Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Put dried powdered superhot chillies in everclear, leave for 72 hrs shaking every so often then carefully evaporate the alcohol and you're left with capsaicin crystals - the pure extract of painful molecules from chillies.

This blog shows you how to do it http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/2137987/capsaicin-distillation-from-nuclear-peppers

And this from wikipedia explains why the guy is a bit of a dick :

quote:

Toxicity

Acute health effects

Capsaicin is a highly irritant material requiring proper protective goggles, respirators, and proper hazardous material-handling procedures. Capsaicin takes effect upon skin contact (irritant, sensitizer), eye contact (irritant), ingestion, and inhalation (lung irritant, lung sensitizer). The LD50 in mice is 47.2 mg/kg.[44][45]

Painful exposures to capsaicin-containing peppers are among the most common plant-related exposures presented to poison centers.[citation needed] They cause burning or stinging pain to the skin and, if ingested in large amounts by adults or small amounts by children, can produce nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and burning diarrhea. Eye exposure produces intense tearing, pain,conjunctivitis, and blepharospasm

For cooking purposes the crystals need to be dissolved into oil or alcohol first, bearing in mind capsaicin is 16,000,000 on the Schoville scale.

Have any goons ever tried the crystals? Would you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've got some 7 million scoville extract juice. poo poo is too hot to taste the flavor profile. I like my homegrown naga vipers (500,000-1 million scoville): beyond insanity hot but still a great burst of flavor

Pussy

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Isaac posted:

So i can put a bunch of weed in alcohol and then evaporate it and ill have hash??

Even better, pure cannabis oil

Bake your weed at 100°C for 30 minutes to make it edible

0.2g of oil ingested will get you sooo baked .... and it lasts 12 hrs or more

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Adult tortures 10yr old by making him do the capsaicin challenge (administers the drop into kid's mouth around the 5 min mark)

https://youtu.be/JiHIUu7IjXM

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You would need to use butane if you want an oil extraction and that comes with the risk of blowing up your house if you do it in a non ventilated room like an idiot.

I've done the oil extraction with 190 proof and it works ... plenty of how-to's on yt about it - Rick Simpson oil some call it.

Butane makes honey oil which is waxy and solid, used for dabs mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

ArbitraryC posted:

Is there any particular reason to go for concentrates like this over dried or fresh peppers themselves? Like I get that it can go hotter but like the heat isn't the only enjoyable element of spicy foods and it seems kinda dumb to go as hot as possible for it's own sake. i enjoy the flavor of peppers don't get me wrong and I have a pretty good tolerance for the spicier kinds but I've just never seen the appeal of extracts.

I think it is mainly a "prove what a macho you are" thing as I haven't seen any ladies try the capsaicin challenge

• Locked thread