Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Freak -1 | Danger 1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 0/5 | Conditions:

I had worked the night shift before, so it was less, roll out of bed and instead change from my work outfit to my costume. I didn't complain or even think about complaining, but I sure the hell wanted too. I had planned to try to track down some information on what The Darkness was up too this evening, but instead I was fighting this faker. My dad was a lot cooler. You know, I really missed my dad.

Strapped in behind Shodan, I don't seem to be surprised by any of this, then again, I have my mask and rebreather on. The truth is until the explosion I was half asleep, with a timer to go off when we arrived. My hud of my mask came to life and I looked around. Groggy, I decided to do the simplest solution to a problem such as this. "See you all on the ground." My harsh robotic voice said, as I dropped through the bottom of the plane with my seat beat lying on the seat unhooked.

Falling through the air my hud highlighted the stupid science dude, I forget his name, right now I just need some coffee. I pressed a button on my helmet and a caffeine tablet was within mouth range. I chewed it before swallowing to wake myself up again. I landed on the roof more dense than I actually was and the roof buckled as I hit. Trying to recompose matter was hard, let me tell you by feel.

It was my responsibility that Cheryl the other coffee gal was hurt, and therefore I would take her shift too. I plugged in my cheap smart phone that Mrs. Doring had given me to allow her to contact her. "This is Sam" I said with the americanized version of my name the mask not distorting this call, after all Mrs. Doring said she couldn't understand me,"Will take up the shift, sorry just finished locking up." I said as I started running toward the Sciromancer jumping from roof top to roof top. The problem with dropping straight down is that in the air things seem so much closer horizontally.

Oh well at least that gave me some time to make the call. Unplugging the jack from the side of my mask, I looked over the scene, though it appeared that our more super powered team members were trying to attack, our leader was about to take a hit, I tried to pull the idiots attention toward me.

"Hey, you like science right. I fell into a particle accelerator. rear end in a top hat. I am science." I nod my helmet dramatically trying to distract him from attacking Sylphid.

Provoking scidummy
2d6+0: 6 [2d6=3, 3]
MArking Potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"drat it." I look at Bravera and swallow my pride, "Good shot." I call out before moving forward. I needed to get that fucker off the roof. That is all there was too it. I was going to have to fight this rear end in a top hat using everything I had at my disposal. There was going to be only one way to get to him. Go through him. Well not exactly, if I could time his assault he could go through the zero point energy field and then drag him out of his barrier an instant it would be like he had jumped off the building at terminal velocity and hit the roof. There is no way this plan couldn't work. And gently caress, he needed to do something, they already thought he was a burn victim and a pity case.

Maybe he was a pity case. Ugh, gently caress it sucks not being able to be normal around people that are so like me. I need to get close, and so I ran across the roof in a full sprint, launching myself at the Sciasshole and for a moment, I don't exist in this universe, but I also existed everywhere as I jump beyond the field and grab the rear end in a top hat. I pull him down to the ground on his back and then in a expertly trained move roll back.

"Get him!" I shout as loud as my robotic voicebox can project.

Directly engage SciDork
<Axe-man> !2d6+1
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 8+1 = 9
Setting up an opportunity for the team.
Orokos just gave a blank page and screw losing my post to clear my cookies

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2016 around 06:31

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure

The floor vanishes and I crouch into the landing as I fall into the lab before. As I couldn't really "fly" I just watch the SciLoser fly off into the stratosphere as something happens. I land my knee causing the concrete floor, causing a indent. Standing up, I see a large lab and apparently another group. Great. This wasn't good at all. I decided to figure out what the hell was going on here. Clicking on my hud in my visor, I try to determine what is going on around us.

Assess the situation
<Axe-man> assessing the situation
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 6+0 = 6

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Thanks your good shot distracted him." I say to Bravia quickly, I notice her glances at jewels and feel a slight tinge of jealousy. If only I didn't have to wear this stupi- no. I have to. Gotta think of my family, can't let The Darkness get to them. I give a brief glare at the dragon lady, and shrug off her attack. After all she just dropped the loving roof into the lab!

"Like you have done anything ever at all effective. Remember the Super Bowl? Yeah that was real good work." I adding to the Shodan and Castle conversation. Castle was such a gently caress up!

Spending a team point to give Shodan a success!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 2/5 | Conditions: Guilt

There is silence as I looked at home and said in a low voice "You keep them out of it!" I made a fist at the rear end in a top hat when Avatar lurches forward and starts killing him! "Stop it! you are-" I shield my head as my hud goes dark for a moment as the emp grenade goes off. This was insane, Avatar had just attacked the guy, and I knew that he was an rear end in a top hat, but I didn't want to kill him. Dragon lady was taking care of Avatar, but I was looking more at the other people in the group and the soldiers with him. So he really liked making fun of my teammates, well, I would let him have his day, but I would be watching him.

Instead, I just try to calm down a bit, this wasn't going to go bad, it couldn't. I had to prepare myself for the worst, while Avatar at least was being looked after. I wanted for the hammer to fall and looked at the smug g-man. "Just what do you want?" I asked him honestly.

Using game face before the situation escalates further!
2d6+0: 8 [2d6=5, 3]
Clear a condition
Clearing insecure

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior 0 | Superior 0 | Mundane +3
Potential 2/5 | Conditions: | The Coffee Shop of Doom

The bright purple/pink name of Sam was emblazoned on my blue tee shirt, as I looked down at my 8 shot straight coffee that I had under the table. I hated this job so much, I pretty much hated coffee, I mean turkish coffee is alright and tea is divine, but this americanized crap is just too much for me. I cleaned up the last of the coffee as I shut down, and wiped down everything. I took two big cups to the two teammates celebrating together, each filled with what I remembered they enjoyed in coffee. I tried to look rather bored and less than the exhausted I was. Thankfully, my stamina was a lot greater than it use to be.

"Hello ladies!" I said in my usual chipper coffee salesman voice, "Just wanted to give you both a cup of coffee as a thank you for mostly saving the Coffee Shop. Cheryl was hurt, but she is recovering. But hey, I get to be here to give this to you instead." He added with a strained smile and looked at both of them. A more genuine one replacing it, "I wanted give you a personal thanks, cause without this job couldn't make enough for rent and school. Besides wouldn't get to have fun around you all." It was all true, though might not be in the way they expected. I put down the cup full of mocha with cinnamon, sugar and whipped cream.

For the Dragon Lady, I placed a covered cup of her favorite, at least what I had seen her order before. She was a bit stand offish, but you know, what can you do. "So, I'm about to close up and head off, anything else you two need at all?"

Support and Comfort Shodan
2d6+3: 8 [2d6=4, 1]

Support and Comfort Vermillion!
2d6+3: 14 [2d6=6, 5]
Clearing Condition

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Mar 1, 2016 around 19:15

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

"Nice to see you too. Normally hide behind my counter, but I was about to get on to school- thought I would drop by and give my appreciation... if that is alright"

When Vermillion kind of just collapses, I am not sure what to make of it. I mean I am not exactly her type? Beside she seems to hurt anyone who isn't completely invulnerable, or maybe I am being creepy. gently caress, why does this have to be so hard, where are the fist bumps and the high fives I am use too? Of course, those were just street kids that I hung out with in Switzerland, not super powered girls. Oh well, gotta keep this cool, I think without my smile fading, after all I was very good at putting on a mask. I was sure that Fission would have gotten a better reception, but oh well.

Shodan appears to save me and Vermillion, my hand behind my head scratching it. "Two Turnovers? Sure, Sure, we normally throw them away if no one eats them, so I'll get them for you, and then head out." I said a bit of a scarlet glow on my cheeks. Gotta keep it cool, "After that gotta head out to school myself." I turn and start back to my counter, bending over to take up the last two apple turnovers, and decide to throw in a chocolate muffin in the fridge. Honestly anyone named Miracle, deserves a bit extra. Harsh, I mean I had a dad that use to get frustrated I wasn't into particle physics, so I had a little bit of a clue what it was like to have bad parents.

Returning to the table with my backpack on my back, and two plates in my hands, one with two turnovers and the other with two chocolate muffins, "Figured I would increase my odds of being rescued and give you both a little extra." I said with a winning smile, and a bit of a laugh. "I am sure you both have important- super- heroing." I glanced over at Vermillion and tried to NOT be a creep. Last I need is her punching me through a wall, though I mean she isn't not attractive per say, just... dangerous. Shodan on the hand looked cute in a Gothic way- Shut up brain. Get out of there, focus. Last I need to be known as is being the creep.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

"Hey, now that is not very-" I said, but the coach didn't listen to the coffee slinger this time. "Oh come on that is bullshit! She is as much a person as anyone. Don't liste-" She wasn't listening, and then she runs out the door. Oh. poo poo. "Shodan-" I said looking at the very dangerously smart goth, "-you don't think she will hur-" She isn't listening to me either god drat it. "Oh god drat it. " I said out loud and the called after Shodan as she ran out.

"You go get them you Gothic Avenger!" I call after her not really sure what else to do. Not in costume, my options were limited, so instead I bolted toward my room, or at least MY access to my room. You see, I worry about my molecular cohesion and have a very real worry that one day, randomly all my atoms will decide to explode going at the speed of light in all directions. Either way, there was a frame to keep me there while I slept.

Walking down the hall toward the employee parking, I walk through a wall into my storage room and start changing quickly, it takes me a few minutes, most of it is stripping to my boxers and then walking into my cohesion frame were my suit lies. Thankfully, I can walk into my outfit and instantly fill the space that was unoccupied. The stand was built by me to do exactly that. I wasn't sure how I figured all this poo poo out, but it seemed to come more naturally to me than I expected.

Instantly dressed, I turned off the machine and landed on the floor. Normally I turned it so I could "lay down" in the magnetic field, but when I was out of the outfit,it stood up and stared into space, my locker and "normal belongings" were behind the machine, completely inaccessible to anyone but me. Either way, It was time for The Fission to make sure that no one got hurt.

Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 Masked
Potential 2/5 | Conditions: | The Perilous Outside

Not taking any chances, I start running through walls and people toward the outside, taking the direct route, though some of the people were disturbed when I ran through, them that didn't matter. From my understanding it was rather electrifying, and kind of disturbing like you weren't you for a moment. I tried not to do it but even by accident Vermillion could hurt someone.

I arrive to see the scene before me, "What is going on here?" I ask in my robotic voice

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 2/5 | Conditions: | The Perilous Outside

"No." I said holding the grenades in my hand. I had to run and step through Shodan herself to catch them, but it was worth it. My hand started cycling through them and each one fell into pieces on the ground, the powder blowing away in the sand. My robotic voice was not a thing that could be laced in anger, but at least my real one was. "You think this will help Vermillion? Scaring people? They might have judged her and might be scared of her, but that is something that is over come through knowledge, not just loving with them." I said strongly, moving over to Shodan.

"You think the coach is going to let up any at all? No. He is going to double down, you might be a genius, and you might be amazing at your toys and gadets, but this won't solve any problems at all." I turn to the crowd and wave them, "Move on, do you want to be looked at like that? I don't think so. She is just different, we all are. But she is here to help and save you, that is what you all should remember. She was born like this, and it is who she is." I hope my speech would get the crowd to disperse, but the fact that I had saved them was something that could have influenced their opinion.

"I've been in this shell to long to let it happen again." I said to myself. Looking at the crowd, standing between Shodan and Vermillion and them.

Defending the Civilians against the attack
6+3: 11 [2d6=4, 4]
-2 to Shodan's Roll

Comfort Verimillion
2d6+0: 10 [2d6=5, 5]

+1 team

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 3/5 | Conditions: | The Perilous Outside

I look at Harold Ramos and listen to him talk, but I don't pay attention because he gave me that look. The look you give a machine, or a dog, or some other tool and instrument. He ceased to exist for me, instead I just felt myself drop down and into the ground. Cohesion lost, fighting effectiveness nullified, and that was the only reason I existed. There was none other. I didn't really exist anything other than a faceless masked thing. Inhuman to a fault, a nothing, a copy of a copy, a facsimile. As Doring pointed out. It was obvious to me as I fell through the ground and then reappeared in a drainage pipe far underground.

gently caress, I had done it again. I just lost too much of a sense of self to keep molecular cohesion. Not that any would notice, as Shodan and The dragon lady had pointed out, I wasn't exactly missed. Instead I decided to walk through the water over flow toward the outside of the pipe, with no cell service, I figured that it was simply a matter of walking out. Why continue to keep going? Because If I didn't I would disappear, there was only goal only one objective, take out the monster. It was going to come for me, or perhaps, I would come for it, it was hard to tell.

Once, that was done then I could disappear. The scales balanced, maybe, just maybe, but that was all I had to look forward too. I figured the others felt that way, since they didn't objectively care if I was there or not nor really want me there. I was the freak in the mask, the weirdo, the ugly one. It was obvious that this was guiding their actions. I ducked as the pipe started to get smaller, and I searched for a way outside. I doubted that anyone had traveled this way since before it was built. I suppose that was still the case, after all, I was nothing, not a person.

I shouldn't be at work, I shouldn't have a job, I shouldn't be doing anything but searching all of this time wasted when it should be focused toward a singular solitary objective. It wasn't like anyone else would notice, I wasn't enough of a person to be a hero and that was the secret solution to the problem.

Just have to work, undauntingly, alone even though I was surrounded by people. The Mask a wall greater than anyone else could ever breech.

After all, who can love a mask?

Unleash Power
2d6-1: 4 [2d6=2, 3]
+1 potential

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 3/5 | Conditions: | The Inky Abyss!

The drainage pipe couldn't hold me any more than anything else could do, but in my current state, I was afraid that I was not going to be able to regain molecular cohesion, but this was more important self pity and putting myself down. There was only thing that I could do, I would have to buck up and try to make a difference. I clicked the side of my helmet and my eyes glowed an eerie red as my uv lights clicked on and my lenses brought it into a way I could actually see in the pitch black. I had always worked in the shadows in the dark, so I was prepared for the absolute darkness, also, uv radiation worked well with my form of quantum tunneling, don't ask me why, I don't know.

The metal surface of the pipe quickly told me they weren't there, so instead I ran through the wall toward the last position of the burst of energy. I run through the walls without even thinking of it, before going to the entrance of the lab. I hold my hand to the door and press through the door into the room. I seem to glow to briefly as I absorb some ambient energy and the mass of purplish hair seems to lurch at both Shodan behind a shield and I think our fearless leader. I gave a guttural scream, distorted by my voice modulator, as I leaped into the mess absorbing the energy that the mass was giving off.

I was taking all of its energy that it was wielding like a child having a tantrum, but that was something that I was very good at. I was practically pure energy but the science is too complicated for me to explain fully, either way, I could absorb more energy than a fusion reactor and maintain cohesion, I hoped that this thing didn't have more. I didn't want to find out what the consequences were to doing that.

Defend both from the monster!
2d6+3: 13 [2d6=5, 5]
Take Influence over Shodan! :P

Start of Session Roll: 2d6+0: 7 [2d6=4, 3]
Rolled with current mundane

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2016 around 12:58

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 4/5 | Conditions: | The Lab

Mary doesn't understand anger, real rage, it was like a drop in the bucket for someone like me. The ties that bound me together were anger, at myself, at my dad, at the world in general. My entire life had been one ball of anger directed in one path or another. It was like a red haze went over me and the saving fell to revenge. Her small tiny almost insignificant hate, met my pure unending volume of rage, I had spent my life redirecting my hate, but now I found something that had added directionless momentum to it. Now, I hated everyone and everything, and all the indignities and suffering that I had to endure with a smile.

I was tired of hiding and tired as the my suit started to glow from the pure energy that I started putting out. I started getting hotter as the water from the sprinklers evaporated as soon as it gets close to me. My hands start to search for flesh to grab and hurt, to strangle the very life from the monster that was in front of me, and my own monster unleashed. Her very insolence that her anger was anything other a lake compared to my ocean of my rage. I grab whatever is left of her flesh among the hair and lift the massive object, the energy turning my body into a bright beacon in the middle of the tangle of hair.

Slyphid's lance arced into my body and it absorbed it just as it had done Mary's infantile temper tantrum. I was now, starting to cause static electricity to arc through the air as I struggled to contain both the anger and the energy that is flowing into me. Instead I focus on her and try to keep her physical body in hand and direct all my anger and rage at her, the one focal point.

I fell my hands start to crawl toward the things neck she no longer looked human at least to me behind my mask. As electricity arced from my shoulders to my arm.

Rolled the wrong roll, but it is Take a Powerful blow
2d6+0: 3 [2d6=1, 2]
marking potential

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

The bullets hitting the side of my head and into my mask were hard enough to concentrate on when everyone else seemed to be ignoring that I actually was there. "STOP firing at me!" I shouted and then in one instant all of that energy that I was absorbing was unleashed at once, as pure unbound as anything. It was pure light. My hand goes up to my mask, as it was damaged, and I use a strip of my belt to hold the remains of it on. The rest of whatever was in the shotgun is no more, as the energy unleashed starts to pour out of me until I can't control it. In fact Mary and her mutant hair gets the brunt of it, but the ignition was akin to nuclear bomb without the radiation going off.

I focus on the ground and start to rock, still glowing red hot and starting to melt things around me, had to focus on it. It takes so much concentration to hold it together, and now, my mask was damaged, I couldn't talk at all, I couldn't tell them to get back. Electricity starts to arc off of me, as I start to react to the metal nearby. My atoms were moving to fast, and creating too much friction, I had to focus and calm down, I had to calm down. I was starting to fall apart.

From one instant, I was invisible to being brighter than the sun, and now it was starting to act like a tanning salon in here. Though the metal around me starting to melt and form puddles at my feet was not as good as I could have hoped.

Well, at least with one hand holding my mask up, I could know what a nuclear reactor felt like.

Taking a Powerful Blow
2d6+0: 11 [2d6=6, 5]
You lose control of yourself or your powers in a terrible way.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2016 around 06:21

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

I had to stop the world from crashing down on everyone, and so I held my hand up and blasted the energy upward toward the falling ceiling, tearing into the floors above, and annihilating the beams that were trying to fall on to us, of course the bubble of energy above us has to go somewhere... and therefore it went upward. I kept the half sphere of energy sustained with all of my focus that I could muster, and I had too, Mary was still feeding me like a power cell, only I was no longer absorbing it, instead redirecting it. Without any recourse, I poured more and more energy into the shield that went upward.

It started expanding out of the chamber and soared toward the roof, and I was pretty sure that I wasn't able to stop it.

Defend the others from the collapsing ceiling
2d6+3: 9 [2d6=5, 1]
Escalating the situation!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 5/5 | Conditions: | The Lab

I closed my hand and my body began to deconstruct into energy, slowly, the heat around me became extreme, I was going to try to reshape the top arch above me. Instead, I couldn't shape that much energy as it quickly flowed into me from the hair that stretched around my neck, and I couldn't control both the blast from my hand and the energy manipulation while also under attack.

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them energy poured out of them in fact, I had started unleashing all of my energy at once. There wasn't any restraint anymore as as it grew from me in its own melting and deconstructing everything in its wake, feeding the growing destruction around me.

Unleash Your Powers
2d6-1: 4 [2d6=2, 3]
+1 potential

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 5/5 | Conditions: Angry | The Lab

It was sudden snap and then the outpouring was done, but my costume was now integrated into me, my body was energy and energy was my body. It lapped at my heels as I felt the electrons in the earth react to me. I was stabilized, or at least had stabilized, but beyond the bare basics of humanity, my vaguely humanoid skeletal structure held up pure light. Time no longer functioned like someone made of matter and instead, I was at the grandmother of our beleaguered leader in an instant. I flexed my hand in a smooth motion and converted the energy in my hand into force, the walls and ceiling crumbling and falling down.

"You've got a lot farther than you should have, but then you haven't met me before, either. Time to say goodbye." I said simply in a hollow tone that was inhuman, neither mechanical nor produced by anything close to larynx my hand didn't touch her, but the sheer energy unleashed blew threw the laboratory wall behind her.

I don't turn my head, I no longer had eyes that needed to see. Instead I raised my hand and the ceiling stopped falling, and froze in place. I no longer was manipulating the energy like a laser, or a beam, I was controlling it. Changing the simple gravitational constant of the ceiling seemed to be almost easy. I looked over the other two on the floor and then back to both.

"You will not harm anyone anymore." I said. My feet were no longer touching the ground, but I wasn't floating, it was something different the world was floating away from me.

Directly Engage
2d6+1: 12 [2d6=5, 6]
Resist or Avoid Their Blows
Impress, Surprise or Frighten the opposition

Defend
2d6+3: 10 [2d6=4, 3]
Clearing Condition Angry

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 5/5 | Conditions: | The Lab

"We will help." I say not fully able to process where I was as all possible time frames appeared to me in an instant and all possible ways of doing things appeared to be happening now. My hand was still raised at the roof and with a momentary consideration, I hold out my hand in a direction of the door to the room. I start to push all the energy through myself and toward that direction.

Unleash the Power
2d6-1: 5 [2d6=1, 5]
anddd back to normal for fission

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 0/5 | Conditions: |

There is a broken down and neglected side of the city that few acknowledge and even less see, it is here that most people let the outliers of society slowly die and be discarded. The false dichotomy of the american dream and the idea that if you are good enough you can achieve. The fake gift that the supposed american dream gives you, breaks down at the boundaries. Here are the refuse and the rejects of the world all clustered into one area that was allowed to rot by the wealthy moving toward the suburbs and creating miles of terrible homes. There is no lipstick and make up to cover the marks that had been wracked on these people.

Even the ones that just work there and then commune to safer places with fairer prospects always appear to have a weathered sadness about them as they enter. Happiness was not known there, and neither was hope, and that is where we find our hero Fission.

The coffee shop had disappeared along with most of the building in the explosion and the attack. It wouldn't be coming back in time and thus another place was found for enigmatic Fission. Doring's Secretary was the only one left for him to trust with his secret. Fission was not one to break anymore promises, as he had failed them enough in a previous life when he was really alive. That was the real difference, he was given a second chance, for no reason, he was the one that wasn't worthy. His new job as a homeless shelter cook seemed more appropriate however, and he had requested the worst place in the city for that reason.

The people he fed were just like him, forgotten and discarded through the new sleek modern world. Though super heroes existed there was no lack of suffering among the people in the end there was no one to fight when it came to hunger or mental illness. Some even blamed these people for what fate, and perhaps wrong choices had dealt them. Those are the people that Ishmael suspected had never fallen, and never had the world crumble around them. Every support taken away and were left with only the street.

There is were the Darkness truly dwelt, in that that ignorance. The feeling in people that they ignored everyone but their own problems were where the Darkness thrived, that selfishness and the utter ruthlessness that it spawned is what it was spawned from. To fight it there was only to face that part of yourself, or rather what that led too. It had been a good day, and a lot of smiles from people who just needed food and a chance. At the very least, Ishmail could give one.

It was walking back and away from that own cancer that infected the city itself that Ishmail moved to his second job. Another thing that was required to keep the place he was, and this one was at the hospital under Doctor Carol F. Wieschaus as an lab assistant. She was working on reversing cancer or something, it was a job he was keenly equipped to do. After for years, he had assisted his father in the depths of the LHC, and that was what he was used too.

Today was special though he figured, he was late, but had gotten a text message to come and pick up a package for the Doc. Stopping at the hospital, he grabbed a square package and stuffed it in his backpack and started to whistle as he went toward the lab.

Finally arriving by the rear entrance of the lab, he deposited the package in the doctors biological sample fridge and went to his room. It was time to suit up, he had not been around much the last three months so the outfit was even starting to feel odd instead of the second skin. Either way, he had rebuilt the mask and uniform when it had melted to his skin from the battle.

Donning his new costume, he became unknowable, a no one. Another person who had lost everything, even their body. That was just fine with Fission.

It was time to stop the Darkness. however it manifested.

The Fission walked out of their room and walked past the war room. Silently, Fission walked through the door and moved toward the back of the room.

Session rolls:
2d6+3: 11 [2d6=5, 3]
Advantage/opportunity

Taking move: Suck it, Domitian

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2016 around 05:42

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: War Room -> Roof

I just nodded, the information was washing over me, but mostly I was feeling like didn't really exist and instead was watching from outside of my body. Everything seemed to go around me, but nothing about me, it wasn't until Gwen scrounged up her face as she looked at me, that I realized that I wasn't reacting at all. I gave a quick nod and a wordless stare as I got to my feet. The appearance of me wasn't something of note after, all a deep sense of emptiness had seemed to surge through me as the darkness had gotten stronger. Perhaps, I would even fade away from reality and no one would even realize that I had been there.

That was the crux, I decided was to will myself into existence and keep myself from sliding into the darkness that seemed to creep from the void where I should be. Maybe, it was my death starting to slowly edge toward me, and whatever power that was keeping me together and not into an atomized paste.

"We need to get out there to mitigate the damage." I said finally, "The half of the team there are the ones that have been most destructive." I said in my new brassy robotic voice looking at the other two.

"I'm not sure what I can do against a flyer though." I said reasonably to the other two.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Jet

"Understood, that will help out, for the ones of us that can't fly." I said giving an unblinking stare toward Jewels for a moment. I hesitate to say anything, and it seems silly, these are real people that know what they are doing and they can't understand the fractal nature of my existence nor the missing gaps in my reality that have torn me apart. Thankfully, my mask once again is my savior as even my eyes are blocked by the two eye pieces. That is something at least that I can be very thankful for, and maybe the only salvation that I have left to look for.

"I have to warn you that, I've been getting... weaker, lately." There is an audible click on my speaker as I try to figure out to say it, "The dark one is getting stronger I think, and I think that they are close, it is kind of a weird yin and yang thing. The stronger they are, the weaker I am." I wasn't sure how to fully explain it, but that would have to do, what would they think of by weaker that I could feel the only thing that was holding me together in this reality away.

"Either way, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up." If I could smile at this moment, I would have forced one. Once again another thing the mask saved me from.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: On the ground in position

"This is bad, he is on to me, I am going to uncover all of your plans. I am going to have to make myself scarce. A diversion!" I said to Bravura and Jewels and started running off to the left, this time very noisily and loudly as soon as I was out of the planned area. I hopped over several trash cans tripping them over. I start looking left and right before I could get out of range of our ear buds. I look around and try to find something, anything in the area to use as a trump card against the real enemy. Wherever the Darkness was, it only made sense that I got Jewel to save her sister so we can get out of here.

"Still in talking range, I'm going to try to draw off some of them to make sure you can get Jewel's sister safe." I said, the synthesizer not able to distort the fear in my voice fully. My following coat was whipping in the wind as I tried to use my brain to get myself out of this situation.

Protecting everyone by creating a distraction out of the area!
2d6+3: 11 [2d6=2, 6]
Adding team to the pool!

Assessing the Situation
2d6-1: 8 [2d6=5, 4]
What here can I use to distract or force the Darkness to engage me, and allow the others to work?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Potential 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: On the ground in position

"What the hell is that?" I said as the giant robot stomped along spewing out robots, most of which seemed concerned with attacking me as planned, "Looks like they took the diversion... mostly. Jewels going to meet you to get picked up by Warp." I said as I started through the alleyway, tunneling through robotic punches and attempting to get out, and lose them. "Going to try to shake them before I get to the pick up. Let me try to hamstring this big guy!" I said as worked my way through to the big robot.

I jumped in the air and was about to try to phase through the robot's leg and like pull some wires as I did or something! At least that was the plan.

Directly engage a threat (attempted to do wrong move in link, used roll)
2d6+1: 3 [2d6=1, 1]
r.i.p. +1 xp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

In the end all that anyone had were make outs and coffee

• Locked thread