Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I finally brought down a reindeer by killing a Njerpaz guy who attacked me, trading some of his stuff for a reindeer from a villager, and killing the reindeer. Pretty sure that's not how it works but I have 90ish reindeer cuts smoking on my fireplace and that's what matters.

Forgot to skin the drat thing before butchering it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

queserasera posted:

I finally brought down a reindeer by killing a Njerpaz guy who attacked me, trading some of his stuff for a reindeer from a villager, and killing the reindeer. Pretty sure that's not how it works but I have 90ish reindeer cuts smoking on my fireplace and that's what matters.

Forgot to skin the drat thing before butchering it. :(

You did nothing wrong, Njerpez are walking iron age ATM machines. That you have to kill to get your money.

Please don't starve to death in the 16 days it takes to smoke that meat.. :v: anyway if you have built a cabin and a fireplace, then you'll be able to scrape by I am sure. If you're just crashing in a village, go out and find your own spot, once you have some food and tools there's no fun in hanging around villages all day long. People are such a bother.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

TorakFade posted:

You did nothing wrong, Njerpez are walking iron age ATM machines. That you have to kill to get your money.

Are they going to come after me at some point seeking revenge? I think torching a village and putting everyone to the sword would get the neighbors' attention. A lone vagabond though, would anyone care? Have I become someone else's quest? "We sent Bob up to Owl Territory and it's been two weeks and he hasn't returned, I'll give you a quest reward if you go find him."

quote:

Please don't starve to death in the 16 days it takes to smoke that meat.. :v: anyway if you have built a cabin and a fireplace, then you'll be able to scrape by I am sure.

I can fish like nobody's business. I mostly live on pike and bream, with perch and roach going to my helpful dog Surma. I got lucky and caught a salmon once but I sacrificed it when I woke up one morning to angry waters.

Fighting a second Njerpez got me some more stuff as well as some injuries. (Really hoping my wounds don't become infected! Seems like I can only clean them once though.) I now have several cords, a fine juniper bow and some arrows, and a cooking pot for my little 1x2 cabin. I thought about trading for furs or leather so I can make rope (to make skis and a punt) but I'm still hopeful I can catch and skin something. I'm wondering if I have time to go south and trade the rest of the loot for better axes.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

queserasera posted:

Are they going to come after me at some point seeking revenge? I think torching a village and putting everyone to the sword would get the neighbors' attention. A lone vagabond though, would anyone care? Have I become someone else's quest? "We sent Bob up to Owl Territory and it's been two weeks and he hasn't returned, I'll give you a quest reward if you go find him."

Fighting a second Njerpez got me some more stuff as well as some injuries. (Really hoping my wounds don't become infected! Seems like I can only clean them once though.) I now have several cords, a fine juniper bow and some arrows, and a cooking pot for my little 1x2 cabin. I thought about trading for furs or leather so I can make rope (to make skis and a punt) but I'm still hopeful I can catch and skin something. I'm wondering if I have time to go south and trade the rest of the loot for better axes.

Actually, Njerpez are always hostile and they always wander around (sometimes they even have war camps in other cultures territory), but they're not out to get you specifically... I think.

Sounds like you're doing well, and you can clean and dress wounds once per day so try again tomorrow :)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Actually, Njerpez are always hostile and they always wander around (sometimes they even have war camps in other cultures territory), but they're not out to get you specifically... I think.

That being said, in my game after I killed a Njerpez village (didn't know I could burn it down at the time though, regretfully) and then later went on a trip down south to trade, upon my return home there was a duo of Njerpez waiting by my house. Obviously I couldn't ask if they were there for me specifically or had just stumbled upon my house and decided to wait around, (since I could see them from a way off; they definitely stuck around and didn't approach it around when I did) but I'm going to assume they were out to get me, after I murdered all their friends and family.
So naturally I killed them and dragged their bodies into the woods, for the wolves to feast on :black101: (drat, I should really get back into URW...)

• Locked thread