Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Ground floor of this bitch :getin:

My requests from the other thread stand: dualwielding stuff, twinblade, or dual shields.

E: Game volume is a bit high.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Nidoking posted:

I'm not sure "switch at every bonfire" is working very well for you - you're going to be running all the way from the start of the game at every life at this rate because neither of you wants to sit at a bonfire and cede control, and you're going to burn through all your healing items pretty quickly.

And I hope a lot of the stuff I'm seeing is DLC additions rather than updates to the base game. I've had enough trouble getting anywhere without the "dragon at every corner" type changes I've been hearing about.

Agreed, I'd suggest that whoever is playing gets to rest once at any bonfire that they light. Especially because you're going to start running into weapon durability issues.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Oh my god, you bastards are gonna make me pop a blood vessel from laughing so hard.

In addition to the above information:
If you hold the two-hand button, you'll shift to the dual wield style if you're using compatible weapons and have the necessary stats (I think it's 1.5 or 2x strength for the individual weapon). L1 (and L2?) will then be a combo attack.
You should exhaust everyone's dialogue, especially someone in Majula.
And... something else, I think, but I can't remember after the orgy of death I just witnessed.

Also, I only played this before SotFS came out, and wow did they change some poo poo up. For example, the basilisks in the tutorial area weren't there at all.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 2, 2016

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
You actually get something nice for joining the covenant the Crestfallen Warrior was offering. And you could immediately leave it afterward if you want to.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
You can sprint up ladders :ssh:

E: I'm surprised you didn't remark on Luet (the non-Pate NPC) dual wielding greatshields. I'm also sad you were too much up in the Giant's jock to see his half-health enrage. He rips his arm off and uses it as a club :rock:

EE: You also might want to look at the button prompt at bonfires a little more closely.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 10, 2016

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
So, you misinterpreted curse a bit. Normally, when you die, you lose 10% of your max hp, down to 50%. When you get cursed, it acts identically to a normal death, just without the dying and bloodstain. You lose 10% of your max hp, and if you were human, you revert to being hollow.

Also, drat are you guys bad at dodging lol

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

I think we broke him :ohdear:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

DrTempest posted:

Episode 13: F*cking Finally and Episode 14: Storming the Bastille now up!

I'll upload my notes here in a bit. Less drunk than Nietzscheans, though.

:neckbeard: I love seeing you guys click on a tough boss.

E: HAHAHAHAHAHA the Pursuer in the Bastille killed himself by attacking a powderkeg after you fell. I looked it up and all you missed from his drop is a twinkling titanite, though.

Also, I only ever played through DkS2 before SotFS came out, and so much has changed. That second Pursuer was not there in the original. You should look at the items you got from his chest, though.

Also, regarding the first Pursuer, if you coop the ballistae in his room are really good for cheesing him if you summon coop buddies. The fun part is that they do full friendly fire, so you can and will get oneshot by your 'helpers' using this strategy :haw:

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 20, 2016

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
So, I might be jumping the gun a bit, but I'm worried I'll forget to say something by the time you post the episodes: Enemies in the Doors of Pharros area (and another we've yet to see) respawn infinitely, for a very specific reason.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Yesssssss, twinblade time :unsmigghh:

Going back to the Santier's Spear, I've read that you can get around having to break it in one go without a bonfire by dropping it from your inventory before resting. It'll stay on the ground, and because it's not on your person, it won't get repaired. That said, you really should just take the time to cheese it on the crows or something, it's worth.

E: A word

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 20, 2016

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Yes, the Chloranthy Ring and stamina shield do stack.

I don't think there's any other titanite vendors you can get to at the moment, but you really should exhaust npc dialogues. There's two in FoFG. There's also a friend (who you've met) that you need a certain ring (which you've seen) to be able to hear, because he talks really softly.

Falling damage is a function of your weight.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 21, 2016

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
RIP. LP was fun, hope to see you guys do some other stuff when time allows!

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
IT LIVES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Dark Souls 3 when?