatar for apparently trying to attack a government agent, Whatever he was doing, it was hurting her. And heroes did a lot of things, but we didn't hurt our own as a first measure, we certainly don't threaten them with some form of weapon that's meant specifically to take them down. So I wasn't just angry now, I was livid, this person things they can hurt my teammate, that they can threaten them?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Coffee Shop

I wasn't that tired. I mean, I fell asleep the second we got back on the way 'home', but that just meant that when I had to stumble down to my room - a uh, steel lined room in the basement that has been annoyingly branded as The Cage by people who don't think I can hear them.... which kinda pisses me off, but I was tired enough that I didn't care as I made my way to it today. The room was uh, custom made for me - the walls are thick enough that I have to actually try to dent or pierce of otherwise ruin them, so they're safe from my usual sleep-flailing. Funny story about that, I actually had a normal room for a few months, even had a roommate - it helped the whole 'getting into uniform' thing, which is part of why I uh, don't wear much of a uniform anymore. But anyways, so things go well enough... until one night I have a nightmare. Apparently I kicked the wall in my sleep, and the spike on my heel got caught.... and then hooked... and well, when I pulled it away in my sleep, I ended up ripping enough ofthe wall out that the entire thing became a little unstable.

So after nearly killing my first roommate, I ended up with this. I think that between how much I need to eat, making this room, and constantly replacing my clothes, I'm the most expensive member of the team. But regardless - I can't sleep all day, and I realize as much. So i get out of bed, I put on a new top and the typical skirted shorts - luckily without puncturing anything, which is rare, and I make my way towards the usual hangout. The usual hangout, of course, being the coffee shop. I was a regular there, not that it ever meant I got less stares than I did the first day I walked in. And I mean, I tried to own it - I wouldn't dress like this and work so hard to be so cut if I didn't want to be seen well at least. But something about being the only one stared at meant that i hated sitting alone - anywhere. Luckily, or unluckily, SHODAN appeared to be playing with... some kind of holographic... nerd thing at one of the tables.

Which gave me plenty of reason to walk over there - differences between us or not - and sit down with her. I didn't really understand the specifics of most of this tech stuff - I mean, I knew enough to know how to break it without blowing things up, but technology was hard to manipulate when your claws break screens even with the lightest of swipes. So as she spoke about what she did, I couldn't help but be a little bit happy - look, no one innocent was getting hurt from this - so why would I care? "That's awesome~! So we didn't just catch that Stupo-mancer..." Okay that sounded better in my head, ignore it, "And then had some jerks with weapons to use on us show up, with nothing we could do? That's just, like, gosh! I'd hug you right now, if... you know!" I laughed a little nervously, luckily saved by a cup of my usual hibiscus tea showing up, the deep red color similar to my scales.

Celebrating, and confirm u are cool af Lower your freak and raise yo mundane because she thinks you're rad and nice and huggable.

"Oh, well... I was a bit nervous when he started talking to us, I didn't really know him at all honestly. I mean I didn't usually talk to people besides the team and some of the other students, you know, and I never knew how much to even share - I mean I obviously didn't hide my identity anywhere. But state secrets and investigations and not opening your big mouth is important, so I mean, I just kind of coughed and looked away and gosh, no, I hated talking to strangers who weren't freaked out, it just instantly made them make me nervous. "T-thanks, I-I-I uh, I don't really need anything, b-but i-it's nice to see you?" God I must look so stupid - a giant dragon woman with scales all over blushing and stuttering just from being treated slightly normal.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Coffee Shop

I'm still freaking out even as he walks away - it's so loving stupid, jesus I would beat myself up if I was seeing myself from afar right now. I mean he's not even cute, he's just boring as hell and regular but it just makes it harder to stay focused as he just treats me like I don't literally dwarf my teammate. I take a few deep breaths as he's gone, and don't say a single thing to my table-mate while he's gone. Calming deep breaths, the kind you take when you're angry, just this time for when you're flustered. I pair this by drinking my scalding tea without a single hint of a care - despite not being able to traditionally breathe fire, I'm pretty resistant to damage, even internally and on my exposed skin. Hot things especially - they just really don't bother me generally, whether it's temperature hot or even just flavor hot - I mean anything not 'multiple drops of ghost pepper on a single spoon of food' doesn't even register with me, since capsaicin is pain, not actually a flavor.

Regardless, my cup is empty now and he's returning with turnovers and I open my mouth to thank him - i thought it through a dozen times, it was easy, just say thank you normally, like a normal person would, "Yourwelcome." I blurt out the words and then blink as I realize what I said. My dumb stupid idiot face is soon on the table next to my turnover, and I don't even want to look up. God this is so incredibly stupid. I should take some form of public speaking class or something, I mean I'm fine when everyone's afraid - though it makes me sad - or awed by me, but when it's neither it's just, how do I do this?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Coffee Shop

Rejecting Influence.
19:46 KittyEmpress !r 2d6
19:46 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 5 = 5

...Advancing.

Be the Monster:
When you frighten,
intimidate, or cow others with your monstrous
form, roll + Freak. On a hit, they are thrown
off and make themselves vulnerable to you, or
they flee. On a 10+, choose 1. On a 7-9,
choose 2.
- You frighten others you had not intended to
scare.
- You hurt someone or break something you
shouldn't have.
- You feel like more of a monster afterward;
mark a condition (GM's choice).
On a miss, they react with violence, hatred,
and paranoia, and you suffer the brunt of it.

I want to ignore this, I wanna just ignore this rear end in a top hat, he knows I could break him with one finger, he knows that if I wanted to be the monster he claims I am, I could have done so already. He knows all about that, or at least he should - I'm not a monster, I'm not! I'm a person and... and I'm not just going to seethe as this rear end in a top hat thinks he can get away with this, no, if he wanted to see a monster, then he could. Don't lay a hand on him? I don't need to lay anything on him, no, if he wants to make me into a monster, I can handle that, I can do that, I can be that for him. So I stand, my previous embarrassment gone, entirely. I don't even look at SHODAN, as I unfurl my wings to their full spread. He thinks he can get away from me, huh? Or does he just think that I wont stand up to him, because of some idiocy?

No, I'm not even going to fly, I'm just happy to walk out the door with my wings unfurled, and then sprint. See, leg strength, when it's strong enough - like mine - is pretty scary. Oh I don't show it off often, since I can fly anyways, but leaping tall buildings? Easy. So this run is more of a.... horizontal leap. One that craters the ground as I take off...

Be The Monster
19:52 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+4
19:52 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 3+4 = 7
You frighten others you had not intended to scare.
You feel like more of a monster afterward; mark a condition (GM's choice). I suggest Insecure

I had okay aim, as I sunk my entire arm elbow deep into the ground, right near Matthew's shoes. But that wasn't the end, no, it wasn't enough to show him that I could pierce solid stone, he might not understand that much, so instead of raising my hand up, I clutched my claws into the dirt, and pulled upwards, the ground straining in an unnatural way, as I gave the sidewalk a little hill, before ripping my hand out, "Oops. It looked like the fire ants might hurt you, coach. We wouldn't want you to die.... I mean, I know how sensitive you normies are." I gave a grin, fully showing the more pointed than usual teeth I possessed, as I casually stomped the ground back down to its normal elevation.

Provoking too
20:16 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
20:16 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 12-1 = 11
Overreaction

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Near Frozen Piss Coach

I thought it would be over when I saw Coach fall over and piss himself, but then I hear everyone screaming and it all comes back to me, how terrible this was, how much of a monster I was, why everyone stared at me, why it was so weird that I got treated normal for coffee. I was starting to hyperventilate - I could feel a panic attack coming on, as I watched SHODAN's grenade go off and I just I don't understand it at all. I'm happy on one hand that she'd support me, that she'd get so mad over how he'd treat me, but it wasn't right to hit someone when they were down but I just... I was overloaded, and so many things were happening...

But I knew one thing at least, as she started to throw her things as the ones screaming and running from me - they shouldn't be hurt for being scared, and I moved quickly to block as many of the grenades as i could with my wingspan, "You can't just hurt these people! They didn't do anything wrong!" Fission comes from nowhere and is helping with it at least, while supporting me at the same time. I didn't talk with Fission too often, but at least she was helping, and I wasn't really mad at SHODAN, but it just hurt a little that she'd think I'd want this.

Defend civvies
19:17 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
19:17 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8+1 = 9
you expose yourself to cost,
retribution, or judgment.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: The Cage

I feel like poo poo with how Shodan reacted, I know she isn't a bad person and she's just trying to help, but sometime the way people try to help are just as bad. I don't even try to stop her though, I don't say anything to Fission besides frowning towards her as I flapped my wings a few times, lifting myself into the air as I flew back towards the building we were housed in. I knew I was going to get yelled at soon, I knew I'd just pushed away someone I thought I was getting closer to, and i just kind of wanted to be alone. So I went to the one place that I knew I could be alone - my room. No one ever visited me - I didn't have any furniture even, besides my bedframe and a mattress. I didn't even have books or anything - I couldn't read with my claws, and anything technological just cracked, so I didn't have a phone.

It was just a quiet place for me to sit alone. I hated it most of the time. But it's where I couldn't mess anything up. Maybe I deserved it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: The Cage

Ms. Doring is calling at the door, and I just... I just don't want to. I think I fell asleep while I was crying, because my eyes hurt. Not that I could even rub them when they did, my skin's pretty resistant to my claws, but I mean... does it extend to my eyes? Do I want to risk poking one out, to test it? I just stared at my claws for a few moments, as I blinked my eyes rapidly, hoping to clear it off my face. I wanted this time at least to go better, last time... Well, it's a long story, but last time wasn't good...

Excerpt From Valkyrie Origins: Vermillion Dragon

I can't believe what I just did, I mean I know what I did, and I know I was right for doing it, but I just struck a normal, human being. And I didn't strike him as hard as I could, or as hard as I wanted, but I struck him, and he was a teacher, and I struck him, and I probably hurt him bad. That was it, I was going to be out of school, I was probably going to be given back to the police, and they'd be right to do it. It was so so stupid, but I just got so mad, I just... ever since the Change I've gotten so angry, whenever something made me mad it was like... it was like something exploded in me, like I had just this heat that had to be pushed out of me, or it would overcome me. I hated it, I hated it so much. I hated how good it felt, to embrace it, to let myself be that anger.

By the time Ms. Doring called me into her office, I'd already ensured my knees would be getting some new scales soon, with how my claws were digging into my knees. And some new clothes. These uniforms did not work. Would need to figure out an alternative... but for now...

To The Present

Okay, so this time not only was a little worse, and probably caused a massive panic, but I also caused massive property damage. And made a teacher piss themselves in fear. And then made Ms. Doring take the time to come down to see me, instead of even calling me into her office. Okay, okay, just take deep breaths, "J-just a moment. I-I uh, I'm not decent." A totally quality excuse, I'm proud of myself for coming up with it so quickly, it'd buy me a minute or two at least, to figure out what to say to her. I mean, she knows how hard it is for me to get... well, you can't call my normal outfit 'decent' but it's decent-er. I knew I couldn't react how I did last time..

And the Past once More

I could feel the desk crack as my fist slammed against it and I stood up, "You think you know me? Because what, because people stare at you, because you stick out a little? People look at you and they're sad! They want to help you! They stare at me because I'm a freak, because they're terrified! You're nothing like me!" I could feel that crack growing, and in an instant, the desk shattered, splinters of wood falling down as I quite literally split the desk in half with a punch, "I.. There was nothing more to say, I just... I had to go.

And The Present

I finally opened the door, to where Ms Doring was, taking a deep breath, "Come... in." I couldn't tell how mad she was, but... I would just have to not get mad myself.

20:07 KittyEmpress Assessesess Teacher
20:07 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
20:07 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6-1 = 5

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1| Savior: +1| Superior: -1 | Mundane: 0

Ms. Doring isn't mean, she's a nice person, she's caring, she's everything that a teacher should be, that an educator should be, that a Hero should be. I really, really, really wanted to be like her, I did, I wanted to make everyone feel better, to be able to live up to what she wanted from us. "I want to be a hero, so I can like... inspire people, and make them feel safer, like you did... but it's just so hard sometimes. Everyone staring, even when I'm saving them they're terrified of me, half of them think I'm the villain I think..." I couldn't even touch her back, as she tried to comfort me, I just sat like I was made out of stone.

"It's just... it's easier to make the mistakes sometimes. I try so, so, so so hard, I make sure everyone gets out with minimum injuries, I try to ensure that innocents walk away feeling better than before, but then people always are mad at me - I'm too bossy, I don't help enough in the fights, I am too stuck up, it just feels like no matter what I try to do to be a good hero, I just am bad at it! But then... I-I when I just want to break something, when I want to scare someone, it's so easy. Just letting loose a little bit, and letting myself be terrifying feels so good... and then I realize why everyone's afraid of me. I just... I just hate it so much."

Crying is one of the worst parts of the claws, I can't even wipe my tears away, "I want people to see me, but they just see.... this." I clenched my hand best I could. It was a good thing nothing was in it, or... well, it would be destroyed. Everything was so easy to destroy, "And I don't know how to fix it."

not rejecting the influence

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I don't even have time to hear what Ms. Doring says, when the lights go black. And that's bad, worse here than other places, probably. See, most places you get ambient light, you get some starlight even at night, or the glow of a far away city, something at least. That's not true when you're twenty feet underground, and don't have any windows at all. I can't see a single thing in the pitch black darkness, but I know where Ms. Doring is at least, "Okay, don't worry. I'm sure it was just a uh, a grid failure." Oh yeah, obviously so, it'd obviously be a grid failure, not, you know, a result of some kind of supervillain attacking us at our base. That wouldn't be what was happening, nope, just a grid failure, Shodan pulling too much electricity to try and make something new in her room or something. Yep.

Okay, so I'm not exactly the calmest as I move towards the door, only barely tapping into Ms. Doring's wheelchair as I tried to navigate it in my head. The good thing about having no furniture really - not much to trip on. Looking out the door didn't shine any light on anything, "I... I should go check this out, Ms. Doring. Just... just in case."

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: The Cage

I crouch down as I start to slide, my claws digging into the ground, slowing my skidding, keeping me from hitting the walls or flying too far. I can't see anything, but that wasn't a normal punch. That fist had to have been the size of my head, if not bigger. I was dealing with a super of some type, in the dark, which was never a good way to deal with anyone. But they were strong, that smarted, I shouldn't fight them alone. I'd hurt them, or they'd hurt me, and I'd hurt so much already. I couldn't even look around, but I knew that Ms. Doring was closer to whoever hit me than I was now - and that was bad. That was not acceptable, they could hurt her, kill her, I wouldn't let that happen, I wouldn't, I was strong enough to stop it.

So for the second time today, I performed my long jump, the halls to cramped for my wings, but this time I wasn't aiming for the floor. I wasn't aiming for the ceiling, the walls, I wasn't aiming to miss, as I directed my palm towards this mysterious attacker, giving a soft prayer that they'd not die when I hit them - even as I made sure that my claws would hopefully not stab them, "You're going to need to do more to beat the Child of Dragons!" I don't know why I even shouted it as I hit them, I just wanted to send them flying, make them have second thoughtso n fighting me, anything that would get us out of this.

Directly Engage
(KittyPhone) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) KittyPhone, 9+1 = 10
Block their blows and impress, surprise, or frighten.

But a palm strike wasn't all I was planning to do, I needed to get this fight into somewhere with A. Light, and B. no Ms. Doring to worry about. If they didn't cut and run, I'd need to get us out of here. Above us was ten feet of solid dirt and concrete though, and bringing it down on us would probably kill Ms. Doring, even if I somehow survived it. So I had to get them to the stairs or the elevator.And I still couldn't see, so I had to figure it out from memory... while fighting something. Great.

Failing to assess situations.
15:23 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
15:23 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6-1 = 5

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: The Cage

She's right, and I know she's right, I am just a monster, I destroy things, I don't protect people, I need someone else to protect people, because I might hurt them. I'll get help, I'll get the others, we'll fight off what's going on, and get Ms. Doring... Or we could come back, and find out that they just wanted to take her, to show we were failures. Ms. Doring is in trouble, she's screaming at me to help the others, she doesn't think I can do this alone, and she's letting herself get hurt because I'm a failure. I could stop it though, I could do it, I'm here, I'm useful, I can do it, with or without my team. This... this hair, whatever it was, it couldn't stop me, nothing could stop me, I was a Monster. And nothing can stop a true monster, nothing can make a monster yield.

Unstoppable
(KittyPhone) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) KittyPhone, 12+1 = 13
The world breaks before me, and I get to where I want

I rip my way out of the creature, and more than that, I rip my way through the walls of the Cage. See, the Cage wasn't built to keep me in if I -tried- to leave, it was built to house me for when I was asleep, for when my idle movements would destroy wood. But the six feet of concrete broke like a half inch of plaster, as I literally punched me way through the wall into the room with Ms. Doring, the darkness meaning nothing to me as I charge into whatever was grabbing the now muffled woman, and rip it off.

Defend Ms. Doring
(KittyPhone) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) KittyPhone, 10+1 = 11
Should actually be at -1 because of Insecure, but bumps up to +0 due to +1 against scary hair monster from Coming For You
Choosing to Clear Insecure by proving myself.

"Don't worry. I'm here. I can handle it. I'm not going to abandon you. We're both getting out of here." I try to comfort her, as I literally wrap my massive arms around her, "Just hold on tight. I'll get us to the stairs."

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty| Location: Jewels and Avatar's lil fight

We emerge and into the light, soaked wet and likely being followed. Ms. Doring is decidedly quiet over my actions, and I can't say I'm not glad about that. I kind of expected her to be upset at me, I did, after all, disobey a direct order, even if it helped her. The quiet was fine - except as we emerged from the bunker like structure, I couldn't help but be assailed by the sounds of battle. But this wasn't the sound of someone ripping hair apart, this wasn't a battle between us and the enemy at all. I saw Avatar, but she... she looked different, she was attacking so savagely, she was... she reminded of me, and it terrified me. Is that what people saw when they saw me fighting, did I look like that, so raw, so savage?

But she was trying to stab Jewels, to hurt her, and I had to help, I had to intervene, and I had no time to think. Ms. Doring was still in my arms, so that left one option as I jumped into the fray - turning my back to Avatar, and wrapping my wings around myself, letting them defend me, Ms. Doring, and Jewels from the assault. It was... well, honestly, Avatar was one of the few people I felt like this was risky with. I didn't know how strong her blades were, really - I'd never pushed to test her stabbing me at full strength. And my wings weren't quite as strong as my arms or leg's, even if the scales were incredibly tough.

Defend Jewels
21:23 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
21:23 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 11+1 = 12
Clearing Afraid and protecting Jewels

Luckily, it turns out the scales are strong enough as I wrap the three of us up, and I decide to try to lighten the mood just a little as I shot her a smile, "Hi Jewels. Lovely meeting you here - now, take care of Ms. Doring, please!" I was shoving the woman into Jewel's strong arms, passing her around like a hot potato at a party. Because I had something else to do, that I needed my hands for. As soon as she was out of my hands, I unfurled my wings, spinning around to grab both of Avatar's arms by their hands, shoving my scaled palms down onto the nano-blades, pushing them out of shape, forcing the alien technology to shatter and preventing it from reforming as I just pushed the machines back around my teammate's hand, preventing them from leaving her body that way at all.

"Avatar, I don't know what's wrong, but you need to calm down, I'm sorry I wasn't here to help, but nothing good is coming from this." My hands grasped around her, my claws awkwardly pressed into her wrist as I tried very hard to not perforate her arms over it. I could hold onto her just fine - I could do it, but we had more important things to do. While I was moping underground, everything went to poo poo, and I wasn't around to help anyone. I needed to start here, and to do that, I needed to make sure Avatar got back in control of herself, so we could go help the rest of the team.

Directly Engage
21:41 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
21:42 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+1 = 8
Taking Guilty with Not Human Enough to take two options:
Resist Blows
Seize

sorry godfish, retconning your WHOLE POST NERD

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Freak: +1 | Danger: +1| Savior: +2| Superior: -1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Guilty| Location:

I don't really want to leave her, but she's right about us needing to take care of this at the source. And carting her to it wasn't really an option - at least not a sane one. After all, for all we knew it'd be the most dangerous place to be, and taking here there could be tantamount to dragging her into a real warzone. She's talking to me about how proud she is, and I know she's trying to make me feel better, but I close my claws and shake my head, "I couldn't have just protected you, and Jewels, and Avatar if I was just Lisa. I am Vermilion Dragon for a reason. And whether I like it or not, being a freak, a monster, it lets me keep people near me safe. And that's what I need, more than anything. A hero doesn't need to look good, or have legions of fans. I just need to protect what I can."

Rejecting
12:15 KittyEmpress !r 2d6
12:15 Krysmphoenix KittyEmpress, 7 = 7
Shifting Mundane Down, and Savior up.

I stood up, a little more resolute now, opening my claws, "Lets get to it then, girls." I don't have knuckles to crack anymore - or at least knuckles that do crack. If I did though, I would do that, because we needed to get to work. I already knew most of Jewel's skillset, it wasn't that different from my own, if not quite as... noticeable. Avatar was a little weirder always, I felt a little uncomfortable not really knowing how she worked, but she seemed to get... whatever under control. And they were at least trying to make up and stuff. So I didn't really need to intervene.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Guilty| Location: Medbay(?)

Jewels wants an easy way down, and I don't particularly care to keep on fighting - do I know if we actually are where she said we are? Not really, but four floors would be easier than the fifteen feet of concrete I did earlier. Just have to hope no one's below us to catch the debris, as I slam a single foot down in a stomp that I already know will crack the floor. Hopefully there's less hair monsters down there, and we can get to the source and start helping people.

UNLEASH
20:04 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
20:04 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 4+1 = 5
COUGH COUGH, this puts me at 5,
taking the Legacy's Never give up, never surrender

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure | Location: ????(?)

I punch the ground like I'm told to, and well, understand why punching the ground of a building I'd already broken several walls and support pillars in was a bad idea, just a second too late - mostly due to the ceiling starting to collapse on us, as the floor does. poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, the others are getting pelted by pieces of debris, and that's my fault, I should have controlled my power a little better, and known listening to Jewels was a bad idea.

Taking Insecure, also taking +1 vs. Jewels for this condition.

I don't have the time to protect them - Jewels looks like she's getting in on doing that anyways, as I unfurl my wings, and make sure I land upright, eyes instantly locked on Bravura, and a hair monster that's eyeing her as well. Well, that just wouldn't do at all - Bravura's smart and a good shot and all, but she's not exactly the mightiest member of our team! So I press my clawed feet down hard, and jump forward at the monster, while shouting, "I'll pull the hair open, you gotta shoot what's inside!" I probably couldn't cleave through it quick enough to get the entire core on my own, but Bravura was a good shot, and worst comes to worst, at least it'd be attacking me, not her.

17:58 KittyEmpress am gan punch mansters on dragon
17:59 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
17:59 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6+2 = 8
Making an opportunity for Bravura

So I dig my claws into the hair, and rip open a hole to the core, trying to give her a big enough opening to take it down. And then I turn around to make sure I'm not in her way and I see it.

[i]She doesn't have her bow.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2016 around 02:49

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure | Location: ????(?)

Trying to lift something that is basically just hair is harder than you'd think - after all, it's not like you can get a real solid grip on it, especially when the disgusting hair-tendrils are crawling up your arms and you can feel them trying to tear your skin off. But I'm focused on Bravura, not me, this was a chance to take something out, and hey, if I can help someone do good, then heck yeah, I'm going to help. So when I see the improvised bola going wide, my claws grabbing the hair-monster became a full on body check, as I shoved it into Bravura's line of fire, to make sure she hit.

spending a TEAM to let that 6 be a 7.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty| Location: ????(?)

I don't have time to celebrate just yet, there's still more of these things, and one of them's on Avatar. I can't get to her fast enough to completely intercept the hit, but I'm behind her as she goes flying towards a wall, and I catch my teammate, my claws digging into the ground slightly as I slide back, stopping before we fly through a wall at least. Though most of Avatar probably still will ache a bit - I'm not the softest thing to hit, barring certain areas - still better than a wall, of course. "Woah, as a kid I always did wish I could play baseball - never wondered what it was like being a catcher though." I laugh, it's a lame joke, but hey, this situation is rough, and we need all the levity we can get - no reason to panic, freak out, make bad choices.

19:06 godfish <KittyPhone> Also protect avatar I guess, since that's a thing I do.
19:07 godfish <KittyPhone> !r 2d6+2
19:07 godfish <Krysmbot> KittyPhone, 10+2 = 12
Technically a 10 due to Insecure - but I'm Clearing Insecure too!

It's tempting to rush into the fight with the hair monsters, do what I'm good at - break poo poo, take out bad guys, finish this fight. But that wouldn't finish this fight - they're coming from somewhere, and we need to stop it at the source. "Guys, we should regroup with everyone else. Just constantly fighting these guys when they just come back isn't helping!" I remember seeing a bit of expensive equipment being moved in the building, some kind of science-nerder-y stuff, beyond me. I mean I'm not dumb or anything, but SHODAN and other super brains just terrify me. And it doesn't help to try and think about what they're doing, most of the time, better to just train myself at what I do. But still - a lab seems like a good place to track down whatever the source of this is... I just gotta figure out how to get us all to there, it's not like I can carry everyone past all these hair monsters...

19:06 godfish <KittyPhone> Assess the situation with terrible superior!
19:06 godfish <KittyPhone> !r 2d6-1
19:06 godfish <Krysmbot> KittyPhone, 7-1 = 6
19:06 godfish <KittyPhone> Yay potential!
19:06 godfish <ShootaBoy> woo~

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty| Location: ????(?)

The whole place is coming down around us, and Jewels is just barely buying us enough time to get out. There's not that much time, and my eyes instantly go to Bravura, who is the one most likely to actually die if a building collapses on her. Avatar is basically in hand as well, and I just sort of naturally wrap my arm around her, as I run towards Bravura, "We can get Mary once we get out of here! This whole place is coming down!" They're both so focused on the fight and catching the villain, they're going to get themselves hurt. I definitely could not allow that, I needed to keep my team safe, especially while we're split up like this.

My scaled arms wrapped around Bravura as well, and then I did the obvious - I folded my wings over myself, as I held them both close to my chest, and called to Jewels, "Jewels, I only have two arms! But I know you, so I trust you to make it out!" I gave a small laugh that sort of hid how nervous I was, before squeezing down on my human cargo with my wings, and... well, doing what I did best, breaking through anything that could impede me, to escape the collapse of this building. This time I just happened to have a Bravura and an Avatar in my arms.

Unstoppable
06:54 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
06:54 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+2 = 9
Leaving something behind - Jewels.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, Afraid | Location: Safely Outside(?)

We barely make it out of the collapsing building, and Avatar is yelling at me. It's just so much to take in, all the chaos around us and she's mad at me for wanting to help her, for wanting to keep a friend safe. But at the same time, as much as it is overwhelming, it just is annoying - "Your safety is more important than fighting an enemy. Everyone's safety is. Bravura's, Jewel's, yours." I poke her in the chest with a claw, as she spikes up and gets angry, because she doesn't scare me, I'm not afraid of getting hurt. "So I will protect you when I can. I will protect you whenever you need it. I will keep everyone safe that I can - I don't care how tough you are."

Taking Angry to say gently caress u biatch

"Now then, if you're done being upset with me, I have something to do." She wants me to do more than save her? Fine. I'll save everyone, so she doesn't feel special - I'll pull every person out of this building, even if it collapses on me while I do it. "Take care of yourselves." I say it more to Bravura than Avatar, and give her an actual smile.

I can fly faster without the extra weight, so with my teammates out of my arms, I'm able to take off more quickly in a half-jump, half flight fueled ascent. I needed more than brute strength here, I needed to see, to feel, to find my team, and where they were. Maybe Avatar would never speak to me again, maybe I've ruined my chance to be friends with someone, but it didn't matter, not now. The only thing to fear was if someone was hurt. So I had to find them.

Unleashing to extend senses to find injured teammates.
21:59 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
21:59 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+1 = 8
Taking Afraid to make it work perfectly.
Gimme my SHODAN and Sylphid.

I don't have the time to worry about how I am going to go about this - once I can feel them, I'm moving, as fast as I can, careful to not risk breaking more as I move to save those I found.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty | Location:

My grandmother, it... she was amazing. I almost didn't believe it when she contacted me, and said who she was and that we needed to talk. I hadn't ever seen her for even a second of my life, and she just dropped out of nowhere as everything went to poo poo, and just... it was a little overwhelming. She uh, she looked good, for how old she was, I mean I didn't ask about it but I assume due to the same focusing of inner energy my mom used to do... but we didn't have any time to even get to know each other, because it turned out that I just got contacted by her so that she could give me a good old fashioned exposition dump, and explain some of the secrets of what was going on in the world.

So basically - Cerberus is partly behind the attack, or at least, a branch of them is partially behind the attack. The main branch is uh, a secret international syndicate of very, very high powered players of the Super world. Commerce, government, research, covert ops, they have people everywhere, doing everything. They're lead by the Great Crimson Dragon, Keahi the Eternal, a creature that my Grandmother had been tracking for many, many years - an actual-loving-dragon who claims to be the last of the ancient ones. He founded Cerberus with the goal of wiping out the 'normal' humans, seeing Supers as a return of the great magical world he was born into, that he watched die. This organization is estimated to be at the level of a world power, and lower estimates from experts claim to have they possess same world shaping power as the US' entire nuclear arsenal.

Apparently the US' response to Cerberus' claims that they would topple the unnatural, powerless world was to create a new program - the GEMM program, one meant to turn regular humans into supersoldiers, capable of fighting on par with Cerberus' members. All well and good, except for the fact that it was a black ops secret program that ran by kidnapping kids, and forcing them into inhumane deadly testing, where most of them would die before they got anything, and even those who got powers would usually die to perfect a single one. This, according to my grandmother, meant that this program was raising people now my age or younger who hated everyone, who only knew to be weapons.

And then things happened, she didn't have the specifics, but the lab was disrupted, someone escaped. This brought attention to the secretive lab, attention from Cerberus, who was waiting for a find to where this program was. And that's where this all goes to poo poo - Keahi apparently went alone to the lab in human form, and killed every researcher in the building with his bare hands, allowing himself to be recorded on hundreds of cameras. Every member of staff was dead, their families dying in the next weeks, an organized strike that killed hundreds. And what he gained was the GEMMs, the young adults and kids who were raised to hate, and destroy, who craved revenge on the government that made them, ruined them - who viewed him as a savior.

And... they're behind the attacks, them and other powered children that The Eternal 'saved' from those who would treat them wrong for being different. Fanatics who call him their Father, who are given basically limitless resources, and directed by older Cerberus members with too many grudges from the past, told to do what they want with their powers otherwise, since they are strong, worthy, special.

Oh, and my grandmother saved the best part of all of this for last: Keahi the Eternal... is also my actual father.

Its been two months since I met grandma, she went back out to try and stop Cerberus' movements as much as she could, so I didn't even see her past that first time. So I've had weeks to sit, and wait, and think about it - unlike most of my team and a lot of the school, I got out of the fight without more than a few little scratches that healed within the week. Even diving back in to grab my fallen teammates didn't get me hurt, as everything rocked around me.

So I've had a lot of time to sit around, and think about things. To dwell on the truths I got told, and what was going on. To dwell on my own failures. To dwell on what everyone blamed me for. I wasn't even with the rest of the group now, instead choosing to inhabit a tree, silently watching them gathering from within the branches. I hadn't told them anything about meeting my grandma, or Cerberus, or this GEMM thing, I... I hadn't really talked to most of them at all. It was my fault everything went so terribly, and so many of them probably hated me. They deserved to have a chance to be with the people who they liked on the team, I could just... be separate, until I was needed. As usual.

Sure, I wanted to be like 'oh my gosh, you built a ship!?' to Shodan, but last time I talked to her I was - well, I dunno if talking to someone collapsed in your arms while you carry them out of an explosion counts, so last time we actually talked I accused her of trying to hurt innocent people, and really screwed up. I was so glad Avatar was okay, but she was so mad at me that day, I just couldn't face her with how mad she was - I didn't want to fight with her about it, so I... avoided it. And I left Jewels down there, when I should have found a way to save her too...

I also switched out the changed Legacy move for 'Team? What Team?"

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at May 26, 2016 around 05:14

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty | Location:

I hold my breath tight as I hear a voice behind me, turning suddenly, my claws bared - to see Archangel. Oh, I knew him before - my mother used to work with him (Writer Note: See 'Legacy of a Dragon, the brand new miniseries focused on the Dragons before our own Vermillion for these adventures and other adventures!), and I'd seen him a few times - in costume at least. Back when I was just the sickly kid my mom wanted to inspire, back before I killed her and became a monster. He was always... standoffish, and didn't care as much as the other heroes about how he was viewed. Results were what mattered, and my mom hated him - always said he was the worst kind of hero, since he didn't care about actually being an example for people.

I wanted to be an example for people, I wanted to be someone people who are different can look up to, someone who they can respect, and even find respect for themselves in. "O-of course I have to care what others think! I'm a hero... I have to do more than just... break things!" I tried to retort, but just looking at him made me remember my mom, made me feel sick to my stomach for what I'd caused. I wasn't good at being someone to look up to anyways, I was a failure every time I tried to do anything. I got Ms. Doring kidnapped, I let Sylphid and Shodan and Fission get hurt without my even being there, I abandoned Jewels... I wasn't anyone inspiring...

Rolled on phone to reject influence, got a 3, lmao

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty, Angry | Location:

Of course Grandma gave me something and I even had it on me... but I certainly wasn't going to yell to the world what it was. The heart-scale of my father, that which was closest to his most vulnerable part for so long, something gained in a battle she refused to tell me about, one that didn't end in his defeat... but I could feel it whenever I touched the scales, I could feel him inside it, how the magic was pulsating through it, the same feeling I had the day I awoke. Crimson red like my own scales, and unbreakable - how she removed it she wouldn't tell me, but according to her it was something she was leaving with me to safeguard. And I wasn't to tell anyone, no matter who they were - not my team, not Ms. Doring if we found her, not even her if she asked about it.

It almost burned against my chest where I kept it held, as if it felt the desire of someone else to take it from me. I could swear that everyone around me should be capable of feeling the heat within it - but there was no reaction from Archangel, there was no real heat, even as I felt it coursing my veins. But I opened my mouth, licking my lips, dry from the intimidation, "Yes, she did give me something... it was a necklace of my mother's, that used to be hers as well. She claimed it held a bit of my mother's chi... and that it would help teach me." It wasn't a complete lie - I did have a necklace of my mother's, though I never wore it for fear of breaking it, between my own strength and the battles I get into, "But like you said, I'm a bulldozer. how am I to wear jewelry?" I glare back, just a little, even as I lie - actually lie.

Archangel was such a mystery, and my glare was more than just anger - it was an excuse to stare, to study, while looking like I was just upset over something trivial.

Piercing the mask
18:30 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
18:30 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 10-1 = 9
Edit: This should actually be a 10, due to the condition he just gave me!
What are you really planning, ARchangel?
What would I have to do to get influence on you?
And what would you like me to do?

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at May 15, 2016 around 07:31

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty, Angry | Location:

It's only been a few months, and he... he what, is already throwing Seraphim to the side, he already wants to get rid of her, and now he wants me? After he insulted me, and... it's really, really annoying, and I am pretty angry. I mean, how could I not be angry, Seraphim was my friend and he just... I get distracted from it though, as Warp uh, warps to me, with her usual high energy that is... honestly pretty endearing, especially with how bad a day I'd been having. At least, it makes me feel better until I whip around and see Archangel is just... gone. "Ah y-" She's already gone when I turn back to her, which just makes me laugh to myself, as I jump out of the tree, folding my wings around myself as a pseudo-robe as I walk down towards the rest of the team.

This was... awkward, I'd kinda avoided most of them, since last I saw Fission, Sylphid, and Shodan they were... basically all unconscious, and then in the hospital after that. And then Avatar probably hated me, judging from the last time we talked, which felt pretty terrible to me, because I kinda liked her and thought she was fun. Bravura... I.. I mean Bravura was just so normal I never knew what she thought of me, she probably looked at me and saw the weirdest thing. Jewels... I mean I don't think Jewels hated anyone, but I couldn't stand that I'd left her behind to get caught in that whole... explosion thing. I should have helped her too. I probably look pretty miserable, my mind split a thousand ways between my encounter with Archangel and... everything else.

Still, I should at least try, "Y-your uh, is that your ship, Shodan? It's... it's really cool." I mean, it was in fact really cool, who else did she know that could build what was basically a space ship, without like, huge amounts of government funding and entire teams of people and hundreds of factories? "You guys all look a lot better.." I actually was glancing around, trying to figure out where Fission could be... she was always kinda mysterious, and didn't stick around too long it seemed, but I was pretty sure everyone got out of the hospital... so she was at least alright. Then I finally looked over to Bravura, and kinda gave a smile, "Ah, and uh, congratulations, formally I guess."

I was avoiding the subject of what my grandma told me, I didn't even know how much to tell my team, or how much to keep hidden, it was just so hard to decide. I'd at least get the.. .formalities in meeting up back into action?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty, Angry | Location:

I just, I'm mostly stunned as what should be a good reuniting of the team becomes everyone bickering and yelling at Bravura, and making her feel bad for not having powers and wanting to help people. It's just like, wow, really, really jerkish. Everyone seems to want to be the leader, except they also just want to tear everyone else down, and it just pisses me off, it's just like Archangel wanting to tear me down so he could lead me to greatness. So when Bravura runs off, I just... finally let myself start talking, "Do you guys not realize how... how incredibly childish it is, to start a fight about who should or shouldn't be around? Do you somehow think that starting fights and insulting each other will get you seen as a better leader, instead of just a jerk?"

I am honestly tempted to punch Jewels, since I knew she could take it, but that would just be the dumbest of things, on par with them, "We already lost one person, we almost lost three of you to a collapsing building. And instead of being thankful for being alive and well we're what? Trying to hurt each other, trying to make each other quit, so we feel good? Why go out of your way to start fights? Just make amends so we can move past this childish spat and start doing important things. If leadership doesn't matter, then stop making a huge deal out of fighting over who should or shouldn't have it!"

Provoking Shodan
14:41 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
14:41 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8-1 = 7
Make amends w/ Bravura to get xpees

Provoking Jewels
14:43 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
14:43 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6-1 = 5

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at May 27, 2016 around 05:03

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location:

I can't help but laugh, laugh in Avatar's face, and at the idiocy infront of me, "Do something useful? Me? Oh, you mean like pulling most of you out of a collapsing building, after you almost died away from everyone else? How about when I stopped you from trying to skewer Jewels on your arms, because your little toys decided to freak out? Or maybe how about I know who attacked us and kidnapped Ms. Doring, but no one cares what Lisa knows, no one cares about making plans, they just care about insulting each other and acting like they're oh so superior. No obviously she can't have anything important to say, just ignore her when she says hi. Obviously she's useless." I roll my eyes at her, and it takes all of my energy to not just punch her right there, "Because I'm sure trying to kill your teammates, and then defending them chasing off another is super useful to the team."

I unfold my wings, I don't even care who is around me, or if I might hit them with them. "You know what? You want to think your toys are so important, and people's feelings aren't? You want to act like this is fine? Then enjoy being the villains of this story. I don't need any of you to go find Doring. It's not like this is actually a team anyways."

gently caress it, Archangel was right - I shouldn't care what other people think. Other people are stupid. And if he wants to help me save Ms. Doring and fix this all, fine. I'll let him help me. I consider going to grab Bravura before I go, but it's not worth it, she'd just get hurt with me, more than emotionally. So I just let myself start flying.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at May 23, 2016 around 23:31

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location:

Getting to Ms. Doring would be easy - if my Father was all about rescuing strays to add to his little army, like a little guardian angel out to protect us freaks from normals, then I'd just have to lure him out. Walk proudly in the streets, let people spit on me, let myself look tread upon. If I could reach him, I could even get Archangel to make it look really good, he seems the type to love deception. And then... well, once I was in I have no clue how I'd get to her, but I'm sure I could handle it. I'm sure that these 'Gemms' couldn't actually stop me, I'm me, I move wrong and things break, things break badly.

I'm just flying away when I can positively hear Sylphid coming. She's fast, faster than I could ever hope to be, really. She amazed me every time she showed it off, sometimes I just lost track of her whirring like that. She was so lucky with her powers, she had people to teach her to use them, she looked... well, better than normal, she was just so utterly blessed, in every way I was cursed, and it was hard for me to not be upset about it sometimes, even though I never really wanted to be. She gets to be the leader, she gets to be beautiful, everyone wants to hear her opinions. She's yelling at me, and apologizing, and it's just stupid, there's no reason for this - she can't hold the team together, the team obviously hates each other.

"Just go away! I don't need to be a Valkyrie! I don't want to deal with all the fighting, and everyone getting so upset at each other over every little thing! I don't wanna be on a team with some jerk who doesn't value anything but their own stupid toys, or people who think I can't do anything! I spent three months hoping someone would try to talk to each other, and get the team together, and instead none of us even wanted to talk! We shouldn't work together if we can't stand each other that much!"

22:12 KittyEmpress provoke sylphid into leaving >:
22:12 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
22:12 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 10-1 = 9
Take a condition if you don't leave, sylphy

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: Flying Sky High

I stop flying as Sylphid at least makes her arguments - not that I believe them, I mean, I don't feel like half the team cares about Ms. Doring that much, but... I can at least listen to her, "Look, this Cerberus thing... it's bigger than Lovelace let on. They're not just metahuman supremacists. They're huge. The GEMMs were made to stop them, because we don't even know if all of our nuclear weapons could do it. The Misfits are made up of freaks and weirdos - metahuman kids who were mistreated, who were experimented on, hated, who were hurt, they're fanatically loyal. Kaehi is a father figure to them, and... he's scary." At the very least, if returning with Sylphid doesn't work, I can at least let her have the info, to do what she wants.

"The GEMMs had a... break in or something, and some stuff happened with the research project. It ended up being a uh, poo poo show, so they called in some like, hyper elite, basically superhuman guards, to make sure nothing like it could happen again. Kaehi walked in alone, without any weapons, and the only people who walked out were him and the GEMMs. He single handedly took out a platoon of soldiers meant to contain superhuman threats. We don't hear about Cerberus because Cerberus is huge. Luckily.... the Misfits, the uh, kids and stuff that he rescues, they operate mostly autonomously. Lots of supplies, very little oversight, that kind of thing, they just run wild. So... it's possible Doring isn't in Cerberus proper. I figured I could get into the Misfits - I mean it's not like it'd be hard to pretend like everyone hates me, when it's true. And then from there I could just... slip in, get Doring out, and probably hold them off at least until she escaped."

I am about to tell her about my connection to the leader of Cerberus, when suddenly every bit of my body felt like it was on fire, radiating out from where the scale was pressed against my chest, until every bit of my blood, into my bone marrow even, felt like hot lava had replaced the liquid. I fell, like a rock, my wings curling up over myself in reflex as I screamed out in pain... and then collapsed, my wings seemingly growing larger around me as I hit the ground, and then... hardening., becoming a smooth surface, one with a distinctly recognizable shape, even at the human size of it.

Mutate further and reveal another two new abilities (chosen from any playbook)

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at May 28, 2016 around 00:18

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: Embedded In Ground'

Embedded directly into a tree that it apparently split as it fell through, the egg is actually warm to the touch, not quite overly hot to the point where it burns, but uncomfortable at least - like a metal pan out in the sun on a hot summer day, or sand under a beating sun, or any other endless number of 'hot, but not going to instantly burn your hand'. The readings that come off it for the first few moments are strange, almost as if - very little seems to be happening with her, less than even a normal human, until suddenly her heart rate goes up to normal, spiking her readings, before both almost instantly normalized, as if there was no oddness at all for a few moments... until another spike briefly happened, the readings going way up, and then suddenly dropping back down again. The air around the egg becomes hotter as the readings spike, and then becomes cooler as it normalizes, repeating in a stable pattern.

There isn't exactly the greatest amount of info on the life cycle of part dragon monster-people, but judging by what you personally know about her, it's possible that the scales - which seem to be making up the cocoon-egg - are a little too thick for the easily portable instruments, and it's likely that your ship would be the most useful tool you have here - either way, leaving the egg here doesn't seem like the greatest idea, seeing as the noise that attracted you has started to cause the approach of more than a few curious eyes. And curious phones. All of which are mostly likely to be in danger, if anyone here was going to get hurt. Well, or Shodan herself, seeing as she was more than a little exposed, and not quite known for being ultra tough.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: Embedded In Ground'

Issue 4: For They Are Adamantine, Unyielding

Mana, the spiritual force that flows through everything, it is known by many names in many parts of the world - magic, qi, prana, life force, barakah, and it fills the world. To have Mana is to have strength, to have power - it is said that an excess of mana would make a person worthy of greatness. Great magical artifacts would be born of great mana, great heroes born of great mana, greatness and mana are hand in hand with each other - but few could claim to truly know what the energy was. It ebbed and flowed over ages, every age touched on by new mana, manifesting itself in new ways.

And thus I lay within my shell, the world shining around me, in colors that were impossible, no sound as I sat in the muted silence of wonderment. I could see the shining in those who stood by me, and I could feel more, beyond them. I could see the faint mana of the tree I was... apparently embedded in, of people... and I reached, I searched, further into the energy. I didn't feel scared, I didn't feel alone, I felt like I could touch the lives of all of these people I felt, and that there would only be more for me to touch.

Unleashing one of the new powers - Mana Sense! [Supernatural Senses from Janus]
23:52KittyEmpress
23:52KittyEmpress!r 2d6+2
23:52KrysmbotKittyEmpress, 9+2 = 11
I extend my senses, gimme something cool to look at.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Embedded In Ground'

The sky outside the ship grows darker by the second, clouds rolling in impossibly quickly, and winds picking up with the same speed. It takes a minute for the clear skies of the nice day they had gathered on to meet back up... to turn into a blackened, foreboding atmosphere, the crackling of lightning obvious within the clouds, bright flashes high in the sky, but not arcing downwards. It's a menacing, atmosphere, that only works with the earlier messages to create an atmosphere of ominous oppression, as if somehow the world had responded to Cerberus' declared intentions, and was very, very angry.

I see none of that, from the darkness I lay in, wrapped as I am in warmth. There's something nearer to me to look at, an energy in myself, one that called out, that beckoned to me, like a beautiful flame. And the world whirled around me as I touched to that bit of my spirit, I was back home - the home that had burned down so many years ago, when I changed, but I wasn't me. I was... taller, my skin lighter, and... I knew who I was exactly - I was my mother, standing within the kitchen, wrapping a wound from the latest fight I had with some... some villain, whose name was on the tip of my tongue. I could feel the knitting of the wounds even as I - as she, as we channeled our inner energy to tend them.

But her - my - our mind was somewhere else, as the words echoed - that we would soon find out all about what was really at stake here... if we lived to see it. And that I - as in I Lisa - would not ever survive once he got to me.

I was shaken out of it as I saw the face who said those words in my head... and then could feel his energy, mixed in to the ambient energies above us, full of rage, full of hate. And I cried out, my voice booming not from the egg, but from the skies themselves, a crack of thunder as lightning struck us in the instant before the hateful energy did - the systems of the ship shorting, and going dark, the ship quickly dipping downwards, on a crash course for the ground - and this enemy flying right past it, missing his mark as we slowed, and his predictions went off, making him shoot past us, creating a boom not dissimilar from when I would hit the ground.

Protecting SHODAN + ship
16:30 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
16:30 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+2 = 9
Actually have an influenceo n SHODAN, so that's a 10. .

Luckily Shodan's ship was built for surges like that, and the power was back quick enough - because I don't know how I knew it, but this was my brother, my older brother, and he was here for me. And in this form, I was not got prepared for him.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Embedded In Ground'

One thing I realize as I lay in my egg, reading things beyond my sight - everything has an energy about it. I can feel the winds lifting Sylphid, flowing through her, lending her their powers, filling her with their strength. I could see the energy and how it massed inside of Miracle, bubbling within in its own way, one that nothing else matched. I could even feel my half-brother's energy, full of rage, and eating away at him, like it was going to tear out of him at any moment, like the bubbling magma of a volcano, ready to spew forth. I could even feel the crackle of the power source in the ship, the electrical instruments filled, thrumming with energy. Even the movement of SHODAN's weapons I could feel, from how they cut the energy of the wind.

It was certainly a... unique way to look at things, everyone still unique, but everything about them so similar. Unfortunately, there is a battle going on around me, and I can't just watch - I can see the energies flowing around, and I could see the displaced energies of Shodan's weapons, and the route of Sylphid's own energy, and how they would collide. I suppose I must have yelled, inside my egg, but I didn't hear it, I just saw the swirling winds forming ever closer around Sylphid, a torrent not asked, not requested, but ordered to move as I wanted it to, as it tossed the woman out o the line of fire, keeping her from being shot by Miracle, allowing us to keep fighting this man - this Dragon. His name echoed in my egg, Kanoa, the ordinary, the boring. A rude name to give to anyone.

Protecting Sylphid
20:22 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
20:22 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9+2 = 11
Clearing Angry

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Embedded In Ground'

Things were going to hell, and I needed to move. To go, to free myself from this, to do what I must do, and fight alongside my team. It was clear Avatar could not or would not help in this battle, Shodan was doing the best she could, and Sylphid was trying to distract him, but they couldn't keep him off this ship forever. It was hard, forcing myself to leave this, it felt so nice to be able to see like this, to be able to feel so safe, so secure, so knowledgeable. But I needed to do more for my team, this was my fault that they were under attack, and help though I may, I couldn't really fight in here, like this. And that's what I was needed for, to fight, to beat a bad guy.

Breaking out was easier than one would expect, the egg shattered around me like any egg shatters around anyone. And... covered in slime. Of course I would be covered in slime. Gross. Ew... eww. "Eeeeeuuuucck." Okay, I needed a shower, a nice long shower, but first I had to find my way out of this ship. Right. Cargo bay... way to make me feel so welcome, you guys. I can see the controls though... and considering that it was either break through the ship, or open the cargo bay, I figured Miracle would be fine with me blowing up... whatever these machines around the egg was. And if she wasn't... oh well - my hand was already on the button, and the bay doors already opening, as I unfurled my gross and goopy wings.

At least the rain and wind helped wash off some of the goop. I had a few options for what to do - I mean, I could probably just tackle my 'brother', but... really, what is the point of having flash if you don't use it. So as I crash my way into the building that he's in, with a roaring shout of, "Brother!!!" I pointed my claws of my right arm to him... and let lightning strike, flying through windows, through holes, through anything it could to hit him. I want him to knows me that's doing it, that I am forcing those lightning bolts to hit him, that I am controlling this situation - and keep his eyes on me. More than that though, I need to keep his eyes off Miracle for a moment, and her ship - my other hand pointed back towards the ship, channeling the same wind I channeled for Sylphids, to try and give her that lift she needed.

Spending Team to help Shodan AND Directly Engage
12:55 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
12:55 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9+2 = 11
create an opportunity for your allies
impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2016 around 22:53

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Embedded In Ground'

17:28 KittyEmpress !r 2d6
17:28 JennerCELL Some anime is good.
17:28 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 4 = 4
17:28 KittyEmpress vermillion is the best at taking blows

My plan works, and my brother turns to barrel into me, still charged with lightning. We both start fighting, but he's easy to block - I mean he's strong, I can feel it, probably stronger than me, stronger than Jewels, but he just keeps hitting my arms as I block him, like he doesn't understand how unbreakable our scales actually are. Maybe his aren't as strong, or maybe he's just that dumb - either way, he's pushing me back, but not actually doing anyhting besides... well, putting me into the wall of another house. Okay, that's really, really annoying, I cannot be responsible for a bunch of cute little kids freaking out and panicking and their poor baby sitter. For once, I'm against someone as strong as I am, so I don't need to hold back. With a solid Palm strike, I plan to send him flying back high into the air.

I honestly don't even know what he's shouting about, about me being special - I'd never met him, I mean, my mother had fought him, but I don't recall ever seeing him before in my life. I don't even know what he's shouting about, or why he hates me so much, if that idiot who has to call himself Hades wants to groom some successor like it sounds like, then my brother can have that title, I don't want to be some Celestial Dragon, I just want to keep people from getting hurt, and save lives with what I've become, so I tell him just that, "I don't want to be a Celestial Dragon or whatever! I don't care about what he thinks I should be! Go back to him and tell him I said I didn't want it, and you can be happy! But if you keep trying to hurt people, I will beat you both down!"

Punching This Jerk Out Of Here
21:10 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
21:10 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 11+2 = 13
21:10 KittyEmpress lmao
21:10 KittyEmpress I think I broke krysmbot TheJoshie
Gonna resist his next blows, and take away his (ability to threaten civilians)

And a provoke for good luck
22:25 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
22:25 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8-1 = 7
Want him to give up, go home, and tell Kaehi that she wants nothing to do with him.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Embedded In Ground'

Is it annoying to be taken out of a fight I'm winning, where I'm successfully keeping everyone safe and keeping attention on me by some idiots with more fear than sense? Yeah, it is. Does it hurt that even after being active as a hero for a bit, everyone still reacts like I'm just some monster? Yeah, it does. Do I find these people to be incredibly stupid, because if they had tried to do this with my brother, he would have probably just killed them all without a thought? Yeah, basically. Do I think it's hilarious that I just gave a speech on how I was going to protect these people, and they all conveniently ignored it so they could start throwing things at me, and act like assholes? Not really, it's more sad than funny, and it makes it completely understandable why the Misfits and Cerberus in general have such an easy time recruiting people who hate humanity.

"So is every single one of you unable to watch TV or listen to a radio? Because I'm pretty sure a massive organization that I am fighting against just announced that it was going to kill tons of people just like you, because of how you people treat others like freaks and weirdos. So what do you do? You go out into the streets and start treating people like freaks and weirdos, like that's going to do anything besides prove their point. You know that guy you just watched me punch thousands of feet? He's part of that organization, and if he was standing here instead of me, he'd be hurting you people, you wouldn't get a tomorrow. And instead of being thankful that I just kept someone who thinks of you as less than dirt away from you, because I value your lives what do you do? You attack someone you don't even know, for no reason other than your own bigoted natures. Would you like me to leave, to let the real monsters come out and show you guys what they think you are worth? How about I hang up my heroing life style and go just let things play out on their own? Because all you're doing right now is trying to prove you aren't worth risking my life over, and driving off someone who wants to save you."

Provoking, using my forward from Team, What Team from helping Shodan not crash earlier.
12:20 KittyEmpress !r 2d6
12:20 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7 = 7
Wanna provoke them into feeling like they're lovely bigots lmao

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2016 around 19:45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Dealing W/ Family

I wanted to yell at these jerks a bit more, but I didn't really have the time to do it - there was a villain on the loose, and I'd just declared myself a hero. It would not do to just stand around when there was actually heroing to do. So, with a few simple parting words of, "Just get back to your homes, hug your families, and wait for heroes to save the day, as usual." I was back in the air, and ready to track down that rear end in a top hat to where my punch landed him. It wasn't exactly hard to keep track of where people went when I hit them, especially now that I could kind of... feel them. It helped that he didn't go as far as I thought - and apparently Sylphid was already on top of handling him for now.

I wanted to find something to actually get him off our back, and figure out a way to just stop him more permanently, since punching him seemed to do very little thus far. I wanted to think this through, and make sure there wasn't much damage to the environment either - looking good as a hero was important, when people would be after those like me with knives for Cerberus' threats. Gotta make sure people know that not every person with powers or who looks different wants to ruin their lives.

Got a 6 on Assessing

• Locked thread