Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

Man, this past week has already been irritating. Not only did Ms. Doring for some reason decide to bring this lunatic girl of a techhead onto the team, she immediately blew up half the city and I have to listen to the mayor whining about it. I mean, my counter point was totally good! I mean I explained that the robot army of Sciromancer was completely devastating the city, and we were trying to stop them as quickly as possible. Which is totally true! It's just that SOMEONE had to use excessive amounts of explosives for it. ... I guess there's the thing with the bus, too, which was cool and needed at the time, but is also hard to explain. I suppose my explanation that it was either the bus or the bus' previous passengers taking some serious damage didn't satisfy him.

Anyway, back to the present. Thank god for Clara's constant videogame marathons she keeps talking me into, because we're doing a night raid on Sciromancer's secret lab with barely any time to sleep. While in a jet. With Shodan flying. ... I still can't believe she managed to convince us to --

'Shodan, what have you done this ti'--- Oh wait, it's not Shodans fault? That's got to mean - ughhhh.

Watching her pull her stunt, however, was pretty cool. Although I wish she'd had given some advance warning. And what's that thing in the cockpit? Is that supposed to be some sort of pilot bot? Eh... whatever. If the jet crashes, I am blaming Shodan. Right now, I just want to beat this rear end in a top hat into the ground. You have no idea just how much irritation you have caused me, Sciromancer.

"Let's go. We've got ourselves a villain to catch. Bravura, come with me. I'll fly you over. Rest of you, I trust you'll find a way down yourself? Unfortunately, super strength isn't one of my powers so I can't really carry all of you non-flyers. Galeblade Mystletainn, soar with grace!

With a small whirlwind of feathers (Sorry, people behind me...) the winged sword materializes within my grasp. With it, I can fly. ... Sure wish I'd figure out how to fly without it's help already. I mean, I am literally named after the spirits of wind, yet I can't fly.

"Going to keep him busy, until you all made it onto the roof. Then we just smash him into the ground and get this all over with. Anyone got a problem with that plan? We don't need fancy tactics - we got a large numbers advantage and this time he doesn't have robots."

Erm, anyway. Time to make an entrance! Dropping off Bravura on the other side of the rooftop (unless she has other travel plans down here, of course), I walk over (slowly, actually. Got to make a good impression!) to Sciromancer. I throw away Mystletainn to dismiss it, and it dissolves on the wind. Instead, I summon another weapon. "Arklance, Thoron! Roar like thunder!". With this chant, a large lance, heavily electrified, has become my weapon. Hopefully that'll mess with his tech.

Continuing my steady pace, I give Sciromancer an unimpressed glare. "So you can mess with technology, is that it? You will find none on me. Let's see how you hold up against the power of the wind!"

Directly Engaging: 2d6-1 5

... well, that would have been far more impressive if he handed dodges my longue and I hadn't launch myself right past him with my speed... waaaah why is the edge of the roof already here fucks saaaaaa--

Oh well. At least I got Exp.

For Team: 2 team +
If the leader has Influence over every teammate, add another team. (Nope)
● If everyone has the same purpose in the fight, add another team. (Beat up guy, so yes)
● If any team member mistrusts the leader or the team, remove a team. (This is our second fight so no)
● If your team is ill-prepared or offbalance, remove a team. (Gawd, yes)

I am marking Angry in order to get 3 Team out of this.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2016 around 01:07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Sciromancer's Lab's Roof

This little bastard did not just...

...

... you know what. He's loving right. I'm not Sylphid. Not yet. There's no way I stand up to the title, yet.

Anyway. This side of the roof falling apart means very little to me. I mean, I can literally be on the other side of the roof within two seconds, and my momentum carries on with jumps. But no, something more pressing. Bravura seems to have maneuvered herself into a precarious position. So I place myself between her and this rear end in a top hat. The Arklance's roaring electricity becomes even wilder in response to my agitation. I lift it up into a thrusting stance, ready to counterattack the second he tries to act on the opening Bravura provided.

"Nice shot." I whisper towards Bravura while I get her a quick glance before returning my gaze to Sciromancer. And begin ranting at him.

"So loving what, you idiotic shut-in. So I don't live up to the name yet? Whatever. Everyone's a newbie at some point. At least I'm not a loving moron who just goes on childish rampages on the pretense of helping science. Science exists to help people, not for this idiocy you are using it for. Shodan is a much better 'Prophet of Science' than you are, you worthless piece of trash. Get a grip yourself before you accuse others of being false! Look at the destruction you caused in your loving hissy fits. How the hell does that help science, huh!?"

Reject Influence (Sciromancer): 2d6 5 At least I get exp... again...

Never give up, never surrender: 2d6+2 7 Marking Guilty and choosing: You keep your attacker's attention.

Defending Bravura: 2d6+2 12 Keeping Bravura safe and clearing Angry.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2016 around 21:59

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Sciromancer's Lab's Roof

"... glad someone in this building has some common sense..." Sylphid mutters under her breath as she gets up, having somewhat ungracefully sprawled across the ground

She then turns to Vermillion Dragon.

"... Was this really necessary? ... Hey, do me a favor and catch Sciromancer. I don't think I can carry him and his stupid suit. ... I would prefer if you knock him out first, though. Don't particularly want to hear his nonsense."

Then, she turns to the CASTLE agents.

"Good... morning. Pleased to meet you. It's an honor working with CASTLE. We'll leave it to you, then. ... although I do have to admit I wish were informed of the danger this technology poses."

She looks up to the hole everyone just crashed through.

"As you can see, sadly some members of this team aren't very... precise."

While doing small talk, Sylphid does wonder, though. Why weren't we told of any of this? Were we just a distraction? What's going on here?

Pierce the Mask: 2d6+2 10 Choosing: What are you really planning?, What do you intend to do?, How could I get your character to reveal the truth about this situation?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2016 around 01:54

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

Woah woah woah hold the loving phone, what is going on here!? First off, I make sure to interpose myself between Avatar and Foster, then I turn a halfstep so I can see most people involved.

"Everybody, calm the hell down. Nobody attacks anyone until we know what's going on. Let's just talk this out first, okay? First off, what the hell are you doing and why. You better have a good reason for this. As for you, Mr. Foster.. I would prefer if you didn't lay into my teammates for no particular reason. Something like that really should be above a man of your calling. It would be tragic if CASTLE lost such a valuable asset simply because he underestimated a group of metahumans trying to work with him, you knw? We're here to help, but so far you've shown nothing other than your unwillingness to accept it. Not only that, you've kept secrets from us that not only could have quite possibly get everyone here killed, you also have technology directly specialized to taking out my teammates. Clearly, it was necessary, but would you like to explain your reasoning behind that? Or are we just not worth that much to you? Is that what you're trying to tell me here? We should be working together instead of against each other, you know."

Defending CASTLE guys (and Foster too I guess): 2d6+2 12 Defending whichever castle goon gets attacked. I still get the choices here, right? If so, I'm taking Influence on Foster.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2016 around 07:11

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Hallways

Quite frankly? I'm going to tell her exactly what happened yesterday, and what I think of it.

Namely, the complete lack of communication, everyone doing whatever the hell they want without asking their teammates first, and so on. I mean, for fucks sake, both Avatar and Shodan snuck off, although I came to expect it from Shodan. Then Avatar just reappears, and without any warning, just punches one of the guys we're working for! Then blames it on him being a "villain" without any sort of proof, as if that'd fix it. And of course, I have to loving deal with the fallout of this disaster of a team. I mean, if we didn't have such overwhelming firepower, there was no way we would have won against Sciromancer! Right now, this 'team' is as effective as 8 strangers randomly having met on the street. We need to do SOMETHING about this, team exercises or whatever.

Really, the only ones I can praise in this map are Seraphim, Fission and Bravura. Everyone else either goofed off doing their own thing, ran off doing whatever, is incapable of being in the presence of a government agency, or caused completely unnecessary collateral damage. I mean, sure, the CASTLE guys were loving assholes, but that doesn't mean you get to punch or insult them freely. ... I am going to mention that it's hard to work with the government and it's agencies when they don't seem very interested at working WITH us. Oh, and the loving weapons CLEARLY designed against us. I am going to make very, very sure Ms. Doring understands my displeasure with them.

And... I'm not exactly sure why Jewels and Avatar are to be present when I give the report. ... Just like I'm not sure how Shodan ever made it on the team, but hey. Shodan at the very least has proven helpful in the last fight. Anyway, some things are just better said under four eyes. Especially when the one's present are a cyborg or whatever with apparent perception issues, and someone who can only think with their fists. This feels more like It's half report, half "get yelled at by the principal" as if we're little school kids or something.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2016 around 07:09

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Hallways

"Hmph. First off, it was this morning, not yesterday. Get something as simple as this right, Punchy McPunchington. Besides, why would she chew ME out? I'm the field leader, I still have to file the report, and not to mention I did try to act diplomatically - just about the only one on the team, mind you! Y-You're deluded if you think I'M the one to get chewed out!"

Well, honestly, yesterday WAS a mess. Maybe I could have done more...? But for all my speed, I cannot control the minds and more importantly tongues of my teammates...

Adding Team to the pool.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2016 around 07:09

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Hallways

"Uh-huh. Tell me again how I was supposed to know he was a villain, which you incidentally still have not provided proof for me for, beforehand. Especially considering you neglected to inform anyone of the fact. What would you do if someone in a symbiosis with an unknown lifeform or whatever just charged up and attacked the guy you were talking to? I thought you got taken over by Sciromancer or something, for gods sake! Not to mention that almost the entire team seems to have forgotten what the team was originally made for."

Sylphid takes a moment to sigh.

"Here, I'll remind you: We're supposed to show people, and especially the government, that metahumans can be responsible, disciplined, considerate, and willing to work with normal people as well as together. Which, incidentally, is not solved by running of on your own, not telling your teammates vital information, and then punching a government goon, presumed villain or not. And don't give me any of the 'Myriad made me do it' nonsense, if you can't manage to control your own body, you should be in training, not outside possibly becoming a menace. ... But seriously, do you think the CASTLE goons are like that because they hate you specifically, you two? No, I don't think so. They think you're reckless teens throwing their power around because it's fun, regardless of consequences, and to them, you just proved them right, again.. I mean, for gods sake, Dragon essentially attacked the team simply because she thought we were being too rough. Tell me, do you two seriously think keeping this up will work out long term?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2016 around 07:10

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ms. Doring's office

"Uh huh. I'll give you that I hosed up not backing up Bravura. I got caught up in the moment. But, really now? You're just going to ignore Avatar attacked first just so you can bad-talk me because I tried to defuse the situation, is that it? Biased, are we? Look, I have a lot of people breathing down my neck, including my own family, and I have to try and be rational. Sometimes, this means taking a neutral stance. Our job as heroes is to end fights, not start new ones, don't forget. But whatever, it's become apparent this conversation is useless. Anyway... goddamn, you're right. Why did she take an office so far away from all of our rooms? Jeez...."

Looking around as we walk, I notice just how many rooms there seem to be. Offices, it seems? But a lot of them are empty. Is Ms. Doring intending to expand the Valkyries, I wonder? Or perhaps even try to market us.

... I don't wanna end up in an advertisement clip. Please don't.

When we finally arrive in front of Ms. Doring's office, one person sitting in the waiting are immediately sticks out to me.

MomwhyareyouhererightnowIdon'tneedevenmoreofthiscrap.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2016 around 07:08

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ms. Doring's office

I try not to look at my mother as I walk past. I really didn't need this right now. She's here to tell me how I should have things differently, how I hosed up and aaaaaargh. Stop seeing my as only your replacement mom! See me as your daughter again, please!

...

Please...

Yeah, I'm fairly sure she knows. She probably asked Clara to keep tabs on me. It's almost impossible to keep anything from a sylphid, especially if outside. You'd need specialized wards to block out their influence. And Clara, knowing her, told her everything. In the short form, of course. Because it's Clara and she's lazy.

"Quite frankly? A disaster. We won the battle but lost the war, so they say. Allow me to elaborate." Sylphid starts, sighing with the emotions clearly noticeable behind it.

"The fight went well enough, I suppose. Mostly due to our overwhelming numbers. It did, however, go belly up after Bravura hit Sciromancer in the eye, likely accidentally. Sciromancer ripped apart some of the roof of the factory. Vermillion Dragon, who had, who had been circling overhead during this time, decided this one hit somehow meant we were clearly trying to kill Sciromancer, which was obviously not true. Regardless, she yelled at Bravura before smashing the roof even more and dropping everyone into the building."

Sylphid takes a moment to catch her breath and collect her thoughts.

"I should probably also mention both Avatar and Shodan ran off without informing anyone on the team beforehand. So when we came crashing down, we ran into some CASTLE operatives, lead by someone named Agent Foster, claiming to be here on the orders of Director Storm. They were offering to show identification, so I trusted them. Unfortunately, this Mr. Foster almost immediately bad-talked our team, starting with Shodan, which responded with insults and threatening the operatives with some sort of tech I was unable to identify, and almost immediately afterwards, Avatar, who had pretty much completely vanished beforehand, appears out of nowhere, and staring at him in a pretty unhinged way, just charges at him like some sort of berserker and punches him. She claimed he was a 'villain', but provided literally zero proof, and really it looked a lot like she wasn't in control of herself at the time. At which point he reveals CASTLE has access to Anti-Avatar EMP grenades."

Once more, she pauses.

"I tried to step in both diplomatically and literally, aiming to defuse the situation. But really, it seems I have just made it worse. It just ended up in, pardon my language, a shitstorm of insults and threats. Agent Foster then departed, noting his anger he was at our team."

Sylphid closes her eyes for a moment, before continuing.

"Right, you probably want individual assessments as well. I didn't quite manage to take note of what everyone did during the mission, but here goes, in no particular order..."

quote:

Jewels: Her combat performance is as good as you'd expect it to be, but it's very clear she's extremely biased against the government, to the point where it may influence her decisions in a really bad way.
Shodan: Ran off almost immediately without telling anyone, as well as having essentially started the insult volley with CASTLE. It appears she played a crucial roles in disabling Sciromancer's tech, however. It malfunctioned suddenly in the middle of the fight, which likely was hear doing.
Fission: Not much to say. Combat performance is average, but it appears she too has issues with the government. She too immediately started exchanging unpleasantries with CASTLE.
Vermillion: Showed up late to the fight, essentially attacked without regard of her teammates, but at the very least she followed my directive to catch Sciromancer who had been spiraling out of control afterwards.
Bravura: Both performance and behavior were excellent. However, seeing the likely accidental eye-shot, perhaps we should revision the types of ammunition used in fights.
Seraphim: A little passive during the fight, but she her behavior was okay until Agent Foster threw is grenade at Avatar at which point she joined in the verbal fight.
Avatar: I'm extremely worried about her at the moment. Not only did she run off for a reason still unknown to me, she reappeared without a word, attacking the CASTLE operatives on only the basis of accusing him of being a villain without providing any proof at all. I fear she may not be in full control of herself. Needless to say, I have many doubts of placing such a possible danger to everyone around her on this team.

Sylphid visibly starts tearing up as she comes to her own assessment of herself.

"As for me? ... I'm sorry, Ms. Doring. I failed horribly. I wasn't able to stop any of this. Not only did most of this happen too suddenly for me to stop, it seems the team doesn't trust me as a leader, much less so after I tried to stop the hostilities with CASTLE. And quite frankly... I'm not sure I'm the right person for this position. A lot of the team didn't seem to trust me from the start, and it's probably gotten worse now. I... I have no delusions that I'm anywhere near as good as a hero or leader as my predecessors. You... don't have to place me in this position because of my family."

Sylphid takes a deep breath.

"If you want my honest opinion, Ms Doring, there are simply too many people which have problems with authorities on this team. Repairing the reputation of metahumans is going to be impossible if the team is all too happy to burn every bridge with them. But that's not all. I think the team, as it is, is almost incapable of functioning as such. I would advise team-building exercises of some kind."

Visibly shaken from recalling her apparent failures, she finally comes to an end. "... Is that all you wanted to know?"

It was clear that Carolin didn't want to go outside and face her mother right now.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2016 around 07:08

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Sciromancer's Lab

"Please, feel free to call me Carolin. I... feel weird being addressed by family name."

Sylphid replies as she gets up from her chair.

"Thank you, Ms. Doring. Your words really mean a lot to me right now. I'll keep doing the best i can. I hope you're right and I'm just overwhelmed...Anyway, I'll see myself out. ... Thanks for hearing me out."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ms. Doring's office

"Ah, sorry about that. I thought you wanted to speak with the other two--"

Sylphid gets interrupted by Cheryl's hasty interruption.

"Three, I suppose... in private."

... Secretly, Sylphid was glad to stay in here for longer. She also considered bailing through the window after all was done, simply because she was aware at how likely it is her mother asked for her performance and oh dear...

And with this, the others arrive. Hmm. I wonder how I could get Avatar to actually listen to what I say...

Pierce the Mask (How can I gain Influence on Avatar): 2d6+2 6 (Another +1 from having Influence over Avatar) How would I gain Influence on you (again)?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2016 around 07:06

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ms. Doring's office

"Ms. Doring, I must admit I at least partly agree with Jewels here... albeit for different reasons. On top of the issue of distrust, Red Strike Force would be lacking in firepower compared to Blue Strike Force. Swapping Jewels or me out with Bravura or Seraphim would be a good start.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ms. Doring's office

Sylphid stays unusually silent, more in thought than anything. Jewels is somehow making sense despite all the wrong selfish reasons, it's somewhat confusing.

But, somewhat more worryingly, she agreed with Jewel's assessment of Ms. Doring's choices. It's... somewhat flaky.

Assess the Situation: 2d6 10 (-2 from guilty, whoops!) Picking: What here can I use to get "Ms. Doring to end this somewhat childish discussion?" and "Who here is the most vulnerable to me (or my words, I guess?)"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2016 around 20:56

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ms. Doring's office

She looks to Shodan beaming at everyone. Well, at least one of us is in a good mood, I guess...

Sylphid gets up from her seat as well, making extra sure to place it in the position it has been beforehand.

"Understood, Shodan. And, very well. I'll take my leave as well, then." she says, before turning around to follow Shodan.

Suddenly, only really visible to Shodan, her expression changed to one of dawning terror. Truth to be told, she was this close to asking Shodan for a cloaking device.

Mom's right infront of the door, after all.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 15, 2016 around 06:15

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure | Location: Shodan's lovely lab

To be frank - I tuned out about 30 seconds after it was clear Mom was going to repeat the same bullshit again. On no real basis other than two fights. In which I had to lead twice the number of heroes Mom did. And she expects me to be as good as her with years of experience and gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Seriously, though. all of this would have been fine. What's not fine, however, is her reaction to my apparent 'complete failure', as she calls it. She told me to deliver a perfect result next battle or she'll try to get Clara to pick my sister instead. I know Clara will never listen to that, but... it just shows how loving little confidence in me she has. It... It really hurts. I was on the verge of crying, in the presence of the worst team member to do it next to, and/or just punching Mom. Because holy poo poo, you deserved it right now. Thankfully, she's gone already.

But, thankfully, I did notice something interesting. No, not just interesting. Something amazing. A freaking Spellweaver! These things are rare as gently caress. They allow you to 'build' spells and fire them off later, without all of the hassle of actual spellcasting. Like, you don't need the insane concentration making longer rituals a pain, the margin for error is a lot smaller as you can fix the spell on the go and ----

I got to have this.

I pick it up, presenting it to Shodan. "Hey, can I have this? It's a thing for us magical folk. I'm fairly sure it won't be of use to you, anyway."

Oh, right. No touching. Whoops.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 15, 2016 around 21:53

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure | Location: Shodan's lovely lab

"Oh, awesome! But wait, how am I supposed to move your stuff without - ah, nevermind. Sure, I'll help out." Sylphid replies, putting down the Spellweaver on a nearby table.

"You know, Shodan, you're not that bad. You could have easily made Team Leader if you'd just listen to Doring every once in a while and weren't so hellbent on ignoring rules. You've certainly got the brains for the job. You'd really just need to work on the attitude."

Comforting/Supporting Shodan: 2d6+2 9 (+1 from having Influence over Shodan)

Giving Shodan the choice of clearing a condition, marking potential, or shifting labels (Mundane +1, Danger -1) If the roll isn't lowered, I'll also clear Insecure.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure | Location: Shodan's lovely lab

"I don't get you sometimes. How does being team leader equal to being lame? Isn't it an honor? Everyone looks up to you and anything. I mean, sometimes the pressure is a bit crushing, and if your teammates don't... oh."

Moving on without further comment,Sylphid was already next to the paneling thanks to her ridiculous soeed before Shodan rescinded that order.

"Huh? Oh, okay. What do you want me to do then?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 16, 2016 around 13:13

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: Shodan's lovely lab

"Okay, gotcha." Sylphid retorts, turning back to the job at hand.

'I know! I'll show her how awesome teamwork is. If I help her work through all of this stuff really quickly, she'll realize her loner attitude is completely inefficient! Alright, lets do this!' Sylphid thinks to herself.

Unleashing your Powers: 2d6+0 9 Marking Angry to stop the effect from being temporary or unstable.

And within, oh, twenty seconds, the job's done. Unfortunately, she may have worked herself up quite a bit of anger, as Sylphid couldn't stop thinking back to the horrible lecture.

"Done. Ugh... fucks sake, I'm so pissed at my mother right now..." Sylphid notes, driving herself in a ranting mood.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: Shodan's lovely lab

"Oh, this is a Sp-" Sylphid starts to explain before she rudely gets interrupted by an explosion of hair. Which promptly explains that Sciromancer escaped again (Ughhhh we're going to have to listen to him again...), and that she stole Shodans phone.

"... Really? You stole Shodan's phone? What kind of bloody hero are you? No wonder you didn't get picked for the actual team, if you do something as petty as this..."

Provoking Mary: 2d6-2 0 Well, uh... I guess it's a level up. Taking Suck it, Domitian as my off-skin move. Also picking potential from Shodans Support for the advance.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 17, 2016 around 07:20

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, Afraid | Location: Shodan's lovely lab

'You know, I might have pointed out how mature trying to murder someone over a few insults is. The problem is, I'm kind of being strangled right now. Got to focus on that, at the moment. I have an idea. It's not the best I've come up with, but you know, oxygen flow to the head is already failing all...' Sylphid thinks to herself.

"Arklance, Thoron... Roar... like... thunder..." she croaks out under the strain.

The appearance of the lance in her arm signified the success, thankfully. Following that is a huge surge of lightning coming from the weapon. It's pretty clearly being overcharged.

With a jab, she sticks the magical weapon directly into the mass of hair and unleashes the entire stored up power into it.

'gently caress this is gonna hurt... Sure hope this works...'


Directly Engaging: 2d6+2 9 Choosing "impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition."

Also,

Start of Session, Legacy roll: 2d6 7

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: Shodan's lovely lab

'OWW. Goddamn that hurt. But still, can't let that distract me while Mary is trying to murder all of us... At least I can breathe now. And more importantly, move.'

"Galeblade Mystletainn, soar with grace!"

Sylphid was just about to attack when I see Shodan pissing Mary off again. 'I... I really can't let her get strangled again, can I? gently caress.'

"You better figure out how to deal with this soon! I Don't think I can take much more of this..." Sylphid quips at Shodan. She smells... pretty singed, there's blood on her back (likely from crashing through several things), but still, she stands tall, sword at the ready. And thanks to her attunement to magic, she doesn't even need light - the incredible magical power coursing through Mary right now is clearly visible. ... And disturbing.


Defending Shodan: 2d6+2 9 (+1 from Influence for a total of 10. I keep forgetting to add that, derp..) Clearing Afraid.

Never give up, never surrender: 2d6+2 [b]10[/b] Choosing to add a Team to the pool.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: Shodan's lovely lab

"Not so tough when you can't sneak attack us, huh?" I quip at Mary... before this voice freaks me the hell out.

Wait, what the poo poo? What is this voice? That... That's magical transmission.

While keeping one eye on Mary, I turn halfways towards Shodan. "Don't piss her off even more, okay? Somethings wrong... There's a third party involved here. Possibly some sort of spirit. They WANT us to piss off Mary even more. So clearly we shouldn't."

As I explain, I see a torrent of hair trying to sneak past me. PItifully slow. Well, for me, anyway. I'm sorry, Mary, but I'm going to have to trim that hair.

Have you ever cut something with a sword? It's even better when you can swing about eight times per second. Really therapeutic. So, yeah, all of that hair falls apart almost like the parts you cut off the unmanned Rex in Revengeance!

"Heh, I feel just like Raiden right now."


Defending Shodan: 2d6+2 10 Clearing Angry.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Shodan's lovely lab

Fission? When did she come here? Ah poo poo, I unloaded the Arklance into her as well, didn't I? They really should have announced themselves - I can only really see Mary and her stupid hair in here, and that's only because the magical energy in there is a giant glowing neon sign.

Anyway, looks like there's finally a tiny lull in the fighting. Maybe I can figure out what the hell that voice was...

Assess the Situation: 2d6-2 4

I guess not.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Shodan's lovely lab


This is a joke, right? I'm just imagining things, right? Not her... not already. I... I don't want to die... not yet...

And yet.. is has to be her. No one else would have been able to summon the legendary Gae Bolg so easily. What's so special about the Gae Bolg? It's only the second most powerful bound weapon to exist. It doesn't have any fancy elemental powers or anything like that. Instead, it's said to increase the strength of the wielder a good twenty-fold, to be nearly unbreakable, and it's sharp enough it can pierce a tank like butter. There's only one weapon more powerful - the fabled Excalibur. Yes, THAT Excalibur. ... not that this information helps me, as I'm never going to be able to summon it. It's said that the weapon has a mind on it's own - it appears to those it deems worthy, and before that, summoning it is basically impossible. After that, it's still ridiculously hard, but doable.

She's still got the same blue dress she always used back in the day - she looks just like the pictures mom showed me back in the day... well, actually, it's not quite true. The gentle eyes, and her smile... they're gone. They're been replaced by these blood-chilling red yes, that are so crimson they even glow in the dark (likely an effect of her pact). And as if I wasn't scared enough already... You can literally SEE her magical aura, even without trained mage eyes. It's so ridiculously oppressive, and it even shines up this darkness. If Fission weren't glowing like a star going supernova, you'd notice that. I'm fairly sure even Shodan could down here now, even without night vision goggles. She's that powerful. A undeniable proof of power like this... is usually reserved for elemental spirits.

Despite knowing better... I feel like a pale shadow of her. An imitation. ... Fake.

Anyway, now that this brief lesson in the occult is over... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I'm not even sure we could take her with the entire team together. But this? There's only three of us, AND we got a crazed hairball to worry about. It's dark, it's a tight space... and there's nowhere to hide.

"NOT YOU! Not... you..." is the only thing coming out of my mouth right now, barely a whimper. I edge away from her, holding up my blade against her - but there's no real weight behind the gesture - I'm shaking so heavily I'm fairly sure the drat thing would fall out of my hand if I had to block anything.

"What did I ever do to you, grandma? Why are you doing this!?" I yell out to her, half anger, half sobbing. Well, more like three quarters sobbing, really. "Why... why are you trying to kill of your... own family..."


Words of Past, maybe? Feels like it'd be fitting here.

Pierce the Mask: 2d6+2 6 Welp. Fits the situation I guess.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry. | Location: Shodan's lovely lab



Taking "Angry".

"The future of what progeny, grandma? There won't be any bloody progeny left at this rate! Why do you think someone as untalented as me was chosen? Does it not make you wonder?! You're ending the bloodline you claim to save! That's why! The sylphid will just pick whoever is left until there's noone left to pick! You know that, I know that! Everyone knows it! Why do you delude yourself into thinking this bloodshed will fix a drat thing?! It won't! They'll just force the duty on those you'll have crippled after you killed everyone else!" Sylphid screeches at the woman holding her at spearpoint. The woman who is her own grandmother...

This, while indeed mostly panic, did serve a secondary purpose. An incredibly risky, quite possibly suicidal purpose: Causing hesitation. In a mirror match between in-equal speedsters, this is the only opening the slower will ever get. The second Blood Empress loses her focus, even if just for a second, Sylphid lashes out.

Kicking the spear at the end to get it out of the Blood Empress' grasps, she quickly backs away from the whirling weapon, and grabs it - exploiting a well known fact for bound weapons: They don't disappear when they lose their owners grasp, only when no longer maintained. For a very few, precious seconds, Sylphid may just be able to keep this monstrously powerful weapon materialized - and wasting no time, she tries to ram it into the Blue Empress as hard as she could... hoping it will be enough.

Or even hit.



Doing something REALLY stupid at Superspeed: 2d6+0 7

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, Hopeless | Location: Shodan's lovely lab


She still dodged? Jesus gently caress how inhumane is this woman-- GAAAH. Oh god my chest she's crushing meee

---

Oh god Shodan what are you doing that's a lovely idea...

... Yeah, that went about as well than I expected. She managed to stay in the battle about a second longer than I expected...

gently caress... this better work.

I bolt at her, and as close as I can, I summon Mystletainn. Maybe, just loving maybe, it'll be enough of a smokescreen to blind her, so I can Shodan out of there.

...

gently caress I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING. SO many feathers.




Reject Influence (Blue Empress): 2d6 6 STAAAAAAHP. Marking Hopeless.

FEATHERS EVERYWHERE (Unleash): 2d6 5



For my Advance, I'll be taking "I know what I am". Seriously, stop it Joshie. STOP.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 28, 2016 around 06:43

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, Hopeless | Location: Shodan's lovely lab



Despite the situation she's in, Sylphid feels forced to take a moment to catch her breath.

"Fission, you've ... *huff* got to help me. Clear a way... I'll... *huff* ... carry Shodan.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, Hopeless | Location: Shodan's lovely lab



Sylphid picks up the unconscious Shodan and bolts for the exit. It would have been a lot faster if she wasn't exhausted, didn't have a likely cracked ribcage from Blue Empress stomping on her AND Shodan's weight...

"Huff... come on... let's go."



Unleashing your Powers: 2d6-2 5

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry, | Location: Shodan's lovely spaceship


I can't believe Shodan managed to built a freaking spaceship. In a moment. From spare parts. That's... kinda ... nuts?

"This is pretty awesome, Shodan. I'm still somewhat baffled you managed to finish this in two months, even with my help. But, uh... care to listen for a moment? It's... about Blue Empress. I'm not sure if you figured it out yet, well, uh, you probably did because you're freaking brainiac, but, uh... you see, she's... my grandmother. And she wants to kill me."

Sylphid takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I should probably tell you everything. Blue Empress used to be the Sylphid of back when Ms. Doring was still a hero, and fighting in the world war. Her term as a Sylphid had ended after the war - but the Metahumans witch hunts haven't stopped. She lost a dear friend then, and... kinda went insane over it. She blamed everything on our pact with the wind spirits. After going missing for a while, she just suddenly showed up with new, dark powers, trying to kill Clara, but only Mom was home. So she nearly crippled her. You remember how she walks funny, right? That's the result of months of treatment. Basically, she made it her life mission end our Legacy. She's going to kill every Sylphid until there are no more, simple as that. And... she's like ten times more powerful than me. You probably noticed that part already..."

Sylphid stops to think for a moment.

"If if helps, I could give you my view of the battle. I could make a little memory shard that allows you to relive my memory. And.. uh... for the love of god, don't tell anyone, including my family, that I told you all of this. They'd kill me. Uh, metaphorically. Not literally, unlike Blue Empress."

Without really waiting on the response, Sylphid returns to her own thoughts.

The battle was bad enough. Sylphid's ribcage still hurts a bit, even after two months. Thankfully, it's nowhere as much as it did back then. Worrying about her family... was kind of worse. At least her family let up after the savage beating she took. They'll probably be safe because of Clara, and the fact that Blue Empress is way more likely to go after Sylphid than them, but it's still not giving her any peace of mind. I mean, I wasn't even able to tell them when I came out of that building. I had to go straight to the hospital for an emergency operation. Apparently, Blue Empress nearly pushed my ribcage into my heart. It... wasn't pretty, looking at the scan. The doctors called my family.

Shodan... kind of helped distract her from all that. she kept her busy helping with her pet project (Which, apparently, is a goddamn spaceship built out of spare parts...). Other than that, she's mostly kept to her own, but did show up to play videogames every now and then. Honestly, it feels more like she's trying to keep up the image she built of herself more than anything. She's probably just lonely, and appreciates Sylphid's presence.

As for CASTLE... it... had a good and a bad part. Good part? CASTLE not only apologized for the Archivists actions, they promised to help us out, seeing how hard we worked to evacuate the hellhole that our school had become.

The bad part? They've done some investigation about those weird folks. The Misfits. And the Illuminati. Apparently... Ms. Doring was part of the first, before betraying them for the second. And now... They came for vengeance. And, well, they have Ms. Doring. Who knows what they'll do to her... I just hope we can save her from whatever they want to do to her, I doubt it'll only be captivity...



Team Move:
When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a condition and give them Influence over you.
Since Shodan already has influence, she gets to shift my labels.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 9, 2016 around 15:39

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: Flashback - Shodan's lovely spaceship

Sylphid nods, closing her eyes, pressing her hands together, and then pulling them away from each other. In the middle of this, a small, see-through crystal floats, growing quickly faster.

"Here you go. Sit down - you're not going to be in control of your body while you see things through my eyes."


Due to the balance changes, I am swapping out "Suck it, Domitian" for "Fight the Good fight"!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 23, 2016 around 16:03

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance

Sylphid creates a bit of distance from the other people (a bit for a superspeedster means a lot for a normal person) as the call comes up. While she chuckled at Clara's interruption, her mood quickly turned sour.

"... Thanks, I guess. But... What are you even trying to say? That I should just distance myself from her? Quite frankly, Mom, what are you thinking?! She pretty much saved my life from Blue Empress. She's the best bet I have to close the giant gap in power between me and Blue Empress. And even then. I know she has problems. But why, in heavens sake, should I leave her alone with those problems if that's the case? Have you forgotten what a hero is supposed to be about? People like us have to be there for them. Especially for people like her! She needs that angel on her shoulder! ... Ugh. At least you finally realized the anguish you were inflicting on me. But maybe you should think about your definition of a hero again before you start lecturing me again. ... Goodbye."

She says, hanging up, and throwing the phone at the floor... only in the last moment having the sense to NOT have it get smashed into pieces.


Reject Influence (Momphild): 2d6 9 Marking Potential by proving her wrong.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 23, 2016 around 16:03

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance

Sylphid, having recovered from her outburst of anger a bit, bolts back to the school gates - stopping next to Shodan.

"Sorry, had to take a phone call. Family. Did I miss anything?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 23, 2016 around 16:04

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance

I know that look on Shodan. It's when she's trying to analyze a person. We've been hanging out for a bit, so it's became pretty obvious to me. Might as well help her out, these CASTLE goons are waaaay too secretive for my liking anyway. Giving Shodan a knowing glance, I turn to Lovelace.

"Ms. Lovelace, is it? Nice to meet you. I'm Sylphid, Team 1's leader. I assume you knew that already, just making sure." Sylphid greets the woman, extending her hand for a handshake. "I would like to thank you for your generosity during the last three months. Glad the incident with Agent Foster didn't spoil the relations."


Spending a Team to bump Shodan's roll to a 10 by extending the conversation for Shodan to analyze.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 23, 2016 around 16:04

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance


"Well, first off, you should see that clearance problem dealt with, I suppose. But finding Ms. Doring is more important, right now. I'm going to be frank here - I don't think we can do that without CASTLE's help. I've already attempted some magical tracking methods, but it didn't work. Whoever those guys were, they used tech to portal around. I'm sure the other Valkyries have started some investigations on their own, but I didn't get notified of success yet. And honestly, we don't really have the technology or infrastructure to do so."

Now, Shodan seems curiously suspicious of her. How will Lovelace react to this, Sylphid wondered, as she studied Lovelace' body language when she replies.

Pierce the Mask: 2d6+1 8 What are you really planning?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 23, 2016 around 16:05

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance

Sylphid gives a short wave to Vermillion... just before Jewels says about the dumbest thing she's heard in three months. Looking Jewels in a very clearly disappointed way, she chews her out:

"Jewels... I'm disappointed. If you want to be team leader, lying to get into the position is not a way to go about it. Especially not in front of the two other people other than Doring which were present. It just shows you're not up for the task in more way than one..." she very clearly corrects, making sure Lovelace can hear it, "No, it's Bravura that's been selected as leader for team two and that how it should stay."



Would this count as telling her who she is? (a dumb liar) if so, since I have influence over her, I'd change her stats to Superior -1 and Mundane +1.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance

"Oh dear hold the phone I gotta catch Vermillion. Shodan, please do tell Lovelace how the conversation with Ms. Doring really went, okay?"

Without waiting for an answer, she dashes off. Following one explosion of feathers later, Sylphid is now up in the air, easily keeping pace with Vermillion.

"Vermillion, I'm sorry I didn't say hi. Had to talk to Lovelace. Look, please forgive the others. Everyone is super on edge because of what happened. Don't let others get you down, okay? You're a valued member of this team, no matter what they say. But, you really got to calm down and think things through. Even if it seems easy to solve things by just punching them. Rushing in alone never ends well. Why don't you come down with me and tell everyone what you know? With your help, we can get Ms. Doring back. But I don't believe any of us can get her back ourselves. We know too little about our opponent. Come on, Vermillion. We got to get the team to work together again. You got to help me with that! Please..."

Comforting/Supporting Vermillion: 2d6+0 3 Meh. Exp.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance


"And that's where you're wrong. Look you gotta use your head a bit. I know it's easy to think you're invincible... but you're not. None of us are. It doesn't matter what you think. Reality will always catch up to you, and show you that there's always someone better than you."

Sylphid pauses her lecture to lift her shirt up a bit - revealing a rather nasty scar on her stomach...

"Look, you really got to stop thinking with what you are outside, and start thinking like the person you are inside, Lisa. Nobody can take an entire villainous organization on their own. They are what teams are formed for! I mean, for hell's sake - they got GEMM victims in there. You know how strong Jewels is... GEMM is probably even worse than that. Sure, you can probably take someone like Jewels by yourself. What about the rest, though? To compare, If you can't take the Valkyries by yourself, there's no way you can take the Misfits by yourself - they literally have people MADE to be weapons. I understand your frustration. You want Ms. Doring back. We all do. That's the reason why everyone is like this, if you ask me. But charging in blindly will get you nowhere. You will just get yourself killed... or worse.


Provoking Vermillion: 2d6+0 9 I want you to listen to Sylphid's advice and take it to heart. If you do, mark potential.

Nope. Marking Hopeless.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 27, 2016 around 04:59

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty, Angry | Location: School Entrance

Sylphid was just about the respond... When Vermilion suddenly turns... into an egg. Well, that's... unexpected. I was just about to make my counter point, too! And... she broke a tree. great. And Shodan immediately shows up to tell her not to touch it, while she was just kind of levitating there wondering what the hell just happened.

Oh well, Shodan probably knows what she's doing. Let's just leave her to it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +2 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty | Location: Making an Omelette

"Ugh.... Shodan I'll leave bringing the egg back to you and your spaceship. I should probably take this call. As much as I don't want to."

Without waiting for a response, she takes the call, beginning jogging back (As much as she'd like to go back in super speed, it kind of makes a coherent conversation impossible...)

"Yes, what is it? I'm kind of busy, Cerberus kind of just took the city hostage!"


Also, late Reject roll for Jewels:

Reject Influence (Jewels): 2d6 7 Marking Potential

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2016 around 04:54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Danger: -1| Savior: +3 | Superior: 2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Hopeless, Guilty | Location: Making Boiled Chicken

Unfortunately, Sylphid is far too distracted to actually listen to Shodan. Instead, she jumps out of the ship, summoning Mystletainn on her way down, and soaring through the air...

While on the phone.

"Listen, Clara. We're fighting people that have magically untrackable teleportation. Look for Mom's echo, and see if it cuts off somewhere. I have a really bad feeling about this..."

The conversation gets interrupted as she engages the enemy and the sounds of battle are too loud to speak over. HRAAAAH!

"You caught me in a really bad time, we just got attacked. If you need anything else, make it quick."

Thanks to her speed, getting over the dragon-man is no big deal. Now flanking him, she intends to divide his attention away from the ship.

"Sorry about that - had some urgent business to take care off." Sylphid quips, pointing her sword at the dragonman.

"Don't worry, you my full attention now."


Using I know what I am to shift Savior up, Mundane down and add one Team to the pool.

Defending Shodan's ship: 2d6+3 8 (technically a 9 since I forgot to factor in Influence) Choosing to clear Hopeless.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2016 around 21:36

  • Locked thread
«2 »